The Tale of Despereaux

6.7

1. MikeC
    May 5, 2009
    Maybe this movie simply suffers in comparison to a virtuosic film like Ratatouille? My family found it to be a great sweet story, well-animated, with none of these bullsh*t, Brooklyn-accented wiseacres that plague lesser animated films. A fine, quality entertainment.
  2. ArtG
    Jan 1, 2009
    I was inspired by the visuals, enthrawled by the meathod of story telling, and encouraged by the unapologetic moral themes. Plus my 9 year old was entertained!
  3. ParentofThree
    Mar 15, 2009
    I must have missed something. My wife and I took our 3 kids to this movie (7, 5 and 3) and we ALL loved it! It is multi-layered, requires some thought and attention and is a very enjoyable movie! A few scary parts? Yes, but my kids got passed that quickly. They enjoyed the dreamy sequences of the story, the drama and, especially, the chivalry of Despereaux. A real treat!
  4. ChristianC
    Mar 20, 2009
    People telling been scared because of this movie, they're as coward as the mice in it. This movie is about honor, bravery and not to give up, even in the worst situations. A very nice movie.
  5. RobertI.
    Dec 26, 2008
    Sweet and sweetly made.
  6. AdamB
    Apr 17, 2009
    Great Movie! So cute. Great Music. Very original.
  7. Adams
    Dec 23, 2008
    I almost didn't take my newly 5 year old son to see this based on the reviews I read here. I am glad I didn't take heed. Both my son and I really, really enjoyed it. He was engrossed the whole time and only once asked where Despereaux was. I laughed out loud quite a few times and thought it was truly good. It was beautifully animated and the story was great too. It actually I almost didn't take my newly 5 year old son to see this based on the reviews I read here. I am glad I didn't take heed. Both my son and I really, really enjoyed it. He was engrossed the whole time and only once asked where Despereaux was. I laughed out loud quite a few times and thought it was truly good. It was beautifully animated and the story was great too. It actually reminded me of seeing a story book come to life. Go see this. Finally to all of the "professional" reviewers out there; please don't review a movie based on what you think a child's mind or attention span can handle. If children can handle Wall-E then they can handle Despereaux. Unfairly underrated. Expand
  8. ChadO
    Dec 31, 2008
    Very good movie.
  9. Feb 11, 2016
    It has such an amazing story to it that everyone can learn from, but at the same time amazing voice cast.

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-693-The-Tale-of-Despereaux-online-free

1. The flatly generic results certainly appear at odds with the picture's stirring visual style, which pays homage to the great Flemish artists.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    This graphically well-rendered kidpic is less crass and mouthy than many recent feature-length toons, but also more sluggish and ungainly as it tries to approximate DiCamillo's singularly delicate tone.
    While it meanders on its way to the requisite happy ending, the lush, stylised animation and courtly flourishes would win over anyone.