7.9

1. Aug 16, 2010
    Im a huge fan of Spongebob, so you could imagine that i had high expectations for this movie. Well, i was not dissapointed!! I love this movie!! I saw it in theaters 5 times!! Great animation, hilarious script, great characters, good plot, and great cast! Gotta love the Hoff!!
  2. Feb 10, 2013
    Quirky silliness is what made the show so famous. Steven Hillenburg does nothing to settle down as he has put together a laughing riot for all ages. As the goofballs finally hit the big screen, it's a smile on everyone's faces.
  3. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Filme mediano,mas legal. Cheio de peculiaridades e misturando live-action e animações,fala do Rei que perde sua coroa e Bob e Patrick vão buscar ela,e Plankton destrói a Fenda do Bikini enquanto isso,mas Bob consegue salvar a cidade. É apresentável. Expand
  4. Oct 7, 2014
    This is such a fun animated movie. The story was fresh, the creatures looked awesome, the tone was darker than normal. It is a good animated movie. Also david hasslehoff was weird
  5. Aug 14, 2011
    Ever since the beginning I loved spongebob, but when I heard about this movie I thought they had done a little too much, i thought it would suck, honestly, though I'm obsessed with spongebob. I asked my parents to let me see it and the story line made me think that it would be bad again. When I watched it I was shocked by it, it was really good and I loved it. The original humor and theEver since the beginning I loved spongebob, but when I heard about this movie I thought they had done a little too much, i thought it would suck, honestly, though I'm obsessed with spongebob. I asked my parents to let me see it and the story line made me think that it would be bad again. When I watched it I was shocked by it, it was really good and I loved it. The original humor and the wide variety of new characters made me love it even more. I find it to be a great family movie, not just for kids, adults probably would enjoy it too. Expand
  6. May 25, 2012
    I am a big fan of SpongeBob but I'm very disappointed. The film is way too boring...the story is way too predictable... and the voice acting is way too cheesy. The TV series is way better than the movie..........
  7. Apr 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very entertainig movie, especially if you're a Spongebob Squarepants fan. While I felt the "kid becoming an adult" subplot was kinda flat, it's only a minor issue when you've got many funny scenes, especially the David Hasselhoff scenes! Expand
  8. Nov 30, 2010
    I love the tv series and i love the movie!

I reckon that this movie is fun for kids.

There are some really funny humor in it which made me laugh quite hard!

Pretty good
  9. Feb 9, 2011
    Well I admit, I love the show. But the directors could have done better. Still, it's ok and Spongebob fans & kids should would love this.
  10. May 21, 2011
    I love SpongeBob and it's a show that I never get tired of. The movie was funny, had a good story, and it's one that I can watch again and again. I highly recommend it to any SpongeBob fan, or anyone that likes cartoons in general.
  11. Apr 6, 2012
    A Classic movie of 2004 i love this movie i thought animated movies are too babyish, but this one get's the flying **** outta that class for sure. it's very enjoyable for self or family to watch. also has a solid unforgettful storyline.
  12. Mar 9, 2012
    It is incredibly funny. I love the story and the characters especially. Spongebob was already so funny but when I saw this movie, Spongebob pushed the humor to the limit. This movie lives up to the great Nickelodeon tv series that inspired it.
  13. Apr 16, 2012
    wow, a sponge-bob movie, i honestly expected it to suck, but i was presently surprised to see that it was actually funny, i normally don't like sponge-bob, but this was a strange exception
  14. Jul 14, 2012
    Its not as good as the TV show, but I think that it was time for SpongeBob to make an appearance on the big screen and it was handled beautifully in this movie. Really does justice to one of my favorite shows of all time.
  15. Apr 20, 2014
    Ah I remember this! Sure, back then it seemed really funny to me... Now I realize that this is the reason of the downfall of SpongeBob. It's mildly entertaining. But this movie could have been so much better. I mean, it's SpongeBob! Shame. 5/10
  16. Sep 21, 2012
    along with the simpsons movie this is the BESt animated movie ever................................ALONG WITH THE SIMPSONS MOVIE...ALONG..REMEMBER.....
  17. Mar 24, 2013
    A wonderful story line transports viewers into the whimsical world of Spongebob Squarepants; the hero of this brilliant film.
  18. Apr 28, 2013
    I always watched Spongebob even before there was this movie. I enjoyed watching the tv show and I definitely enjoyed watching this movie. The movie is just like watching the tv show. It has those moments that are some-what used in the tv show. But watching it on the big screen was a good change. As far as the storyline goes, its definitely adventurous. But sometimes the added humor in theI always watched Spongebob even before there was this movie. I enjoyed watching the tv show and I definitely enjoyed watching this movie. The movie is just like watching the tv show. It has those moments that are some-what used in the tv show. But watching it on the big screen was a good change. As far as the storyline goes, its definitely adventurous. But sometimes the added humor in the storyline is too stupid and unessacary. Yet once the adventure begins, then the fun begins. Overall, it's a great adaptation from the beloved tv show. Expand
  19. Sep 15, 2013
    This movie brings me back good times good times. This movie is really awesome to watch but can get boring if you watch it to much so don't over watch it other than that damn! This was one of my favorites as a kid.
  20. Aug 1, 2014
    When it first came out, I loved it, having grown up on Spongebob. After rewatching it a decade later, it wasn;t nearly half as good as the television series was at the time. It is a bit excessive, and incomplete, but is filled with enough hair-brained, slapstick humor that I can't resist laughing. Spongebob fans should enjoy it, whether they like their episodes subtle or silly. It's a good movie.
  21. Apr 22, 2014
    The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, like all cartoons turned into movies, is a little bit less fulfilling than the show. In this movie, the animators and storyboard people try to add elements of different mediums and extra filling to make the whole pie taste better. Well, in that sense, the movie is half-baked. SpongeBob SquarePants: great cartoon. SpongeBob SquarePants movie: only okay. AndThe SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, like all cartoons turned into movies, is a little bit less fulfilling than the show. In this movie, the animators and storyboard people try to add elements of different mediums and extra filling to make the whole pie taste better. Well, in that sense, the movie is half-baked. SpongeBob SquarePants: great cartoon. SpongeBob SquarePants movie: only okay. And adding David Hasselhoff does not make a movie better, people! Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2013
    SpongeBob soaks up the laughs.
    Based on the kids television show, The SpongeBob SquarePants movie reaches its target audience with good laughs and a solid adventure.
  23. Mar 9, 2015
    This is THE best animated film based on a TV series. It's everything Spongebob fans could hope for, with wild, zany animation, delightfully cheery voice acting, hilariously disturbing scenes (i.e. Patrick's melting face), and and a wild plot that actually works and builds suspense towards the end, which is rare for animated films. Every character is perfectly characterised; Plankton isThis is THE best animated film based on a TV series. It's everything Spongebob fans could hope for, with wild, zany animation, delightfully cheery voice acting, hilariously disturbing scenes (i.e. Patrick's melting face), and and a wild plot that actually works and builds suspense towards the end, which is rare for animated films. Every character is perfectly characterised; Plankton is evil (even more so in this film, which makes it even better), Patrick is the lovable oaf as characterised in the early seasons, Spongebob is naive and an animated hero who is so fun here that you actually root for him, etc. The film's emotional scene towards the end is probably one of the best scenes in the film, and one in which the theme is made perfectly clear: Even if you're seen in a negative light by others, you can still do wonders when you commit yourself to achieving a goal. The song by Ween called "Ocean Man" is a perfect fit for the ending credits; it always fills you with a sense of joy when it starts playing. The Spongebob Squarepants Movie is the perfect ending to the pre-movie episodes, which is what I consider to be the real series. Everything after is a bad fan-fiction. 10/10. Expand
  24. Mar 12, 2014
    The smiling yellow, fry cook sponge in his first ever movie is like the show (Occasionally funny) most of the time. Only in the movie It's combined with adventure and musical and made into a good family film meant to be enjoyed by anyone and everyone.
  25. Mar 11, 2014
    i always love i watch his show everyday and it never gets old well sometimes . i love this movie but i gonna love the sequel more . the sequel has new secrets and spongebob and patrick are back and they have new comedy that we have not seen in 2015 yet
  26. Oct 13, 2014
    A really funny and exciting movie that really captures the deep blue sea. The best part about this movie is about the adventure that Sponge bob and Patrick take to get back King Neptune's crown. A really good movie for the family.

1. The result is an animated adventure that's funnier than "Shark Tale" and more charming than "The Polar Express."
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Possesses charm, as well as visual and musical appeal, on the bigscreen. But as with many short-form TV entities when sextupled in length, "SpongeBob" proves more palatable as scrumptious fast food than full-scale repast.
    It's all innocuous, forgettable fun, but it's firmly aimed at those who find underwear endlessly funny.