7.3

1. Jun 8, 2012
    this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review. this is a review.
  2. Mar 22, 2011
    The mother is totally fake, Jeff Daniels looks like he is not sure if this is supposed to be a comedy or something more serious. What a bore of a movie..I fell asleep after five minutes, so at least I got a good nap out of it. When it is clear from the get go that both parents are headcases, you can be sure that you are in for 90 minutes of agony. It evades me how this flick gets the rave reviews it did. I am going to pick up my video camera this afternoon and shoot random stuff, ask random people random questions, and you can be sure it's going to be a lot more interesting than this... Expand

Tender, cruel, and very funny, Baumbach's fourth feature turns family history into a sort of urban myth.
    Baumbach crams an impressive amount of characterization and humor into 82 minutes.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Pic makes up in strong performances and wry observation what it sometimes lacks in narrative drive. Result is a perceptive (and unexpectedly moving) portrait of lives in crisis.