1. Mar 12, 2011
    Setting aside the fact that where each girls story line goes is pretty predictable, I really did enjoy this movie. The acting was better than decent, the plot was cute, and there might have even been a few moving moments.
  2. VetaN.
    Jul 13, 2005
    This is a great movie for a teenaged girl to go and see. There are life lessons in it about the value of friendship. It wasn't an intellectually challenging movie, however. Sure, it made me cry but the tears were cheap. I thought the movie was syrupy and predictable. It didn't tell me anything about the value of female frienships that I didn't already know.

Although targeted primarily for girls in the 12-to-19-year old range, there's enough truth about friendship, love, and life in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to offer solid entertainment to almost anyone who gives it a chance.
  2. Fortunately, director Ken Kwapis, who's done a lot of briskly unsentimental TV work with young people--"Malcolm in the Middle," most notably--knows how to avoid mawk, keeps the squawk to a minimum, and gets wonderful performances out of at least two of the sisterhood, "Gilmore Girls'" Alexis Bledel as the modest Lena, and America Ferrera ("Real Women Have Curves") as the stubborn Carmen.
  3. Despite a few design flaws, "Pants" should wear well with its young female demo.