6.8

1. Jun 8, 2012
    I absolutely loved this movie. I had it on the backburner for about a year and wish I never had. The cinematography was beautifully framed, the acting was superb and the music set the perfect ambience. I like a good original story myself but people need to get over the fact this film isnt mind blowingly original. The second to last scene in the film was very new to me, little twistsI absolutely loved this movie. I had it on the backburner for about a year and wish I never had. The cinematography was beautifully framed, the acting was superb and the music set the perfect ambience. I like a good original story myself but people need to get over the fact this film isnt mind blowingly original. The second to last scene in the film was very new to me, little twists scattered throughout made the whole thing feel fresh. I will definately watch it again with some friends. Btw, metacritic, your mobile website sucks, it won't let me change the rating to either zero or ten. Expand
  2. May 24, 2011
    Yeah its ok to watch but there are far too many twists and turns. For a couple of times i thought i had missed some parts but it was all part of the 'intrigue' ; its overly complicates itself as if they did not have enough faith in the original script.
  3. Sep 26, 2010
    Not a bad DVD; but sort of the same old type of affair-gone-wrong formula but with Aussie accents. Also, gives the watcher a bit of a look at life in Australia. Definitely worth a watch.

1. A well-made and entertaining descent into a black-comic hell.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Kuipers
    A tasty neo-noir from the James M. Cain school of lust-driven dirty dealings, The Square reps a promising debut by Aussie stuntman-turned-helmer Nash Edgerton.
  3. This Down Under noir confuses incoherent body pileups with "twists."