3.6

1. Dec 10, 2011
    "New Moon", the tweenage vampire romance sequel to "Twilight", is crappy as **** As usual, the movie is filled with unnecessary steel faced characters that just sucks at acting. The character development isn't even a development. Director Chris Weitz just throws everyone's personality into the movie without even trying to fix it. Guess what the result is; no good or bad morale, only a cheesy love between a spoiled **** with her ghastly boyfriend is left. Not only that; what's with the random, slow-mo so called "action"? I guess if you glue in several dudes with abs fighting vampires make a good action scene, right? IF you are a movie critic like me or people who are just starting out to learn more about movie criticism, have this as your 'worst movie' in the romance genre. Trust me; it'll come in handy. Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2010
    What does it matter if a film stays close to the book if some people haven't even read the book. Anyone could make an exact rendering of the book, but it's the originality and creativity that is put into adaptations (though not this one) that make it exciting and worthwhile. This films was incredibly boring and almost corny at times. Lautner can't act to save his life sadly, and most of the time when he's trying to be dramatic, he is actually funny. What a poorly made film. Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2011
    Bad performances, and some terribly written dialogue, not to mention its long running time, which makes it unentertaining, this film does have some great romance and an impressive budget though, but it fails to impress. I give this film a 25% of a good movie.
  4. Aug 27, 2010
    I felt that by watching this movie I had opened the door of judgment on tween-girl fandom, and my exclusion hit as I felt the cold abyss stared back at me, daring me to defy it. Yes, I had entered the Twilight zone, and I had no place being there (nor would anyone with any critical sense)
  5. Oct 8, 2010
    There's nothing good about this movie. And you're only gonna embarrass yourself by trying to explain why it's so good. Actually, I'm mistaken- That awkward elevator scene was hilarious! If you were going to watch this movie just for the laughs, don't even bother. Just youtube that elevator scene. It's amazing.
  6. Oct 4, 2010
    While the first one gave us the ridiculous idea that vampires sparkle, this one implies that werewolves are really creatures that shapeshift whenever they want. Is Stephanie Meyer trying to ridicule the horror genre?
  7. Nov 20, 2010
    A seriously dumb movie. Even the special effects are wimpy. I had hoped to find some thrill in all the beefcake noted in the trailers. But even that is wasted.
  8. Aug 18, 2010
    This has to be the worst sequel that I've ever seen. It's dull,I mean it is SO BORING! Very disappointment! You know why this film so bad? Because of those lovey dovey cast and some lovey dovey dopey story,nothing else. It's almost bas as the first one,just the same logic of the sequel. WHAT A RIP-OFF! No other Box-Office Hit couldn't be good like this. I guess that the Twilight franchise wasn't too memorable and not even too good for the series. It's just downhill from there. Even of course it's a viewers flop and of course there's nothing creativity about this movie,it's just the romantic movie with too many cliches and putting into a vampire of crap,that's all I have. But it's bad,it's really,really bad! Expand
  9. Nov 12, 2012
    When you have a new True Blood airing every Sunday on HBO, this sexless, bloodless Twilight follow-up stings sour and is only worsened by some really terrible acting.
  10. Dec 29, 2010
    Crap personified. A sequel for the brain dead bunch, who believe Twilight is vampires at their perfection. Well guess what? IT'S FAR FROM IT! Allow me to sum up Twilight in 10 words! "I'm brooding!" "I love you" Sparkle, Fight, Shine, Crap, End! If there is a god, he'll/she'll immediatley cancel the two sequels, burn all footage of all 4 films and erase this pathetic excuse for a vampire saga from everybody's memories. Expand
  11. Nov 17, 2010
    I really wish i wasn't one of the many that end up disliking the Twilight series, but sadly i am. this movie was technically fine if you're into the love of vampires. The fight scene was pretty cool, but what got me, was the HORRIBLE acting. It was just terrible throughout the whole freaking movie. The actress who plays as "Bella" has a lot to learn given that I think her performance was the worst out of everyone in the movie. "Edward" 's acting was not that grand as well. and Taylor (werewolf guy) did ok, I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they were already involved in the series, which means they probably already saw it. So, yeah......not a good 8 bucks spent at the movies. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2011
    I'll admit it I actually liked the first one, but this was a terribly boring piece of crap, it took nothing that made the first one enjoyable, I highly recommend on not watching this.
  13. Jan 4, 2011
    It's another sequel that is worse than the first movie.
  14. May 24, 2012
    A very bad movie. It is better than the first Twilight. It just lacks excitement and that WOW factor. The Plot was very ridiculous. The acting of the characters (especially Taylor Lautner) was just corny and terrible. Maybe some teenagers may like it because of the impact of the characters but I will certainly not like this one. But I have to give them credit for the effort. Unfortunately, this is just a vampire movie turned into a nightmare for movie-goers..... Expand
  15. Dec 19, 2011
    Uhhh WTF did I just watch. I haven't read the book but the entire film seems so unrealistic as in the situations will just never happen some of you may say "well thats coz its a fantasy film noob" well LOTR was a fantasy film and it was more realistic than this pile of garbage I mean wtf.
  16. Jul 20, 2011
    The sequel to one of the worst films ever made takes the crown of being the actual worst film ever made. At what point in the film is anything interesting, and when is the plot anything more than tedious? This really is a film franchise that needs to end, and it wont be missed by the film-going community when it does, that can be said.
  17. Oct 1, 2011
    I assume the hardcore-fans will enjoy it but since I am neither a fan nor a reader of Meyer's work I was quite disappointed by New Moon. Twilight had some poor dialogues and excessive romance but I found it a reasonable film, so I had good expectations. Its sequel, though, it is not a improvement. On the contrary, they sucked out everything good about Twilight and only left its worst aspects.
  18. Nov 27, 2011
    New Moon was pretty boring. It had a bad story with a long absence of fun and charm. It did have a couple good moments but there wasn't much to like.
  19. Apr 23, 2012
    Well what can be said for this ridiculous, sopey un emotionally romantic movie that hasn't already been said. Well i only just watched these films and let me tell you this it felt like someone stuck my testicles into a blender and put it on the slowest speed possible. these films are terrible.
  20. Jun 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am unable to criticize too much a film but in this case, yes. New Moon is certainly one of the most morally harmful to the film world. I still can not believe that the is love between Edward and Belle. Edward that moves away from Belle so as not to hurt (which, however, the wounds). Belle gets depressed and is four months without doing anything to fight back, then he consoles himself with Jacob and then it happens here in the chaos. I do not understand how can people like this saga. Expand
  21. Aug 25, 2014
    It's weird how nothing really happened in this movie; Bella is still terrible to look at, Edward is absent for most of the movie (as are the rest of the Cullens), and Bella's whole world is clearly collapsing - until she finds another boy who is ready to throw himself at her, of course.

Cuddly, cute werewolves march to the screen to replace the romanticized Vampires. It's amazing how
    one author can turn deadly beasts into something... furry and cute. They are not actually even "werewolves", but merely huge, bulky wolves. I bet there's no connection to the cycle of the moon either...

Jacob turns buff, and loses the long hair which actually didn't look too good on him. In the first movie he didn't have that big of a part, really, and now they're like the best of friends instead of the recurring acquaintances.

Frankly, I don't see what's so amazing about Bella. Two (actually three) teenage boys are all over her (well, Edward is older, he should have a better taste by now), and she still hasn't upgraded beyond that one expression she has!

This is actually worse than the first movie. The plot is less consistent, and the character work just doesn't push through.
  22. Mar 2, 2012
    Deception. The first film is sorpresive, but this second part is... boring, the cast is very regular, and performance of much are terrible, this is a bad sequel.
  23. Nov 14, 2013
    Absolutely horrible. "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" is a dull, slow-paced sequel, which has terrible and cheesy dialogue and acting. I have no further interest in checking out the rest of the series after watching this junk.
  24. Aug 25, 2012
    I am not the kind of person to dismiss a film purely based on the franchise (see my other Twilight reviews some of which are positive/mixed) from which it comes from no matter how annoying the fans may be. New Moon is simply put one of the worst films I have ever seen. It was slow, with no tension and no emotion portrayed in an awful performance by Kristen Stewart. How anyone could think this to be a good film is beyond me. Expand
  25. Dec 21, 2012
    Secretly, this film has to be a COMEDY. It is hilariously God-awful. Effects are crap, and the plot (based on the equally dull and mudane books- are in some ways classically awful.) Anyways, I am a teenage girl and find the whole thing a giant manipulation of those who can't think. It's not about intelligence, this is supposed to be ENJOYED. When something is successful, people like to complain about it; which is natural. However, Twilight and the whole saga deserve the **** it gets. It's horrendously awful. BOO, you whore! Expand
  26. Nov 12, 2012
    The plot is full of cop outs. But it is what you would expect from a motion picture based off of a young adult novel. The way I see it, at least these movies aren't boring and I find the darkened tint of this world to be somewhat enchanting.
  27. Dec 16, 2012
    One of the worst sagas ever made.
  28. Apr 5, 2013
    I have seen the first movie, and then this, what is this, I asked to my self. The action is not good, the acting can be better and the story is not good. Than there are the parts where the actors say nothing and do nothing. Worst movie of the saga.
  29. Oct 24, 2013
    Boasting unintentionally humorful acting performances and an embarrassingly terrible screenplay, 'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' is the worst fantasy film in recent memory.
  30. chw
    Jul 20, 2014
    The Twilight Saga: New Moon was pretty dumb. It was boring, and had very terrible acting, I could say the worst I've ever seen, such as the line "YOU CUT YOUR HAIR" says it all, I mean, what's wrong with staying classy instead of having a racist haircut, or should I say, hairdo.
  31. Aug 1, 2014
    What I was just asking for is an improvement over its predecessor, but NO. "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" is a boring, joyless and slow paced flick which is directed by the most incompetent person in the world of cinema. The acting is utterly horrible and none of the action sequences can't help this preposterous movie overcome an excessive length and an absence script.
  32. Aug 1, 2014
    "New Moon" is a disgraceful sequel to a good-looking original. It kept Stewart's embarrassing performance, a lot of the first film's weaknesses, and it threw away "Twilight"'s impressively dark looks and gloomy photography. The only impressing thing here is the town of Volterra, an impressing setting for the film's insipid climax. Everything else feels cheesy and worthless.

1. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Is this sequel defending its fan base and preempting criticism about its transparent agenda? This IS a soap opera, folks--and acceptable escapism for those old enough to see it yet still young enough to shriek at undead dreamboats.
  2. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Carried by Kristen Stewart's compellingly dark performance, but also by helmer Chris Weitz's robust visuals.
  3. Constrained by the plot of the novel, the film keeps the two lovers apart for quite a spell, robbing the project of the crazy-in-love energy that made "Twilight," the first entry in the series, such a guilty pleasure.