4.6

1. Dec 10, 2011
    This installment revolves around Bella and Edward's wedding, honeymoon and the troubled birth of their baby. The only supernatural action involves the angry transformations of the werewolf clan. Otherwise, it's the soap opera aspects of personal drama and concern. Director Bill Condon (best known for "Dreamgirls" and "Gods & Monsters") has brought his skill with performance andThis installment revolves around Bella and Edward's wedding, honeymoon and the troubled birth of their baby. The only supernatural action involves the angry transformations of the werewolf clan. Otherwise, it's the soap opera aspects of personal drama and concern. Director Bill Condon (best known for "Dreamgirls" and "Gods & Monsters") has brought his skill with performance and relationships to keep the interactions interesting. There's nothing brilliant here, but a continuation of the compelling story that's popular with so many. NOTE: Stay through the title credits at the end for a plot development. Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    I honestly don't mind the Twilight movies at all. I thought Twilight was ok, New Moon was good, and Eclipse wasn't that bad either (although probably the most pointless of the entire series). This movie though has to be the worst in the entire series. Not that it was truly bad but I honestly do not see how anyone could take this movie seriously. I had a smile on my face from start toI honestly don't mind the Twilight movies at all. I thought Twilight was ok, New Moon was good, and Eclipse wasn't that bad either (although probably the most pointless of the entire series). This movie though has to be the worst in the entire series. Not that it was truly bad but I honestly do not see how anyone could take this movie seriously. I had a smile on my face from start to finish and there were quite a few times I actually laughed because the movie was played off as being serious but was epicly failing to do so.

Besides that, It actually wasn't that bad. The acting is suprisingly solid, Probably the best it has been (and that's saying something) in the series. It was enjoyable to watch and that is coming from a 20 year old guy who loved action and horror movies.
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    An altogether depressing experience at this point.
  4. Nov 27, 2011
    Breaking Dawn Part 1 was a bit better than I expected it to be. Although it was slow at times, the story made sense. Prepare for a quick and strange ending though.
  5. Mar 4, 2012
    The Twilight series has always been the holy grail of movie making. They're cheaper to produce than your standard blockbuster, but raking in enormous amount of dough worldwide, averaging around $700 mill per movie! No wonder its producer decided to 'break' (no pun intended) its last book into two 'parts'. As with any such 'money grabbing' exercise, it ruins pacing completely. The first 45The Twilight series has always been the holy grail of movie making. They're cheaper to produce than your standard blockbuster, but raking in enormous amount of dough worldwide, averaging around $700 mill per movie! No wonder its producer decided to 'break' (no pun intended) its last book into two 'parts'. As with any such 'money grabbing' exercise, it ruins pacing completely. The first 45 min involves almost lingering shots of Bella having 'marriage' jitters. By around mid film, the actual plot started to move and BAM!! To be continued! Twilight fans will savor this pic but for those who don't really like it in the first place, no difference there. Expand
  6. Dec 3, 2011
    Surprisingly good. I like it, sweet. I don't get any serious problem with it. Reminds me to the first movie, and I though casts "increase" their performance.
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    I did not read the books. I have serious reservations in regards to this entire series. However, I did enjoy this film. The second act was absent of any excitement and instead the audience is presented with a film showing the lead character wasting away before our eyes. Where is the excitement in that? Within the first 2 minutes of the film, Lautner has his shirt off.......***insertI did not read the books. I have serious reservations in regards to this entire series. However, I did enjoy this film. The second act was absent of any excitement and instead the audience is presented with a film showing the lead character wasting away before our eyes. Where is the excitement in that? Within the first 2 minutes of the film, Lautner has his shirt off.......***insert rolling eyes here***. Still, this is another Twilight film that magically comes together and makes sense for it's target audience. While I don't fit into this demographic, I still could find some enjoyment out of all the fuss. Expand
  8. May 10, 2012
    I have a question. What made you get into the line to see thiz movie in the first place? Just to see good looking faces or you want to see Edward and Bella hot honeymoon. If that is the case then you have got it all. Finally, the end of thiz saga will be completed in thiz last chapter where the chain of major events occurs such as the wedding, Bella pregnancy and the last battle. RobertI have a question. What made you get into the line to see thiz movie in the first place? Just to see good looking faces or you want to see Edward and Bella hot honeymoon. If that is the case then you have got it all. Finally, the end of thiz saga will be completed in thiz last chapter where the chain of major events occurs such as the wedding, Bella pregnancy and the last battle. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are still in the spotlight, carrying their iconic figures. They both seem to have fun with their roles, however, their acting skills have shown either no decline or an improvement. Get ready for some mellow madness, because the story will grow more intimate. If you are a true fan of thiz franchise, you will be one of them who cheers and screams throughout the movie. You will see the marriage, the honeymoon night and yeah, a lot of kissing coming! What if you are not one of them? O ow! We have got a little problem here. You have definitely got into the wrong theater. Your nightmare is about to begin. It is pretty awkward and monotone to see the couple always flirt and pamper each other. I appreciate the first TWILIGHT (2008), there were some real romantic atmospheres there. But further and further away, the chemistry between Edward and Bella looks even more like badly overacting. It has already happened since NEW MOON (2009) and ECLIPSE (2010). It is Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black who gives a better performance. The other regular Cast members like Billy Burke, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed and Peter Facinelli made an exact impression of the previous movies. Three previous movies are directed by three different Directors and it happens in thiz sequel as well. Thiz time, the movie is directed by Bill Condon who is the man behind smash musical hit DREAMGIRLS in 2006. Cutting the last part into two movies was a terrible idea in the first place. Recently, HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS (2010-2011) had done the same, dividing their final installment into two movies but in that case it looked like a reasonable idea, considering the basic materials are too thick and so much to tell. But for Twilight Saga, thiz is totally insane. They have one purpose and one purpose only, to show more kissing and cheesy scenes. One word, it is awkward!

Visit My Blog on JONNY MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  9. Aug 7, 2015
    Al igual que Eclipse, Breaking Dawn Part 1 es un capitulo mas innecesario, aburrido, ridículo, tedioso y sin grandes sorpresas, Harry Potter dividió su ultima película en 2 partes (y funciono) pero esta primera parte es solo un relleno mas para llegar a la conclusión y al igual que Eclipse, lo mas "emocionante" son los 30 minutos finales...
  10. Nov 18, 2011
    The books are like traveling back in time to age 16 with all the good and bad fallout. The movies are pretty faithful to the books, so you should have a good idea what to expect before you go. I went for a two hour time trip back to my high school years and I wasn't disappointed.
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    Definitely one for the fans only and unlike Harry Potter fans (who complained to the ends of the earth about what was not included only to suddenly jump and down to defend it when Twilight is mentioned), Twilight fans will defend this for eternity and against all opponents. Admirable but still delusional since Twilight in general hasn't been well treated by the studio and filmakers behindDefinitely one for the fans only and unlike Harry Potter fans (who complained to the ends of the earth about what was not included only to suddenly jump and down to defend it when Twilight is mentioned), Twilight fans will defend this for eternity and against all opponents. Admirable but still delusional since Twilight in general hasn't been well treated by the studio and filmakers behind it because it has becoming something more to mock than respect. All this aside, I was surprised by Part 1 because despite the cold critical reception I found it to be rather enjoyable. Ok it's baffling why Bella always acts conflicted and miserable when there are moments she should really be alot happier, the talking wolves are a bad joke and Meyer's take on pregnancy and birth here raise eyebrows. But having said that, the wedding scenes work very well, the honey moon part is amusing for both the right and wrong reasons and the pregnancy itself is portrayed from the source material probably as best it can. Don't get me wrong, it's a film that many won't like and Twilight haters should stay out of sight. Let the Twi-hards be with their film. Expand
  12. Sep 8, 2012
    Well, what can I say? It isn't as good as Eclipse, but it isn't as godawful as New Moon. This, I only enjoyed, not entirely pleased, but I cannot say I didn't like it. It desrves the 6 I gave it, but sincerely I expected that from this point on, I was willing to give a 9 already. Now let's see what The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -part 2 has to offer this autumn.
  13. Nov 26, 2011
    It can be considered in two different ways: a movie about a teenage and her undying love for an undead who wants to be changed into a vampire to stop her aging while living amongst a strange fantasy world that not even your concerned parents can know about. Or it can be considered as one of the boldest and daring twilight film to date considering the maturity of the subject about pregnancyIt can be considered in two different ways: a movie about a teenage and her undying love for an undead who wants to be changed into a vampire to stop her aging while living amongst a strange fantasy world that not even your concerned parents can know about. Or it can be considered as one of the boldest and daring twilight film to date considering the maturity of the subject about pregnancy and Bella's pro-life choice. Either way, its not a twilight movie without some of its moments. Moments that do shine are more towards the beginning (the wedding scene and her romantic-"painful" honeymoon) and the 20 mins that happened at the last part (the most disturbing birth scene that I've seen since Rosemary's Baby). The movie is more melodramatic and full of humorous moments (intentional or unintentional) from Jacob's pack to his imprinting which shows that Taylor's best acting was in Eclipse. Kristen Stewart does have the vain she showed in New Moon, in her expressions of a skeleton-like figure she does however show quiet determination which is probably her best acting in this series. During the end, the birth scene is incredibly powerful and disturbing: bones cracking, Bella's agony and scream for the baby to come out, Rosalie's attempt to save her but ultimately cause more stress while the two suitors comfort and take position in helping the dying Bella. Bottomline: Hardcore fans only! It still doesn't improve on the script but you don't consider it due to the fact that its actually mature, darker and deeper in meaning then the three other films. Its a well-made film, has a likeable main character and has a strong message (not to marry young and always wear protection whether it be an 100-something vampire) about pro-life BUT is bogged down by the dialogue and script Expand
  14. Dec 12, 2011
    It's not that it's really that bad but really this is still really immature and boring plot about vampires and werewolves and an annoying whiney depressed teen that is caught in between it all. The movie had some action and fighting but the entire feeling of the movie killed it and annoys you.
  15. Mar 3, 2012
    Here is when my theory gets proved. Sequels are made for bad movies. This is the worst Movie of them 4 , what a bad script. This movie is just compensated by the effects that i have to admit are quite impressive. But the story is Garbage. I'm truly disappointed by these one, i was hopping to see more sparkle between the characters.
  16. Feb 4, 2012
    Well, for some inexplicable reason I went to see â
  17. Jan 4, 2012
    I got a kindle for christmas two years ago and read all the twilight books in an 8 hour stretch because they happened to be on sale. I'd forgotten how ridiculous some of the plot (particularly the baby's name) is in the story. I think the director and screen writers stayed to close to the plot and original (bad) writing and didn't clean it up for the wider movie audience. I think theseI got a kindle for christmas two years ago and read all the twilight books in an 8 hour stretch because they happened to be on sale. I'd forgotten how ridiculous some of the plot (particularly the baby's name) is in the story. I think the director and screen writers stayed to close to the plot and original (bad) writing and didn't clean it up for the wider movie audience. I think these choices made the movie worse than it could have been. Still, being that I overall enjoyed the ridiculous fluff of the books, I'll probably see the final part 2 as well. Expand
  18. Feb 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I must say I appreciate Bill Condon's vision for Breaking Dawn Part 1, but unfortunately his vision wasn't enough to redeem the Twilight saga from past failures.
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 is by far the most mature and visually fascinating movie of the franchise thus far. It's satisfying to see improvements in many areas including the acting, and dialogue and pleasing to be able to enjoy memorable scenes from the book that work on screen.
    There wasn't one boring moment which seemed to be one of the many problems in it's predecessors, but it created another problem. Though it was the shortest of all Twilight films, it had much to cover and packing it into not even two hours wasn't the best solution. I found many scenes cut way too short which is very unfortunate because the emotion and tension created in many of the scenes, such as Bella and Edward making love for the first time, were like nothing Twilight fans ever experienced before, while others, such as the werewolves speaking telepathically, created great tension but made me feel like I was watching a melodramatic cartoon.
    The acting was greatly improved. Kristin Stewart's performance walking down the isle at her wedding ceremony was very relieving and surprising to be honest. It might not be the performance of the year, but she created the emotion in that scene. I never thought Robert Pattinson needed much improvement but you definitely get a greater feel of what he's capable of in terms of his performance, and Taylor Lautner, although it wasn't the best, improved which was all we could ask for. There are plenty of laughs and memorable moments. Maybe too many for one movie. Breaking Dawn Part 1 wasn't the best of the saga, but it wasn't the worst. There was enough to be satisfied but too much in too little time to create the movie we were all hoping for.
  19. Sep 1, 2012
    It's not this bad. It had a solid love story, everything else is just not good. The actors are all too "pretty", I don't like these vampires at all. The only thing I like here are those werewolves. I never watched previous movies from this saga. But all in all, it deserves a 5, MAYBE even a 6, but that's it.
  20. Jul 21, 2012
    The first thing I felt when the movie ended was disappointment. As a huge fan of the books I expected more from the first installment of the last book. Breaking Dawn is my favorite book in the Whole series and frankly I thought it could be so much better. I absolutely love the cast but some scenes were so bad in terms of acting like the first scene between Edward and Bella. Bill CondonThe first thing I felt when the movie ended was disappointment. As a huge fan of the books I expected more from the first installment of the last book. Breaking Dawn is my favorite book in the Whole series and frankly I thought it could be so much better. I absolutely love the cast but some scenes were so bad in terms of acting like the first scene between Edward and Bella. Bill Condon left so many important details out. Some scenes that were so emotionally strong for me in the book were a joke in the movie like the wolves gathering which was suppose to be a big turn in jacobs' life and perspective. That scene in the book was sad and uneasy: Jacob had to make a huge choice that I think starts his maturity through the book. The honeymoon could be a lot better and the chess scenes were unnecessasry. The wedding scene were amazing. The dress was fabulous. The birth scene could be so much better if the director was more daring. This movie could be raised to a whole new level but the director didn't use the potential of the book in the movie. There were some great scenes but overall after watching this movie again I can say that I was disappointed. I am still waiting for the last movie so much and hope that it will be better then the first. So far from first looks i have what to look forward to ;) Expand
  21. Nov 27, 2011
    If you follow the books you will like this movie more than the average non book reading person. If you only follow the movies, you might be disappointed. Overall it is middle of the road for me! Not the best, but not the worst out of the series. Still trying to decide if Alice's new hairstyle is hot, or F'd up;)...
  22. Dec 16, 2011
    If this movie stood alone, without the love that a fan would have for the characters, the actors, and or the books, it would be deemed horrible. But since we do love this fantasy, many love the film. Just dont count me as one that does.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    I loved the books and yes I have seen all of the movies on opening day. My friend and I laughed through the whole movie on Friday. I didn't realize "Breaking Dawn" was going to be a comedy. I do still love the books and the story, but it does not make for a great movie. The movie just leaves out way too much and they had to take out many of the important parts to keep it PG-13. The movieI loved the books and yes I have seen all of the movies on opening day. My friend and I laughed through the whole movie on Friday. I didn't realize "Breaking Dawn" was going to be a comedy. I do still love the books and the story, but it does not make for a great movie. The movie just leaves out way too much and they had to take out many of the important parts to keep it PG-13. The movie misses many of the important themes discussed in the book. The movie was not able to portray the real story. Would I watch it again? . . . yes. I still love the books. Like my friend said. "The movie was so bad, it was actually good." Expand
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    It seems like every time I ask someone what they thought of this movie I either get a really positive or really negative review. I am going to be 100% honest when I say I am a die hard twilight fan. I love the characters and the story. I must say that I was expecting something a lot different from what I saw at the midnight release. The main parts I remember in the movie are wedding, honeyIt seems like every time I ask someone what they thought of this movie I either get a really positive or really negative review. I am going to be 100% honest when I say I am a die hard twilight fan. I love the characters and the story. I must say that I was expecting something a lot different from what I saw at the midnight release. The main parts I remember in the movie are wedding, honey moon, and birth. I will tell you one thing, they certainly did push an R rating for this movie. It some parts towards the end it is simply disturbing and I was left with disgusting images of a very sick Bella. I felt a lot of emotions during this movie. I liked the intense scenes and I like how Bella had seemed to found her voice. This is by no means my favorite movie though. I think the previous movie, Eclipse, was a lot better written and produced. This movie is better then the first installment, Twilight, but not by much. I am very disappointed with that I saw. I hope that the next movie is more light hearted and uplifting then this one because I would had for the series to end like this one did. The ending was drawn out and obviously easy to guess. A 5/10 is my best rating. Expand
  25. Nov 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to chuckle at one review I'm reading right now, who says this movie should be viewed as "light hearted entertainment. Breaking Dawn - Part 1 has nothing light about it, except for the few scenes in which the director tries to make you laugh. With an overall grim tone, and plenty of soap operatic drama for all, the latest Twilight movie does manage to keep you watching the whole thing, if you didn't already want to run before it started.

The major issue I had with the movie is that the plot is very light. In terms of events, we had a wedding, a single night of sex, and a birth. Oh, and throw in some twisted dreams that I'm sure had Kristen Stewart shuddering herself. While the movie attempts to stretch this out, coming in at just under two hours, much of it seems needless, as though they are trying to convince you that it's really not just a money grab by splitting it into two movies.

There are moments that I enjoyed. Robert Pattinson manages to create a good role out of not such great opportunities, as his brooding character portrayals are getting better. The emotions evoked by much of the main cast are spot on. Billy Burke claims most of the movie's humour, with his quips to Edward, and they are quite enjoyable. Not being a huge fan of the series, these moments kept me entertained for the most part.

Special effects are dreary, to say the least, but those expecting great special effects for a movie that is more about the inability of many characters to emote, are in the wrong theatre. This inability is dealt with in this movie, which is what helps its view-ability.

I did not watch New Moon, or Eclipse, having sworn off the series after seeing Twilight. However, with Breaking Dawn - Part 1, I feel as though I can now go to Part 2 next year, give them more of my money, and enjoy myself. That is the point of the movie, so despite its problems, it succeeds.

Oh, and P.S. If you don't normally stay for credits, please do this time.
  26. Dec 8, 2011
    It was like a torture: not like you get your hand cut off, it's more like someone takes a needle and pokes you. The music TERRIBLE. I want my money back.

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Nov 23, 2011
    Bill Condon (Dreamgirls, Chicago, Gods and Monsters) takes over the directing reins for these final two parts; his most noteworthy contribution to the series so far is a terrifyingly staged birth scene that should turn the teen fan base off of sex altogether … which is precisely what this whole dumb, punishing series has been gunning for from the start.
    In any case, the last twenty minutes of Breaking Dawn are so harrowing that it's possible to forget that most of the acting is soap-operatic (the guy who plays Carlisle is aging to look like Liberace) and the dialogue from hunger. The movie's that primal.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 19, 2011
    One seriously sick little blockbuster.