5.1

1. Dec 10, 2011
    Although Bella's still the ignorant **** and the triangular romance is baffling as the HP one, "Eclipse" is possibly the best Twilight movie so far. Using REAL action, an understandable story, and an slighter increase in character development the movie finally develops into something more of a mindless romance blockbuster, the appropriate title this **** up saga so craved for. Overall,Although Bella's still the ignorant **** and the triangular romance is baffling as the HP one, "Eclipse" is possibly the best Twilight movie so far. Using REAL action, an understandable story, and an slighter increase in character development the movie finally develops into something more of a mindless romance blockbuster, the appropriate title this **** up saga so craved for. Overall, with bitten lips, I'll recommend it. Expand
  2. JamesS
    Jun 30, 2010
    This movie was the epitome of terribleness. I wanted to die as I was watching it. It has a bearable story line but theres no good moments or anything cool or enjoyable in this movie. Worse actors cannot be found and the director was likely off snorting cocaine when the movie was being filmed because it was obvious that he didn't even have a presence during filming. Just please stay This movie was the epitome of terribleness. I wanted to die as I was watching it. It has a bearable story line but theres no good moments or anything cool or enjoyable in this movie. Worse actors cannot be found and the director was likely off snorting cocaine when the movie was being filmed because it was obvious that he didn't even have a presence during filming. Just please stay away from this movie if you want to keep your eyes because mine have been burned off by the pure shit that this movie is. Expand
  3. ThomasR.
    Jun 30, 2010
    A silly film based on silly books that are badly written and in correlation badly acted. For books that have so much confusion in what they want to be and what love is, it's no surprise that this movie is campy and silly.
  4. Aug 13, 2010
    The majority of teenage girls and I, do not see eye-to-eye on entertainment. They enjoy things like One Tree Hill, pop music, and whatever is on MTV while they're sitting in-front of the television. Things that promote superficiality, melodrama and self-absorption. Twilight is yet another of these things. It's badly written, terribly acted, superficial, and worst-of-all, boring as hell. IThe majority of teenage girls and I, do not see eye-to-eye on entertainment. They enjoy things like One Tree Hill, pop music, and whatever is on MTV while they're sitting in-front of the television. Things that promote superficiality, melodrama and self-absorption. Twilight is yet another of these things. It's badly written, terribly acted, superficial, and worst-of-all, boring as hell. I cannot say enough bad things about this, and the fact that this has become as popular a fad as it has, makes me want to die a slow agonizing death from cancer just to get my mind off of it. This isn't receiving a 0 because "I'm a guy and guys just hate Twilight because girls enjoy it". This is getting a 0 because it is truly earned, by a movie (and book) that have no thought put into beyond the characters appearances. There is nothing redeemable to list here. Expand
  5. Aug 14, 2010
    It's teeny-bopper sheen, abs, and amateurish writing obscures what could have been a good movie. It's too bad the plot centers around a love triangle and romantic lines that would make George Lucas cringe.
  6. Aug 22, 2010
    I've just started to write a script which will make me millionaire. Here's the recipe; dig out a few Mills & Boon romantic trash novels (3 in all), re-write the romantic hero as a cutesy-wootsey werewolf, who upon the sight of a full moon enjoys to nothing more than to roll-over and have his belly tickled. Enter the romantic anti-hero who doesn't admire having his belly tickled so much,I've just started to write a script which will make me millionaire. Here's the recipe; dig out a few Mills & Boon romantic trash novels (3 in all), re-write the romantic hero as a cutesy-wootsey werewolf, who upon the sight of a full moon enjoys to nothing more than to roll-over and have his belly tickled. Enter the romantic anti-hero who doesn't admire having his belly tickled so much, but rather prefers gnawing at a butcher's bone and terrifying stray kittens of an evening. Let one cute human, kitten-owning teen to be a the centre of a love triangle between said doe-eyed-beasties. Put together a cast of good-looking young people to populate the families, friends and townsfolk of this fictional village. Don't let any of the protagonists kiss until the very last 10 minutes of the final movie in order to maintain a high level of suspense among the female, pre-teen audience. Expand
  7. Aug 23, 2010
    i have to admit i haven't read the books, and i watched the movies just to know what's everyone so crazy about. but this movie was super-boring. it wasn't as horrible as new moon, but the acting almost made me cry with frustration. i mean, they get paid soooo much money for this??? i just don't understand why the movies are such a big hit. it has nothing we haven't seen before!!! littlei have to admit i haven't read the books, and i watched the movies just to know what's everyone so crazy about. but this movie was super-boring. it wasn't as horrible as new moon, but the acting almost made me cry with frustration. i mean, they get paid soooo much money for this??? i just don't understand why the movies are such a big hit. it has nothing we haven't seen before!!! little advice, read anne rice, watch true blood, coz that's about real vampires. this is just a pile of crap. thank gods i'm not stupid enough to pay to see this garbage Expand
  8. Feb 8, 2011
    While the other two Twilight movies were bad, this one sets a new low by having the least interesting plot, meaning it was so bad, I would've given this movie a -5 if metacritic let us do it.
  9. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, seriously? This is what some people consider to be a good film? This is what people were up at midnight to see? You gotta pray for humanity, even if you don't believe in God. Okay, opening rant aside, lets move onto the actual film review. This films plot is less stupid than New Moon. Here, it's basically Newborn Vampires VS The Cullens and Jacobs Pack. The problem with that is that the Newborns are hugely anticipated and so built up, but, the fight lasts barely a minute, and they don't even do damage against the good guys. Bella's a **** There she is stringing Jacob along, when we all know she'll choose Edward over him. Heck, they're discussing him turning her at the beginning of the film. Poor Jacob, his heart being played like some toy. The dialogue was crap. This is an actual piece of dialogue. Charlie Swan: What's going on? Jacob Black: [pause] I kissed Bella. [pause] Jacob Black: And she broke her hand. [pause] Jacob Black: Punching my face. [pause] Jacob Black: It was a complete misunderstanding. Whoever wrote dialogue like that probably wrote for Andromeda. The troubling thing is that in the theater I was in, people actually laughed at that dialogue. They'd probably have laughed if someone just got up their and jingled a bunch of keys. And we're supposed to believe that Bella and Edward are in love? They have as much chemistry as a rapist and his victim. And Edward still looks like a **** with his pale ass face, his disco ball impressions in the sunlight and hair being 95% gel I will add one positive thing: Bryce Dallas Howard and Ashley Greene are beautiful! Thats the only good thing I can say about this piece of crapola. To close this review, If you see a twilight fan who calls this the best film of the year, do the right thing. Slap them over the head, give them a copy of Nosferatu, Dracula, Near Dark or 30 days of night and hope they get immerssed into a REAL vampire movie Expand
  10. Mar 10, 2011
    More generic sparkly vampire nonsense that doesn't deserve your attention. Despite being a flavour of the month thing, where vampires are periodically "cool" again for a month or two, this movie caters for screaming fangirls and nothing else, please avoid if you are over the age of 13
  11. Jun 10, 2011
    One of the most boring movies I've ever seen... one of the worst actresses I've ever seen seriously the girl really needs some acting classes. They sell the Lautner boy like a piece of meat is always half naked =___=. Pattinson acting is about 30/100. The "great final fight" is lame, MORE THAN LAME, for me this movie sucks. The only point I'm giving is for the character of "Alice" wich IOne of the most boring movies I've ever seen... one of the worst actresses I've ever seen seriously the girl really needs some acting classes. They sell the Lautner boy like a piece of meat is always half naked =___=. Pattinson acting is about 30/100. The "great final fight" is lame, MORE THAN LAME, for me this movie sucks. The only point I'm giving is for the character of "Alice" wich I found interesting. Expand
  12. Jul 20, 2011
    How many more Twilight films must they make before they finally realize that they are creating an abomination of a franchise? Although Eclipse is better than its two predecessors, which is hardly saying anything, it continues its dull and lifeless story with very poor acting, dull imagery and a totally boring characters. Three films, three flops. This is getting ridiculous.
  13. Mar 8, 2014
    Just because of a slight improvement, the "Twilight" series won't win over much more fans. Once again, we have a bland script and terrible acting.
  14. Nov 12, 2012
    This new dose of vampire mush for puss:es is the worst load yet. It offers no payoff at the end, and not even any highlights throughout its duration. The plot literally flatlines after the first frame.
  15. LaurenF.
    Jul 2, 2010
    The plot in this movie went nowhere. It seemed to start and end in the same place with no movement or further character development from the previous movies. The acting was uninspiring, but on a positive note the backgrounds and filming locations were gorgeous.
  16. SpencerW.
    Jul 6, 2010
    The Twilight Saga previously consisted of 2 mediocre films.Well now it has a bad one too.My first concern with the movie is its budget.It seems that when the director was given the over 90 million budget his first tought was,ok we gotta have an epic action.Well at the cost of some good action scenes the plot goes nowhere and the characters,especially Edward are as dimensional as a piece The Twilight Saga previously consisted of 2 mediocre films.Well now it has a bad one too.My first concern with the movie is its budget.It seems that when the director was given the over 90 million budget his first tought was,ok we gotta have an epic action.Well at the cost of some good action scenes the plot goes nowhere and the characters,especially Edward are as dimensional as a piece of paper and as intersting as a rock.This Vampire romance almost hits bottom.Do yourself a favor and don't watch it. Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2010
    I didn't like this movie,AT ALL!!! I don't why people think that this sparkling turd of the movie is so bad that I DON"T KNOW,IT'S JUST ANOTHER STUPID TWILIGHT WITH SPARKLING OF DUMBNESS!!! I don't know why people and some stupid critics believe that this movie is really awesome,because it's not. It's like you're going to see a movie that you think this movie is going to be amazing,but II didn't like this movie,AT ALL!!! I don't why people think that this sparkling turd of the movie is so bad that I DON"T KNOW,IT'S JUST ANOTHER STUPID TWILIGHT WITH SPARKLING OF DUMBNESS!!! I don't know why people and some stupid critics believe that this movie is really awesome,because it's not. It's like you're going to see a movie that you think this movie is going to be amazing,but I guess that this wants to see it because the viewers and the moviegoers thinks that we are all IDIOTS for watching this this THIS Sparking Vampire! But this third one could be the least bad,it only works. Much like the two Twilight movies are bad as ever and I guess that they least embearble to the series. The scenes are too corny,the action is few of them and they actually rip-off the "30 Days of Night" because the director did this movie into fighting scene like that,wouldn't be explain about the fighting in the movie or in the book,those three annoying morons are still annoying and I can't stand listening with those bad vampire tones all the time,I mean please I wouldn't pay attention to Edward Cullen about his lovey dovey crap of all time,and the scenes are much standard that it's not quite interesting. So that's all I have to say and for the record I should think that this movie will be exactly a "JUMPING INTO SHARK"!!! Thank you,if you feel so hating that third movie into sparking crap,please avoided! If any tween girls feel drunk and crack the whole time spinning their head,feel enjoying this movie. This is the movie that the people will watch to whole time,and us PLEASE!!! (Note: I just wanted thank Owen Gilberman from Entertainment Weekly for liking this movie and I have no point that this movie could be more interesting and for idiot critic like that,I wouldn't been trusted anybody who likes this movie and for shaming liking all the time,that's too harsh to everybody else and make us bad reviewing lack of opinions that it's just not the same,screw you and Twilight,LEAVE ME ALONE!!!) Expand
  18. Mar 14, 2011
    This movie was bad. This was the first twilight movie I saw. A lot of wooden, sometimes hammy, acting, dumb love scenes, terrible script, average special effects, and a bad story with bad characters. I do not recommend that you see this movie.
  19. JazzH
    Jul 4, 2010
    After while It seems as if myers wrote these books only trying to strech the same plot out over four books, it gets old. It's not much if a mystery this francise is very predict able. Bella chooses vampire, vampire happy but werewolf sad what more do you need to know!
  20. DonnieG
    Jul 4, 2010
    The best eleven dollar nap I ever had.
  21. RodericR
    Jul 4, 2010
    The love story between Edward and Bella is so unbelievable and contrite. The plot seemed choppy and not a lot happened in the whole movie. The outlines of the plot itself - Werewolves and Vampires united/fighting could be great, but Underworld and Blade are only a bit better. This topic needs done by Sam Raimi or Peter Jackson.
  22. Mat
    Jul 4, 2010
    What the he!! was this... some of the worst effects ever, completely unbelievable. The character development is obviously aimed at the 12 year old female audience. Don't waste your money, see twilight again.
  23. Jun 25, 2011
    A very good interpretation of the book. If you dont like the book dont go to see the movie. Simple as that. Why people have to make such a song and dance about it I dont know.
  24. DylanJ.
    Jul 1, 2010
    The last movie i say with acting this bad was New Moon lets face it these actors will never Evolve.
  25. killdarren
    Jul 4, 2010
    This isn't literature, it's toilet paper. This isn't a film it's the mental decay of a generation. Original ideas, intelligence and sincerity are officially extinct.
  26. Aug 30, 2010
    I like the story and the locations where the film was shot but I think that they could have chosen better actors as Bella and Edward. There is no chemistry between them (who are supposed to be a couple) and the acting is bland and fake. everything about Kristen Steward irritates me. she cant act and surely there are better female actors who could have played bella and made it convincingI like the story and the locations where the film was shot but I think that they could have chosen better actors as Bella and Edward. There is no chemistry between them (who are supposed to be a couple) and the acting is bland and fake. everything about Kristen Steward irritates me. she cant act and surely there are better female actors who could have played bella and made it convincing that she has this big thing for edward an all the drama that she goes through. Expand
  27. Oct 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I saw it with my girlfriend and she's really into this stuff (vampires etc.). Maybe that's why I found this film a little bit frivolous. I don't mind if someone like it - it's his stuff. But please, I don't wanna hear about it all time. When will the new Twilight movie hit the cinemas? Really, I don't care Expand
  28. May 19, 2011
    The Twilight Saga Eclipse is the best movie of Twilight series there is action,there is suspense and some Horror scenes.people dont like this because this movie is from twilight saga series,but i think this is great!
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    So much action!!!! I love action movies and if you have read my reviews on the other two Twilight movies you will see how I bring up how there is not enough action. This one did not have alot alot of action but it had alot of action compared to the other two films! The script was not slow at all! It kept you in the movie...it kept you engaged! The actors were fabulouse! Just awesome orSo much action!!!! I love action movies and if you have read my reviews on the other two Twilight movies you will see how I bring up how there is not enough action. This one did not have alot alot of action but it had alot of action compared to the other two films! The script was not slow at all! It kept you in the movie...it kept you engaged! The actors were fabulouse! Just awesome or great. They were so good I can not explain how good they were! My favorite scene in the movie was the scene after the tent scene. The scene where Bella asks Jacob to kiss her! Well I hope that you enjoyed reading this reveiw! Expand
  30. Mar 2, 2012
    Uff, finally, this third part of the twilight saga is better than the other two, the situation is incredible, and the fight with the neo vampires is sorpresive, an incredible film.
  31. Dec 17, 2011
    With still the incredibly weak performances, and still unintentionally funny moments( basically most of the film) make this the worst written yet, but boy is it entertaining. I give this film a 38% of a good movie.
  32. NatalieS.
    Jul 5, 2010
    I happen to like it. Isn't the point of watching most movies is to be in another place & to try experiencing something different? Alot of people don't have perfect lives, so to crash down on something that gives some hope is not very nice!!
  33. EYoung
    Jul 2, 2010
    Loved it. Far better than its predecessors. Strong cast, decent plot, good pace, well-scripted, lashings of humour, action, and an actual storyline. Loved it.
  34. ine(L)cortes
    Jul 6, 2010
    Eclipse is the greatest movie in the world. When I saw it for the first time I really wanted to watch it again and again. I went to the theare the first day it was played. At the time my friends and I got out the cinema we went and book others tickets for us to watch it at the passing two days. I think the saga of twilight its really good and I wouldn't change anything of it.
  35. MarkM.
    Jul 6, 2010
    Bring a vuvuzela to a screening of this movie.
  36. MatthewE
    Jul 3, 2010
    Much hate for this trivial crap.
  37. DaphneA.
    Jul 6, 2010
    Great movie! Eclipse has all the intensity it promised. All of the actors/actresses are awesome and as always, I leave the theatre waiting for the rest of the story.
  38. ChadS.
    Jul 6, 2010
    The third installment of the "Twilight" saga is another total eclipse of the genre, the horror genre, which is dominated by male narratives. "Eclipse" has a feminine one. At least the vampires and wolves and the Joan Jett impersonator don't sing like the "monster" in Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom of the Opera". At least "Twilight" isn't a musical...yet. So there's no The third installment of the "Twilight" saga is another total eclipse of the genre, the horror genre, which is dominated by male narratives. "Eclipse" has a feminine one. At least the vampires and wolves and the Joan Jett impersonator don't sing like the "monster" in Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom of the Opera". At least "Twilight" isn't a musical...yet. So there's no need to bang on this franchise for not being Katherine Bigelow's "Near Dark", or Josh Whedon's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", until, that is, Bella and Edward perform a love duet sometime in the future on a Broadway stage. After all, boys aren't the only one who need mythical heroes. If "Star Wars" was intended for girls, Darth Vader would have used "The Force" on Princess Leia, in a heartbeat, to lure her away from Luke Skywalker. Love would become as important as conquering the galaxy to the foes, who are, of course, both related to the only readily available female for pro-creation as a preventive measure against the sort of scene in "Eclipse" where the interspecies lovers polarize the sexes in a violet field with their languorous talk about themselves. If Leia wasn't his spawn, Vader would have definitely tried to f*** the princess, but he's locked into a male narrative which removes that possibility by default. While there's action in "Eclipse", it never gets in the way of the love that exists among this latter-day "Jules and Jim", who both pine for Catherine(played by Jeanne Morreau in the 1962 Francois Truffaut classic). Edward and Jacob, who both pine for Bella, are in perfect position to bridge the desires of the moviegoing sexes when this precarious trio are caught in a snowstorm, where the vampire, because he's a raspberry popsicle, employs the wolfboy to warm up his shivery girlfriend. If Jacob and Bella went all the way, it would, for all intents and purposes, precipitate a battle to the death, which is what the material cries out for. But the "Twilight" series is "Star Wars" for girls, and there are preventive measure in place to appease the core audience. So they cuddle. Edward can handle abs. Expand
  39. Oct 11, 2010
    Whereas the first two movies were very slow, this one tries to balance action and character development, and for the most part does it well. (I admit I've only read the first book and watched the first two movies on DVD). Fans seem split into Team Jacob and Team Edward camps, and each will have much to cheer for in this movie. I'd say give this movie a shot if interested.
  40. Oct 31, 2010
    this is so much better than the first two movies.
  41. Dec 5, 2010
    Brilliant opening scene that actually looks like a real vampire movie. This makes a nice change from the first two. But unfortunately our next scene is Edward, the 110 year/old Vampire asking Bella, a 17 yr/old girl to marry him. It's a tad creepy. Th forest chase was excellent, great effects and the very thing vampire fans love. The love triangle is a bit pitiful and 'same old'. Let'sBrilliant opening scene that actually looks like a real vampire movie. This makes a nice change from the first two. But unfortunately our next scene is Edward, the 110 year/old Vampire asking Bella, a 17 yr/old girl to marry him. It's a tad creepy. Th forest chase was excellent, great effects and the very thing vampire fans love. The love triangle is a bit pitiful and 'same old'. Let's hope that's the last we see of it and Jacob moves on to a far more interesting girl. Overall this is better than it's two predecessors. Expand
  42. Nov 29, 2010
    The Twilight series are just simply not worth ranting about over the net. Sure Taylor Lautner is attractive and sure there is chemistry between Stewart and Pattinson, but the franchise is crap and we all know it. Predictably when they made a successful novel, they will probably turn it into a movie, so there born the Twilight series. Written elegantly by Stephanie Meyers and ruined byThe Twilight series are just simply not worth ranting about over the net. Sure Taylor Lautner is attractive and sure there is chemistry between Stewart and Pattinson, but the franchise is crap and we all know it. Predictably when they made a successful novel, they will probably turn it into a movie, so there born the Twilight series. Written elegantly by Stephanie Meyers and ruined by Hollywood. Even though in this particular film I admired the CGI effects and the director, it still doesn't make up for the bumpy plot and high school acting. Especially Lautner, all he is good for is pleasing the audience (girls) with his abs and that is not acting (to say the least). Twilight Saga: Eclipse has its goods but there weren't enough to cover its faults. Expand
  43. Jan 14, 2011
    I thought it was great. the actors really made me feel like they meant it, and it sorta makes your head feel abit tipsy when you try to get back to reality.
  44. Jun 25, 2011
    I thought this was very good. Interesting story, fine acting and cinematography. I think it was a vast improvement on the second movie in the series. I look forward to seeing the next part.
  45. Oct 1, 2011
    One of the best Twilight movies so far. You have to go see it. Espesially if you are a werewolf fan and I am. I can not wait untill Breking Dawn comes out. Please please please do not judje the twilight saga movies by there actors and actresses or any of that. Give it a chance.
  46. Trirahayu
    Jul 5, 2010
    I appreciate all the works of the saga on screens so far, but, Twilight Saga should've been directed from earlier by the those 'cold hands' such as Peter Jackson, James Cameron or Spielberg,perhaps. I don't know if they've been read the books and get into them or not..but at least, we'all know how well-directed they are when combining the story(Lord of the I appreciate all the works of the saga on screens so far, but, Twilight Saga should've been directed from earlier by the those 'cold hands' such as Peter Jackson, James Cameron or Spielberg,perhaps. I don't know if they've been read the books and get into them or not..but at least, we'all know how well-directed they are when combining the story(Lord of the Ring), the plot(Indiana Jones), the sci-fi(ET) or even the romance(Titanic and Avatar) into something not only worth-magic beyond the imaginations but they're all,yeah, worth seeing for the audiences (the fans and the outsiders), worth experiences for the casts, and off course definetely great-investments for all those in the principle managements. Expand
  47. AdmansWorld
    Jun 30, 2010
    The movie keeps true to the book which is difficult to do while having audiences engaged!!
  48. KarenM.
    Jun 30, 2010
    Loved it!!! I can't believe critics are giving bad reviews, the movie was very intense and the best one yet. Yes, it is not all graphic which is good since millions of 10 years and up want to see it, what is wrong with a clean adventure/love story that leaves something to the imagination.
  49. LuisG.
    Jul 2, 2010
    The Twilight Saga - adds another snore to the list- not only is ECLIPSE bad its also awful - Visually the series is engaging but it lacks a coherent script and dialogue that would embarrass the Brady kids - Witless- Stale and self loathing.
  50. Rhianna
    Jul 3, 2010
    honestly, i'm a massive fan. book fan before the movie, anticipated twilight the film as soon as the cast was announced. but eclipse is a thick book and it came out as only a two hour movie. this franchise has die hard fans that will go see it at midnight and it was only two hours. i think if they added an extra half an hour into it, they would of had some time for transition scenes. honestly, i'm a massive fan. book fan before the movie, anticipated twilight the film as soon as the cast was announced. but eclipse is a thick book and it came out as only a two hour movie. this franchise has die hard fans that will go see it at midnight and it was only two hours. i think if they added an extra half an hour into it, they would of had some time for transition scenes. it flicked from one story to the other with no inbetween. it was hard to get into character development because it just chopped and changed. harry potter 2 and 4 did it and they definatly weren't the best ones and i think thats what made eclipse not quite hit home as it should. i still loved it and when you first see jacob in it and the attitude he gave off made me want to switch sides. i think actually the bigger the book the more they freak out about cutting it down. all i can say is thank god the next one is being split. david your direction was excellent though particularly in the fight scenes. perfect touch. and to all the actors awesome. but i also would of been happy if jane asked for bree's name like the book. because it would of been slight aknowledgment of the novella which i thought would of been cool. can't wait for the next one. thank you everyone who brought these to life. they're awesome. Expand
  51. CarolM.
    Jul 3, 2010
    Best in the series so far. David Slade manages to make a more balanced film than the previous ones. The screenwriter of this series is still horrible. She continually leaves out scenes and specific dialog that shows the real passion and love that Bella has for Edward. Performances have improved in this installment thanks to Slades direction. Tent scene is a standout, Robert owns that Best in the series so far. David Slade manages to make a more balanced film than the previous ones. The screenwriter of this series is still horrible. She continually leaves out scenes and specific dialog that shows the real passion and love that Bella has for Edward. Performances have improved in this installment thanks to Slades direction. Tent scene is a standout, Robert owns that scene hands down! Some good comedic moments as well as a few good action sequences. Less of the wolf pack in human form was also a welcome change. For the most part an enjoyable film. Expand
  52. JesseJ.
    Jul 4, 2010
    Okay, I am going to try and be a little bit more fair to this movie than some people here (especially the ones that give it 10s). This movie is absolutly mediocre, generally mediocre movies are ones you watch any ways just to have a great blast (like A Team or Quantum Solace). But this has neither that or a deep understanding story line. Its almost as bad as Romeo and Juliet, a bunch of Okay, I am going to try and be a little bit more fair to this movie than some people here (especially the ones that give it 10s). This movie is absolutly mediocre, generally mediocre movies are ones you watch any ways just to have a great blast (like A Team or Quantum Solace). But this has neither that or a deep understanding story line. Its almost as bad as Romeo and Juliet, a bunch of hormone fueled teenagers who think they are in love. Let me tell you something before we continue folks, there is no such thing as love. Any ways, I think they should've put a gun to Quentin Tarantino's head and told him to write the lines for them because the words they used were almost as bad as The Last Airbender. Over all, average movie, only thing merely good about it is the love between two characters, I never said good, I said merely good. I guess thats the only thing that stands out about it showing how much of a failure it was. Expand
  53. BarbaraL
    Jul 5, 2010
    Good solid interpertation of the third book. Casting and characters are true to the spirit of the story, which may not be life changing but is a pleasant escape. Not sure why all the haters bothered to attend? It might be a niche, but it's still entertainment.
  54. Jennifer
    Jul 5, 2010
    Definitely my favourite of all of the 3. Thought it waws fanrtastic. Bryce made a great Victoria and I loved the back stories.
  55. FabianK.
    Jul 6, 2010
    The first one was mediocre, the second was bland, but Twilight franchise finally found its tone with Eclipse. Very good romance flick.
  56. FrancescaR.
    Jul 6, 2010
    Best of all of the Twilight movies. I never got what all the rave was, now I do. Yes, its corny, its like the Clueless of Vampires but its amazing.
  57. AlisonF.
    Jun 30, 2010
    Disappointing. never liked any of the twilight saga movies.. especially the first one but this one was better than the first do kudos for that.
  58. CullynD
    Jun 30, 2010
    This movie finally grasped the key points from the book. Stewart, Launter, and Pattison were believable from start to finish. You will not be disappointed. An overall great movie!
  59. JoseM
    Jun 30, 2010
    Boring, really boring, nonsense dialog, and the worst part is the acting, is just slow and really not interesting. If the first two didn't catch your attention, believe me skip this one, or see it in DVD if you're curious.
  60. DavidM.
    Jun 30, 2010
    The best of the Twilight movies so far. Full of action, romance, great dialog, and much improved makeup, it brings the true spirit of the novel to the big screen. The most welcome aspect of the movie was the shift that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson made in portraying Bella and Edward. Gone was the stammering, constantly pained speech, and forlorn and desperate looks. In their place The best of the Twilight movies so far. Full of action, romance, great dialog, and much improved makeup, it brings the true spirit of the novel to the big screen. The most welcome aspect of the movie was the shift that Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson made in portraying Bella and Edward. Gone was the stammering, constantly pained speech, and forlorn and desperate looks. In their place were genuine conversation, jokes, smiles, the passion of young love. Usually "sequels" fail to capture the magic of the first film, but the acting, writing and directing seem to be improving exponentially as the Twilight team grows in experience together. Expand
  61. LeeW.
    Jun 30, 2010
    This third installment of the twilight franchise is suspenseful and romantic. Believe me, I think this is a huge step from last years sequel New Moon. Although the dialogue seems a little off and the friendship bond between Jacob and Edward (Bella shivering scene) which made me crack a laugh. This Movie is the Best in the Series (sort of like Twilight).
  62. JimM.
    Jun 30, 2010
    I love Vampires and Vamp movies and this is neither. Vegetarian Vampires is laughable as are these androgynous ladyboy wannabees. READ the books, the author does not know the genre and is cashing in on the Vamp craze...this is a crap fest for Emo Goth pretenders.
  63. KaylaH
    Jun 30, 2010
    The obsession with The Twilight Saga is really in the books. Personally, I think the first two movies were not good movies. However, Eclipse is an amazing mix of thrill and love. It's an amazing movie, and if you didn't read the book, it's full of surprises. It's absolutely amazing and I recommend it to ANYONE!
  64. mateushanacleto
    Jul 1, 2010
    The movie was very good, because leads to madness, with the characters and the special effects, is not perfect, but it was great.
  65. JonathanK
    Jul 1, 2010
    How this movie/book series maintains its popularity is beyond me, even more surprising is how I keep getting tricked into seeing it with promises of "the best one yet." Don't be fooled, this installment might have a bit more action than previous titles, but the dialog is still awful and the whole plot plays out like the tame erotic fantasies of a lonely 30 year old woman who wishes How this movie/book series maintains its popularity is beyond me, even more surprising is how I keep getting tricked into seeing it with promises of "the best one yet." Don't be fooled, this installment might have a bit more action than previous titles, but the dialog is still awful and the whole plot plays out like the tame erotic fantasies of a lonely 30 year old woman who wishes she had a special vampire friend to satisfy her own sexual needs. Expand
  66. MadariaA
    Jul 1, 2010
    It moved to quickly from one thing to the other and it was nothing like i'd thought it was going to be . Thought it would be more like the book and not just the love gooshy between bella,edward and jacob.
  67. MaryL
    Jul 1, 2010
    Clearly a better improvement from the last two movies, the acting is a bit off. Most of the lines they say I really couldn't believe them. I also agree with most of the critics here. But there was a shitty script since the beginning, I don't think they could change that.
  68. LynnW
    Jul 1, 2010
    I loved Twilight, really liked New Moon, and hated Eclipse. I'm so disappointed. David Slade must have been too far out of his comfort zone. Where were the great action sequences he promised?
  69. Nicole
    Jul 2, 2010
    The script and actors are it's largest downfault; Edward and Bellas love is frankly unbelievable and just boring.
  70. LindaP
    Jun 30, 2010
    Thought this was the best of the series so far. A good mix of romance, action, and expansion of the characters. Fans iof the book will like this adaptation. I was in a packed audience of women, teen girls and guys, and they all seemed to be enjoying it. I did!
  71. C.F
    Jun 30, 2010
    Best twilight saga movie. has the better action, the better humor, and the better acting. watch it
  72. LucyllaG
    Jun 30, 2010
    am a twilight fan to the fullest so dnt get me wrong but they didnt stick to the story as it is in the damn book idk they could have made this movie soo much better and even tho i liked it idk i expected it to be soo much better. but w.e i hope they do a better job with the next one. peace TEAM EDWARD!!
  73. MelissaE
    Jul 1, 2010
    A little rough at the beginning, but it ended up being better than I thought it would be.
  74. EvinC
    Jul 2, 2010
    The twilight movies have got interesting. I guess the 3rd time is really a charm. Incredibly better than the 1st 2. And sadly enough one of the better films of the year.
  75. laurens
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ah... we step into the theater to find ourselves with R.Patz and K.Stew kissing on the giant screen. It is a piecture that is better than New Moon and the starter of the Twilight Saga: Twilight. However, the acting has been getting the tired Stewarrt a bit dry. In all fairness, this movie is better than the first. But i see no reason why Non-Twilight fans should see it. The teenage grils, Ah... we step into the theater to find ourselves with R.Patz and K.Stew kissing on the giant screen. It is a piecture that is better than New Moon and the starter of the Twilight Saga: Twilight. However, the acting has been getting the tired Stewarrt a bit dry. In all fairness, this movie is better than the first. But i see no reason why Non-Twilight fans should see it. The teenage grils, *i'm not one of them) are going "HE'S SO CUTE!" when they're "in love" with the stars. Go see the only movie worth seeing again and again: TS3. Expand
  76. AllieZ.
    Jul 4, 2010
    The action scenes were okay, even pretty cool at some points. The acting? Not so much. I went to see this at midnight, and my friends and I laughed through the whole thing it was so bad. Every single line was cliche, and the whole movie was basically a mix of close-up shots of Bella biting her lip, Edward looking jealous, sickly, and in pain, and Jacob posing up against random things The action scenes were okay, even pretty cool at some points. The acting? Not so much. I went to see this at midnight, and my friends and I laughed through the whole thing it was so bad. Every single line was cliche, and the whole movie was basically a mix of close-up shots of Bella biting her lip, Edward looking jealous, sickly, and in pain, and Jacob posing up against random things (cars, motorcycles, tents, etc) without a shirt on and saying things like, "Oh, come on, you KNOW I 'm hotter than you are, Edward". It's beyond me how ANYONE can consider Taylor Lautner (and his abs) a good actor. But to each his (or should I say HER, since only females seem to be very interested in Lautner, I wonder why) own, I suppose. Definitely won't be seeing this again, hopefully EVER. Oh, and I actually really like most of the actors in real life, but the script...ohhhh, boy. Not good. At all. Expand
  77. DeanneT
    Jul 5, 2010
    It was better than the first two, but as an overall movie, it was still horrible. Pattinson and Stewart got a little better at becoming their characters, but are still not the world's best.. They do not portray the characters very well.
  78. Max
    Aug 20, 2010
    There's something highly appealing to the Twilight saga, though I can't put my finger on it. The characters are wooden, the plot is laughable, and the direction is uninspired. Yet I found myself enjoying Eclipse much more than the first two, but not for reasons the filmmakers would hope. It's a terrible film, but thoroughly enjoyable if you're in the right mood. Look for all of theThere's something highly appealing to the Twilight saga, though I can't put my finger on it. The characters are wooden, the plot is laughable, and the direction is uninspired. Yet I found myself enjoying Eclipse much more than the first two, but not for reasons the filmmakers would hope. It's a terrible film, but thoroughly enjoyable if you're in the right mood. Look for all of the intentional and unintentional double-entendres; their inclusion, no matter how immature they may be, are the most enjoyable thing about this movie. Expand
  79. Aug 11, 2010
    The film is utter nonsense, acting is horrible and the chemistry between Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner is horrible. I only tolerated this film because I like the books and that's not saying much
  80. Nov 16, 2010
    Parts 2 and 3 of the saga would be terrible if they weren't hilarious in their awfulness. The novels are poorly written tripe, a cut below Barbara Cartland-style romances and that doesn't help things. The movie version accentuates the lack of structure, pacing, unity, rhyme and reason. There's also a pack of Mononoke-huge wolves so that's a plus. Also, no comedy in tha last three year madeParts 2 and 3 of the saga would be terrible if they weren't hilarious in their awfulness. The novels are poorly written tripe, a cut below Barbara Cartland-style romances and that doesn't help things. The movie version accentuates the lack of structure, pacing, unity, rhyme and reason. There's also a pack of Mononoke-huge wolves so that's a plus. Also, no comedy in tha last three year made me laugh as much as Twilight trilogy and although it was unintentionally funny, I respect funny. So... go Bianca and Godfrey and Jimbo, whatever your names are! Expand
  81. Aug 13, 2010
    Eclipse is the best of the Twilight films so far, but the series still needs a lot of improvement-notably on the acting and dialogue. Anyways, it was mostly good. I enjoyed it. A 7.25/10.
  82. Aug 13, 2010
    Eclipse had better acting, directing, picture, romance and action. Altogether the movie was brilliant and I look forward to seeing it on DVD. I think you should go watch this.
  83. Nov 19, 2010
    Drop the act, people. Eclipse is utter modern vampire love fantasy. Every moment is padded with tacky lines and subpar acting, and had it not been for a couple of entertaining scenes in the last 30 minutes, the whole two hours wouldâ
  84. Aug 13, 2010
    I have never been a fan of the Twilight Saga I find them boring and badly paced. However I must give credit to where credit is due and I honestly have to say I enjoyed this installment. What worries me the most is that David Slade wonâ
  85. Aug 20, 2010
    Love all the parts in the film without Bella and Edward being lovey dovey. Jacob is better in the book. Argh. The scenes for the supporting characters are definitely interesting and the highlight of the film
  86. Aug 29, 2010
    While in general, I don't find that much excitement with this saga, this third installment is actually the best one so far. The whole drama with the romance remains here but it also puts in new villains and the return of Victoria as their leader. The direction done with this third part is done much better and has a more interesting point of view in terms of script and overall story. Let'sWhile in general, I don't find that much excitement with this saga, this third installment is actually the best one so far. The whole drama with the romance remains here but it also puts in new villains and the return of Victoria as their leader. The direction done with this third part is done much better and has a more interesting point of view in terms of script and overall story. Let's hope that fourth installment does the same or better. Expand
  87. Sep 6, 2010
    Easily the best movie of the series so far, and I feel it was a mostly faithful tribute to one of my favourite books.
    Eclipse was highly enjoyable and not to be missed, and I wait eagerly for the DVD.
    It also happens to be one of my favourite movies.
    EVER.
  88. Sep 13, 2010
    There isn't much blood sucking vampires in this film and half of the vampires only drink blood from animals. I have to admit I did enjoy the story and the setting which was beautiful and worked well. However I can't say much for 'Kristen Stewart's' acting as she acts like she's stoned all the way through the movie. 'Robert Pattinson' really does his character justice and it's fair to sayThere isn't much blood sucking vampires in this film and half of the vampires only drink blood from animals. I have to admit I did enjoy the story and the setting which was beautiful and worked well. However I can't say much for 'Kristen Stewart's' acting as she acts like she's stoned all the way through the movie. 'Robert Pattinson' really does his character justice and it's fair to say he has certainly made a lot of female fans. 'Taylor Lautner' has turned a few heads too and he will be appearing in the new thriller 'Abduction.' I'm also loving 'Rachelle Lefevre's' acting who portrays the character Victoria really well. All in all I'm going to rate this an eight due to most of the actor's performance's. However I have to take a point off due to it's shaky, weak start and 'Kristen Stewart's' acting which is embarrassing. Expand
  89. Oct 9, 2010
    "It was good not great , very optimistic , the ending felt rushed and unoriginal , the acting was for the most part ok , Eclipse surpasses New Moon , The action sequence at the end was pretty moderate to , all in all this movie is reasonably enjoyable" .. B-
  90. Sep 26, 2010
    "Is it better than New Moon?" After viewing The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, this was the first question asked by most people, and the answer is "Yes.", but that doesn't mean that Eclipse is good.
    The third outing into Forks, Washington retreads much of the same ground as the first two films, Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Jacob (Taylor Lautner) are both still fighting for Bella's (Kristen Stewart) love, which leads to discussions like, "I want to be a vampire. But you shouldn't become a vampire. I want to have sex. We shouldn't have sex until we're married. I like the cold vampire and the warm wolf, why can't they just get along?" Of course we know there's also going to be a battle, either between vampires and wolves, vampires and vampires, or a mix of vampires, wolves, and more vampires. There's more shirtless abs too, Edward even asks Bella at one point, "Doesn't he own a shirt?"
    If you can sit through all this, there is about 45 minutes of worthwhile footage, mostly consisting of Jasper Hale (Jackson Rathbone) or Charlie Swan (Billy Burke). Bella's loving father, Charlie, is his usual comic-relief self, and he maintains and like-able presence while remaining concerned for Bella's well-being. Every scene with Charlie is enjoyable. Jasper is a different animal altogether, as the most mysterious, and unpredictable, of the Cullen coven, Jasper finally comes out of his shell to show that, (surprise, surprise) Jackson Rathbone can act. Rathbone never comes across cheesy or lame, and he delivers his sub-par lines in such a way that we focus not on what he's saying, but how he says it.
    Another bonus in this installment of The Twilight Saga, are the featured back-stories of select members of the Cullen coven. Up til now, Edward's the only one graced with a "How I became a teenage vampire" story, and it's not just the low temperature bloodsuckers who have a history lesson to share, we also learn a little history of the Quil wolf tribe.
    The actors are slightly better this time around and deliver less cringe-worthy moments. The dialogue is still uninspired, but I can't blame the director, David Slade (check out his film Hard Candy (2005), to see what he's capable of when he has a good script and actors). In Eclipse, Dakota Fanning is still shaping up to become the next Meryl Streep, I hope to see more than a few stares and harsh words from her in the next two films. Ashley Greene, my other favorite actress in the film, who plays the future seeing vampire, Alice, isn't in many scenes, but she's great, as always, in her few moments on-screen. Although I wasn't thrilled with Rachelle Lefevre in the first two films as Victoria, the red-head vamp who's set on ridding the Earth of Bella, she was a better fit than Bryce Dallas Howard, who, although a good actress, doesn't have the qualities needed to pull off the heartless soulless creature bent on destruction and revenge.
    David Slade uses more static and wide shots, giving the viewer more to chew on and allowing them to take in the scene as well as the moment. On the down side several hand-held scenes were too shaky, not The Blair Witch Project (1999) or Cloverfield (2008) shaky, but it gets annoying. The CGI wolves had been vastly improved, yet still possessed an air of cartoonish quality, making them less believable in some scene.
    There will never be a better score for any Twilight film than that of Carter Burwell, the masterful composer behind the score of the first film (you may recognize his talent from the Coen Brothers films, Fargo (1996), No Country For Old Men (2007), and Burn After Reading (2008)). Despite this, Howard Shore brings the score back from the depths it sank to in New Moon to a more acceptable level in Eclipse. Even the songs this time around work better in their scenes.
    Eclipse isn't the Twilight film I'd hoped for, but the moments that weren't filled with Bella, Edward, and Jacob drama were decent. Plus, I now have a new actor to keep an eye on.
  91. Oct 12, 2010
    I went with my little sister and my girlfriend to see the movie... My Gf was falling asleep, impresive, since she is kind of a Twilight fan. My little sister, 15 YO, watched every minute of the film, and at the end she told me it sucked... Well, we all three concluded the movie sucks, specially the plot, and more specifically *Spoooooooooooooooileeeeeer* the promiscuity of Bella Swam...

I

I only liked the first book, finished the second just to kill time, and did not bother with the third... But even if you like twilight like my sis or dislike as me, this movie plain sucks... Really
  92. Nov 5, 2010
    As yet another Husband/Boyfriend/Fiance Watching this series without any other choice, I can say that if I were to choose to watch any of the series of my own accord for some reason, so far it would be this one. The story is admitedly good, while the overall themes presented by said story may be generic, it is a workable and enjoyable plot if you ask me. The effects, no one, not even theAs yet another Husband/Boyfriend/Fiance Watching this series without any other choice, I can say that if I were to choose to watch any of the series of my own accord for some reason, so far it would be this one. The story is admitedly good, while the overall themes presented by said story may be generic, it is a workable and enjoyable plot if you ask me. The effects, no one, not even the most extreme opponents of the Twilight Saga can deny are incredible stacked against any movie. Also this one just has more action so really, the truth is, more guys may be able to accept this one as a decent movie. Collapse
  93. Nov 1, 2010
    This movie was not perfect, or anywhere near perfect at that. But I did enjoy it. Isn't that what watching movies is about? Eclipse was 10 times better than Twilight and New Moon. Sometimes the movie got to confusing, but I did enjoy it.
  94. Dec 6, 2010
    This movie has a nice story and more blood then the last two but could have been better. I been following twilight movies since part one came out and still none of the movies measure up to the first movie. I like this movie but i can't watch it over and over again. This movie isn't the type of movie I could watch over again. I like twilight , but it could be better. This movie is a hugeThis movie has a nice story and more blood then the last two but could have been better. I been following twilight movies since part one came out and still none of the movies measure up to the first movie. I like this movie but i can't watch it over and over again. This movie isn't the type of movie I could watch over again. I like twilight , but it could be better. This movie is a huge bounce back from new moon. Twilight new moon was a bad movie. I didn't like it at all. This movie is bouncing back to being a good movie. The director did a fine job with putting more blood and gore in this movie. This movie was good but still it could have been better Expand
  95. Dec 23, 2010
    So to start off, I have never read the books and I completely hated the first movie but this movie was actually something that I liked. I feel like this movie broke away from the relationship between Edward and Bella(but it was still present), and it really took on a little bit of the horror genre (thanks to the director of 30 Days of Night). This movie starts to really show its dark sideSo to start off, I have never read the books and I completely hated the first movie but this movie was actually something that I liked. I feel like this movie broke away from the relationship between Edward and Bella(but it was still present), and it really took on a little bit of the horror genre (thanks to the director of 30 Days of Night). This movie starts to really show its dark side and we as the audience start to connect with some of the other characters and their lives as well as Bella and Edward's. I am not a romantic and love movie type of person but the action and the plot really moved me and kept me engaged and excited for the final two movies. I recommend this movie because it was so good, that after I watched the premiere, I had to watch it again 10 hours later. Expand
  96. Jan 1, 2011
    It's hard to review this movie without mentioning the other two. But I will start by saying this movie is an improvement over the last. And on par with the first. The vampire clan are a really cool set of characters that have some depth. The shapeshifters really need to find a shirt. But they aren't terrible. This movie boast some very impressive fight scenes and Alice and Victoria, thisIt's hard to review this movie without mentioning the other two. But I will start by saying this movie is an improvement over the last. And on par with the first. The vampire clan are a really cool set of characters that have some depth. The shapeshifters really need to find a shirt. But they aren't terrible. This movie boast some very impressive fight scenes and Alice and Victoria, this time played by Bryce Dallas Howard, look really hot. There're are a few conversations in the movie that made me laugh too. So why the 4, Bella. The whole crappy story is about the most boring and uninteresting charactor in the movie. Why should I or anyone care about who she ends up with? And everything that she said and did was just annoying. This movie is a teenage girls fantasy and I guess that's who I have to be to enjoy it. Expand
  97. Jan 11, 2011
    Thiz movie is phenomenal. A lot of movie-critics pout and sneer at thiz romantic flick. But on thiz review, I want to stay neutral and trying to be objective. If you want to be fair, whoever The Director or The Casts, will be getting a hard time to fill viewer great expectation since everyone pays full attention on thiz franchise. The original content wrote by a woman novelist, StephenieThiz movie is phenomenal. A lot of movie-critics pout and sneer at thiz romantic flick. But on thiz review, I want to stay neutral and trying to be objective. If you want to be fair, whoever The Director or The Casts, will be getting a hard time to fill viewer great expectation since everyone pays full attention on thiz franchise. The original content wrote by a woman novelist, Stephenie Meyer. Twilight Saga schedules for quadrilogy. I think thiz third constellation is better than the second one, NEW MOON (2009). But the first one TWILIGHT (2008) is still the best bcoz its mysterious atmosphere and great introduction by former Director, Catherine Hardwicke. Thiz time, The Director is David Slade (30 DAYS OF NIGHT (2007)). Thiz sequel has good paces on story-telling. Although some people said the sequences was a little bit slow and boring. But I think if you want to get some precise romantic scenes, thiz is the only way to do it. Slade successfully captures the emotions for some moments with his Close-up cinematography. If we look at the main Casts, Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) and Isabella Swan (Kristen Stewart) do not show much improvement than before. The better performance belongs to Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) with his deep gaze. The surprising best performance comes from the supporting Cast, Dakota Fanning as Jane, one of the Volturi members. With her accent tone and body language, Fanning made an incredible vampire aura. The blood-thirsty Jasper character (Jackson Rathbone) annoyed me a little bit. His character evolved too much. In two earlier prequels he is almost invisible, but on thiz third one, he has changed dramatically to become vampire warrior. I observe, Thiz is an odd movie, where girls love it, boys hate it. I hope they did not come to the theater just to see some good-looking faces (I am saying thiz, it is not bcoz I am a Twilighater). In the other hand, if you look inside, no matter how corny the movie is, it will be still a story to tell (I am saying thiz, it is not bcoz my close-one is Twilighter). The formula is repeated very well, Shirtless Werewolf plus Very-cool Vampire plus Girl who cannot even make up her mind, equal to Movie that totally twilight us.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  98. Nov 21, 2011
    Now here is an interesting and exciting Twilight film! The franchise jumped leaps and bounds with this film! It has a nice chunk of character development, a looming sense of impending doom, and awesome action sequences. This film feels more "real" and the audience begins to see the truth behind its characters. Lautner's performance here is really bad however, and the Dallas HowardNow here is an interesting and exciting Twilight film! The franchise jumped leaps and bounds with this film! It has a nice chunk of character development, a looming sense of impending doom, and awesome action sequences. This film feels more "real" and the audience begins to see the truth behind its characters. Lautner's performance here is really bad however, and the Dallas Howard replacement for Victoria was a mistake. Expand
  99. Jun 25, 2011
    I enjoyed it. Some people take everything so seriously. Its really not bad at all but people seem to have a vendetta against it which is strange to me.
  100. Jun 25, 2011
    A different take on tired vampire stories. I do not know what people thought was bad about the acting. They all did their jobs exactly as they are described in the book.

1. It took three films, but The Twilight Saga finally nails just the right tone in Eclipse, a film that neatly balances the teenage operatic passions from Stephenie Meyer's novels with the movies' supernatural trappings.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Employing a bigger budget, better effects and an edgier director ("Hard Candy's" David Slade), Eclipse focuses on what works -- the stars.
    The movie contains violence and death, but not really very much. For most of its languorous running time, it listens to conversations between Bella and Edward, Bella and David, Edward and David, and Edward and Bella and David. This would play better if any of them were clever conversationalists, but their ideas are limited to simplistic renderings of their desires.