8.1

1. May 6, 2014
    So these people just follow a midget around for an hour and a half...The midget is boring, but so are the people who have been following the midget around. They share their boring lives with each other as friendships manifest itself in the most natural of ways...boring life stuff happens, and that's the end.
  2. Jul 28, 2013
    Amusing and at the same time gripping The Station Agent is a great film. Tied together with fantastic performances by Cannavale and Dinklage you can't help but love the trio of friends that develop and you can't wait to see how everything plays out. This film is certainly different which makes it so unique and it seems very realistic which is something that many movies lack.
  3. Jul 5, 2012
    I hadn't heard of this film till it came up as a suggestion on Netflix and I'm glad it did. A beautifully crafted, multi award winning film from the extremely talented writer/actor/director Thomas McCarthy. A man with achondroplasia, a form of dwarfism, inherits a train station when his only friend dies. He moves there to find solitude. Instead he meets a number of people at his new town, all with their own problems. A story about characters and peoples relationships, quietly underplayed by an excellent ensemble cast. If you need to have a car chase, explosion or fight every ten minutes, the chances are you'll hate this with a passion. The rest of us will have our faith in the art of simple storytelling reborn and satiated Expand
  4. May 29, 2012
    If he wanted to be left alone - in his boring world. Then why should the viewer be interested? I must say that this is the most boring movie I have ever had to sit through. Who cares about this character and why do I want to know more about him if his world is so small that he only wants to watch trains go by. The acting was bad, the plot non-existent. Total Crap !
  5. Apr 13, 2012
    A great movie with some interesting view points on life concerning certain types of people.
    Abit slow at times, but it is indeed a sweet sensitive story among three people who shouldn't actually be going well together. The main character had something that reminded me of myself, which I found interesting. Overall a good movie, but action cravers, stay away from this one! You won't find
    any of that in this movie. Expand

Tom McCarthy’s film is never more than small, and that’s how it should be. It is about treasuring life -– sometimes even cheating death -– and it manages to warm hearts in its own uncompromising way, rarely cheating and never belittling.
  2. Reviewed by: Duane Byrge
    Wonderfully understated, Station Agent is a masterful film and a bracing movie experience. Its power is in large part because of the performers, most prominently Dinklage as the solitary dwarf.
    The three actors could not be better. Huge feelings are packed into this small, fragile movie. It's something special.