Release Date: April 23, 2004
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 35 Ratings
WATCH NOW
shugyoshaJun 30, 2011
What does it say when reviewers claim that this movie was "a bit slow"? That some of us are addicted to fast-paced, mindless violence. Which is now Hollywood's forte. Anyone who didn't like this was obviously expecting flying ninjas andWhat does it say when reviewers claim that this movie was "a bit slow"? That some of us are addicted to fast-paced, mindless violence. Which is now Hollywood's forte. Anyone who didn't like this was obviously expecting flying ninjas and katana-toting heroines played by Chinese actresses.
"The Twilight Samurai" is a work of art in the Kurosawa mold, has nothing in common with "Last Samurai" and is superior. Beautiful, emotional, powerful at times.....phenomenal. Can't wait to watch "Hidden Blade" and "Love and Honor".
EricS.Dec 10, 2005
A little slow at some points but still both fascinating in its portrait of daily life in the samurai era and moving as well. A great film.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
Xan_RyilDec 15, 2015
Life could be simple yet bring us happiness. Colours are not the best to keep you going as day go by. The Twilight Samurai, takes us into mid 19th century's Japan and makes us fall in live with the civilization. Like the era it represents,Life could be simple yet bring us happiness. Colours are not the best to keep you going as day go by. The Twilight Samurai, takes us into mid 19th century's Japan and makes us fall in live with the civilization. Like the era it represents, the direction is very clean yet effective. Although movie is shot in 2002 but it actually takes us to centuries ago into the era Yoji Yamada is telling story of. Power of a creator. Everything is in aspect and very real. From emotions to the sword fight, there is nothing fantasized or emotionalized.
A perfect movie for a Sunday afternoon.