The Smurfs

4.3

1. Aug 3, 2011
    I'm not sure making a smurf movie would be such a good idea, especially in 2011. If it was released back when the smurfs were popular, it would of worked out. I'm not saying that I hate them, on the contrary, I used to like the smurfs when I was a kid. I don't understand why they brought them back. It just ruins the reputation of the smurfs. The people who would be interested to see thisI'm not sure making a smurf movie would be such a good idea, especially in 2011. If it was released back when the smurfs were popular, it would of worked out. I'm not saying that I hate them, on the contrary, I used to like the smurfs when I was a kid. I don't understand why they brought them back. It just ruins the reputation of the smurfs. The people who would be interested to see this are little kids, which surprisingly makes a good family movie. It wasn't that bad. This got to be the movie that surprised me the most this year. Of course, there are some flaws. It has '' cheesy '' humor, the villain Gargamel (played by Hank Azaria) was stupid and has other '' cliche '' stuff that you would expect. This kind of entertainment is useless and annoying these days. Hollywood producers, directors or whatever, should stop making these type of movies. Also, has you probably already know, Katy Perry does the voice of Smurfette. She actually did a good job. But it starting to get on my nerves to see singers appearing in movies (it's okay if they can actually act), leave that to the actors. Anyway, I saw this movie with my little brother, and he liked it. So this movie may be enjoyable for kids, even I surprisingly thought it was better then I expected. At some points, I even managed to get entertained a bit. Expand
  2. Dec 17, 2011
    The smurfs had an incredible talented cast and voice cast, who give fantastic performances, but the childish humor is so childish it ruins it. Even if it does have some clever jokes here and there. I give this film a 58% of a good movie.
  3. Aug 31, 2011
    It's hard to screw up voice acting but the smurfs did it. This film's dialogue is garbage and so is the acting. However I did find the movie to be slightly entertaining because some of the humor was quite witty and smart. All in all the director failed but the screenwriter saved him.
  4. Jul 30, 2011
    this movie will do a decent home entertainment business. good theatrical opening assures that there will be a number of people who rent the dvd and watch it on television. also likely to have a decent international debut.
  5. Aug 23, 2011
    I liked the movie! he's nice to relive the days of the smurfs, I did not watch the drawing I only have 13 years had already heard and liked and I was pretty excited to watch the movie it is fun for children but more a short film to''family ''
  6. Sep 7, 2011
    I feel Hollywood stole my childhood ripped in open and filled it with promises of fame and glory, they have turned the Smurfs into little cam whores and mutilated a once great t.v show for kids beside they can never beat the best Smurf film ever........AVATAR (points for camera work, and effects)
  7. Nov 27, 2011
    The Smurfs first movie is enjoyable for the younger audiences, though most adults will think this is a complete waste of time. I got to give the film some credit that they at least tried to make this movie heartwarming and fun. The Smurfs universe looks awesome, though you only see it for less than 15 minutes, while everything else is in New York City. There were many useless scenes,The Smurfs first movie is enjoyable for the younger audiences, though most adults will think this is a complete waste of time. I got to give the film some credit that they at least tried to make this movie heartwarming and fun. The Smurfs universe looks awesome, though you only see it for less than 15 minutes, while everything else is in New York City. There were many useless scenes, really corny humour and the ending was all cut and paste that ended too quickly. The only thing I liked about The Smurfs was Gargamel (played by Hank Azaria) and Azrael (voiced by Frank Welker). Those two practically got me entertained than the rest of the cast, even though some dumb and repetitive jokes felt pretty forced from those villains. The Smurfs is a film I will definitely skip. It's bad, but not extremely terrible. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2013
    I was born 10 years after the TV show finished and I watched this movie knowing about Papa Smurf and Smurfette, but nothing else. There were a few parts that were strictly for people half my age, but I really enjoyed this, mostly for the fun of watching the animation. The Smurfs are all adorable, even Grouchy. They look pretty real, and really have spot-on voices, especially Katy Perry asI was born 10 years after the TV show finished and I watched this movie knowing about Papa Smurf and Smurfette, but nothing else. There were a few parts that were strictly for people half my age, but I really enjoyed this, mostly for the fun of watching the animation. The Smurfs are all adorable, even Grouchy. They look pretty real, and really have spot-on voices, especially Katy Perry as Smurfette. The story is familiar but I'd prefer it over an adventure with Gargamel as the only human. I also liked the 2 Scooby-Doo live action films dircted by Raja Gosmell, and I really think he really knows what the target audience wants in a cartoon adaptation. Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2014
    its been a while since i saw smurfs . here's what i half to see smurfs comedy is way bad but is kinda cute . how could children like this ?
    Grade C-
  10. Sep 9, 2015
    Horrible dumb movie with lame jokes that are so awful that children were not laughing at them!! kids laugh at everything! also the film took fun source material that is set in a magical land but instead chuck them in new york -_-
  11. Dec 23, 2015
    What remains of " The Smurfs " was only contempt critical of experts and audience , which is the reason for half the fun movie , but the other half lost rhythm , but excels in CGI Smurfs blue left but hatred.
  12. Sep 10, 2015
    It was all right. Really, the saving graces are Jonathan Winters and Hank Azaria's performances. The worst part is that song... It's played over and over and it gets REALLY annoying. Watch it if you like this sort of thing but if you can't tolerate tiny voices constantly singing "lalalalalala" then stay the smurfing smurf away from this.
  13. Jan 7, 2013
    Aunque no sea una gran pelicula visualmente es perfecta. Es divertido ver a los pitufos de toda la vida tan reales interaccionando con nuestra realidad. Bello el pueblo Pitufo. No desmerecen los personajes humanos. Y bien definidos los Pitufos elegidos.
  14. Sep 28, 2012
    The movie wasn't all that bad. but i think the story should have taken place in their own world. instead of new york. but what the h- smurf
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    The characters are very well done by computer, but what could have been a great movie, is a copy of 'Enchanted'.
  16. Jun 15, 2013
    Cool, fast and family, this is a summary of Smurfs.

A well made movie, but can not be considered a good movie, the effects of poor quality, the Smurfs were well produced, is a movie made for adults children 1980! There is a wonder, but the continuation will be well accepted.
  17. Mar 17, 2016
    This movie is not quite bad as i thought it was going to be however it's not a good family movie by any means. You can't help but feel bad for these actors because they tried so hard for this movie to be good. In fact it's like your given a lousy script but your acting is fairly well done they almost wanted to hide the horribleness of the script. Garagamel was way more evil than bumblingThis movie is not quite bad as i thought it was going to be however it's not a good family movie by any means. You can't help but feel bad for these actors because they tried so hard for this movie to be good. In fact it's like your given a lousy script but your acting is fairly well done they almost wanted to hide the horribleness of the script. Garagamel was way more evil than bumbling in this movie which i appreciate and neil patrick harris put on a fine performance and the actor voicing papa smurf was better than the rest of the voice cast for the smurfs. Kids will be delighted but adults will be less than thrilled. This movie is borderline mediocre. It's not horrible it's just not very good either. Expand
  18. May 6, 2016
    The smurfs is some kind of predictable, color and suspense-free and uses unremarkable characters with a boring sotry-telling for try to remake the classic infant series that used to entertain children in a great form, that now is vanished, apparently. But, at the end, it could offer a familiar message that some kinds of viewers would enjoy.

1. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Aug 2, 2011
    Gosnell directs as if every scene must be either a nauseating roller-coaster ride or a syrupy melodrama, resulting in a seesawing tone that's not stabilized by the presence of Neil Patrick Harris.
  2. Reviewed by: Amy Nicholson
    Jul 29, 2011
    Looking at the obnoxious TV ads for The Smurfs, it's easy to dismiss the film as a shrill, joyless exercise in special effects without substance. It's even easier after actually seeing it.
  3. Reviewed by: Keith Uhlich
    Jul 29, 2011
    Smurftastic! Now where's that noose?