7.9

1. Sep 23, 2011
    I don't quite get the 'artistically' brutal gore & blood, but what makes the movie worth watching is the last 15 minutes.
  2. j30
    Nov 9, 2011
    An essential horror classic. A very disturbing slasher film that can't be ignored or forgotten.
  3. Sep 13, 2011
    Best horror movie ever. Period. Even hooper himself cant come close to this extremely bright flash in the pan. gunnar hansen's performance is pitch perfect. its extremely easy to screw up leatherface as the sequels showed. also an extremely disturbing ending. halloween cant touch it with a javelin. friday the 13th...lets not go there shall we?
  4. Jul 1, 2013
    I quite enjoyed the 2003 remake and the two prequels that followed afterwards so I kind of wanted to go back to where it all began and see what the original was like. Considering it's mid 70's I still managed to enjoy it and can see how effective this would have been back then, perhaps not so much now but still its a very well done Horror film, and was probably the first of its kind back then. All things considered its not a great film, but I'll give it props for still making me jump! Expand
  5. Apr 1, 2013
    it was alright in terms of horror it was creepy and unerving but the movie started out boring and things only started getting good in the last 20-30 minutes of the movie. It was good i can see why people like it but i didnt find it the best but i will admit the leatherface in this creeped the hell out of me
  6. Feb 15, 2014
    Hooper directs a powerful story about a serial killer and a group of people that eventually are terrorized by it. I was scared, I was shocked and even more impressed. This movie is a true piece of cinema that one can not just ignore, but feel the impulse to watch, and enjoy the elements of a horror film unfold before the eyes.
  7. May 5, 2014
    I was watching Hooper's Classic movie Texas chain saw . I was just grossed when i saw the film, not only is it sick , gross , distrubing Its Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! . " Hopper's Chain saw massacre is the new horror movie but amazing ". Grade A+

1. Reviewed by: Chris Parcellin
    A black-humored, unflinching look at the Ugly American at his psychotic worst. And Tobe Hooper is at his best as a writer and director here.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    An intelligent, absorbing, and deeply disturbing horror film that is nearly bloodless in its depiction of violence. Using the age-old technique of suggestion, combined with a gritty, well-executed (no pun intended) visual style, the film seems much bloodier than it actually is.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Emery
    Hooper's vision is horrid yet engrossing... But the worst part about this vision is that despite its sensational aspects, it never seems too far from what could be the truth.