7.9

1. Nov 18, 2012
    There was little communication of warmth between mother and son. The son barely acknowledged her existence. Missing that emotional connection, I just couldn't fully connect to the film despite its great production levels
  2. Feb 17, 2013
    I didn't enjoy it. Not for a single second. Extremely depressing and confusing! I can not say if it is overrated or not (maybe i'm missing something about this movie, maybe i'm not) but with all my sincerity, i must admit i didn't like it.
  3. RichardG.
    May 27, 2004
    Bizarre animation that provides little effect.
  4. StephenD.
    Jul 18, 2004
    The animation was very good, but the story is pretentious and boring. There is no dialogue, and the ending didn't make sense. This movie is not nearly as good as the critics would have you believe.
  5. DavidK.
    Jul 8, 2005
    Uh, it's strange, for sure. Just don't take the little kids. Especially if they like frogs.
  6. RobF.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Superbly inventive animation and sound, but relentlessly grim, lacking even a single character for the audience to connect with. Bruno the dog felt uncannily real, but only through his bad habits. All the charicatures (that's not a typo) have stomach-churning habits and zombie-like expressions. If that sounds like your idea of fun, have at it.
  7. KathleenS.
    Jan 4, 2005
    Triplets was oddly cold. There was no communication of warmth between mother and son. The son barely acknowledged her existence. Missing that emotional connection, I just couldn't love the film despite its great artistry, production and music.
  8. JeremyE.
    Apr 18, 2006
    This is the weirdest, quirkiest, and most pointless film of the year. It's imaginative and would make a great book, but as for a movie... I'll just be straight up, this movie was too weird for me to like. Others may like it though
    May 15, 2005
    Great animation but slow story.

It's comic, touching and a visual knockout.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Triplettes is terrific…there's no competition for the fall's most imaginative delight. In that race, Triplettes can already take its victory lap.
  3. Children may enjoy it, aside from the youngest, who might find it too weird for comfort. Its main audience is adults, though. And not just any adults, but those in the mood for venturesome fare that's both surreal and hilarious.