3.7

1. Jan 1, 2011
    This movie is a disgrace to Twilight fans. I was surprisingly impresssed with the first one, but I was extremely disappointed with this one. I was not at all impressed with the over all feel of the movie. I blame that on the director switch. I felt that in the first one all of the actors did an outstanding job of bringing their characters to life, but that dropped with NewMoon. If it wasn't for the fact that every girl/woman in the country can't keep their eyes off him, I'm pretty sure Lautner would be fired - his acting is almost amusing. Overall the whole movie is pretty cheesy, I felt like I was watching one of those online spoofs, rather than the real thing. Don't waste your time with this film. Expand
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over the first film and a better acted and more entertaining film that the first one. Plus, the music is beautiful, the cinematography is beautiful, the story is more interesting, the visuals vastly improved from the first film. I enjoyed this film and find it entertaining and it is a good film in terms of films.

1. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Is this sequel defending its fan base and preempting criticism about its transparent agenda? This IS a soap opera, folks--and acceptable escapism for those old enough to see it yet still young enough to shriek at undead dreamboats.
  2. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Carried by Kristen Stewart's compellingly dark performance, but also by helmer Chris Weitz's robust visuals.
  3. Constrained by the plot of the novel, the film keeps the two lovers apart for quite a spell, robbing the project of the crazy-in-love energy that made "Twilight," the first entry in the series, such a guilty pleasure.