Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: April 13, 2012
5.9
Mixed or average reviews based on 113 Ratings
WATCH NOW
TimeOfTheChimpsJan 23, 2014
This movie is so stupid. It makes me want to put my face in a blender and pour citric acid into my eyes. Thanks for a parody, Twentieth! Now step it up and make a real Stooges film.
JamesClarkFeb 16, 2013
To start I'm James. I'm 27 and I can remember some of my earliest memories being that of the 3 stooges slapping and poking each other silly. I absolutely love each and every short that was made. I own all of them and even have many pieces ofTo start I'm James. I'm 27 and I can remember some of my earliest memories being that of the 3 stooges slapping and poking each other silly. I absolutely love each and every short that was made. I own all of them and even have many pieces of stooge memorabillia. I recently just returned from the middle east where I was sent when I joined the M.C. When I returned I was delighted to hear about a tribute being made of the stooges by the Farrelly brothers. I went and saw the movie with my fiancee, who is also and avid stooge fan, and 30 minutes into the movie we left. Why? This series of short tributes was a travesty to say the least. I have been shot and hit by pieces of shrapnel and didn't shed a tear. This tragic farce of a film actually made me so angry that I cried knowing that the real stooges would never have written such a despicable film and that people would actually have the to allow this trash to even go to script. In closing this film is the next worst thing next to the extermination of the Jewish people during the holocaust and if Peter and Bobby Farrelly had any sense they would erase any idea of making more of these short films. They are an insult to stooge fans everywhere. Expand
FinfidMay 15, 2012
An abomination? Is that the word? Costumes, makeup, and the actors in general. How about the shameless marketing? This has to be someone's misguided attempt and making money off an American Icon. Shameful works too.
Knicksfan7Apr 13, 2012
I never was a 3 stooges fan so i did not enjoy this movie at all. I only saw it because my friend and i were bored and the only movie available at the time was this one. Thank god i work for Regal and i get in for free because this movie wasI never was a 3 stooges fan so i did not enjoy this movie at all. I only saw it because my friend and i were bored and the only movie available at the time was this one. Thank god i work for Regal and i get in for free because this movie was the dumbest thing i've ever wasted an hour and a half of my life on. It was the definition of stupidity. I could even tell this wasn't like the original three stooges which i rarely watched. Its just like what FDT44 said, it was more like a tribute rather than a remake. This movie was just horrible, maybe if your a big three stooges fan you MIGHT enjoy this movie, but otherwise, stay away, at all costs. 2/10 Expand
FDT44Apr 13, 2012
Playing out more like a tribute than an originally-drawn twist on a classic, 'Stooges' is an imitation piece that fails to offer anything new and germane to modern times; its material, embarrassingly camp and derivative, feels too overlyPlaying out more like a tribute than an originally-drawn twist on a classic, 'Stooges' is an imitation piece that fails to offer anything new and germane to modern times; its material, embarrassingly camp and derivative, feels too overly forced and enervating to connect audiences with humor outdated some 80-odd years. Though the "Big-3" (Hayes, Sasso, and Diamantopoulos) turn in first rate impersonations, carrying out the same aching eye-pokes, excruciating hair pulls, bone-crushing skull slaps, and nasty knuckle sandwiches, not to mention the familiar dissonant squabbling and airy mindlessness, they don't even bother to deviate from just that: impersonations; the characters have no intention to extend themselves beyond a 'Mad-TV'-esque imitation-comedy-skit--offering little else than ephemerally visible-but-not-felt- smiles, followed by long-lasting regret and discontent. And, adding to the feeling are cheap laughs, underdeveloped cameo appearances from modern "characters" ('Jersey Shore' cast members among them), cheap and flatly-shot scenes, desultorily unapt classic-rock scores, as well as reproachably classless, and dismal attempts to appeal to contemporary audiences--breast and bathroom jokes with references to drug use--all of which disceptively slide past the approbated PG-rating. Did the fillmmakers fail to realize their forbear was clean? Ultimately, the Farrelly brothers, regardless of their own inspirations, don't create anything inspiring--they create a travesty--and participate in an exercise of fully-fledged defaming. It's "Soitenly" despicable. Expand
ReubenIsAGodFeb 17, 2014
God awful film full of annoying characters that i dont even know, stupid plot, **** beyond terrible acting and some of the most unfunny humor i have ever seen besides that **** ass film jack and jill, Id rather hang myself then watch this **** again
SeriosityNov 26, 2012
Sometimes the slapstick and sight gags are enjoyable, but as a whole it is just so unbelievably irritating and completely unnecessary. A bad tribute. Ugh.
BrianMcCriticApr 30, 2013
I was never a big three stooges fan, but after watching this movie I have more respect for the original stooges. I hated this movie one of the worst of 2012.
KooledudApr 6, 2015
Now i love the old show the three stooges, but the movie was a joke. The rude humor was weaker than the last, and that is one of my issues. i mean, come on! The three stooges is sapost to FUNNY! The second issue was the story, the story didNow i love the old show the three stooges, but the movie was a joke. The rude humor was weaker than the last, and that is one of my issues. i mean, come on! The three stooges is sapost to FUNNY! The second issue was the story, the story did not fit with the Three Stooges theme. The next one is the characters, the characters was nothing like the old show. And the last issue is the acting, the acting was very week and awful.

All this RUINED The Three Stooges series for me, and i mean RUINED! I was very disapointed that this good show was ruined by this piece of crap. Avoid at ones!! 2/10!