tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Lyn
    Jul 7, 2014
    This is sort of a poor man's "Before Midnight." Our couple is past the dewy meeting of the "Before Sunrise" phase and the winsome revelations of the "Before Sunset" phase and actually past the edge-of-disaster "Before Midnight" phase. They've already split and yet there's still a lot to come to grips with. Oh -- and they're not Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, which is a bit of a problem ifThis is sort of a poor man's "Before Midnight." Our couple is past the dewy meeting of the "Before Sunrise" phase and the winsome revelations of the "Before Sunset" phase and actually past the edge-of-disaster "Before Midnight" phase. They've already split and yet there's still a lot to come to grips with. Oh -- and they're not Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, which is a bit of a problem if you love those other talkathon films. Shea and Thompson have chemistry, but some scenes seemed awkwardly soap opera-ish. (Virtually NO one plays "drunk" well. I wonder why this is.) Yet as they grapple with the fact that "it wasn't the marriage that was irreversible; it was the divorce," they cover some ground a lot of people will relate to. At one point Shea says in frustration that it can drive you crazy to contemplate all the decisions and alternatives you faced in the past, knowing every alternative could have made your life substantially different. But most of us DO contemplate that, for better or worse. Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2012
    FAKE. That is 4-letter "F" word that describes the movie. I wonder why it gets high critic score.
    While I was watching it I felt that actors were repeating someone else's words making faces in the process.
    Sometimes a sentence would require time to process an answer but the answer followed faster than the previous one ended. If a movie like this is nothing but talk (which I don't mind)
    If a movie like this is nothing but talk (which I don't mind) it should be done masterfully. This movie is not...

1. Reviewed by: Roger Ebert
    Jan 9, 2013
    Part of the greatness of this film is that it not only avoids any simple answers, but it also takes us into the awkward contradictions and internal dishonesties that help us look at the mirror each day.
  2. Reviewed by: Gary Goldstein
    Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks to the residual love and attraction between the pair, this cocktail-fueled reunion never descends into a "Virginia Woolf"-like grudge match but, rather, remains an equitable, tender, sometimes surprising game of hard truth-telling.
  3. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Sep 13, 2012
    Thompson and Shea both dig into their intelligent, flawed characters with zeal.