5.2

1. Nov 7, 2012
    Using foul-mouthed children for comedic effect is growing old on me quickly; however, Jonah Hill saves the film from being a complete disaster and generates virtually every laugh.
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    Awful flick. Honestly...this is one of those movies where I can honestly say you'd have to pay me money to watch it again. Poorly acted. Jokes were stale. I think I might've chuckled once or twice. At least I didn't pay money to watch this.
  3. Rfa
    Aug 18, 2012
    This film is definitely a plagiarism made ​​of Adventures in Babysitting. Full of curses and bad jokes, which is but a poor attempt to imitate the great movie: Adventures in babysitting.
  4. Jun 30, 2012
    As people have said, this movie is not good or bad in particular. Its hard to judge because there are many times I have laughed hysterically. Jonah Hill said things to kids that I only dream of saying (stupid morals). The only thing that is getting in the way of the comedy is the **** plot. Its not just bad, it is REALLY bad. Like... REALLY bad. If anyone out there is a writer looking for comedy inspiration, I would suggest watching it, this is what not to do with plot in comedy. However, anyone else should avoid it and look up clips or something. Expand
  5. Apr 15, 2012
    If I said to my friends that this movie sucked, they will give me hell about it. So I now without any of my friends knowing that I i'm gonna talk trash about this movie. This movie is so bad I could go back in time and kill the director[ JK] but its not very smart if you ask me. It fails to do that. The Sitter 3.4/10
  6. Mar 2, 2012
    Some say this is clever and vulgar, but it is not. Once you get outside of its inane plot, this is a generic film attempting to be funny and failing featuring wooden performances, a misplaced soundtrack, and unbalanced direction. I usually am a fan of director David Gordon Green, but I can only see him benefiting from the irony of making a film he grew up loving as a 10-year-old, meant for adults. Unfortunately, I was neither high, drunk, hungover or pre-pubescent, and I wasn't entertained in the least at any point during the movie. Expand
  7. Feb 8, 2012
    I like movies that are vulgar, offensive, disgusting etc, but only if it's funny. This movie isn't... at all. I honestly didn't have a one genuine laugh watching this. There were some moments where I smiled, or even chuckled a little, but not one moment where I laughed out loud. It's almost painful to watch. The movie bounces from one scene to the next so sloppily, I wonder if they filmed this entire movie in less than a week. So dissapointed because the previews made the movie look good, or at least decent. This movie is neither.... it's terrible. Expand
  8. Jan 24, 2012
    This movie was really bad because of the kid actors not Hill. They could not really act even though I have seen records before. If they kept the real life problems out it would have been better. It was not that nasty and could have been more raunchy.

The Sitter feels slapdash and quick, but you might not want to have it any other way.
  2. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Dec 15, 2011
    For a comedy, The Sitter is frightfully spare on full-bodied laughs.
  3. Reviewed by: A. A. Dowd
    Dec 13, 2011
    After "Pineapple Express" and "Your Highness," is Green now contractually obligated to revive every dead comedic subgenre of the '80s? What's next, a stoner-friendly "License to Drive"?