3.6

1. Tania
    Jun 14, 2004
    I thought it was a cute movie. I am not sure why it is rated so low. It was entertaining and fun to watch. I would recommend it.
  2. joes.
    Oct 25, 2005
    My favorite movie.
  3. TonyP.
    Jun 17, 2004
    Great play off the orginal. Loved the ending.
  4. LuisD.
    Jun 10, 2004
    The style is great and i love walken, midler and the always perfect kidman!!! its all about the homage.
  5. DavidS.
    Jun 12, 2004
    I thought this was really fun and entertaining. The tone of the film was perfect and even though the logic in it is lacking, that didn't stop me from getting into the surrealistic goofiness of the story. Also, it was beautifully photographed.

1. At no time do the men -- that is, the straight ones -- believably hold the upper hand. In the new town of Stepford, there's no bitterness, no struggle, no competition, none of the scars of the sexual revolution. There's just gay apparel.
    Contrary to recent rumors that it was a dud, the new Stepford Wives, with its chocolate-box visual style, archly heavy-handed foreshadowing and its scene-for-scene parody of the original's fright strategies (Walken's waxy menace is once again played for laughs), is a gas.
  3. Because the entire audience knows what's going on, the filmmakers hope to distract viewers from storytelling weaknesses with an urgent sense of style.