4.6

1. Nov 22, 2011
    I've always enjoyed the Twilight movies. Not because they're good, but because they're absolutely horrendous. The script is bad, the plot is bad, the acting is bad, the directing and editing is bad, and all the guys can't go five minutes without taking their shirts off. All that combines to make something that is absolutely hilarious to watch. My friend and I once talked about having aI've always enjoyed the Twilight movies. Not because they're good, but because they're absolutely horrendous. The script is bad, the plot is bad, the acting is bad, the directing and editing is bad, and all the guys can't go five minutes without taking their shirts off. All that combines to make something that is absolutely hilarious to watch. My friend and I once talked about having a drinking game, where we would watch Twilight and take a drink whenever there was a facepalm moment on screen. We eventually decided against it because we would have gotten drunk within the first ten minutes.

So I went into Breaking Dawn expecting more of the same, and I got it. Dialogue so incredibly bad and cheesy you could spread it on a biscuit and eat it. Acting so flat and wooden you could make an IKEA chair with it, or several. There were so many facepalm moments that I think my forehead was red when I walked out. Directing is slightly better this time though, that's some good at least.

I did enjoy this movie, but please don't mistake it for me saying that this is a good movie, it's not. I enjoyed it because it's terrible. If you're a fan, go ahead and watch it (though you probably already have). If you're like me, think about watching it if you have the time (and money). If you're not a fan, this movie won't change your mind about the series. Avoid it.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    I think this movie was way better than than the previous movies in the series. People need to give some credit where it is due and it is definitely due here!
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    This movie really is for the fans of the books. I hate the way others try to spoil it for them by constantly putting it down. If it is not your cup of tea...fine...but why all the hate? Get over it! I'm glad the fans love it so much as it is portrayed exactly as the books described. Well done to them for being true.
  4. Nov 25, 2011
    Enjoyed this movie a lot. It delivered on screen exactly how it is described in the books. You can not ask anymore of a director or actor so I say a job very well done.
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely loved it! This movie is all about sheer light hearted entertainment . Anybody who takes this seriously should really get their heads examined!! I'm talking about all those people who can not just go to the movies for a bit of fun!! Lighten up people! It is not supposed to be all serious. I like how this movie did not try to be anything other than what is is. Fun.
  6. Nov 21, 2011
    Really enjoyed it! It was cheesy and melodramatic and humorous! Exactly what I was hoping for!! Loved every moment of it! Completely delivered the book.
  7. Nov 26, 2011
    Well I completely enjoyed this movie and at the end of the day that is what it is all about!! These movies make a lot of people very happy and that is always nice to see!
  8. Nov 26, 2011
    I can not fault this movie at all! It delivers what it says on the tin and I think you can not ask for more than that. Very well done by the director and the cast.
  9. Nov 26, 2011
    The acting has vastly improved in this movie and it makes a massive difference. I really felt the emotions coming through with a mix of light moments and serious moments for the characters.
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    I am a huge fan so of course I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is plenty of serious stuff happening in the Worls, it is nice to simply escape from time to time and that is what this is all about.
  11. Nov 25, 2011
    Absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy with the way everything was put together from the book and I am very much looking forward to part 2.
  12. Nov 26, 2011
    Thank you so much Bill Condon, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and all the cast and crew for finally giving the fans exactly want we want and not giving a damn about the haters of the series!
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    Dear Stephanie Meyer, You Ripped off Buffy the vampire slayer and Southern Vampire Mysteries and have been far too successful with it. This films pacing is off, acting is wooden and there is no humour except for the terribly written dialogue and ugly unconvincing CGI. Bella is barely a character and more of cardboard cut out, who really isn't a very good example to young women. This girlDear Stephanie Meyer, You Ripped off Buffy the vampire slayer and Southern Vampire Mysteries and have been far too successful with it. This films pacing is off, acting is wooden and there is no humour except for the terribly written dialogue and ugly unconvincing CGI. Bella is barely a character and more of cardboard cut out, who really isn't a very good example to young women. This girl is badly harmed after having sex with her husband, but its ok cause he didn't mean to do it. That's very reminiscent of what a lot of women in physically abusive relationships say. It may be fantasy, but teenagers and younger are heavily influenced by what they read and watch so I'm gonna ask Stephanie Meyer.... Can you either stop writing books OR have Buffy (you already stole the characters romance why not the whole character) and have an empowering woman that teens can look up to and not feel repressed by her male counter parts. Thanks
    Jay Johnson
  14. Nov 26, 2011
    Very nicely done indeed!!!!!!!!Thinking back at some of the imagery in the scenes and the charming delivery of the unusual story line. I really liked it!
  15. Nov 26, 2011
    I love the books so I was was wary of seeing the movie but I had no need to be worried at all. I am very happy with the scene selection and delivery. Thank you Bill.
  16. Nov 18, 2011
    Another disappointing sequel, from start to finish, clearly aimed at young teen aged girls, who love the cast members more than the actual movie. The special effects left a lot to be desired, the film concentrates too much on teenage love drama, and forgets to add relevant action sequences to at least keep the non fans audience entertained. This film is aimed straight at the core fanAnother disappointing sequel, from start to finish, clearly aimed at young teen aged girls, who love the cast members more than the actual movie. The special effects left a lot to be desired, the film concentrates too much on teenage love drama, and forgets to add relevant action sequences to at least keep the non fans audience entertained. This film is aimed straight at the core fan base, its a cash cow with little investment and effort. Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2011
    I take it these are all big teenage twilight fans wrting reviews because their all 10's and thats stupid. These movies are a joke. This is supposed to be modern day cinema? My god. These movies are terrible, ill admit Robert Pattinson can act but definitely notin these movies, Kristen Stewart is just ok, but seriously? Why is Taylor Lautner an actor? Hes garbage, oh yeah thats right cuz ofI take it these are all big teenage twilight fans wrting reviews because their all 10's and thats stupid. These movies are a joke. This is supposed to be modern day cinema? My god. These movies are terrible, ill admit Robert Pattinson can act but definitely notin these movies, Kristen Stewart is just ok, but seriously? Why is Taylor Lautner an actor? Hes garbage, oh yeah thats right cuz of the steroids hes on. I wish my gf did not want to see this because it was so bad, i even fell asleep on multiple occasions. The movie just drags and drags and you hope for something to happen but nope, juet another boring scene after another. Whatever happened to vampires not being gay and glittery? Absolute garbage, hated it with a passion Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    Breaking Dawn, Part I has negative moments that gives nothing for the series, it takes us way too serious to understand. The wooden characters are rehashing the same dialogue since the last three movies. I still can't believe that these two couples are doing over and over again and we were sick the entire premise that gives us more hint that we feel we want something new. This movie failsBreaking Dawn, Part I has negative moments that gives nothing for the series, it takes us way too serious to understand. The wooden characters are rehashing the same dialogue since the last three movies. I still can't believe that these two couples are doing over and over again and we were sick the entire premise that gives us more hint that we feel we want something new. This movie fails for pushing the boundary of PG-13 to R Rated flick. There's a sex scene were Edward and Bella are making out that there's no PG-13 to put it like this. The story is so dumb, too goofable, and too horrendous at the same time. It still couldn't get better that we seen these movies in hundred times before. This movie is dumb and stupid, but it's for only tween girls only to enjoy until Part II. And for us, we must ignore it until it finished, but don't worry people, it will done soon. Expand
  19. Nov 19, 2011
    As with all the other films in the series nothing really happens except for a bare few minutes of plot development and even those moments are handled in a dull and boring way. The actors appear to be getting bored of the franchise or at least that's how their acting seems to portray it as with Kristen Stewart somehow playing her emotionless shell of a character Bella with even fewer facialAs with all the other films in the series nothing really happens except for a bare few minutes of plot development and even those moments are handled in a dull and boring way. The actors appear to be getting bored of the franchise or at least that's how their acting seems to portray it as with Kristen Stewart somehow playing her emotionless shell of a character Bella with even fewer facial expressions than normal. Robert Patterson as Edward is at least trying but it doesn't work and Tayler Lautner whom is normally a reasonably good actor puts on a terrible performance. The writing is stale and uncreative, the music is a mixture of a cheesy pop song music videos and the odd nice orchestral score and the directing is awful. Special effects are laughably bad as well but the worst thing is that people seem to like it. This film is an insult to the film industry and is not only the worst film of 2011, the worst film of the past five years but also one of the worst films of all time. Terrible. And the only reason it's in two parts is because Harry Potter did it! Expand
  20. Nov 29, 2011
    Not as bad as expected, but ...

This new film from Twilight saga, has major improvements over the previous two. However, it still has serious problems with the special effects and a story full of predictable cliches and nonsense narrative ... sorry, it was a great effort by Bill Condon ...
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    i can not believe people can watch this... I think this movie is for the "fans" of the twilight only iam sorry but iam not a person to give this low score but this is just bad.
  22. Nov 28, 2011
    Don't waste your time with this. Sex Scenes and Blood. That is what this movie is. Twiilight has RIPPED OFF Harry Potter with the 2 part final movie crap.
  23. Nov 27, 2011
    Sorry I meant to give it a 0.
    Alucard (Dracula's son) could kick Edwards a*s.
  24. Nov 26, 2011
    Terrible acting, terrible especial effects, terrible screenplay, i can understand when a girl says that she likes this movie because of the actors but i cant really undersand when someone says that this a beautiful love story, is full of cliches, boring, breaks completely the mithology of the vampires and of course it has unnecessary drama, the lower score that i usually give to a movie isTerrible acting, terrible especial effects, terrible screenplay, i can understand when a girl says that she likes this movie because of the actors but i cant really undersand when someone says that this a beautiful love story, is full of cliches, boring, breaks completely the mithology of the vampires and of course it has unnecessary drama, the lower score that i usually give to a movie is 1 out of 10, but this movie is simply NOTHING,NOTHING in this movie is good NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING! Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2011
    lol, theres nothing to say but laugh in the face of every single person involved in this movie and tell them that they have just wasted so much time of there life. Not only is this the worst of em all, it is the most emo styled one yet. I'll admit I did not sit through the whole movie, just had to walk out. The movie is just crap, the story is told in a weak way, the acting is better inlol, theres nothing to say but laugh in the face of every single person involved in this movie and tell them that they have just wasted so much time of there life. Not only is this the worst of em all, it is the most emo styled one yet. I'll admit I did not sit through the whole movie, just had to walk out. The movie is just crap, the story is told in a weak way, the acting is better in this Twilight, but it is still horrible acting on the part of the Younger stars( Kirsten, Robbert, Taylor). The story just dives deeper and deeper into a Emo Soap Opera style movie. Without one smile throughout the movie, I felt like the movie was making me more miserable the more I sat next to the Twilight loosers with no life hoping to meet the stars one day. The CGI is better in the movie, but honestly don't waste time, its the worst 1 yet Expand
  26. Nov 20, 2011
    OK, this is the WORST GARBAGE I have ever seen in my life.How is this even for small kids, gj showing them the sex scenes, where is this world going now? are 10 years girls going to get pregnant and get thoughts about abortion?

1 of the worst movies ever made.
  27. Nov 20, 2011
    Bad plot, bad actors, no deep, the only ok think is the sex scene. 10 years girls are watching this movie, good way to sell your movies.

Bad parents would be proud to show this to their kids.
  28. Nov 20, 2011
    I never realized how much over acting was put into the twilight saga until now. I don't know how I didn't notice it but after Breaking Dawn: Part 1 it is clear just how bad the twilight movies are. The lack of exciting plot twists and just the general confusion of everything in this film made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I don't understand how the producers thought it was okay toI never realized how much over acting was put into the twilight saga until now. I don't know how I didn't notice it but after Breaking Dawn: Part 1 it is clear just how bad the twilight movies are. The lack of exciting plot twists and just the general confusion of everything in this film made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I don't understand how the producers thought it was okay to make such large jumps in the plot and assume the audience would still be able to follow along. I'd rather watch 9/11 the musical. I'm going to save my ticket stub so when I see God in heaven I can simply say, "I saw this horrible movie so I better get in." Don't wast your time people. Please. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    I cant believe this kind of movie exist. Unbelieve. With the budget another director can create a much better movie. Another disappointing sequel, from start to finish, clearly aimed at young teen aged girls, who love the cast members more than the actual movie. May as well be a two hour spot for teen bride magazine.
  30. Nov 30, 2011
    To put it simply... IT WAS GAY...................................................................................................................... -__-

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Nov 23, 2011
    Bill Condon (Dreamgirls, Chicago, Gods and Monsters) takes over the directing reins for these final two parts; his most noteworthy contribution to the series so far is a terrifyingly staged birth scene that should turn the teen fan base off of sex altogether … which is precisely what this whole dumb, punishing series has been gunning for from the start.
    In any case, the last twenty minutes of Breaking Dawn are so harrowing that it's possible to forget that most of the acting is soap-operatic (the guy who plays Carlisle is aging to look like Liberace) and the dialogue from hunger. The movie's that primal.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Nov 19, 2011
    One seriously sick little blockbuster.