• Studio:
  • Release Date: Nov 29, 2013
6.1

1. Mar 27, 2014
    The Unbelievers follows infamous anti-theist atheist scientists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss as they cross the globe publicly lying to the masses about religion and atheism. As usual you can expect dishonesty, straw-man arguments and generalizations from both Dawkins and Krauss as they (continue) to perpetrate the myth that science and religion are incompatible and that you cannotThe Unbelievers follows infamous anti-theist atheist scientists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss as they cross the globe publicly lying to the masses about religion and atheism. As usual you can expect dishonesty, straw-man arguments and generalizations from both Dawkins and Krauss as they (continue) to perpetrate the myth that science and religion are incompatible and that you cannot believe both in religion and science (despite the disagreement from other scientists on this matter such as Francis Collins, Paul Davies, John Lennox who are all brilliant scientists and religious, even Professor Higgs, an atheist scientist, disagrees with the garbage of Krauss and Dawkins on this subject, even going as far as accurately branding Dawkins as an fundamentalist).

In this case, the scientific community is against both Krauss and Dawkins and their personal irrational crusade against the "opium of the people" but if you're an atheist, you'll probably like this self-reassuring film which does nothing for the cause of atheism but discredit it further.
  2. Feb 1, 2014
    Religious bias? There is no religious bias here. The negative critic reviews came from several atheists themselves (which proves that the people saying positive things about the film here don't do their research). The film was a flop because it was a dishonest, biased and pseudo-intellectual documentary that could only appeal to the weak-minded. Its introduction of famous atheist stars andReligious bias? There is no religious bias here. The negative critic reviews came from several atheists themselves (which proves that the people saying positive things about the film here don't do their research). The film was a flop because it was a dishonest, biased and pseudo-intellectual documentary that could only appeal to the weak-minded. Its introduction of famous atheist stars and celebrities to make atheism seem "cool and rock n roll" reveals that it was nothing more than an attempt to push its irrational atheist agenda by a dishonest method. As usual, Krauss and Dawkins are unable to present any logical reasons to be an atheist. Try again Dicky Dawkins. Expand
  3. Sep 21, 2014
    Pretty much a "meh" movie and it's unconvincing. I say this as an agnostic who believes that both groups can be quite extreme and fundamentalist with their views and Dawkins and Krauss certainly are with their upmost certainty that their view of the world and cosmos is correct without a doubt. I also find it amusing that some atheists here are butthurt and angry at some religious peoplePretty much a "meh" movie and it's unconvincing. I say this as an agnostic who believes that both groups can be quite extreme and fundamentalist with their views and Dawkins and Krauss certainly are with their upmost certainty that their view of the world and cosmos is correct without a doubt. I also find it amusing that some atheists here are butthurt and angry at some religious people providing this movie 0 ratings without watching it but that's exactly what they did with the film "God's Not Dead" after that watched its trailer. God's Not Dead (like this film) is a similar biased film which gave a stereotypical portrayal of the atheists as angry religious hating bitter people, a stereotype lived up to, ironically enough by Dawkins and Krauss and many atheist fundies.

Unlike the atheists, I watched this film. There were a few interesting snippets but not enough to convert me away from agnosticism, the real free-thinking.
  4. May 10, 2014
    "Lenses" accurately sums up this movie. "When I saw this the audience laughed all the way through (funnier than you would think) and literally clapped at the end." The audience laughed because of the absurdity of the stuff Lawrence and Krauss were saying. This film was a financial flop for a reason. Even atheists are distancing themselves from this anti-intellectual documentary which tells"Lenses" accurately sums up this movie. "When I saw this the audience laughed all the way through (funnier than you would think) and literally clapped at the end." The audience laughed because of the absurdity of the stuff Lawrence and Krauss were saying. This film was a financial flop for a reason. Even atheists are distancing themselves from this anti-intellectual documentary which tells you all you need to know. Expand
  5. May 10, 2014
    Richard Dawkins, and his partner in crime, Lawrence Krauss explain why you shouldn't be an atheist in this documentary. This documentary is one huge circlejerk, convincing only to people who are atheists already. This alone, shows the invalidity of the two professors arguments. Valid arguments should sway the opposite crowd but Dawkins and Krauss only spread misinformation and createRichard Dawkins, and his partner in crime, Lawrence Krauss explain why you shouldn't be an atheist in this documentary. This documentary is one huge circlejerk, convincing only to people who are atheists already. This alone, shows the invalidity of the two professors arguments. Valid arguments should sway the opposite crowd but Dawkins and Krauss only spread misinformation and create strawman arguments in their defense for atheism showing how it's not a rational position at all. Expand
  6. Sep 21, 2014
    A hilarious comedy. Also watch "God's Not Dead" another comedy which made atheists insanely butthurt to the point where they're spamming it's metacritic page.
  7. Sep 21, 2014
    This film was a laugh riot. As Kaddrius clearly demonstrates, this film was made in mind for people who have already made their mind up on atheism especially with his idea that science is inherently atheistic and that all the scientists throughout history have been opposed to God (a false view held by Richard Dawkins and believed by his loyal mindless followers) nevermind the fact thatThis film was a laugh riot. As Kaddrius clearly demonstrates, this film was made in mind for people who have already made their mind up on atheism especially with his idea that science is inherently atheistic and that all the scientists throughout history have been opposed to God (a false view held by Richard Dawkins and believed by his loyal mindless followers) nevermind the fact that many of the most famous scientist throughout history have been religious from Isaac Newton to Georges Lemaitre. This film is pretentious garbage and advocates the view that belief in God opposes science which isn't the case and certainly isn't the case when we remember that Fred Hoyle (an atheist) made the anti-scientific steady state theory because of his hatred of religion and the religious implications of a universe with a beginning that The Big Bang theory brought to physics. Expand
  8. Dec 1, 2013
    All I have to say is, dont believe the negative hype that is going around this movie! When I saw this the audience laughed all the way through (funnier than you would think) and literally clapped at the end. People who are saying bad things about this movie are just people who dont get it and never will. Its a portrait of guys who are having fun teaching the world about life, theAll I have to say is, dont believe the negative hype that is going around this movie! When I saw this the audience laughed all the way through (funnier than you would think) and literally clapped at the end. People who are saying bad things about this movie are just people who dont get it and never will. Its a portrait of guys who are having fun teaching the world about life, the universe, and the fact that is there is no god. Grow up! Only complaint? Too short. Expand
  9. Dec 16, 2013
    WOW!!! Rotten Tomatoes has almost 100% viewer freshness with 450 votes. Metacritic has it at 37. Anyone else smell some religious bias? If you care about intellectually stimulating topics like Evolution, Cosmology, Atheism, or if you just like Krauss and Dawkins, then you will be glad you saw this film. Very well made insiders view about two of the greatest minds of our generation.
  10. May 23, 2014
    *Spoiler alert* - This movie doesn't deserve a 0 rating. It might not be a film for everyone. And it's certainly not for the person who gave it a 0, and God's not dead a 10. Watch it for yourself and decide. These ratings mean nothing.
  11. Dec 15, 2013
    If one is looking for an hour and a half of Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss engaged in debate with men of faith, trying to persuade and enlighten an audience as to the merits of atheism, go to youtube instead. This film is about process of chipping away at pervasive dogma that weakens mankind. It is about their unflinching commitment to pulling mankind's head out of the sand. HumanIf one is looking for an hour and a half of Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss engaged in debate with men of faith, trying to persuade and enlighten an audience as to the merits of atheism, go to youtube instead. This film is about process of chipping away at pervasive dogma that weakens mankind. It is about their unflinching commitment to pulling mankind's head out of the sand. Human intellectual evolution actually creeps at similarly slow pace as evolution itself. It is an honest recognition that we have scarcely breached the dark ages ourselves. Although this was not a technically brilliant documentary that will astonish and transform the audience, the film reveals Dawkins' and Krauss' passion for science and their pursuit of truth as the path to a better world. Expand
  12. Oct 26, 2014
    The ratings mean nothing here. I'm giving this a 10, not because it is that good, but because too many people are trying to drag the score down. It is apparently impossible to make a film about such a polarised issue, without having the whole film overwhelmed by the debate itself. Just look at the other reviews. The points in the reviews are pulled out of the general debate at best. MoreThe ratings mean nothing here. I'm giving this a 10, not because it is that good, but because too many people are trying to drag the score down. It is apparently impossible to make a film about such a polarised issue, without having the whole film overwhelmed by the debate itself. Just look at the other reviews. The points in the reviews are pulled out of the general debate at best. More often, it is just hatred for Dawkins' persona. It takes a special kind of dishonesty to give this a 0, and then deny you're biased in the same review.

If you're trying to decide whether to watch this, screw all the biased reviews. You know what the debate is about and you know which side this film is on. The only bit of information you need is that it delivers the point well enough. A warning: if you've been following the debate, there will be nothing here that you haven't seen in Youtube already, including parts of the film itself.
  13. Feb 7, 2014
    I find it amusing that the debate between critics and users who have seen The Unbelievers seems to mirror the debate between atheism and religion itself. Divided and polar. The Unbelievers is not particularly amazing at presenting an argument that will will satisfy all the masses. But it does entertain. It is a fun movie to see with your atheist friends. You will laugh, you will cry.I find it amusing that the debate between critics and users who have seen The Unbelievers seems to mirror the debate between atheism and religion itself. Divided and polar. The Unbelievers is not particularly amazing at presenting an argument that will will satisfy all the masses. But it does entertain. It is a fun movie to see with your atheist friends. You will laugh, you will cry. If you think Krauss and Dawkins are rock gods, then you will like it. If you already hate them, SURPRISE! you will hate this movie too. Expand
  14. May 21, 2014
    Unbelievers is a great movie. Richard are Lawrence are geniuses. Only butt-hurt god-botherers would give this movie a 0. Don't believe the fundys .
  15. Dec 20, 2013
    Even though it is sometimes difficult to rate a documentary-like film, a 34 from the critics hints at religious bias. While it is a bit too short at 77 minutes, its intellectually-filled discussions have motivated me to give this an 8.
  16. May 20, 2014
    Amazing how many ZEROs the Unbelievers has on the user comments here. Obviously all written by the same angry religious person - who probably hasn't even seen the movie. Haters gonna hate, I guess. The Unbelievers is a fun trip around the world with Dawkins as Krauss at your side. I am giving it a 10 to help make up for the undeserved zeroes.
  17. Jun 5, 2014
    The Unbelievers is a fine little film. It warmed my heart and brought a tear to my eye. Lawrence Krauss made me laugh aloud. Richard Dawkins made me think, as usual. See this movie.

Remember Christopher.
  18. Sep 13, 2014
    So many people seem to think this movie is about debating the merits of atheism versus theism. The fact is Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss do not need to debate anything. Their 'opponents' have only circular references to made up stories by mostly fictional or amalgam characters to draw from, while hundred of thousands of scientists and the relentless pursuit of knowledge that hasSo many people seem to think this movie is about debating the merits of atheism versus theism. The fact is Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss do not need to debate anything. Their 'opponents' have only circular references to made up stories by mostly fictional or amalgam characters to draw from, while hundred of thousands of scientists and the relentless pursuit of knowledge that has transformed the world around us and our understanding of our place in it push the concept of god from a firm daily presence in minds to an ephemeral, distant, at best imaginary and at worst malevolent, selfish, greedy force for terrible atrocities. Expand
  19. Oct 30, 2014
    I saw the film "The Unbelievers", it is a very good film to make you think about WHAT you believe and what the atheists believe. It is a showcase of people that have lost their faith in religion and therefore faith in God.

I think it is a little bit simplified, I too have lost faith in religion, but I still come back to the issue "Does the creation have a PURPOSE?". And another big one "Is there consciousness behind the creation?". Those two issues are glossed over and their assumptions are held as truth that both answers are a "NO".

I still believe that both are answerable with a "YES", but from there on it is a lot of dangers leading to religion. I thing all believers should embrace science and not be afraid to loose religion as it is and always have been made by people, either as their subjective explanation of their experience with the unknown or with a purpose to guide people along a (their) chosen path.

Anyway see the movie.

Anyone interested in the contemporary debate between atheists and religious believers will gain nothing of value from the documentary The Unbelievers.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Dec 12, 2013
    Too slight to persuade, The Unbelievers is also too poorly made to entertain. The rational roots of atheism deserve a much better movie than this.
  3. Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    Dec 12, 2013
    Holwerda’s film never bothers to conceal its fawning view of Dawkins and Krauss — or challenge their dogma. And there’s no need for empty celebrity cameos from fans like Cameron Diaz (“Knowledge is power,” she reveals).