8.9

1. Aug 21, 2013
    I really don't know where to start from. It's obviously one of the best films ever made and one of my favorites and it has like the very best twist I have seen in my life and I have seen a lot of films with great twists. The twist is even better than Prestige's one. At the beginning the film is a little overcomplicated but when you start realizing what is happening you will not want to pause that film for any reason. It has action and suspense. It has everything that a film like that should have. It has great actors and an excellent storyline. The whole movie is interesting. I don't know what else to say just watch that movie and you will understand my words... It's a perfect masterpiece! Expand
  2. Aug 10, 2013
    This film is just great. Great crime/gangster film but also so much more. Thrills, suspense, good acting, great script and very clever. I do believe that everyone should try and see this film.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    It's fantastic from start to finish, and the twist at the end will blow your mind. An American crime classic.
  4. Jan 7, 2013
    The Usual suspects is a smart well scripted. directed and, acted picture that is a classic for a reason. It has a twist ending that completes the movie precisely and the editing leaves nothing to be desired, it explains the storyline in full. Fantastic.
  5. Sep 30, 2010
    One of (or the best) mystery/crime movies I have ever seen. The twists are much crazier than seven, such a satisfying movie. I freaking love this movie. Just don't read any spoilers/etc. Just watch it, it's good.
  6. Mar 3, 2011
    This is definitely the best movie I have seen so far with a great ending and that's why I 'm using the name of a character of the film!!! (Keyzer Soze)
  7. Oct 14, 2011
    Quite simply one of the best movies ever made. Kevin Spacey puts in a sensational performance and the supporting cast also do a great job of making it believable. One of my all time favourite films, and one of the best films ever.
  8. May 24, 2013
    As the movie opens five well known criminals are rounded up and questioned as to their involvement in the hijacking of a truck full of guns. No one cracks and as the men sit together in jail they hatch a plan for an elaborate diamond heist.

The story is told in the past tense by one of the five men, Verbal Kint, as he sits across from a detective trying to uncover what happened during
    the attempted heist. This provides a unique twist in that not everything Kint describes is necessarily accurate or true and keeps the viewer constantly guessing as to the true nature of his involvement.

Featuring a fantastic cast The Usual Suspects features a plethora of interesting and entertaining characters, none more so than Kint himself and by the time the movie reaches its fantastically clever finale most viewers will realise they have just watched a cinematic masterpiece.
  9. Jul 11, 2011
    A true classic, with one of the most brilliant climaxes in the history of film, The Usual Suspects will not fail to make your head spin. You have everything in this movie. Solid cast. Wonderful script. Great camera work. A true gem.

With Kevin Spacey leading the pack in his Academy Award winning performance, the acting in this film is very believable, and powerful. Your eyes will be
    glued to the film from the moment it begins, to the moment when your jaw hits the floor, in the end.

I would highly recommend this film to anyone and everyone who considers themselves a fan of movies. This is simply a must-see.
  10. Dec 31, 2011
    This movie isn't perfect in every sense, but I do believe it deserves a perfect score. Everything has a low-budget, early Tarantino-esque feel, which is good for two reasons: First, the story and acting have to carry the movie and they do so superbly. Secondly, the aura of simplicity adds to the feel of realism: instead of special effects and sleekness, one gets to feel as if there, with the characters. Without spoiling too much, I can say that this is one of the cleverest movies I've ever seen. So many details add together in subtle ways, allowing the viewer to slowly but surely come to conclusions just seconds before the characters do too. It never feels forced or obvious, yet the director manages to guide us through a mental maze. Apart from Spacey who is sublime, I believe that Byrne and Palminteri both diserve lots of credit, even though Palminteri's character has little depth, the actor plays the role to it's full potential, secretly enabling the story to go the way it goes. Overall, it's not a movie everyone will find fantastic, but if you're into the criminal heroes / messing with your mind kind of thriller, boy, are you in for a ride. Expand
  11. Oct 3, 2012
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist - What an appropriate utilization of Charles Baudelaire's quote. First of all, hats off to Bryan Singer's outstanding direction, Christopher McQuarrie's confusing and thrilling screenplay and Kevin Spacey's remarkable and an Oscar-deserving performance which made the film too freaking awesome. I can't begin to appreciate the surprise Bryan Singer has managed to deliver to us. The mystery, the neo-noir elements, the puzzles and the way all the pieces are put together in the climax are just marvellous. I don't know why Roger Ebert found this movie confusing and gave it such a low rating (He did the same with Fight Club, starring Edward Norton and Brad Pitt). The plot is confusing, yes, but it's something really unusual and astounding and that's what makes this film so exciting. Although, the characterization is limited and there are a few possible plotholes as well. Those plotholes aren't explained properly but you can easily ignore them since they don't have anything to do with the real story. What I really like about this movie is that once you have started watching it, it will keep you interested. You might also find it difficult to follow the characters and the plot at some points but keep your mind and eyes open and you will be finally able to understand everything. Long story short, even with the limited characterization and confusing screenplay, The Usual Suspects is a classic and remarkable neo-noir thriller that you are definitely going to love and appreciate. So, don't miss it. Expand
  12. Feb 5, 2014
    Wow. This film is fantastic. Kevin Spacey and cast, as expected, are phenomenal. It lulls you into thinking you know how it will wrap up and then completely flips around. It is a tad hard to follow at the beginning, but wow does it ever pay off. Great film.
  13. Jan 3, 2013
    I'm not that much into cops and robbers and gangster movies, but this one was really good so even I like this one. It is a very well told story with an ending you will not see coming. You definitely should see this movie at least once.
  14. Jan 9, 2013
    At least the end gets your adrenaline flowing ... the feelings for this little, crippled man who convinced the police about a crime that never happend. But how did the things, that really happend, happen? The geniusly confusing storyline and the amazing climax make you forgetting that this film is literaturally pointless because nothing pictured did actually happen ...
  15. Nov 28, 2012
    With a brilliantly developed plot, excellent performances and provocative imagery, "The Usual Suspects" remains an absolutely stunning crime thriller.
  16. Mar 10, 2013
    Bryan Singer provides an outstanding before I went to make superhero films movie that is strongly written and also provides the best Spacey performance ever.
  17. Mar 13, 2013
    The Usual Suspects is a classic crime film that will bring you in and not let you go until the final twisted and unexpected climax. With the combination of Brian Singer's directing and Kevin Spacey's acting this is truly a great film. Hang on, The Usual Suspects is one hell of a ride.
  18. Aug 24, 2013
    One of the most original and surprising films. Kevin Spacey nails his oscar as this enigma Verbal Kint. The ending is one of the biggest shocks in cinema. It takes more than two and two to get the ending. If you don't believe me, then GIVE ME THE F***ING KEYS YOU F***ING C*****KER, MOTHER****A!!!
  19. Feb 15, 2014
    "The Usual Suspects" runs second to "The Sixth Sense" for one of those movies you will enjoy watching more the second time. I won't give anything away, but there is not one but two twists you won't see coming. And for that sole purpose is a reason to watch this movie. Also, Kevin Spacey might be another reason.
  20. chw
    Sep 14, 2014
    DAMN! This movie was incredibly extraordinarily awesome! Just because of the ending, everyone who hasn't seen this HAS GOT TO see this movie. Everyone'll love it!
  21. May 1, 2014
    the usual suspect is the best mystery movie I ever saw, the plot twist of the film was actually great and so magnificent, I have watching this film for several times and the film was hitting me up with the mind twisting story, I love this film!
  22. Apr 21, 2014
    A great thrilling movie. Great acting by all with a stand out performance by Kevin Spacey. The action was great in this film was awesome. And the way the stories were really cool and well done. And then the ending came and holy I can honestly say I didn't see that one coming that's all I am going to say so that I don't give anything away.

1. A near-classic blend of mystery, personality, humor and terror, laced with one stunning shock after another. [18 August 1995, Friday, p.C]
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    Look out for everything, and listen, too, because Suspects is one of the most densely plotted mysteries in memory.
    Dense, ironic and thoroughly engrossing caper melodrama.