The Ten

6.8

1. JP
    Aug 8, 2007
    Hey, Blanco A. I could tell you that this movie is, "typical comedy pap that Hollywood Studios churns out like drones." I mean, really, you're not getting your comedy needs satiated at the Film Forum? Good God, you're such a philistine. I really pity you. The bottom line here is that if you like a movie then make an argument to convince us. Don't resort to the facile Hey, Blanco A. I could tell you that this movie is, "typical comedy pap that Hollywood Studios churns out like drones." I mean, really, you're not getting your comedy needs satiated at the Film Forum? Good God, you're such a philistine. I really pity you. The bottom line here is that if you like a movie then make an argument to convince us. Don't resort to the facile argument that it's art simply because it's more "alterna" than You, Me and Dupree. That doesn't cut it. Sorry. Expand
  2. C.B.
    Aug 18, 2007
    I'm a huge fan of David Wain and the whole STATE crew, but this film was disappointing. There are many laughs, but the movie just doesn't hold together...

1. Reviewed by: Mark Bell
    Let's talk about Paul Rudd. I think he may be in every film in 2007 and that's okay by me, because Paul Rudd has become an acting Man-God.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Second feature from duo David Wain and Ken Marino of comedy group the State is, like their "Wet Hot American Summer," uneven but often hilarious.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    More often than not, you'll laugh, and that's all you can hope for in what might as well be a prolonged episode of "The State," from which several of the cast and creators sprang.