8.2

1. Sep 2, 2012
    I don't agree with Cabrita, but maybe just 'cause i've been watching a lot of Tarr's movies, this is the last (or so he said) and so the end, and what an end (of the world).
    I personally prefer other movies of his, Satantango and Werkmeister Harmonies are some of those, but this is still a good one
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    His use of mise en scene and film noir are great however technique on it's own does not add up to anything. I can appreciate art house films however this is simply bad art. It did not entertain my intellect by exploring themes nor did it entertain me on a manipulative level. This is where I differ with the critics they believe the film gave you a sense of awe, I believe the film gave me a sense of boredom. I have also seen the man from London which was also garbage. I'm going to give Tarr one more chance with Werkmeister Harmonies. Expand
  3. Mar 3, 2013
    I had a problem with its symbolic aesthetics, since it rarely provides opportunities for self-reflective projection. However, it can't be denied that this is beautiful trademark work of the master who made Satantango.

1. Reviewed by: Mark Feeney
    Jun 28, 2012
    The Turin Horse is in a very gray black and white. It looks the same way it feels: bleak, pure, forbidding, transfixing. Watching it, frankly, can be a bit of an ordeal. There's hardly anything in The Turin Horse you would describe as entertaining, but there is a very great deal that's beautiful and absorbing.
  2. Reviewed by: Sam Wigley
    May 26, 2012
    Tarr risks self-parody with recurring scenes of the pair tucking into scalding potatoes, but if you've got the stomach for it this is an intoxicating vision of life at the end of its tether.
  3. Reviewed by: Betsy Sharkey
    Mar 1, 2012
    Starkly beautiful and exceedingly demanding, The Turin Horse, which Hungarian master Béla Tarr has said will be his last film, is both easy and impossible to define.