6.9

1. Sep 26, 2013
    This movie was terrible in comparison to the book. The book was so much more romantic. They cut the best parts out of the story, in regards to the movie. The details were all off also, especially about the daughter and the way she was supposed to look like... Urgh what a disappointment.
  2. Aug 25, 2012
    I do not normally like soppy films but this one had an interesting premise to it and actually posed some extremely fascinating morale dilemmas. I enjoyed Eric Bana's performance while Rachel McAdams gave a decent account of herself.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Considering I rented this film more for my wife than for myself, ironically it was I that enjoyed this film more. My wife had a relatively fair criticism that this film is a little trite. However I would add that it has a certain charm because of this, and it is trite at the beginning of the film, and much less so by the end. Personally the first reason I enjoyed this film was that the two main characters actually do have a believable chemistry. Too often I have watched (Hollywood) films in which the lead couple have absolutory zero believability as a couple. Secondly, this film definitely throws you into the story straight away, hooking me with the central premise of a boy (and then a man) time travelling who cannot control what happens to him.

Third. I have now actually seen a film in which I liked Eric Bana. To be honest I thought he was a bit crappy until this, but he plays the role well, especially with the potential of some of the material to be somewhat paedophilic (let your mind boggle, and I hope that isnâ
  4. Dec 18, 2010
    Though it does not quite live up to the book, The Time Traveller's Wife is a heartfelt and emotional movie. Sadly lacking the feeling of Henry and Clare's deep relationship that the book conveys it is still a brilliant movie. Those parts that were missed did not leave gaping holes in the plot. It is an incredibly moving film and unless you have a heart of stone you will be crying your eyes out the whole way through. Collapse

1. German-born director Robert Schwentke ("Flightplan") keep things moving briskly enough so that the leaps in time mostly obscure the leaps in logic.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    May not make a lick of sense, but it does make for fairly irresistible nonsense.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    Will disappoint anyone looking for transport from a movie--being a time traveler's wife, it turns out, is mostly a drag.