8.0

1. Oct 6, 2010
    Seriously, hands down- one of my favorite movies. The story is orginal. The cinematography is perfect. Jim Carey is excellent. Surely this movie is a comedy and it has it's fair share of funny moments however, the depth of this movie is what brings me back time and time again.
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    This movie is so awesome in every way. It manages to prove that a funny man can break our hearts (which would happen again in Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler some time after). This film has one of the most original story-lines from '98 and is written to perfection. The balance of originality and great writing, not to mention Carrey, isn't the only thing that delivers a power punch. It is the message, that is explained in such a manner that even the people not searching for depth in the first place can find it, that is amazing. The depth of thought that the writers went through to get to the theme that "whatever world we are born in, we will instantly believe is real" is astonishing. The Academy made big mistakes in '98: 1. Saving Private Ryan not winning Best Picture, and 2. The Truman Show not being nominated for Best Picture, Actor, Score and Cinematography (the first two getting a win wouldn't have been an upset to me). Basically, if you want a wholly original film that is funny, heartbreaking and thought-provoking, The Truman Show is one of the best picks. Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2011
    One of the best Jim Carrey movie ever made. This movie shows that Jim Carrey is more than just the wacky guy off of Dumb & Dumber. He can act and he can act very well in dramatic movies.
  4. Mar 23, 2012
    An amazing film with and with a great ending, a rare thing.
    The writing is great and I never knew what was going to happen next and when it did, it was an awesome thing to see.
    Jim Carrey is most definitely a LEGEND!!!

Good Morning, oh and in case I don't see ya. Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night. :D
  5. Jan 13, 2013
    By far the best screenplay I have ever seen, and Jim Carrey does the performance of the year. It's the one film that you actually want Jim Carrey to go crazy. Laura Linney was surprisingly dazzling in her performance and the events happen in the smartest way possible. This film is absolutely beautiful.
  6. Nov 15, 2012
    Brilliant movie idea and a great performance by Jim Carrey how he did not win an Oscar for this suggests that perhaps they do have a thing against some comedians.
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    Weir's impeccable directing and the brilliant script give this film the deserving title of a true masterpiece. Carrey proves his versatility as an actor and the supporting cast help deem this a true work of art.
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    Hands down, this film rocks. The world created for Truman and the way they movie plays out is truly amazing. I love seeing films like this make their way into theaters and into our hearts.
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    Amazing movie! Other then Eternal Sunshine my favorite Jim Carrey movie ever. Carreys acting, the direction, the story and just about everything else in this movie is fantastic.
  10. Aug 24, 2014
    Jim Carrey may have more notoriety for his zany humor-driven titles like Ace Ventura or The Cable Guy, but they're all second to the authentic performance delivered in The Truman Show - a movie that in some ways reinvented reality TV and inspired other films to be made (ED TV). The cast is excellent and the movie has a charm about it that is undeniable. If you haven't seen this movie yet, add it to your list because it's one of the greatest films of the 90s. Some may say of all time. Expand
  11. Jan 26, 2011
    This is my absolute favorite movie ever. Jim Carrey is brilliant in a role that isn't slapstick comedy--I much prefer him here. The movie is well crafted all-around, from the casting to the soundtrack. The story is compelling and unique, drawing you into the artificial world Truman lives him. Follow him in his journey towards knowledge of the truth!
  12. May 24, 2013
    Taking reality TV taken to its ultimate extreme everything Truman Burbank has done since birth has been seen live by a worldwide audience of millions. Unfortunately for Truman he is unaware of this as he lives inside a giant Hollywood dome containing a made for TV town. Everyone in his life, his friends, his neighbours, even his wife are all actors hired by the shows creator.

Jim Carrey
    is unusually reserved, but brilliant in the title role importantly making Truman likable so that we really begin to feel for him as the movie reaches its climax. Part satire, part comedy and part drama The Truman Show is one of those rare movies that takes an original, intelligent and interesting concept and truly makes the most out of it. It is rare for a film to entertain whilst also making you think but this is one movie that certainly manages it. Expand
  13. Sep 5, 2011
    This is a movie about ideas. The drama is well crafted and the movies prediction to the ethics of modern media and reality TV is brilliant. There is much to think about with the themes and analogies this movie presents. The Truman Show is one of my favourites. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  14. Oct 22, 2011
    The figurine was simply perfect. The script, I should say that if you don't count the cliche's, so is too. The acting was amazing, but the scenario could have been better. The soundtrack would have been better if it wasn't for one single song that was bad. The skin of the film was bad. Like, really, really bad. The choice for the actors was great, if you don't count that they chose that actress to do Sylvia. She isn't beautiful enough to do a woman who makes a men fall in love with her at the first sight. But she was a great actress. The special effects (that were supposed to be bad) were really perfect, as was the make-up and the hair. And finally, the photography of this film was absolutely perfect. Expand
  15. Jul 23, 2013
    Just absolutely love the movie. It is a weird one that really makes you think, but as Truman begins to get wise to everything, it is hard not to root for him. The drecting was great, Jim Carrey was funny and great, and all of the supporting actors did well. The movie is certainly funny, but is more than just a comedy.
  16. May 2, 2013
    This gripping film is not what it looks like, when you see Jim Carrey on the cover. This very emotional and profound comedy drama with this light provoking note between the lines is featuring Carrey's performance of a lifetime, a evil and mean Ed Harris and a memorable climax. Big cinema!!!
  17. Jan 6, 2014
    Magnífica atuação de Jim Carrye, em um fantástico filme com uma ótima história
  18. Nov 28, 2012
    A brilliantly written and directed dramedy, featuring easily the best performance Jim Carrey has ever committed to film.
  19. Jan 20, 2013
    "The Truman Show" can truly be considered a cult classic. This is one of the best Jim Carrey movies to date, and even a fantastic movie period. Nothing short of a masterpiece.
  20. Aug 26, 2013
    Wonderful movie with a though. A though of many people lives. Good storyline, music, idea, actors performance and whole movie is amazing. One of those movies where you speak about it when it ends.
  21. Jul 2, 2013
    The whole concept of this movie is just amazing. It's an original idea that is developed perfectly. The acting and cinematography are both extremely well done. In general, this is an all around great movie and one of my personal favorites.
  22. Jun 15, 2013
    One of my favorite movies of all time! Love it, can watch it over and over again.
  23. Jul 26, 2014
    A smart, sweet and vivacious masterpiece. Peter Weir and his great work in this film is simply moving. The acting of Jim Carrey is, probably, his best work in all his career. The amazing, funny and inventive screenplay written by Andrew Niccol. All they make this film live and surprise us, and somehow, made ??him a wonderful film about life, love and the exploitation of television today, an intense drama about the world we are living. The modern life we are living. The life we are living: this is the phrasal who identifies this great movie. The Truman Show is The Life Show! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    Achieves a kind of beauty through its overlaying enigmas, and Carrey.
    A cool indictment of television's near-irresistible pandering to the inner peeping tom.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Horton