4.6

1. Nov 20, 2011
    Breaking Dawn, Part I has negative moments that gives nothing for the series, it takes us way too serious to understand. The wooden characters are rehashing the same dialogue since the last three movies. I still can't believe that these two couples are doing over and over again and we were sick the entire premise that gives us more hint that we feel we want something new. This movie failsBreaking Dawn, Part I has negative moments that gives nothing for the series, it takes us way too serious to understand. The wooden characters are rehashing the same dialogue since the last three movies. I still can't believe that these two couples are doing over and over again and we were sick the entire premise that gives us more hint that we feel we want something new. This movie fails for pushing the boundary of PG-13 to R Rated flick. There's a sex scene were Edward and Bella are making out that there's no PG-13 to put it like this. The story is so dumb, too goofable, and too horrendous at the same time. It still couldn't get better that we seen these movies in hundred times before. This movie is dumb and stupid, but it's for only tween girls only to enjoy until Part II. And for us, we must ignore it until it finished, but don't worry people, it will done soon. Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    What GARBAGE! I saw this movie for free, just to join a friend, but I really felt like walking out to get the money back. Like all other films before it, this movie only caters to the horny little tramps that are in love with these horrific so called "Actors" that portray the roles of vamps and wolfs. Once again, complete garbage from start to finish. Unless you're a lonely house wife orWhat GARBAGE! I saw this movie for free, just to join a friend, but I really felt like walking out to get the money back. Like all other films before it, this movie only caters to the horny little tramps that are in love with these horrific so called "Actors" that portray the roles of vamps and wolfs. Once again, complete garbage from start to finish. Unless you're a lonely house wife or an Elementary school student, or a very lonely Middle school/High School girl, then everyone else will be rating this a perfect 10... but to all others that know better... a -0. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2012
    This was just terrible only watch this or anymore if your a fan. Worst movie of the series, nothing interesting happens, this movie is an abomination. Looking at the other user reviews your either going to be a fan boy or a hater.
  4. Jun 4, 2012
    Sat down with Claire - who's seen all the previous ones at the cinema - and both of us laughed and smirked our way through it. First half is tortuous, second half a little better but generally **** throughout. Claire said it was the worst film she'd ever seen.
  5. Feb 26, 2012
    A movie that is largely aimed at teenage girls, and is showing sex. Really? Is this what the world really needs? Shame on you Stephanie Meyer.
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    Another disappointing sequel, from start to finish, clearly aimed at young teen aged girls, who love the cast members more than the actual movie. The special effects left a lot to be desired, the film concentrates too much on teenage love drama, and forgets to add relevant action sequences to at least keep the non fans audience entertained. This film is aimed straight at the core fanAnother disappointing sequel, from start to finish, clearly aimed at young teen aged girls, who love the cast members more than the actual movie. The special effects left a lot to be desired, the film concentrates too much on teenage love drama, and forgets to add relevant action sequences to at least keep the non fans audience entertained. This film is aimed straight at the core fan base, its a cash cow with little investment and effort. Expand
  7. Feb 18, 2012
    Ok this movie is utter garbage. The only good movie of the three, is the first one. It's been almost 1:20 and not a single death. The first 35 min is the wedding, another 30 min of a honeymoon and another hour of Bella being prego. JUNK!!
  8. Dec 10, 2011
    This installment revolves around Bella and Edward's wedding, honeymoon and the troubled birth of their baby. The only supernatural action involves the angry transformations of the werewolf clan. Otherwise, it's the soap opera aspects of personal drama and concern. Director Bill Condon (best known for "Dreamgirls" and "Gods & Monsters") has brought his skill with performance andThis installment revolves around Bella and Edward's wedding, honeymoon and the troubled birth of their baby. The only supernatural action involves the angry transformations of the werewolf clan. Otherwise, it's the soap opera aspects of personal drama and concern. Director Bill Condon (best known for "Dreamgirls" and "Gods & Monsters") has brought his skill with performance and relationships to keep the interactions interesting. There's nothing brilliant here, but a continuation of the compelling story that's popular with so many. NOTE: Stay through the title credits at the end for a plot development. Expand
  9. Jan 7, 2012
    The Twilight Saga will never please everyone. Its built-in audience will be enraptured or enraged, depending on how faithful the material is to the books. For the rest of us, we look at these as romantic werewolf and vampire movies with the occasional dash of action thrown in for good measure. Yes, there is some seriously suspect special effects and make-up work going on here, but if weThe Twilight Saga will never please everyone. Its built-in audience will be enraptured or enraged, depending on how faithful the material is to the books. For the rest of us, we look at these as romantic werewolf and vampire movies with the occasional dash of action thrown in for good measure. Yes, there is some seriously suspect special effects and make-up work going on here, but if we can live with Tom Cruise in a blond wig, then I guess we can do the same for Peter Facinelli. Go see this movie if you have already seen the other two, otherwise move on to something that you might enjoy more (after consulting your friends on Metacritic, of course). The big sex scene is naughty enough but not too overwrought. I believe they should have tipped the housekeepers, but that's just my opinion. Expand
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    Definitely one for the fans only and unlike Harry Potter fans (who complained to the ends of the earth about what was not included only to suddenly jump and down to defend it when Twilight is mentioned), Twilight fans will defend this for eternity and against all opponents. Admirable but still delusional since Twilight in general hasn't been well treated by the studio and filmakers behindDefinitely one for the fans only and unlike Harry Potter fans (who complained to the ends of the earth about what was not included only to suddenly jump and down to defend it when Twilight is mentioned), Twilight fans will defend this for eternity and against all opponents. Admirable but still delusional since Twilight in general hasn't been well treated by the studio and filmakers behind it because it has becoming something more to mock than respect. All this aside, I was surprised by Part 1 because despite the cold critical reception I found it to be rather enjoyable. Ok it's baffling why Bella always acts conflicted and miserable when there are moments she should really be alot happier, the talking wolves are a bad joke and Meyer's take on pregnancy and birth here raise eyebrows. But having said that, the wedding scenes work very well, the honey moon part is amusing for both the right and wrong reasons and the pregnancy itself is portrayed from the source material probably as best it can. Don't get me wrong, it's a film that many won't like and Twilight haters should stay out of sight. Let the Twi-hards be with their film. Expand
  11. Nov 18, 2011
    Wow, a movie that makes "Jack and Jill" look like high art. Boyfriends everywhere beware, it is better to dump your girlfriend than to let he make you watch this. Certainly the least "vampire like" vampire movie I have ever seen. May as well be a two hour spot for teen bride magazine.
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    I went into it, not seeing any of the previous ones, and not knowing what to expect. My girlfriend wanted to see it, so I said whatever and went. I knew it wasn't going to be good, but like, really... This was possibly, the worst movie, I have seen, in, my, life. Just...don't.
  13. May 10, 2012
    I have a question. What made you get into the line to see thiz movie in the first place? Just to see good looking faces or you want to see Edward and Bella hot honeymoon. If that is the case then you have got it all. Finally, the end of thiz saga will be completed in thiz last chapter where the chain of major events occurs such as the wedding, Bella pregnancy and the last battle. RobertI have a question. What made you get into the line to see thiz movie in the first place? Just to see good looking faces or you want to see Edward and Bella hot honeymoon. If that is the case then you have got it all. Finally, the end of thiz saga will be completed in thiz last chapter where the chain of major events occurs such as the wedding, Bella pregnancy and the last battle. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are still in the spotlight, carrying their iconic figures. They both seem to have fun with their roles, however, their acting skills have shown either no decline or an improvement. Get ready for some mellow madness, because the story will grow more intimate. If you are a true fan of thiz franchise, you will be one of them who cheers and screams throughout the movie. You will see the marriage, the honeymoon night and yeah, a lot of kissing coming! What if you are not one of them? O ow! We have got a little problem here. You have definitely got into the wrong theater. Your nightmare is about to begin. It is pretty awkward and monotone to see the couple always flirt and pamper each other. I appreciate the first TWILIGHT (2008), there were some real romantic atmospheres there. But further and further away, the chemistry between Edward and Bella looks even more like badly overacting. It has already happened since NEW MOON (2009) and ECLIPSE (2010). It is Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black who gives a better performance. The other regular Cast members like Billy Burke, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed and Peter Facinelli made an exact impression of the previous movies. Three previous movies are directed by three different Directors and it happens in thiz sequel as well. Thiz time, the movie is directed by Bill Condon who is the man behind smash musical hit DREAMGIRLS in 2006. Cutting the last part into two movies was a terrible idea in the first place. Recently, HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS (2010-2011) had done the same, dividing their final installment into two movies but in that case it looked like a reasonable idea, considering the basic materials are too thick and so much to tell. But for Twilight Saga, thiz is totally insane. They have one purpose and one purpose only, to show more kissing and cheesy scenes. One word, it is awkward!

Visit My Blog on JONNY MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  14. Nov 18, 2011
    Once again I was pleased to see the movie go more from the book than have fill-ins like other movies that are based on a Best Selling novel. If you read the book then you would understand every scene & especially the honeymoon scene. She is still human, vulnerable & very fragile compared to the super-strength of her now husband-he is vampire! It's a MOVIE for heaven's sake not a take offOnce again I was pleased to see the movie go more from the book than have fill-ins like other movies that are based on a Best Selling novel. If you read the book then you would understand every scene & especially the honeymoon scene. She is still human, vulnerable & very fragile compared to the super-strength of her now husband-he is vampire! It's a MOVIE for heaven's sake not a take off or example of spousal abuse. Mind you I agree there are women in abusive relationships from husbands that do not TRUE-LY love them (or wouldn't hurt them to begin with) and I hope they will turn to abuse alternative for help...but in this case- not the same. They are so head-over-hills in love & it is so obvious- he is devastated to see that he left a mark at all on her. Her unswaying love to her now husband, Edward, & his back to her, is every girls (woman's) dream come true. He is more concerned for Bella's happiness, he would do anything not to hurt her or let anyone else for that matter. I did think that Jacob's crying scene after seeing Bella (what they thought) dead should have been with more feeling. Wish it was 30 mins longer to give Twifans more. But over all, I was very pleased with the entire movie, directing & actors. I just hope part 2 is just a bit longer (3 hours wouldn't even be long enough!) to give more details with the story line, knowing it is the closing chapters to such a great Saga!! True Twifans should swoon over Breaking Dawn Part 1 Expand
  15. Dec 3, 2011
    Surprisingly good. I like it, sweet. I don't get any serious problem with it. Reminds me to the first movie, and I though casts "increase" their performance.
  16. Jan 30, 2013
    As far as the series goes, this movie was by far the worst. The first movie was nice because it was a refreshing fantasy romance novelty. Boy meets girl. Girl discovers that boy is a vampire. Evil vampire chases girl for blood. Boy and family kill evil vampire. After that movie, the rest of the films just took a jump off a clip. The rest of the movies just use the same recycledAs far as the series goes, this movie was by far the worst. The first movie was nice because it was a refreshing fantasy romance novelty. Boy meets girl. Girl discovers that boy is a vampire. Evil vampire chases girl for blood. Boy and family kill evil vampire. After that movie, the rest of the films just took a jump off a clip. The rest of the movies just use the same recycled plot. We spend 3/4 of the movie listening to dialog. Finally at the end, there's a big vampire fight and the good guys win.

I can live with that, but do they really have to give us the same old bland story for every movie? In this story, we spend roughly half of the movie watching a newlywed couple make love in the bed, the livingroom, the beach, and everywhere else they can think of. C'mmon...I'm eating nachos and I don't want to puke before the end of the movie. After THAT was finally over, we spend the next 35% of the movie talking about how Bella might DIE! At the end...WHEW! She's not dead! Of course no Twilight movie would be complete without a big battle with werewolves and vampires. The dogs look as artificial as ever. The vampires fight like they all have chronic constipation. Oh yeah, the good guys win...but there really aren't any real bad guys and there really isn't much at stake. It's just a big pointless fight with two groups of people that hate each other. They might as well wear gangster hats and sagging pants.
  17. Nov 18, 2011
    The books are like traveling back in time to age 16 with all the good and bad fallout. The movies are pretty faithful to the books, so you should have a good idea what to expect before you go. I went for a two hour time trip back to my high school years and I wasn't disappointed.
  18. Dec 2, 2011
    Twilight: Breaking Dawn is the best movie in the series so far. Kristen and Robert's relationship actually feels real, and the acting is better than any of the other movies. The CGI is great for small touches, and the wolves look great. The music works sometimes, but other times contradicts the mood. Overall, it's a great movie, and I recommend it.
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    I did not read the books. I have serious reservations in regards to this entire series. However, I did enjoy this film. The second act was absent of any excitement and instead the audience is presented with a film showing the lead character wasting away before our eyes. Where is the excitement in that? Within the first 2 minutes of the film, Lautner has his shirt off.......***insertI did not read the books. I have serious reservations in regards to this entire series. However, I did enjoy this film. The second act was absent of any excitement and instead the audience is presented with a film showing the lead character wasting away before our eyes. Where is the excitement in that? Within the first 2 minutes of the film, Lautner has his shirt off.......***insert rolling eyes here***. Still, this is another Twilight film that magically comes together and makes sense for it's target audience. While I don't fit into this demographic, I still could find some enjoyment out of all the fuss. Expand
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    This movie really is for the fans of the books. I hate the way others try to spoil it for them by constantly putting it down. If it is not your cup of tea...fine...but why all the hate? Get over it! I'm glad the fans love it so much as it is portrayed exactly as the books described. Well done to them for being true.
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely loved it! This movie is all about sheer light hearted entertainment . Anybody who takes this seriously should really get their heads examined!! I'm talking about all those people who can not just go to the movies for a bit of fun!! Lighten up people! It is not supposed to be all serious. I like how this movie did not try to be anything other than what is is. Fun.
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this movie was way better than than the previous movies in the series. People need to give some credit where it is due and it is definitely due here!
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    Really enjoyed it! It was cheesy and melodramatic and humorous! Exactly what I was hoping for!! Loved every moment of it! Completely delivered the book.
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    While certainly not the funniest comedy I have ever seen, Breaking Dawn does an admirable job of bringing on the laughs. From the way that actor Billy Burke (as Bella's father) manages to somehow look perpetually disinterested in being associated in any way with every scene he is in, to just how much of a wimp Robert Pattison's (Edward) character is, you'll find it very hard not to have aWhile certainly not the funniest comedy I have ever seen, Breaking Dawn does an admirable job of bringing on the laughs. From the way that actor Billy Burke (as Bella's father) manages to somehow look perpetually disinterested in being associated in any way with every scene he is in, to just how much of a wimp Robert Pattison's (Edward) character is, you'll find it very hard not to have a smile on your face before the credits roll. Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2011
    Another great sequel from a great novel! The acting from Mr. Pattinson outshines the other talented cast, with hilarious speeches! The successor of part 1. should unravel more of this epic series.
  26. Nov 28, 2011
    I take it these are all big teenage twilight fans wrting reviews because their all 10's and thats stupid. These movies are a joke. This is supposed to be modern day cinema? My god. These movies are terrible, ill admit Robert Pattinson can act but definitely notin these movies, Kristen Stewart is just ok, but seriously? Why is Taylor Lautner an actor? Hes garbage, oh yeah thats right cuz ofI take it these are all big teenage twilight fans wrting reviews because their all 10's and thats stupid. These movies are a joke. This is supposed to be modern day cinema? My god. These movies are terrible, ill admit Robert Pattinson can act but definitely notin these movies, Kristen Stewart is just ok, but seriously? Why is Taylor Lautner an actor? Hes garbage, oh yeah thats right cuz of the steroids hes on. I wish my gf did not want to see this because it was so bad, i even fell asleep on multiple occasions. The movie just drags and drags and you hope for something to happen but nope, juet another boring scene after another. Whatever happened to vampires not being gay and glittery? Absolute garbage, hated it with a passion Expand
  27. Nov 18, 2011
    Female porn in a PG-13 format, plain and simple. The women who can't get enough of these movies must lead sad, lonely lives. Why watch this garbage? The characters are dull. The story is laughable. The dialogue is flat and predictable. I'll never understand the attraction to this crap.
  28. Nov 26, 2011
    It can be considered in two different ways: a movie about a teenage and her undying love for an undead who wants to be changed into a vampire to stop her aging while living amongst a strange fantasy world that not even your concerned parents can know about. Or it can be considered as one of the boldest and daring twilight film to date considering the maturity of the subject about pregnancyIt can be considered in two different ways: a movie about a teenage and her undying love for an undead who wants to be changed into a vampire to stop her aging while living amongst a strange fantasy world that not even your concerned parents can know about. Or it can be considered as one of the boldest and daring twilight film to date considering the maturity of the subject about pregnancy and Bella's pro-life choice. Either way, its not a twilight movie without some of its moments. Moments that do shine are more towards the beginning (the wedding scene and her romantic-"painful" honeymoon) and the 20 mins that happened at the last part (the most disturbing birth scene that I've seen since Rosemary's Baby). The movie is more melodramatic and full of humorous moments (intentional or unintentional) from Jacob's pack to his imprinting which shows that Taylor's best acting was in Eclipse. Kristen Stewart does have the vain she showed in New Moon, in her expressions of a skeleton-like figure she does however show quiet determination which is probably her best acting in this series. During the end, the birth scene is incredibly powerful and disturbing: bones cracking, Bella's agony and scream for the baby to come out, Rosalie's attempt to save her but ultimately cause more stress while the two suitors comfort and take position in helping the dying Bella. Bottomline: Hardcore fans only! It still doesn't improve on the script but you don't consider it due to the fact that its actually mature, darker and deeper in meaning then the three other films. Its a well-made film, has a likeable main character and has a strong message (not to marry young and always wear protection whether it be an 100-something vampire) about pro-life BUT is bogged down by the dialogue and script Expand
  29. Nov 18, 2011
    Dear Stephanie Meyer, You Ripped off Buffy the vampire slayer and Southern Vampire Mysteries and have been far too successful with it. [2] The worst movie ever made in the Universe
  30. Nov 23, 2011
    Worst movie ever!
    its so cheesy and soul less! Worst movie ever!
    its so cheesy and soul less!
  31. Nov 28, 2011
    I totally loved breaking dawn part 2. first of all, its a very mature movie. plus it is very very emotional and heart throbbing. the last 25 minutes of the movie are out of this world. maybe the best ending i have ever seen to a movie. at last i just want to say "MOVE OVER HARRY POTTER"
  32. Nov 25, 2011
    I have only one thing to say about the twilight saga it has started to stink and the most wonder full thing is that breaking dawn sucks like any thing. The story is a boredom and stupid and the star cast also looks stupid while they act in their idiotic character in a stupid film. My advice is don't ever watch this movie it will eat your brain because its a mindless movie. From me thisI have only one thing to say about the twilight saga it has started to stink and the most wonder full thing is that breaking dawn sucks like any thing. The story is a boredom and stupid and the star cast also looks stupid while they act in their idiotic character in a stupid film. My advice is don't ever watch this movie it will eat your brain because its a mindless movie. From me this movie deserves a big stupid zero. Expand
  33. Nov 21, 2011
    i can not believe people can watch this... I think this movie is for the "fans" of the twilight only iam sorry but iam not a person to give this low score but this is just bad.
  34. Dec 2, 2011
    Bottom Line: Excruciating drop from Eclipse; utter disappointment for anyone but â
  35. Nov 28, 2011
    Don't waste your time with this. Sex Scenes and Blood. That is what this movie is. Twiilight has RIPPED OFF Harry Potter with the 2 part final movie crap.
  36. Nov 19, 2011
    Very bored, is a picture only for fans and made for fans, the directors dont offers nothing new and the actors are for crying. The history is horrible i dont understand why is so popular. Under your own risk to see
  37. Nov 18, 2011
    I like to think I was saving myself for this room Dusk to Dawn, with all its promises of nonsense, as if the uterus of Bella Swan was busted open the doors for me this wonderful film and literary phenomenon, but the fact is that I have not seen the previous films in the saga of indifference.
  38. Jan 28, 2012
    I really enjoyed this movie. I hadn't even seen the 3rd one but I still went to see it and I really liked it! It made me laugh (when the werewolves started talking like transformers), made me cover my eyes at the birth seen and it made me cry at the end! A great film and I considered seeing it again with another film but it had already been taken out of the cinemas by then. Can't wait for part 2!
  39. Dec 18, 2011
    If the production of this so called saga is getting better, the same cannot be said about the storyline. Possessing some ridiculous plot twists and devoid of a meaningful narrative, "The Twilight Series" finally hits the rock bottom with "Breaking Dawn, part 1"
  40. Dec 2, 2011
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 will wast you valuable 117 min from your life ! This is not a movie,its just a pain .Everything in this movie sucks . I mean seriously ? really ? Bill Condon congrats you have become top of my worst director ever . As for the actors , Please take acting lessons (specialty Rob , Kristy and T Lau) if they want i will pay but please don't stand inThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 will wast you valuable 117 min from your life ! This is not a movie,its just a pain .Everything in this movie sucks . I mean seriously ? really ? Bill Condon congrats you have become top of my worst director ever . As for the actors , Please take acting lessons (specialty Rob , Kristy and T Lau) if they want i will pay but please don't stand in front of a camera until that . They only thing i like was the two soundtrack from the first part and others sucks !
    I actually liked the first part but now i regret it !
    P.S. : say hello to Golden Raspberry coz TTS:BD P1 will wil every single Award there !
  41. Nov 27, 2011
    Sorry I meant to give it a 0.
    Alucard (Dracula's son) could kick Edwards a*s.
  42. Feb 11, 2012
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, this film is simply insurpotavel simply because the actors are bad and boring and also has special effects that many are ridiculous and the blood is too fake, another reason is that the makeup is horrible
  43. Feb 3, 2012
    Man i laugh so hard during this movie. It was a lot funnier than the first three. they where funny too. Hold on my wife just told me that they where not comedy movies. Man that sucks now they are not funny any more. They are just plain DUMB!!!!!!!!!! 3 out of 10 because it made me laugh.
  44. Nov 26, 2011
    Terrible acting, terrible especial effects, terrible screenplay, i can understand when a girl says that she likes this movie because of the actors but i cant really undersand when someone says that this a beautiful love story, is full of cliches, boring, breaks completely the mithology of the vampires and of course it has unnecessary drama, the lower score that i usually give to a movie isTerrible acting, terrible especial effects, terrible screenplay, i can understand when a girl says that she likes this movie because of the actors but i cant really undersand when someone says that this a beautiful love story, is full of cliches, boring, breaks completely the mithology of the vampires and of course it has unnecessary drama, the lower score that i usually give to a movie is 1 out of 10, but this movie is simply NOTHING,NOTHING in this movie is good NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING! Expand
  45. Nov 26, 2011
    My expectations were higher. But again: what can you expect from Twilight ? The storyline was boring, no real tension; only to busy the minds of teenage girls with pregnancy and "oh.. Edward". There was no real addition to the love triangle. I gave it a three because of the excellent soundtrack. That's the only good thing it had. What a waste of time to watch it. Don't. Just read theMy expectations were higher. But again: what can you expect from Twilight ? The storyline was boring, no real tension; only to busy the minds of teenage girls with pregnancy and "oh.. Edward". There was no real addition to the love triangle. I gave it a three because of the excellent soundtrack. That's the only good thing it had. What a waste of time to watch it. Don't. Just read the books. That's enough. Expand
  46. Aug 16, 2012
    One of the most interesting of the series, maybe we will see an improvement in performance and the scenarios are still pleasant, the story is good.
  47. Nov 22, 2011
    Absolutely hated it and i didnt even get what was going on i was so distracted by the dumbness of it all.it wasnt even fun to watch and laugh at as a bad movie...It was just that miserable.Bad acting,special effects,storytelling,but it is still probably the best of them all,which isnt saying much.
  48. Nov 27, 2011
    Breaking Dawn Part 1 was a bit better than I expected it to be. Although it was slow at times, the story made sense. Prepare for a quick and strange ending though.
  49. Dec 12, 2011
    It's not that it's really that bad but really this is still really immature and boring plot about vampires and werewolves and an annoying whiney depressed teen that is caught in between it all. The movie had some action and fighting but the entire feeling of the movie killed it and annoys you.
  50. Nov 20, 2011
    lol, theres nothing to say but laugh in the face of every single person involved in this movie and tell them that they have just wasted so much time of there life. Not only is this the worst of em all, it is the most emo styled one yet. I'll admit I did not sit through the whole movie, just had to walk out. The movie is just crap, the story is told in a weak way, the acting is better inlol, theres nothing to say but laugh in the face of every single person involved in this movie and tell them that they have just wasted so much time of there life. Not only is this the worst of em all, it is the most emo styled one yet. I'll admit I did not sit through the whole movie, just had to walk out. The movie is just crap, the story is told in a weak way, the acting is better in this Twilight, but it is still horrible acting on the part of the Younger stars( Kirsten, Robbert, Taylor). The story just dives deeper and deeper into a Emo Soap Opera style movie. Without one smile throughout the movie, I felt like the movie was making me more miserable the more I sat next to the Twilight loosers with no life hoping to meet the stars one day. The CGI is better in the movie, but honestly don't waste time, its the worst 1 yet Expand
  51. Nov 21, 2011
    The saga is alright, I enjoy the story...this piece though was very boring...drawn out. It could have been condensed to about 15 minutes. Too many 'i said something funny' moments for me.
  52. Nov 27, 2011
    If you follow the books you will like this movie more than the average non book reading person. If you only follow the movies, you might be disappointed. Overall it is middle of the road for me! Not the best, but not the worst out of the series. Still trying to decide if Alice's new hairstyle is hot, or F'd up;)...
  53. Nov 20, 2011
    I loved the books and yes I have seen all of the movies on opening day. My friend and I laughed through the whole movie on Friday. I didn't realize "Breaking Dawn" was going to be a comedy. I do still love the books and the story, but it does not make for a great movie. The movie just leaves out way too much and they had to take out many of the important parts to keep it PG-13. The movieI loved the books and yes I have seen all of the movies on opening day. My friend and I laughed through the whole movie on Friday. I didn't realize "Breaking Dawn" was going to be a comedy. I do still love the books and the story, but it does not make for a great movie. The movie just leaves out way too much and they had to take out many of the important parts to keep it PG-13. The movie misses many of the important themes discussed in the book. The movie was not able to portray the real story. Would I watch it again? . . . yes. I still love the books. Like my friend said. "The movie was so bad, it was actually good." Expand
  54. Nov 18, 2011
    Dear Stephanie Meyer, You Ripped off Buffy the vampire slayer and Southern Vampire Mysteries and have been far too successful with it. This films pacing is off, acting is wooden and there is no humour except for the terribly written dialogue and ugly unconvincing CGI. Bella is barely a character and more of cardboard cut out, who really isn't a very good example to young women. This girlDear Stephanie Meyer, You Ripped off Buffy the vampire slayer and Southern Vampire Mysteries and have been far too successful with it. This films pacing is off, acting is wooden and there is no humour except for the terribly written dialogue and ugly unconvincing CGI. Bella is barely a character and more of cardboard cut out, who really isn't a very good example to young women. This girl is badly harmed after having sex with her husband, but its ok cause he didn't mean to do it. That's very reminiscent of what a lot of women in physically abusive relationships say. It may be fantasy, but teenagers and younger are heavily influenced by what they read and watch so I'm gonna ask Stephanie Meyer.... Can you either stop writing books OR have Buffy (you already stole the characters romance why not the whole character) and have an empowering woman that teens can look up to and not feel repressed by her male counter parts. Thanks
    Jay Johnson
  55. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am still in shock based upon how gruesome and sexy Breaking Dawn Part One has been. This is the most significant departure for the series in every way. The direction, the sexual content, the gruesomeness, and the most shocking aspect of all is the acting. For once, Kristen Stewart is more defiant than ever and she looks very pale at the climax, which left a far more gruesome mark on me than when I had to witness her doing Edward. At the climax, Renesmee ( I literally yelled at the audience three times louder and louder, "STEPHENIE MEYER COULDN'T THINK OF A NAME!") gives a kick so forceful that Bella breaks her back and her legs, and the only people there to bear witness are Edward, Jacob, Rosalie, Alice, and Jasper. So, with Carlisle not there, Edward AND Jacob are forced to deliver Renesmee. Then, to make matters FAR worse, they use the only thing to help deliver Renesmee. EDWARD'S TEETH! He used his teeth to cut Renesmee out of Bella's stomach because of how fast-growing she was fast-growing in a matter of God knows how much time did she develop. Then, after delivering Renesmee, Bella is DEAD! Edward injects this **** shot of his venom directly into her heart. In a matter of day, after giving Bella so many hickeys containing his venom, she becomes a vampire and slowly improves on her posture. When she opens her eyes, THUNDEROUS ORCHESTRA!. her eyes are a rich red. My brother and I were so disturbed on how gruesomely sexy this film was. My best guess that why mom wasn't bothered for the gruesomeness on how Bella delivers Renesmee is because she gave birth to me and my three others siblings. I give this a seven for Breaking Dawn Part One for two reasons: Kristen Stewart finally trying to at least act and how much effort did Melissa Rosenberg (the screenwriter) and Bill Condon (the director) for trying to be as gruesome to still manage to make Breaking Dawn Part One a PG-13 rating Expand
  56. Mar 4, 2012
    The Twilight series has always been the holy grail of movie making. They're cheaper to produce than your standard blockbuster, but raking in enormous amount of dough worldwide, averaging around $700 mill per movie! No wonder its producer decided to 'break' (no pun intended) its last book into two 'parts'. As with any such 'money grabbing' exercise, it ruins pacing completely. The first 45The Twilight series has always been the holy grail of movie making. They're cheaper to produce than your standard blockbuster, but raking in enormous amount of dough worldwide, averaging around $700 mill per movie! No wonder its producer decided to 'break' (no pun intended) its last book into two 'parts'. As with any such 'money grabbing' exercise, it ruins pacing completely. The first 45 min involves almost lingering shots of Bella having 'marriage' jitters. By around mid film, the actual plot started to move and BAM!! To be continued! Twilight fans will savor this pic but for those who don't really like it in the first place, no difference there. Expand
  57. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. â Expand
  58. Nov 18, 2011
    The movie Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part 1...was AWESOME!!!! It was GREAT from beginning till end!!!! I and both my girls will pay to see this Again!!!
  59. Nov 18, 2011
    WOW! I am not the average fan. I'm a sixteen year old boy who usually can't sit through any type of romance. However twilight was different. THIS twilight movie was by far the best of them all. It looked SO real at certain parts of the film, and was quite a mindf**k. Even twilight haters might like this movie. There is some action that is quite brutal. There is Drama, suspense, everything!WOW! I am not the average fan. I'm a sixteen year old boy who usually can't sit through any type of romance. However twilight was different. THIS twilight movie was by far the best of them all. It looked SO real at certain parts of the film, and was quite a mindf**k. Even twilight haters might like this movie. There is some action that is quite brutal. There is Drama, suspense, everything! SO GOOD! Nice job Bill Condon! Expand
  60. Nov 19, 2011
    WOWWWW Is all I can say.... Very interesting how they handled the love scenes and they did keep alot out from the book :-(. But overall I think they did a wonderful job with this movie and will be going back to see it again before it leaves the theater.
  61. Nov 19, 2011
    Very upsetting but, why should I be surprised. Another installment of the boring, dry, slow, plain out stupid series. The movies is based on a cliche vampire movie knockoffs. Men shouldn't see it. It's made for 13 year old girls who send death-threats to people who date Taylor Lautner. Over all don't see this movie. It's filled with stupid lines, cliche scenes, overall stupidity andVery upsetting but, why should I be surprised. Another installment of the boring, dry, slow, plain out stupid series. The movies is based on a cliche vampire movie knockoffs. Men shouldn't see it. It's made for 13 year old girls who send death-threats to people who date Taylor Lautner. Over all don't see this movie. It's filled with stupid lines, cliche scenes, overall stupidity and laziness, and Harry Potter-wannabe with the whole Part1 and Part2 Expand
  62. Nov 19, 2011
    I loved the movie it's one of my favorites, I have seen so far. Great job to all the people who made a awesome film. Cant wait tell part two come out.
  63. Nov 19, 2011
    As with all the other films in the series nothing really happens except for a bare few minutes of plot development and even those moments are handled in a dull and boring way. The actors appear to be getting bored of the franchise or at least that's how their acting seems to portray it as with Kristen Stewart somehow playing her emotionless shell of a character Bella with even fewer facialAs with all the other films in the series nothing really happens except for a bare few minutes of plot development and even those moments are handled in a dull and boring way. The actors appear to be getting bored of the franchise or at least that's how their acting seems to portray it as with Kristen Stewart somehow playing her emotionless shell of a character Bella with even fewer facial expressions than normal. Robert Patterson as Edward is at least trying but it doesn't work and Tayler Lautner whom is normally a reasonably good actor puts on a terrible performance. The writing is stale and uncreative, the music is a mixture of a cheesy pop song music videos and the odd nice orchestral score and the directing is awful. Special effects are laughably bad as well but the worst thing is that people seem to like it. This film is an insult to the film industry and is not only the worst film of 2011, the worst film of the past five years but also one of the worst films of all time. Terrible. And the only reason it's in two parts is because Harry Potter did it! Expand
  64. Nov 19, 2011
    Terriblemente mala, aburrida, cursi, tonta....enserio creen tonto al que pagó por verla. Los personajes se pasan de bobos. Es de lejos la peor de la saga.
  65. Nov 19, 2011
    This movie ranks with the best in the last decade. The subtle message of "love" at all costs" permeates a visual masterpiece of special effects and directing. Bella reminds us of Grace Kelly in her prime. Edward would have been better cast if played by Matt Damon, yet his character works and this is likely a testament to the excellent screenplay. The pace is crisp. The special effects areThis movie ranks with the best in the last decade. The subtle message of "love" at all costs" permeates a visual masterpiece of special effects and directing. Bella reminds us of Grace Kelly in her prime. Edward would have been better cast if played by Matt Damon, yet his character works and this is likely a testament to the excellent screenplay. The pace is crisp. The special effects are on par with any of the Potter series. The plot twists and mystery are cerebral and yet tender. This is a love story that has no equal. I can count at least 8 academy awards that are locks. I am just blown away by the elegance of this movie. Expand
  66. Nov 20, 2011
    Will this movie disappoint me, unlike the book? was all I could think about before the opening scene. By the end credits I was beaming! I can't gave a full review here, so I will be brief! Bella makes me crazy in the books and Kristen Stewart really plays that well. In this movie Bella grew up! and so did the actors. They have evolved like their characters, it was great to see. Kristen didWill this movie disappoint me, unlike the book? was all I could think about before the opening scene. By the end credits I was beaming! I can't gave a full review here, so I will be brief! Bella makes me crazy in the books and Kristen Stewart really plays that well. In this movie Bella grew up! and so did the actors. They have evolved like their characters, it was great to see. Kristen did well in expressing Bella's emotions without saying a word. The family scenes at the wedding was hilarious, and nice to see all the actors working together in the same scenes. And I have to say the earth real wedding venue and honeymoon set designs alone deserves an Oscar nod!

Not to spoil the movie but there are scenes which were hard to watch but they were so wonderful done that you looked on anyway!

In ending the movie was true as it could be to the book, the acting has gotten more depth to it, the CGI done to almost perfection, wardrobe & set design well done and directing was brilliant!
  67. Nov 20, 2011
    OK, this is the WORST GARBAGE I have ever seen in my life.How is this even for small kids, gj showing them the sex scenes, where is this world going now? are 10 years girls going to get pregnant and get thoughts about abortion?

1 of the worst movies ever made.
  68. Nov 20, 2011
    Bad plot, bad actors, no deep, the only ok think is the sex scene. 10 years girls are watching this movie, good way to sell your movies.

Bad parents would be proud to show this to their kids.
  69. Nov 20, 2011
    I never realized how much over acting was put into the twilight saga until now. I don't know how I didn't notice it but after Breaking Dawn: Part 1 it is clear just how bad the twilight movies are. The lack of exciting plot twists and just the general confusion of everything in this film made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I don't understand how the producers thought it was okay toI never realized how much over acting was put into the twilight saga until now. I don't know how I didn't notice it but after Breaking Dawn: Part 1 it is clear just how bad the twilight movies are. The lack of exciting plot twists and just the general confusion of everything in this film made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I don't understand how the producers thought it was okay to make such large jumps in the plot and assume the audience would still be able to follow along. I'd rather watch 9/11 the musical. I'm going to save my ticket stub so when I see God in heaven I can simply say, "I saw this horrible movie so I better get in." Don't wast your time people. Please. Expand
  70. Nov 20, 2011
    I cant believe this kind of movie exist. Unbelieve. With the budget another director can create a much better movie. Another disappointing sequel, from start to finish, clearly aimed at young teen aged girls, who love the cast members more than the actual movie. May as well be a two hour spot for teen bride magazine.
  71. Nov 30, 2011
    To put it simply... IT WAS GAY...................................................................................................................... -__-
  72. Nov 21, 2011
    Sucked. So do all of these movies. I can't believe someone pays to see this, let alone someone was paid to make this. So really the people that made it are making bank, the people paying these people are ____________ (you fill in the blank).
  73. Nov 21, 2011
    I am a huge fan so of course I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is plenty of serious stuff happening in the Worls, it is nice to simply escape from time to time and that is what this is all about.
  74. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved everything about it. The wedding was beautiful. The honeymoon was tasteful and charming. The birth was appropriately graphic. All and all a job well done. Expand
  75. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fantastic movie. The transformation scene was really spectacular. I really felt the emotion when Edward was trying to save Bella and I loved the montage of memories while she literally transformed before our eyes. Expand
  76. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite movie of the series. Really looking forward to seeing Breaking Dawn part 2! It really left me wanting more but it will be whole year until its out!
  77. Nov 21, 2011
    Love, Love, Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a director who gave us fans what we wanted and said to hell with everybody else! The haters are never going to like it anyway so might as well go all out and give the fans what they want! Thank you Bill Condon!
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    This movie actually surprised me. I thought it was miles better than the other movies in the series and the actors played those characters exactly right.
  79. Nov 21, 2011
    I was very happy with Bill Condons take on the book. It was far better than the book actually because it cut out a lot of the annoying bits. Sheer entertainment. Loved it!
  80. Nov 21, 2011
    Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were perfect in this movie. Exactly as they were written in the books and they have amazing chemistry. Taylor was really good as Jacob in this one too as I usually can not stand him. Thought the cast did a great job.
  81. Nov 21, 2011
    Very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it. Do not know what people are being so harsh for. The movie delivered the book really well. I just do not know what you people were expecting.
  82. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite movie I have seen in a while. Finally a movie aimed at a female market! So sick of all these comic book heroes and robots! Love a bit of old fashioned melodrama and romance.
  83. Nov 21, 2011
    Really enjoyed it this movie. Had a good time with my friends. Enjoyed the blend of drama and romance with a nice few comedic moments too. Very enjoyable film.
  84. Nov 21, 2011
    I was very impressed with the way they manged to hold on to the whole craziness of the story. It is definitely not to everyones taste but it is definitely to mine.
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    The main reason I watch these movies is for Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewarts chemistry and I have to say they were particularly in sync in this movie. Love them together on screen.
  86. Nov 21, 2011
    Very surprisingly good! I was impressed by pretty much everything. It was much better than the book because it focused on the good bits and left out the filler.
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    this movie is really amazing...i dont know what new to say,everybody in cinema is crying when edward wants to bring bella to life. Music is cool...effects is amazing, acting to...really good
  88. Nov 21, 2011
    its was interesting movie and for me is the best twilight movie. i cant wait to see twilight breaking down part 2. Fans will be really happy. For me i like it
  89. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely disgusting movie! Don't waste your money and time for it.
    I think is the front-runner for Razzie Awards next year...
    Absolutely disgusting movie! Don't waste your money and time for it.
    I think is the front-runner for Razzie Awards next year...
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    It seems like every time I ask someone what they thought of this movie I either get a really positive or really negative review. I am going to be 100% honest when I say I am a die hard twilight fan. I love the characters and the story. I must say that I was expecting something a lot different from what I saw at the midnight release. The main parts I remember in the movie are wedding, honeyIt seems like every time I ask someone what they thought of this movie I either get a really positive or really negative review. I am going to be 100% honest when I say I am a die hard twilight fan. I love the characters and the story. I must say that I was expecting something a lot different from what I saw at the midnight release. The main parts I remember in the movie are wedding, honey moon, and birth. I will tell you one thing, they certainly did push an R rating for this movie. It some parts towards the end it is simply disturbing and I was left with disgusting images of a very sick Bella. I felt a lot of emotions during this movie. I liked the intense scenes and I like how Bella had seemed to found her voice. This is by no means my favorite movie though. I think the previous movie, Eclipse, was a lot better written and produced. This movie is better then the first installment, Twilight, but not by much. I am very disappointed with that I saw. I hope that the next movie is more light hearted and uplifting then this one because I would had for the series to end like this one did. The ending was drawn out and obviously easy to guess. A 5/10 is my best rating. Expand
  91. Nov 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to chuckle at one review I'm reading right now, who says this movie should be viewed as "light hearted entertainment. Breaking Dawn - Part 1 has nothing light about it, except for the few scenes in which the director tries to make you laugh. With an overall grim tone, and plenty of soap operatic drama for all, the latest Twilight movie does manage to keep you watching the whole thing, if you didn't already want to run before it started.

The major issue I had with the movie is that the plot is very light. In terms of events, we had a wedding, a single night of sex, and a birth. Oh, and throw in some twisted dreams that I'm sure had Kristen Stewart shuddering herself. While the movie attempts to stretch this out, coming in at just under two hours, much of it seems needless, as though they are trying to convince you that it's really not just a money grab by splitting it into two movies.

There are moments that I enjoyed. Robert Pattinson manages to create a good role out of not such great opportunities, as his brooding character portrayals are getting better. The emotions evoked by much of the main cast are spot on. Billy Burke claims most of the movie's humour, with his quips to Edward, and they are quite enjoyable. Not being a huge fan of the series, these moments kept me entertained for the most part.

Special effects are dreary, to say the least, but those expecting great special effects for a movie that is more about the inability of many characters to emote, are in the wrong theatre. This inability is dealt with in this movie, which is what helps its view-ability.

I did not watch New Moon, or Eclipse, having sworn off the series after seeing Twilight. However, with Breaking Dawn - Part 1, I feel as though I can now go to Part 2 next year, give them more of my money, and enjoy myself. That is the point of the movie, so despite its problems, it succeeds.

Oh, and P.S. If you don't normally stay for credits, please do this time.
  92. Nov 22, 2011
    Listen folks, I am not a hater. I do not go into a film like Breaking Dawn and expect a "The Squid and the Whale" type of experience. Belive me, I am not one of those reviewers that expected to be blown away. I really enjoyed what I have seen of these movies so far, particularly the second one. What I expected going into this film was something that was relevant, tastefully executed (likeListen folks, I am not a hater. I do not go into a film like Breaking Dawn and expect a "The Squid and the Whale" type of experience. Belive me, I am not one of those reviewers that expected to be blown away. I really enjoyed what I have seen of these movies so far, particularly the second one. What I expected going into this film was something that was relevant, tastefully executed (like the second installment), suspenseful, fun, romantic and ya... I even expected some big flamboyant thrilling special effects. Instead what I got I can only describe as a Pro-life commercial produced by the LDS church and Hallmark. These were moments in the film where I was honestly covering up my eyes because I could not even bare to watch it. The writing of this film was on par with a melodramatic halloween episode of "Thats so Raven". Where as I really enjoy Robert Pattinson on screen in anything, I have got to say that generally I have seen better acting in an episode of Power Rangers. Surprisingly enough, considering that past films, I dont think I have ever heard a more pathetic soundtrack in a movie. This film was supposed to be romantic...I have no clue where. In order to have romance you have got to have chemistry. Nobody in this entire movie even seemed like they even liked each other. It felt like actors just popping their heads in to cash in for the say while wearing awful, awful stage makeup.The score was one of the most obnoxious, pippy, bland scores I have heard in my life. It felt like they purchased stock sitcom music on a website for 1.49 a song. On top of all of this, on top of the horrible story, the rotton acting, the putrid score and the general train wreck that was "Breaking dawn"...the worst part is how 100% dirt cheap it felt. Honestly... this movie is exploitation. They are stealing from teenage girls. It felt like this movie was made with maybe 15 million dollars. In actuality the budget is higher than this but really... I have no idea where the money went to. The special effects of the werewolves were maybe the only effects in the film, and there was about as much care put into their animations as there is in an episode of Dora the Explorer. Do not let this film rob you of your hard earned cash. If you see this movie, do it the right way. With a guy named "herb" ;o) Maybe then it would be worth the price of admission cause you would be losing your **** with laughter watching what is perhaps one of the most embarrassing films I have ever seen in my life. Expand
  93. Nov 22, 2011
    I've always enjoyed the Twilight movies. Not because they're good, but because they're absolutely horrendous. The script is bad, the plot is bad, the acting is bad, the directing and editing is bad, and all the guys can't go five minutes without taking their shirts off. All that combines to make something that is absolutely hilarious to watch. My friend and I once talked about having aI've always enjoyed the Twilight movies. Not because they're good, but because they're absolutely horrendous. The script is bad, the plot is bad, the acting is bad, the directing and editing is bad, and all the guys can't go five minutes without taking their shirts off. All that combines to make something that is absolutely hilarious to watch. My friend and I once talked about having a drinking game, where we would watch Twilight and take a drink whenever there was a facepalm moment on screen. We eventually decided against it because we would have gotten drunk within the first ten minutes.

So I went into Breaking Dawn expecting more of the same, and I got it. Dialogue so incredibly bad and cheesy you could spread it on a biscuit and eat it. Acting so flat and wooden you could make an IKEA chair with it, or several. There were so many facepalm moments that I think my forehead was red when I walked out. Directing is slightly better this time though, that's some good at least.

I did enjoy this movie, but please don't mistake it for me saying that this is a good movie, it's not. I enjoyed it because it's terrible. If you're a fan, go ahead and watch it (though you probably already have). If you're like me, think about watching it if you have the time (and money). If you're not a fan, this movie won't change your mind about the series. Avoid it.
  94. Nov 23, 2011
    Absolutely worst movie ever. I don't understand though, why the director/makeup artists feel the need to make Edward look like a waxwork...his makeup is so over the top it's hilarious. Yo go better read book.
  95. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Obviously, this movie is going to appeal to Twihards more than the normal human. Therefore, this movie should really receive two ratings. (Three actually...)

TWIHARD FAN SCORE: 10+++++!!!!!OMMMMGGG!!!!

NORMAL HUMAN SCORE: 5 (only because my spouse will kill me if I rate it any lower)

ACTUAL NORMAL HUMAN SCORE: 0

Seriously, I am a fan of the series and really enjoyed the movie. I did have a couple of minor gripes, however. First of all, I wish they would have included more of the Jacob vs. Rosalee rivalry...the book had me cracking up at the things they would do to each other. Also, the fight scene between the wolves and the Cullins never happened in the book, but it did add to the tension and action of the film. And finally, the scene with the werewolves discussing their plans was borderline ridiculous.

But none of these really detracted from my enjoyment of the movie. If you are a fan, YOU WILL LOVE IT. If you aren't a fan, YOU PROBABLY WON'T.
  96. Nov 23, 2011
    This movie is definitely for fans of the books, which is perfectly fine with me. The first movie was so unlike the book that I thought I would dislike the whole series, but now I see they are making a huge effort to make the movies true to the books and as a fan I truly appreciate it. The movie is great and I cannot wait until next November so that I can see part 2!
  97. Nov 24, 2011
    Things that were good: Storyline, script.
    Things that were bad: Directing, acting, animation [CGI], and was way too girly.
    Things that were good: Storyline, script.
    First, I'll start with my background on the series. NOT SPOILERS. I had skipped to the ending of the first, second I slept through, third I made fun of, hardly remember it. So I had a few friends recap the majority of it so far. Well, I thought it couldn't be that bad. Unfortunately, it was.
    The good: The storyline actually did seem appealing. This was not that bad. Oh no, a love triangle. Yay for conflict. Both are supernatural. Cool. The script wasn't that bad either, but could have been improved very much so. That's about the end of the good.
    The bad: Acting was terrible. I've seen them all in different movies, and they can do better. The best actress was a minor character, the second best actor was a minor character, and the third best actor was them in wolf form. Kirsten Stewart [Bella] had no facial expression the entire movie, except for a smile that broke it, but even then you still saw that face that was stuck on it. It really did suffer because of this. Robert Pattinson [Edward] did okay, but I've seen his other movies, and he can do way better. Taylor Lautner [Jacob] actually wasn't that bad, but he could do better if he tried harder, I'm sure. The animation was pretty bad, it didn't seem real, and I noticed it jumped around a tad even. When the full scene was just CGI [Computer Generated Imagery], it wasn't that bad, but could have been improved. The directing really was bad, they should have hired someone else, this was just a sham of an attempt. It could have been completely different, and have been a lot better. On the girly part, it's obviously aimed at a target age group, which is not me, not a tween girl or middle aged mother of some sort. I even was told by friends that went with, who were female 16-17 years, thought it was way too girly, and overplayed the romance to death, which made it suffer even more. Overall, the storyline sounds good, same with the script, but overall was ruined as a movie by bad acting, directing, and animation. It wholly destroyed itself in production.
  98. Nov 25, 2011
    Enjoyed this movie a lot. It delivered on screen exactly how it is described in the books. You can not ask anymore of a director or actor so I say a job very well done.
  99. Nov 25, 2011
    Absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy with the way everything was put together from the book and I am very much looking forward to part 2.
  100. Nov 25, 2011
    Just saw this and I have to say I do not know what people are giving out about?? They must be a miserable bunch because I found the movie to be completely charming in an old fashioned way and completely enjoyed it! I think some people who can not stand it just need to lighten up a bit!!

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Nov 23, 2011
    Bill Condon (Dreamgirls, Chicago, Gods and Monsters) takes over the directing reins for these final two parts; his most noteworthy contribution to the series so far is a terrifyingly staged birth scene that should turn the teen fan base off of sex altogether … which is precisely what this whole dumb, punishing series has been gunning for from the start.
    In any case, the last twenty minutes of Breaking Dawn are so harrowing that it's possible to forget that most of the acting is soap-operatic (the guy who plays Carlisle is aging to look like Liberace) and the dialogue from hunger. The movie's that primal.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 19, 2011
    One seriously sick little blockbuster.