4.2

1. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely loved it! This movie is all about sheer light hearted entertainment . Anybody who takes this seriously should really get their heads examined!! I'm talking about all those people who can not just go to the movies for a bit of fun!! Lighten up people! It is not supposed to be all serious. I like how this movie did not try to be anything other than what is is. Fun.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    This movie really is for the fans of the books. I hate the way others try to spoil it for them by constantly putting it down. If it is not your cup of tea...fine...but why all the hate? Get over it! I'm glad the fans love it so much as it is portrayed exactly as the books described. Well done to them for being true.
  3. Nov 25, 2011
    Enjoyed this movie a lot. It delivered on screen exactly how it is described in the books. You can not ask anymore of a director or actor so I say a job very well done.
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this movie was way better than than the previous movies in the series. People need to give some credit where it is due and it is definitely due here!
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Really enjoyed it! It was cheesy and melodramatic and humorous! Exactly what I was hoping for!! Loved every moment of it! Completely delivered the book.
  6. Nov 26, 2011
    I can not fault this movie at all! It delivers what it says on the tin and I think you can not ask for more than that. Very well done by the director and the cast.
  7. Nov 26, 2011
    Well I completely enjoyed this movie and at the end of the day that is what it is all about!! These movies make a lot of people very happy and that is always nice to see!
  8. Nov 26, 2011
    The acting has vastly improved in this movie and it makes a massive difference. I really felt the emotions coming through with a mix of light moments and serious moments for the characters.
  9. Nov 21, 2011
    I am a huge fan so of course I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is plenty of serious stuff happening in the Worls, it is nice to simply escape from time to time and that is what this is all about.
  10. Nov 25, 2011
    Absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy with the way everything was put together from the book and I am very much looking forward to part 2.
  11. Nov 26, 2011
    Thank you so much Bill Condon, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and all the cast and crew for finally giving the fans exactly want we want and not giving a damn about the haters of the series!
  12. Nov 26, 2011
    Very nicely done indeed!!!!!!!!Thinking back at some of the imagery in the scenes and the charming delivery of the unusual story line. I really liked it!
  13. Nov 26, 2011
    I love the books so I was was wary of seeing the movie but I had no need to be worried at all. I am very happy with the scene selection and delivery. Thank you Bill.
  14. Nov 21, 2011
    Love, Love, Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a director who gave us fans what we wanted and said to hell with everybody else! The haters are never going to like it anyway so might as well go all out and give the fans what they want! Thank you Bill Condon!
  15. Nov 26, 2011
    Loved it so much! Really looking forward to part 2 of Breaking Dawn. I think it was very nicely set up and ended in the perfect place. It all changes in the next installment.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. I loved everything about it. The wedding was beautiful. The honeymoon was tasteful and charming. The birth was appropriately graphic. All and all a job well done. Collapse
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fantastic movie. The transformation scene was really spectacular. I really felt the emotion when Edward was trying to save Bella and I loved the montage of memories while she literally transformed before our eyes. Expand
  18. Nov 25, 2011
    Just saw this and I have to say I do not know what people are giving out about?? They must be a miserable bunch because I found the movie to be completely charming in an old fashioned way and completely enjoyed it! I think some people who can not stand it just need to lighten up a bit!!
  19. Nov 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How stunning was Kristen Stewart in that wedding dress!!!!!! It was simply gorgeous!! Loved the whole wedding scene. Beautiful! It was exactly how I imaged it! Expand
  20. Nov 30, 2011
    Well I am most certainly not a Twi-hard but I really enjoyed this film. It was so much better than I expected and so much better than the critics say.
  21. Nov 30, 2011
    I found it utterly charming!!!! It takes you on a complete fantasy journey and allows you to escape the mundane problems of the World for a little while!
  22. Nov 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a gorgeous wedding!! Edward and Bella look beautiful and I absolutely loved the wedding dress, sophisticated and sexy at the same time!!! Thought the speeches were hilarious too! Expand
  23. Nov 25, 2011
    I enjoy all the Twilight movies but Breaking Dawn part 1 is by far my favorite! I think it was was wonderfully done and I appreciate that Bill Condon gave us what we wanted!
  24. Nov 26, 2011
    It was great! Do not know why it gets so harshly judged. People just need to let go and go along for the ride. You might even enjoy it if you let yourself!!
  25. Nov 30, 2011
    I can not for one second understand all the hate these movies get from a lot of critics and some members of the public........they really are not that bad at all!
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite movie of the series. Really looking forward to seeing Breaking Dawn part 2! It really left me wanting more but it will be whole year until its out!
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    This movie actually surprised me. I thought it was miles better than the other movies in the series and the actors played those characters exactly right.
  28. Nov 25, 2011
    Very nice, easy going movie for sheer entertainment I give this a 10 out of 10. There really was nothing to complain about in this movie although I'm sure many people will find something to complain about...they always do!
  29. Nov 25, 2011
    This is precisely the type of film I like. Romantic, dramatic, unique. I have definitely never seen anything remotely the same as it and I like that it is different! So sick of movies being safe.
  30. Nov 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a Twi-hard and proud so I absolutely loved it! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  31. Nov 26, 2011
    Love the cast. Loved the acting. Loved the humor. Loved the scenery. Loved the delivery of the big scenes. There was so much to love about this movie. It deserves a lot more love back in my opinion.
  32. Nov 30, 2011
    I adored this movie. It has moments that are so cute and sweet but then there are moments of seriousness that are dealt with really well and interestingly.
  33. Nov 25, 2011
    The best Twilight movie. Did not deserve the harsh reviews at all. I suppose the people who do not get it just do not get it but they could at least have a bit of respect.
  34. Nov 26, 2011
    I had a really good time at this movie so as far as I'm concerned it gets a 10. Surely going to the movies is all about fun and escapism?? This movie definitely gives you that.
  35. Nov 30, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the series . I love it for what it is and am under no illusions but I simply enjoy watching them! No harm in that...............................................................
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    I was very happy with Bill Condons take on the book. It was far better than the book actually because it cut out a lot of the annoying bits. Sheer entertainment. Loved it!
  37. Nov 21, 2011
    Very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it. Do not know what people are being so harsh for. The movie delivered the book really well. I just do not know what you people were expecting.
  38. Nov 25, 2011
    I thought after reading some reviews that I would hate this movie and jump on the hate bandwagon but I was very surprised at how much I liked it! I suppose it is a case of bias critics again. I have seen that happen many times and it is something the really annoys me.
  39. Nov 25, 2011
    What a beautiful looking cast! Really had a good time with my friends at this movie. Fun and enjoyment is what going to the cinema is all about! Loved it.
  40. Nov 26, 2011
    Oh I just loved it. The cheesiness and over the top dramatics is what makes this series so darn great! This is completely the type of movie that I love!
  41. Nov 30, 2011
    Went to see this with three of my best friends are we had a great time! That is what it is all about FUN! I dont know why some people take it so seriously!
  42. Nov 26, 2011
    Was a bit apprehensive about this movie as I did not like the others much in the series but I have to say I was totally pleasantly surprised. Good movie.
  43. Nov 26, 2011
    Was so excited to go see this movie. Have been waiting for a long time but it was worth it! Really can not wait to see part 2 of Breaking Dawn next year.
  44. Nov 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are many scenes in this movie that really should be commended though I doubt they ever will be unfortunately! For example.The scene of her "dream" wedding was very interesting and very effective. The birth scene also was very different and emotional. Expand
  45. Nov 25, 2011
    Very good! I was very excited about seeing this but I was unsure about how it was going to play out. I was very happy with the result. It had a great mixture of the emotional scenes along with some funny scenes too.
  46. Nov 26, 2011
    I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this film especially after reading some reviewers comments. It just goes to show, never listen to anybody else and just be open to a new experience.
  47. Nov 30, 2011
    I have to say it was actually really good. Thought I would hate it but I did not hate it at all. Also Kristen Stewart looks really hot, for the first half anyway!
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were perfect in this movie. Exactly as they were written in the books and they have amazing chemistry. Taylor was really good as Jacob in this one too as I usually can not stand him. Thought the cast did a great job.
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite movie I have seen in a while. Finally a movie aimed at a female market! So sick of all these comic book heroes and robots! Love a bit of old fashioned melodrama and romance.
  50. Nov 25, 2011
    Most enjoyable movie I have seen in ages! I'm proud to call myself a fan of the series in general but this movie really took things to an even better level.
  51. Nov 27, 2011
    I think they did a fantastic job of bringing the story from the book to life. Obviously if you hate the book you are probably going to hate the movie and if you love the book you will love the movie. Simple.
  52. Nov 30, 2011
    I loved it! It was better than the book in my opinion because it highlighted the important parts and left out a lot of the other stuff. Looking forward to part 2.
  53. Nov 18, 2011
    The movie Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part 1...was AWESOME!!!! It was GREAT from beginning till end!!!! I and both my girls will pay to see this Again!!!
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    Really enjoyed it this movie. Had a good time with my friends. Enjoyed the blend of drama and romance with a nice few comedic moments too. Very enjoyable film.
  55. Nov 25, 2011
    Very happy with this movie. All my favorite parts of the book were included and very nicely done indeed. I will definitely have to go see it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  56. Nov 26, 2011
    It was a good movie it stays true to the books ( so I'm told ). It gets a little weird in a couple areas for me. Number 1 the love making scenes were a little much for PG 13 I thought. Then when all the wolfs were talking to each other a was like what the heck is going on here. I felt embarrassed I was like looking around to see if anyone else felt the same. Also there is small scene after the credits so don't leave right away like I did :) Expand
  57. Nov 27, 2011
    Finally got to see this movie and I have to say I really enjoyed it!! Very easy watching and very nicely done in my opinion. Will very probably buy the DVD.
  58. Nov 30, 2011
    The performances by the actors have really improved in this one. Surely everyone can see that. The director did a very good job of pulling everything together and making the fans happy.
  59. Nov 18, 2011
    Once again I was pleased to see the movie go more from the book than have fill-ins like other movies that are based on a Best Selling novel. If you read the book then you would understand every scene & especially the honeymoon scene. She is still human, vulnerable & very fragile compared to the super-strength of her now husband-he is vampire! It's a MOVIE for heaven's sake not a take off or example of spousal abuse. Mind you I agree there are women in abusive relationships from husbands that do not TRUE-LY love them (or wouldn't hurt them to begin with) and I hope they will turn to abuse alternative for help...but in this case- not the same. They are so head-over-hills in love & it is so obvious- he is devastated to see that he left a mark at all on her. Her unswaying love to her now husband, Edward, & his back to her, is every girls (woman's) dream come true. He is more concerned for Bella's happiness, he would do anything not to hurt her or let anyone else for that matter. I did think that Jacob's crying scene after seeing Bella (what they thought) dead should have been with more feeling. Wish it was 30 mins longer to give Twifans more. But over all, I was very pleased with the entire movie, directing & actors. I just hope part 2 is just a bit longer (3 hours wouldn't even be long enough!) to give more details with the story line, knowing it is the closing chapters to such a great Saga!! True Twifans should swoon over Breaking Dawn Part 1 Expand
  60. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. â Expand
  61. Nov 21, 2011
    I was very impressed with the way they manged to hold on to the whole craziness of the story. It is definitely not to everyones taste but it is definitely to mine.
  62. Nov 25, 2011
    Fantastic film when you are looking for a nice night out without taking anything too seriously. People seem to forget that nothing about this series is to be taken seriously it is simply for entertainment and fun.
  63. Nov 27, 2011
    Totally and utterly Loved it. All the major scenes were done so carefully and beautifully to ensure that they were exactly what the book described to make the fans happy.
  64. Nov 30, 2011
    ............................................................No complaints. I enjoyed .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  65. Nov 20, 2011
    Another great sequel from a great novel! The acting from Mr. Pattinson outshines the other talented cast, with hilarious speeches! The successor of part 1. should unravel more of this epic series.
  66. Nov 21, 2011
    The main reason I watch these movies is for Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewarts chemistry and I have to say they were particularly in sync in this movie. Love them together on screen.
  67. Nov 25, 2011
    I had been waiting for this movie for ages so I was nervous about how I would feel when I went to see it. It did not disappoint me at all! In fact I loved every bit of it...was well worth the wait!
  68. Nov 27, 2011
    Absolutely amazing! It was far better than I was expecting! I thought it might be okay like the others in the series but this one was actually very good!
  69. Nov 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I did not have a major problem with anything. The only moment of doubt was the wolves talking but it was not a big deal and it was written in the book so had to be shown. Overall I really liked it. Expand
  70. Nov 18, 2011
    WOW! I am not the average fan. I'm a sixteen year old boy who usually can't sit through any type of romance. However twilight was different. THIS twilight movie was by far the best of them all. It looked SO real at certain parts of the film, and was quite a mindf**k. Even twilight haters might like this movie. There is some action that is quite brutal. There is Drama, suspense, everything! SO GOOD! Nice job Bill Condon! Expand
  71. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Obviously, this movie is going to appeal to Twihards more than the normal human. Therefore, this movie should really receive two ratings. (Three actually...)

TWIHARD FAN SCORE: 10+++++!!!!!OMMMMGGG!!!!

NORMAL HUMAN SCORE: 5 (only because my spouse will kill me if I rate it any lower)

ACTUAL NORMAL HUMAN SCORE: 0

Seriously, I am a fan of the series and really enjoyed the movie. I did have a couple of minor gripes, however. First of all, I wish they would have included more of the Jacob vs. Rosalee rivalry...the book had me cracking up at the things they would do to each other. Also, the fight scene between the wolves and the Cullins never happened in the book, but it did add to the tension and action of the film. And finally, the scene with the werewolves discussing their plans was borderline ridiculous.

But none of these really detracted from my enjoyment of the movie. If you are a fan, YOU WILL LOVE IT. If you aren't a fan, YOU PROBABLY WON'T.
  72. Nov 23, 2011
    This movie is definitely for fans of the books, which is perfectly fine with me. The first movie was so unlike the book that I thought I would dislike the whole series, but now I see they are making a huge effort to make the movies true to the books and as a fan I truly appreciate it. The movie is great and I cannot wait until next November so that I can see part 2!
  73. Nov 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really good! Thoroughly enjoyed it. The last 15 minutes were absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  74. Nov 27, 2011
    The director and actors did something very rare and very special with this movie. They did not try to please the critics or the general public at all and just wanted to please the fans. I totally respect that!
  75. Nov 30, 2011
    This movie has a bit of everything thrown in but it kind of works in its own special way. Its not for everyone evidently but I thought it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  76. Nov 28, 2011
    I totally loved breaking dawn part 2. first of all, its a very mature movie. plus it is very very emotional and heart throbbing. the last 25 minutes of the movie are out of this world. maybe the best ending i have ever seen to a movie. at last i just want to say "MOVE OVER HARRY POTTER"
  77. Jan 28, 2012
    I really enjoyed this movie. I hadn't even seen the 3rd one but I still went to see it and I really liked it! It made me laugh (when the werewolves started talking like transformers), made me cover my eyes at the birth seen and it made me cry at the end! A great film and I considered seeing it again with another film but it had already been taken out of the cinemas by then. Can't wait for part 2!
  78. Nov 19, 2011
    WOWWWW Is all I can say.... Very interesting how they handled the love scenes and they did keep alot out from the book :-(. But overall I think they did a wonderful job with this movie and will be going back to see it again before it leaves the theater.
  79. Nov 19, 2011
    I loved the movie it's one of my favorites, I have seen so far. Great job to all the people who made a awesome film. Cant wait tell part two come out.
  80. Nov 19, 2011
    This movie ranks with the best in the last decade. The subtle message of "love" at all costs" permeates a visual masterpiece of special effects and directing. Bella reminds us of Grace Kelly in her prime. Edward would have been better cast if played by Matt Damon, yet his character works and this is likely a testament to the excellent screenplay. The pace is crisp. The special effects are on par with any of the Potter series. The plot twists and mystery are cerebral and yet tender. This is a love story that has no equal. I can count at least 8 academy awards that are locks. I am just blown away by the elegance of this movie. Expand
  81. Nov 20, 2011
    Will this movie disappoint me, unlike the book? was all I could think about before the opening scene. By the end credits I was beaming! I can't gave a full review here, so I will be brief! Bella makes me crazy in the books and Kristen Stewart really plays that well. In this movie Bella grew up! and so did the actors. They have evolved like their characters, it was great to see. Kristen did well in expressing Bella's emotions without saying a word. The family scenes at the wedding was hilarious, and nice to see all the actors working together in the same scenes. And I have to say the earth real wedding venue and honeymoon set designs alone deserves an Oscar nod!

Not to spoil the movie but there are scenes which were hard to watch but they were so wonderful done that you looked on anyway!

In ending the movie was true as it could be to the book, the acting has gotten more depth to it, the CGI done to almost perfection, wardrobe & set design well done and directing was brilliant!
  82. Nov 21, 2011
    Very surprisingly good! I was impressed by pretty much everything. It was much better than the book because it focused on the good bits and left out the filler.
  83. Nov 21, 2011
    this movie is really amazing...i dont know what new to say,everybody in cinema is crying when edward wants to bring bella to life. Music is cool...effects is amazing, acting to...really good
  84. Nov 21, 2011
    its was interesting movie and for me is the best twilight movie. i cant wait to see twilight breaking down part 2. Fans will be really happy. For me i like it
  85. Nov 25, 2011
    Well I had a great time at the movies seeing this film. It has a bit of everything! If you like a bit of over the top drams and romance well this is definitely one for you!
  86. Nov 25, 2011
    Poor, flat acting. Characters were not discernible from previous. Could have been a totally different movie with different characters. Holes in plot. Intrusive soundtrack attempting to plug gaps. Unintentionally humorous. CGI had problems with scale during "fight scene". "Fight scene" packed in to liven up what is essentially a poorly acted romantic film.
  87. Nov 27, 2011
    If you enjoy a bit of light hearted entertainment and a bit of romance and unusual drama (like me!) than this one is definitely for you! If not, it is probably better if you skip this one!!
  88. Dec 10, 2011
    I´ve seen it once again and took the time to be aware more to the emotions of edward an bella. I guess they got the point to 100% - it was like reading the book again and feel it by watching the movie. I think they found a way to show the book as it is. If you don´t like the book, you won´t like the movie as it is as near to the book as no other movie before (perhaps besides one scene in the end)...
    Well done adaptation and truly fitting in the series.
  89. Nov 30, 2011
    This was actually my favorite Twilight movie so far. I didn't see any of them until last fall. Watched them with my sister and we both really liked the first one. I felt like the first half of the second one was good too, but overall not as good as the first. I thought the third one was awful. But this one? I really really enjoyed it. If you aren't into this sort of thing, you're not gonna like it. And if you are new to the series, don't start here. Saw it with someone who hadn't seen much of the other movies, and to them the first half hour was crazy boring, but to people who are into the story, it is great. Obviously, if you already know you don't like the Twilight movies or books, why would you ever go to this movie? You're not gonna like it. But if you are a fan, you will probably love it, and if you are the kind of person who likes movies in general as long as they are good for what they are meant to be, then you might enjoy it too, though you wouldn't want to start here, you'd want to go back and watch the movies from the start. Just watch out for that third movie. It stunk. Expand
  90. Nov 30, 2011
    I thought it was very good. Nicely shot with an interesting story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  91. Jan 31, 2012
    Its always difficult to make a movie out of a book. Maybe because restrictions faced in penning down things are way different from those in bringing them alive on the screen. But yet again, there can be a slight difference and not change things drastically. This movie does follow this rule. Detailing is important in both the modes, books and movie, but the ways are different. The movie lacks this detailing. The director has tried to detail things in his way but they make things boring. The movie could have been a lot fast. This slow movie has Good Music (could have handled even better), Nice character handling and excellent cinematography make me rate this a 9. Expand
  92. Sep 30, 2012
    Having Viewed This Movie Multiple Times, I Must Say That The Story Line, The Music, And The Masterful Details To Production - Direction, Bill Condon Was A Mastermind In This. I Dont Think This Movie Has Received The Overall Credit It Deserves. I Have No Trouble Saying, It May Be The Best Movie I've Seen - And I Have Seen A Lot Of Them... The Movie Seems To Have A Very Profound - Subtle Emotional Message And Content That Is Not Easy To Explain, But You Feel It... A Very Special Movei Expand
  93. Jul 18, 2013
    Kristen Stewart improved upon her acting (yes, she does fantastic in this one), the visuals look amazing in this film, the story is interesting (I like how she wants to keep the baby and that they waited to be married to have...well you know that one scene in this film). It is a beautifully filmed movie with lots of interesting new things added both creatively and visually. I really enjoyed this film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Nov 23, 2011
    Bill Condon (Dreamgirls, Chicago, Gods and Monsters) takes over the directing reins for these final two parts; his most noteworthy contribution to the series so far is a terrifyingly staged birth scene that should turn the teen fan base off of sex altogether … which is precisely what this whole dumb, punishing series has been gunning for from the start.
    In any case, the last twenty minutes of Breaking Dawn are so harrowing that it's possible to forget that most of the acting is soap-operatic (the guy who plays Carlisle is aging to look like Liberace) and the dialogue from hunger. The movie's that primal.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 19, 2011
    One seriously sick little blockbuster.