Summit Entertainment | Release Date: November 18, 2011
4.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 568 Ratings
WATCH NOW
new2011Nov 21, 2011
I think this movie was way better than than the previous movies in the series. People need to give some credit where it is due and it is definitely due here!
buddy15Nov 21, 2011
This movie really is for the fans of the books. I hate the way others try to spoil it for them by constantly putting it down. If it is not your cup of tea...fine...but why all the hate? Get over it! I'm glad the fans love it so much as it isThis movie really is for the fans of the books. I hate the way others try to spoil it for them by constantly putting it down. If it is not your cup of tea...fine...but why all the hate? Get over it! I'm glad the fans love it so much as it is portrayed exactly as the books described. Well done to them for being true. Expand
Dec23Nov 25, 2011
Enjoyed this movie a lot. It delivered on screen exactly how it is described in the books. You can not ask anymore of a director or actor so I say a job very well done.
livetourNov 21, 2011
Absolutely loved it! This movie is all about sheer light hearted entertainment . Anybody who takes this seriously should really get their heads examined!! I'm talking about all those people who can not just go to the movies for a bit of fun!!Absolutely loved it! This movie is all about sheer light hearted entertainment . Anybody who takes this seriously should really get their heads examined!! I'm talking about all those people who can not just go to the movies for a bit of fun!! Lighten up people! It is not supposed to be all serious. I like how this movie did not try to be anything other than what is is. Fun. Expand
work75Nov 21, 2011
Really enjoyed it! It was cheesy and melodramatic and humorous! Exactly what I was hoping for!! Loved every moment of it! Completely delivered the book.
EyesWideNov 26, 2011
Well I completely enjoyed this movie and at the end of the day that is what it is all about!! These movies make a lot of people very happy and that is always nice to see!
LilliaNov 26, 2011
I can not fault this movie at all! It delivers what it says on the tin and I think you can not ask for more than that. Very well done by the director and the cast.
DaugieNov 26, 2011
The acting has vastly improved in this movie and it makes a massive difference. I really felt the emotions coming through with a mix of light moments and serious moments for the characters.
Viola1Nov 21, 2011
I am a huge fan so of course I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is plenty of serious stuff happening in the Worls, it is nice to simply escape from time to time and that is what this is all about.
Nova25Nov 25, 2011
Absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy with the way everything was put together from the book and I am very much looking forward to part 2.
MishaNov 26, 2011
Thank you so much Bill Condon, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and all the cast and crew for finally giving the fans exactly want we want and not giving a damn about the haters of the series!
MmambaNov 26, 2011
Very nicely done indeed!!!!!!!!Thinking back at some of the imagery in the scenes and the charming delivery of the unusual story line. I really liked it!
AnnabellaNov 26, 2011
I love the books so I was was wary of seeing the movie but I had no need to be worried at all. I am very happy with the scene selection and delivery. Thank you Bill.
UsittNov 25, 2011
Most enjoyable movie I have seen in ages! I'm proud to call myself a fan of the series in general but this movie really took things to an even better level.
LampaNov 21, 2011
I was very happy with Bill Condons take on the book. It was far better than the book actually because it cut out a lot of the annoying bits. Sheer entertainment. Loved it!
CalzieNov 25, 2011
I thought after reading some reviews that I would hate this movie and jump on the hate bandwagon but I was very surprised at how much I liked it! I suppose it is a case of bias critics again. I have seen that happen many times and it isI thought after reading some reviews that I would hate this movie and jump on the hate bandwagon but I was very surprised at how much I liked it! I suppose it is a case of bias critics again. I have seen that happen many times and it is something the really annoys me. Expand
FayeLizNov 25, 2011
What a beautiful looking cast! Really had a good time with my friends at this movie. Fun and enjoyment is what going to the cinema is all about! Loved it.
ZaraWDNov 26, 2011
Oh I just loved it. The cheesiness and over the top dramatics is what makes this series so darn great! This is completely the type of movie that I love!
GlassingNov 30, 2011
Went to see this with three of my best friends are we had a great time! That is what it is all about FUN! I dont know why some people take it so seriously!
WateringNov 25, 2011
Very happy with this movie. All my favorite parts of the book were included and very nicely done indeed. I will definitely have to go see it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PnhtwinzNov 26, 2011
It was a good movie it stays true to the books ( so I'm told ). It gets a little weird in a couple areas for me. Number 1 the love making scenes were a little much for PG 13 I thought. Then when all the wolfs were talking to each other a wasIt was a good movie it stays true to the books ( so I'm told ). It gets a little weird in a couple areas for me. Number 1 the love making scenes were a little much for PG 13 I thought. Then when all the wolfs were talking to each other a was like what the heck is going on here. I felt embarrassed I was like looking around to see if anyone else felt the same. Also there is small scene after the credits so don't leave right away like I did :) Expand
MurleyNov 27, 2011
Finally got to see this movie and I have to say I really enjoyed it!! Very easy watching and very nicely done in my opinion. Will very probably buy the DVD.
Augusta2Nov 30, 2011
The performances by the actors have really improved in this one. Surely everyone can see that. The director did a very good job of pulling everything together and making the fans happy.
JJungleNov 25, 2011
I enjoy all the Twilight movies but Breaking Dawn part 1 is by far my favorite! I think it was was wonderfully done and I appreciate that Bill Condon gave us what we wanted!
Danny21Nov 26, 2011
It was great! Do not know why it gets so harshly judged. People just need to let go and go along for the ride. You might even enjoy it if you let yourself!!
JenDawsNov 30, 2011
I can not for one second understand all the hate these movies get from a lot of critics and some members of the public........they really are not that bad at all!
JessVanceNov 26, 2011
Was a bit apprehensive about this movie as I did not like the others much in the series but I have to say I was totally pleasantly surprised. Good movie.
Demando1Nov 26, 2011
Was so excited to go see this movie. Have been waiting for a long time but it was worth it! Really can not wait to see part 2 of Breaking Dawn next year.
Fiona77Nov 30, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are many scenes in this movie that really should be commended though I doubt they ever will be unfortunately! For example.The scene of her "dream" wedding was very interesting and very effective. The birth scene also was very different and emotional. Expand
ButteryNov 30, 2011
I adored this movie. It has moments that are so cute and sweet but then there are moments of seriousness that are dealt with really well and interestingly.
GallywayNov 21, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved everything about it. The wedding was beautiful. The honeymoon was tasteful and charming. The birth was appropriately graphic. All and all a job well done. Expand
volvicccNov 21, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fantastic movie. The transformation scene was really spectacular. I really felt the emotion when Edward was trying to save Bella and I loved the montage of memories while she literally transformed before our eyes. Expand
LydiaBNov 25, 2011
Just saw this and I have to say I do not know what people are giving out about?? They must be a miserable bunch because I found the movie to be completely charming in an old fashioned way and completely enjoyed it! I think some people who canJust saw this and I have to say I do not know what people are giving out about?? They must be a miserable bunch because I found the movie to be completely charming in an old fashioned way and completely enjoyed it! I think some people who can not stand it just need to lighten up a bit!! Expand
Jane77Nov 26, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How stunning was Kristen Stewart in that wedding dress!!!!!! It was simply gorgeous!! Loved the whole wedding scene. Beautiful! It was exactly how I imaged it! Expand
Zaria31Nov 30, 2011
Well I am most certainly not a Twi-hard but I really enjoyed this film. It was so much better than I expected and so much better than the critics say.
Sandie22Nov 30, 2011
I found it utterly charming!!!! It takes you on a complete fantasy journey and allows you to escape the mundane problems of the World for a little while!
TTregNov 25, 2011
The best Twilight movie. Did not deserve the harsh reviews at all. I suppose the people who do not get it just do not get it but they could at least have a bit of respect.
EdithNov 26, 2011
I had a really good time at this movie so as far as I'm concerned it gets a 10. Surely going to the movies is all about fun and escapism?? This movie definitely gives you that.
MarandaBellNov 30, 2011
I'm a huge fan of the series . I love it for what it is and am under no illusions but I simply enjoy watching them! No harm in that...............................................................
StarpopNov 25, 2011
Very good! I was very excited about seeing this but I was unsure about how it was going to play out. I was very happy with the result. It had a great mixture of the emotional scenes along with some funny scenes too.
ConMandyNov 26, 2011
I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this film especially after reading some reviewers comments. It just goes to show, never listen to anybody else and just be open to a new experience.
UmbrellameNov 30, 2011
I have to say it was actually really good. Thought I would hate it but I did not hate it at all. Also Kristen Stewart looks really hot, for the first half anyway!
PartyNov 25, 2011
Fantastic film when you are looking for a nice night out without taking anything too seriously. People seem to forget that nothing about this series is to be taken seriously it is simply for entertainment and fun.
CiaramNov 27, 2011
Totally and utterly Loved it. All the major scenes were done so carefully and beautifully to ensure that they were exactly what the book described to make the fans happy.
BankleNov 30, 2011
............................................................No complaints. I enjoyed............................................................No complaints. I enjoyed ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Expand
ValerieNov 26, 2011
Loved it so much! Really looking forward to part 2 of Breaking Dawn. I think it was very nicely set up and ended in the perfect place. It all changes in the next installment.
Dawn11Nov 21, 2011
Very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it. Do not know what people are being so harsh for. The movie delivered the book really well. I just do not know what you people were expecting.
banksNov 21, 2011
My favorite movie of the series. Really looking forward to seeing Breaking Dawn part 2! It really left me wanting more but it will be whole year until its out!
EmzzieNov 25, 2011
Very nice, easy going movie for sheer entertainment I give this a 10 out of 10. There really was nothing to complain about in this movie although I'm sure many people will find something to complain about...they always do!
TeaTeaNov 25, 2011
This is precisely the type of film I like. Romantic, dramatic, unique. I have definitely never seen anything remotely the same as it and I like that it is different! So sick of movies being safe.
HistoryyNov 26, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a Twi-hard and proud so I absolutely loved it! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
OllyMNov 26, 2011
Love the cast. Loved the acting. Loved the humor. Loved the scenery. Loved the delivery of the big scenes. There was so much to love about this movie. It deserves a lot more love back in my opinion.
RadiosNov 21, 2011
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were perfect in this movie. Exactly as they were written in the books and they have amazing chemistry. Taylor was really good as Jacob in this one too as I usually can not stand him. Thought the cast did aRobert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were perfect in this movie. Exactly as they were written in the books and they have amazing chemistry. Taylor was really good as Jacob in this one too as I usually can not stand him. Thought the cast did a great job. Expand
patrolsnowNov 21, 2011
My favorite movie I have seen in a while. Finally a movie aimed at a female market! So sick of all these comic book heroes and robots! Love a bit of old fashioned melodrama and romance.
Erin22Nov 21, 2011
Love, Love, Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a director who gave us fans what we wanted and said to hell with everybody else! The haters are never going to like it anyway so might as well go all out and give the fans what they want!Love, Love, Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a director who gave us fans what we wanted and said to hell with everybody else! The haters are never going to like it anyway so might as well go all out and give the fans what they want! Thank you Bill Condon! Expand
Opal32Nov 25, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a gorgeous wedding!! Edward and Bella look beautiful and I absolutely loved the wedding dress, sophisticated and sexy at the same time!!! Thought the speeches were hilarious too! Expand
AnitaRNov 21, 2011
This movie actually surprised me. I thought it was miles better than the other movies in the series and the actors played those characters exactly right.
GerryGerNov 21, 2011
Really enjoyed it this movie. Had a good time with my friends. Enjoyed the blend of drama and romance with a nice few comedic moments too. Very enjoyable film.
Lorky11Nov 21, 2011
The main reason I watch these movies is for Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewarts chemistry and I have to say they were particularly in sync in this movie. Love them together on screen.
LorryNov 25, 2011
I had been waiting for this movie for ages so I was nervous about how I would feel when I went to see it. It did not disappoint me at all! In fact I loved every bit of it...was well worth the wait!
Tammy13Nov 27, 2011
Absolutely amazing! It was far better than I was expecting! I thought it might be okay like the others in the series but this one was actually very good!
DeliliahNov 30, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I did not have a major problem with anything. The only moment of doubt was the wolves talking but it was not a big deal and it was written in the book so had to be shown. Overall I really liked it. Expand
BepoTimeNov 30, 2011
I loved it! It was better than the book in my opinion because it highlighted the important parts and left out a lot of the other stuff. Looking forward to part 2.
Five1Nov 27, 2011
I think they did a fantastic job of bringing the story from the book to life. Obviously if you hate the book you are probably going to hate the movie and if you love the book you will love the movie. Simple.
DougiesNov 21, 2011
I was very impressed with the way they manged to hold on to the whole craziness of the story. It is definitely not to everyones taste but it is definitely to mine.
nonnikchiefDec 2, 2011
Twilight: Breaking Dawn is the best movie in the series so far. Kristen and Robert's relationship actually feels real, and the acting is better than any of the other movies. The CGI is great for small touches, and the wolves look great. TheTwilight: Breaking Dawn is the best movie in the series so far. Kristen and Robert's relationship actually feels real, and the acting is better than any of the other movies. The CGI is great for small touches, and the wolves look great. The music works sometimes, but other times contradicts the mood. Overall, it's a great movie, and I recommend it. Expand
VikkixNov 25, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really good! Thoroughly enjoyed it. The last 15 minutes were absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
CharlsetNov 27, 2011
The director and actors did something very rare and very special with this movie. They did not try to please the critics or the general public at all and just wanted to please the fans. I totally respect that!
AlanaisNov 30, 2011
This movie has a bit of everything thrown in but it kind of works in its own special way. Its not for everyone evidently but I thought it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MovieMadnessNov 20, 2011
Another great sequel from a great novel! The acting from Mr. Pattinson outshines the other talented cast, with hilarious speeches! The successor of part 1. should unravel more of this epic series.
kmc3marieNov 18, 2011
The movie Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part 1...was AWESOME!!!! It was GREAT from beginning till end!!!! I and both my girls will pay to see this Again!!!
movieschix93Nov 18, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. â Expand
Rob7ingNov 23, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Obviously, this movie is going to appeal to Twihards more than the normal human. Therefore, this movie should really receive two ratings. (Three actually...)

TWIHARD FAN SCORE: 10+++++!!!!!OMMMMGGG!!!!

NORMAL HUMAN SCORE: 5 (only because my spouse will kill me if I rate it any lower)

ACTUAL NORMAL HUMAN SCORE: 0

Seriously, I am a fan of the series and really enjoyed the movie. I did have a couple of minor gripes, however. First of all, I wish they would have included more of the Jacob vs. Rosalee rivalry...the book had me cracking up at the things they would do to each other. Also, the fight scene between the wolves and the Cullins never happened in the book, but it did add to the tension and action of the film. And finally, the scene with the werewolves discussing their plans was borderline ridiculous.

But none of these really detracted from my enjoyment of the movie. If you are a fan, YOU WILL LOVE IT. If you aren't a fan, YOU PROBABLY WON'T.
tashiyamaNov 23, 2011
This movie is definitely for fans of the books, which is perfectly fine with me. The first movie was so unlike the book that I thought I would dislike the whole series, but now I see they are making a huge effort to make the movies true toThis movie is definitely for fans of the books, which is perfectly fine with me. The first movie was so unlike the book that I thought I would dislike the whole series, but now I see they are making a huge effort to make the movies true to the books and as a fan I truly appreciate it. The movie is great and I cannot wait until next November so that I can see part 2! Expand
Oakleys4UTNov 18, 2011
Once again I was pleased to see the movie go more from the book than have fill-ins like other movies that are based on a Best Selling novel. If you read the book then you would understand every scene & especially the honeymoon scene. She isOnce again I was pleased to see the movie go more from the book than have fill-ins like other movies that are based on a Best Selling novel. If you read the book then you would understand every scene & especially the honeymoon scene. She is still human, vulnerable & very fragile compared to the super-strength of her now husband-he is vampire! It's a MOVIE for heaven's sake not a take off or example of spousal abuse. Mind you I agree there are women in abusive relationships from husbands that do not TRUE-LY love them (or wouldn't hurt them to begin with) and I hope they will turn to abuse alternative for help...but in this case- not the same. They are so head-over-hills in love & it is so obvious- he is devastated to see that he left a mark at all on her. Her unswaying love to her now husband, Edward, & his back to her, is every girls (woman's) dream come true. He is more concerned for Bella's happiness, he would do anything not to hurt her or let anyone else for that matter. I did think that Jacob's crying scene after seeing Bella (what they thought) dead should have been with more feeling. Wish it was 30 mins longer to give Twifans more. But over all, I was very pleased with the entire movie, directing & actors. I just hope part 2 is just a bit longer (3 hours wouldn't even be long enough!) to give more details with the story line, knowing it is the closing chapters to such a great Saga!! True Twifans should swoon over Breaking Dawn Part 1 Expand
CADScriticNov 18, 2011
WOW! I am not the average fan. I'm a sixteen year old boy who usually can't sit through any type of romance. However twilight was different. THIS twilight movie was by far the best of them all. It looked SO real at certain parts of the film,WOW! I am not the average fan. I'm a sixteen year old boy who usually can't sit through any type of romance. However twilight was different. THIS twilight movie was by far the best of them all. It looked SO real at certain parts of the film, and was quite a mindf**k. Even twilight haters might like this movie. There is some action that is quite brutal. There is Drama, suspense, everything! SO GOOD! Nice job Bill Condon! Expand
FinnaticJan 7, 2012
The Twilight Saga will never please everyone. Its built-in audience will be enraptured or enraged, depending on how faithful the material is to the books. For the rest of us, we look at these as romantic werewolf and vampire movies with theThe Twilight Saga will never please everyone. Its built-in audience will be enraptured or enraged, depending on how faithful the material is to the books. For the rest of us, we look at these as romantic werewolf and vampire movies with the occasional dash of action thrown in for good measure. Yes, there is some seriously suspect special effects and make-up work going on here, but if we can live with Tom Cruise in a blond wig, then I guess we can do the same for Peter Facinelli. Go see this movie if you have already seen the other two, otherwise move on to something that you might enjoy more (after consulting your friends on Metacritic, of course). The big sex scene is naughty enough but not too overwrought. I believe they should have tipped the housekeepers, but that's just my opinion. Expand
RedxLeaderNov 20, 2011
While certainly not the funniest comedy I have ever seen, Breaking Dawn does an admirable job of bringing on the laughs. From the way that actor Billy Burke (as Bella's father) manages to somehow look perpetually disinterested in beingWhile certainly not the funniest comedy I have ever seen, Breaking Dawn does an admirable job of bringing on the laughs. From the way that actor Billy Burke (as Bella's father) manages to somehow look perpetually disinterested in being associated in any way with every scene he is in, to just how much of a wimp Robert Pattison's (Edward) character is, you'll find it very hard not to have a smile on your face before the credits roll. Expand
MuhammadomerNov 28, 2011
I totally loved breaking dawn part 2. first of all, its a very mature movie. plus it is very very emotional and heart throbbing. the last 25 minutes of the movie are out of this world. maybe the best ending i have ever seen to a movie. atI totally loved breaking dawn part 2. first of all, its a very mature movie. plus it is very very emotional and heart throbbing. the last 25 minutes of the movie are out of this world. maybe the best ending i have ever seen to a movie. at last i just want to say "MOVE OVER HARRY POTTER" Expand
Gusk1Nov 18, 2011
I like to think I was saving myself for this room Dusk to Dawn, with all its promises of nonsense, as if the uterus of Bella Swan was busted open the doors for me this wonderful film and literary phenomenon, but the fact is that I have notI like to think I was saving myself for this room Dusk to Dawn, with all its promises of nonsense, as if the uterus of Bella Swan was busted open the doors for me this wonderful film and literary phenomenon, but the fact is that I have not seen the previous films in the saga of indifference. Expand
hollyvictoria19Jan 28, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie. I hadn't even seen the 3rd one but I still went to see it and I really liked it! It made me laugh (when the werewolves started talking like transformers), made me cover my eyes at the birth seen and it made me cryI really enjoyed this movie. I hadn't even seen the 3rd one but I still went to see it and I really liked it! It made me laugh (when the werewolves started talking like transformers), made me cover my eyes at the birth seen and it made me cry at the end! A great film and I considered seeing it again with another film but it had already been taken out of the cinemas by then. Can't wait for part 2! Expand
PersonWithAHatNov 20, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am still in shock based upon how gruesome and sexy Breaking Dawn Part One has been. This is the most significant departure for the series in every way. The direction, the sexual content, the gruesomeness, and the most shocking aspect of all is the acting. For once, Kristen Stewart is more defiant than ever and she looks very pale at the climax, which left a far more gruesome mark on me than when I had to witness her doing Edward. At the climax, Renesmee ( I literally yelled at the audience three times louder and louder, "STEPHENIE MEYER COULDN'T THINK OF A NAME!") gives a kick so forceful that Bella breaks her back and her legs, and the only people there to bear witness are Edward, Jacob, Rosalie, Alice, and Jasper. So, with Carlisle not there, Edward AND Jacob are forced to deliver Renesmee. Then, to make matters FAR worse, they use the only thing to help deliver Renesmee. EDWARD'S TEETH! He used his teeth to cut Renesmee out of Bella's stomach because of how fast-growing she was fast-growing in a matter of God knows how much time did she develop. Then, after delivering Renesmee, Bella is DEAD! Edward injects this **** shot of his venom directly into her heart. In a matter of day, after giving Bella so many hickeys containing his venom, she becomes a vampire and slowly improves on her posture. When she opens her eyes, THUNDEROUS ORCHESTRA!. her eyes are a rich red. My brother and I were so disturbed on how gruesomely sexy this film was. My best guess that why mom wasn't bothered for the gruesomeness on how Bella delivers Renesmee is because she gave birth to me and my three others siblings. I give this a seven for Breaking Dawn Part One for two reasons: Kristen Stewart finally trying to at least act and how much effort did Melissa Rosenberg (the screenwriter) and Bill Condon (the director) for trying to be as gruesome to still manage to make Breaking Dawn Part One a PG-13 rating Expand
tigger76Nov 19, 2011
WOWWWW Is all I can say.... Very interesting how they handled the love scenes and they did keep alot out from the book :-(. But overall I think they did a wonderful job with this movie and will be going back to see it again before it leavesWOWWWW Is all I can say.... Very interesting how they handled the love scenes and they did keep alot out from the book :-(. But overall I think they did a wonderful job with this movie and will be going back to see it again before it leaves the theater. Expand
TracieNov 19, 2011
I loved the movie it's one of my favorites, I have seen so far. Great job to all the people who made a awesome film. Cant wait tell part two come out.
cerebralcriticNov 19, 2011
This movie ranks with the best in the last decade. The subtle message of "love" at all costs" permeates a visual masterpiece of special effects and directing. Bella reminds us of Grace Kelly in her prime. Edward would have been better cast ifThis movie ranks with the best in the last decade. The subtle message of "love" at all costs" permeates a visual masterpiece of special effects and directing. Bella reminds us of Grace Kelly in her prime. Edward would have been better cast if played by Matt Damon, yet his character works and this is likely a testament to the excellent screenplay. The pace is crisp. The special effects are on par with any of the Potter series. The plot twists and mystery are cerebral and yet tender. This is a love story that has no equal. I can count at least 8 academy awards that are locks. I am just blown away by the elegance of this movie. Expand
Roswellmd77Nov 20, 2011
Will this movie disappoint me, unlike the book? was all I could think about before the opening scene. By the end credits I was beaming! I can't gave a full review here, so I will be brief! Bella makes me crazy in the books and Kristen StewartWill this movie disappoint me, unlike the book? was all I could think about before the opening scene. By the end credits I was beaming! I can't gave a full review here, so I will be brief! Bella makes me crazy in the books and Kristen Stewart really plays that well. In this movie Bella grew up! and so did the actors. They have evolved like their characters, it was great to see. Kristen did well in expressing Bella's emotions without saying a word. The family scenes at the wedding was hilarious, and nice to see all the actors working together in the same scenes. And I have to say the earth real wedding venue and honeymoon set designs alone deserves an Oscar nod!

Not to spoil the movie but there are scenes which were hard to watch but they were so wonderful done that you looked on anyway!

In ending the movie was true as it could be to the book, the acting has gotten more depth to it, the CGI done to almost perfection, wardrobe & set design well done and directing was brilliant!
WinnerwinNov 21, 2011
Very surprisingly good! I was impressed by pretty much everything. It was much better than the book because it focused on the good bits and left out the filler.
sasa994Nov 21, 2011
this movie is really amazing...i dont know what new to say,everybody in cinema is crying when edward wants to bring bella to life. Music is cool...effects is amazing, acting to...really good
ivan112011Nov 21, 2011
its was interesting movie and for me is the best twilight movie. i cant wait to see twilight breaking down part 2. Fans will be really happy. For me i like it
TianiaNov 25, 2011
Well I had a great time at the movies seeing this film. It has a bit of everything! If you like a bit of over the top drams and romance well this is definitely one for you!
Mike123Nov 25, 2011
Poor, flat acting. Characters were not discernible from previous. Could have been a totally different movie with different characters. Holes in plot. Intrusive soundtrack attempting to plug gaps. Unintentionally humorous. CGI had problemsPoor, flat acting. Characters were not discernible from previous. Could have been a totally different movie with different characters. Holes in plot. Intrusive soundtrack attempting to plug gaps. Unintentionally humorous. CGI had problems with scale during "fight scene". "Fight scene" packed in to liven up what is essentially a poorly acted romantic film. Expand
Violet56Nov 27, 2011
If you enjoy a bit of light hearted entertainment and a bit of romance and unusual drama (like me!) than this one is definitely for you! If not, it is probably better if you skip this one!!
thedude74Nov 30, 2011
This was actually my favorite Twilight movie so far. I didn't see any of them until last fall. Watched them with my sister and we both really liked the first one. I felt like the first half of the second one was good too, but overall notThis was actually my favorite Twilight movie so far. I didn't see any of them until last fall. Watched them with my sister and we both really liked the first one. I felt like the first half of the second one was good too, but overall not as good as the first. I thought the third one was awful. But this one? I really really enjoyed it. If you aren't into this sort of thing, you're not gonna like it. And if you are new to the series, don't start here. Saw it with someone who hadn't seen much of the other movies, and to them the first half hour was crazy boring, but to people who are into the story, it is great. Obviously, if you already know you don't like the Twilight movies or books, why would you ever go to this movie? You're not gonna like it. But if you are a fan, you will probably love it, and if you are the kind of person who likes movies in general as long as they are good for what they are meant to be, then you might enjoy it too, though you wouldn't want to start here, you'd want to go back and watch the movies from the start. Just watch out for that third movie. It stunk. Expand
JDDRBNov 30, 2011
I thought it was very good. Nicely shot with an interesting story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
bakhileshJan 31, 2012
Its always difficult to make a movie out of a book. Maybe because restrictions faced in penning down things are way different from those in bringing them alive on the screen. But yet again, there can be a slight difference and not changeIts always difficult to make a movie out of a book. Maybe because restrictions faced in penning down things are way different from those in bringing them alive on the screen. But yet again, there can be a slight difference and not change things drastically. This movie does follow this rule. Detailing is important in both the modes, books and movie, but the ways are different. The movie lacks this detailing. The director has tried to detail things in his way but they make things boring. The movie could have been a lot fast. This slow movie has Good Music (could have handled even better), Nice character handling and excellent cinematography make me rate this a 9. Collapse
mackdragon7Sep 30, 2012
Having Viewed This Movie Multiple Times, I Must Say That The Story Line, The Music, And The Masterful Details To Production - Direction, Bill Condon Was A Mastermind In This. I Dont Think This Movie Has Received The Overall Credit ItHaving Viewed This Movie Multiple Times, I Must Say That The Story Line, The Music, And The Masterful Details To Production - Direction, Bill Condon Was A Mastermind In This. I Dont Think This Movie Has Received The Overall Credit It Deserves. I Have No Trouble Saying, It May Be The Best Movie I've Seen - And I Have Seen A Lot Of Them... The Movie Seems To Have A Very Profound - Subtle Emotional Message And Content That Is Not Easy To Explain, But You Feel It... A Very Special Movei Expand
vini1904Aug 16, 2012
One of the most interesting of the series, maybe we will see an improvement in performance and the scenarios are still pleasant, the story is good.
mentalscreenDec 10, 2011
I´ve seen it once again and took the time to be aware more to the emotions of edward an bella. I guess they got the point to 100% - it was like reading the book again and feel it by watching the movie. I think they found a way toI´ve seen it once again and took the time to be aware more to the emotions of edward an bella. I guess they got the point to 100% - it was like reading the book again and feel it by watching the movie. I think they found a way to show the book as it is. If you don´t like the book, you won´t like the movie as it is as near to the book as no other movie before (perhaps besides one scene in the end)...
Well done adaptation and truly fitting in the series.
DozDec 12, 2011
First I hate this Part 1 & Part 2 thing. But in light of that, the story could not of unfolded in a more condensed format and still stayed true to the novels. When you stand back and look at what the Twilight saga is trying to achieve itFirst I hate this Part 1 & Part 2 thing. But in light of that, the story could not of unfolded in a more condensed format and still stayed true to the novels. When you stand back and look at what the Twilight saga is trying to achieve it does hit it mark quite well. Expand
allmoviesJan 3, 2012
Dear Stephanie Meyer, You Ripped off Buffy the vampire slayer and Southern Vampire Mysteries and have been far too successful with it. This films pacing is off, acting is wooden and there is no humour except for the terribly written dialogueDear Stephanie Meyer, You Ripped off Buffy the vampire slayer and Southern Vampire Mysteries and have been far too successful with it. This films pacing is off, acting is wooden and there is no humour except for the terribly written dialogue and ugly unconvincing CGI. Bella is barely a character and more of cardboard cut out, who really isn't a very good example to young women. This girl is badly harmed after having sex with her husband, but its ok cause he didn't mean to do it. That's very reminiscent of what a lot of women in physically abusive relationships say. It may be fantasy, but teenagers and younger are heavily influenced by what they read and watch so I'm gonna ask Stephanie Meyer.... Can you either stop writing books OR have Buffy (you already stole the characters romance why not the whole character) and have an empowering woman that teens can look up to and not feel repressed by her male counter parts. Expand