9.0

1. Jun 12, 2011
    This movie was clearly just the work of a director who thought he was better then he really is. The editing was just annoying, trying to be artsy and new but just ended up giving me a headache. Ellen Page is a far better actress then tis movie makes her out to be and I feel that again that falls on the director. If I hadn't seen other works by Ellen Page I would have put this on her. TheThis movie was clearly just the work of a director who thought he was better then he really is. The editing was just annoying, trying to be artsy and new but just ended up giving me a headache. Ellen Page is a far better actress then tis movie makes her out to be and I feel that again that falls on the director. If I hadn't seen other works by Ellen Page I would have put this on her. The fragmented scenes and the choppy story-line where clever at first but quickly made the movie confusing and weird. There were also a bunch of scenes that were not needed in the least and where obviously there for nothing more then padding. Please read some of my other reviews at http://moviegrabbag.blogspot.com/ Expand

1. Reviewed by: Russell Edwards
    Page is generally commanding as the self-pitying teenager, but there are several moments when, let down by the text, the young thesp obviously does not believe what she is saying.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    Beyond its overarching aesthetic, The Tracey Fragments co-stars Toronto rockabilly punk Slim Twig as a Tim Burton caricature of Pretty in Pink’s Duckie and boasts a score by Broken Social Scene; it would all swagger dangerously close into hipster-trash territory if not for Page's pathos and wit, honest to blog.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    Even though the screen is often divided into a Mondrian-like grid, each individual box containing its own discreet moving image, McDonald's film is surprisingly fluid and easy to follow.