7.5

1. Jun 20, 2014
    This film is absolute bollocks. It destroyed my brain with the stupid story line. I have to admit, it intrigued me at first, but as soon as I understood the plot i felt like shoving two heroin needles in both of my eyes. I snapped my DVD after i realised the plot because it **** wasted my time with the rest of the film. It told you the plot half way through the film and then wastes yourThis film is absolute bollocks. It destroyed my brain with the stupid story line. I have to admit, it intrigued me at first, but as soon as I understood the plot i felt like shoving two heroin needles in both of my eyes. I snapped my DVD after i realised the plot because it **** wasted my time with the rest of the film. It told you the plot half way through the film and then wastes your time with the other half of the film with the same **** over and over again. **** this film hard in the disk hole, piece of **** film 11/18 Expand
  2. JaredB.
    Jan 15, 2007
    This film, in my opinion, was nothing more than a steaming pile of garbage. Jim Carrey should have stuck to what he does best, and that is, of course, comedy. He simply doesn't work as a dramatic actor. The rest of the cast sucks, too. The only thing that saves this from being a total disaster is Peter Weir's directing ability. But, even he was hampered by the terrible script.
  3. ManveerR.
    Feb 24, 2006
    An absolute bore, sure the performances were goodbut the movie just dragged on.
  4. JohnP.
    Jul 26, 2008
    An excruciatingly empty film with the most annoying characters, script and pace, surely making this movie one of the worst I've ever endured. The more simplistic a movie gets, the greater it's general acclaim? Must be... Should be listed under 'Horror'.
  5. Jan 1, 2011
    Well the movie was boring. I thought it would be good but I was disappointed. Carrey should just stick to what he does best, comedy.
  6. Nov 28, 2013
    I've always been a fan of Jim Carrey's movies since i can remember,
    and the Truman show is critically acclaimed which i should like automatically right, NOPE.
    i admire that the story is creative and coming from high imagination but the problem with a high imagined movie is the end, because with your imagination you can create a perfect movie world with perfect events, but the hardest
    I've always been a fan of Jim Carrey's movies since i can remember,
    but the hardest thing to do is to close this world with an eventful plot, unfortunately the end in this movie was so bad,
    that it actually pissed me off, Truman was born and raised in this fake world, so he have no idea about the actual real world,
    so you'd think he's very excited and anticipated to get out but a huge character development was missing from the plot and ending the movie like this with a fake smile "good morning, good evening and goodnight"
    was the worst ending to a movie i have ever seen.
    the end actually left me speechless for about 9 minutes.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    Achieves a kind of beauty through its overlaying enigmas, and Carrey.
    A cool indictment of television's near-irresistible pandering to the inner peeping tom.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Horton