5.6

1. Jul 29, 2013
    Aubrey Plaza plays an over-achieving HS senior, who sets out to learn all about sex during the summer before college. If this sounds familiar, it's been done many times with guys, so the unoriginal twist is girls! There's every effort to be as verbally crude (sex talk) and visually gross (bodily fluids) as possible, but none of it's very funny. Bill Hader provides the only true comic sensibility, while everyone else is just there (and about 10 years too old for their roles). The early 90s references are enjoyable, but so are a few noticeable anachronisms. There's a good-spirited energy that keeps it from being too dull, but nothing about the writing or performances is especially original or amusing. Expand
  2. Jul 27, 2013
    If you want to see a good summertime coming-of-age movie, don't bother with this one. Instead you should see "The Way Way Back" with Steve Carell and Allison Janney, or watch the DVD of "Adventureland" with Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart. "The To Do List" has way too much bathroom humor. It relies on unfunny stuff like vomit and feces and juvenile sex stuff, which becomes boring after awhile. There's nothing original or entertaining about this movie, despite the best efforts of a good cast. It's a waste of good talent. Expand
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    Stupid teenage crap. Who in their right mind can honestly say that this was a good movie. It is all about sex sex sex. Is there anything else that haunts these stupid teenager's minds.?
  4. Jun 16, 2014
    If there is one thing I learned from sex comedies is that they’re **** terrible. The characters are so one dimensional, stereotypical, stupid and annoying. There is no character I even liked. Not even Audrey Plaza’s great performance as Brandy could even make this up. The humor had its moments but it’s very bad, awkward and awful. Story-wise is okay. The concept could have been better because the concept made me interested watching this movie in the first place other than Audrey Plaza.

And the sex scenes are so uncomfortable to watch. It’s not even funny nor erotic at all. This is bad.

I can’t believe an a-list cast would even be in this terrible movie. This movie just gave me a bad taste in my mouth. Gladly, there is no bad after-taste afterwards.

If you’re into American Pie and **** then go watch it but I suggest you shouldn’t. Let me forget this movie already!
  5. Aug 5, 2013
    Now I have to say that I had high hopes for this movie with all the name that we all love and I'm not going to take the time to list here we all have better thing to do right now. With that said I did have a few problems with this and the biggest was not the movie fault if I want to do this the best I can. First the joke never felt like there like they played out the way they did in a writers room some where which is sad cause as I sat there I wanted to see them in the writers room that would have been funnier and I don't want to think that when I looking at the finished product Collapse
  6. Dec 28, 2013
    There are a few big laughs, but the movie's tone is all over the place, and I just couldn't bring myself to root for Aubrey Plaza's unlikeable character.

1. Reviewed by: Emma Dibdin
    Oct 5, 2013
    There are moments of sweetness and spontaneity with her BFFs (Alia Shawkat, Sarah Steele) but not enough to fill the hole where the film’s soul should be.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Oct 5, 2013
    A few laughs.
  3. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Oct 4, 2013
    Maggie Carey, the writer and director, has plenty to say about life on the cusp of womanhood, but never quite works out a way to make her points without getting her characters to recite them verbatim.