5.6

1. Jennifer
    Oct 24, 2009
    What a rush!!!!! Ths movie was so good! I was jumping out of my seat. The buildup to each suspensful moment is perfect. By now, I think we have seen it all as far as predictable plots but this movies does a very good job of surprising you despite having a pretty good idea about what is going on. I give it a 9 because this movie was a thrill ride. Really got my blood pumping for what I What a rush!!!!! Ths movie was so good! I was jumping out of my seat. The buildup to each suspensful moment is perfect. By now, I think we have seen it all as far as predictable plots but this movies does a very good job of surprising you despite having a pretty good idea about what is going on. I give it a 9 because this movie was a thrill ride. Really got my blood pumping for what I thought was going to be another okay movie on a dull Friday night. Definitely worth the $10 bucks. Collapse
  2. rickym
    Oct 19, 2009
    The Stepfather is freakin awesome! this movie is a thrill a minute suspense ride from the opening scene up to the final one Dylan Walsh is amazing.

1. This remake turns a fondly remembered horror/thriller into a mild and tedious suspense film.
    Walsh is just a dumb bully who can’t see more than one or two steps ahead. He’s doomed to generic slasher villainy, and the film thoughtlessly obliges.
  3. The trouble with the movie, apart from its rather monotonous dourness of tone, is that everyone in the family, especially the reformed-delinquent high school son (Penn Badgley), comes off as tougher, smarter, and quicker on the draw than the stepfather who's supposed to be outfoxing them.