8.3

1. Dec 16, 2014
    This is an outstanding movie of Jesus' life. It is word for word from the Good News translation Bible, which is a good thing to do in a Bible movie. The acting and sets were very good, and it was a refreshing movie when compared to many other movies about Jesus' life. I would say the portrayal of Jesus is very good, and it was played with a lot of passion to honor His life story.
  2. Feb 13, 2014
    The Gospel of John vividly portrays, word for word from the Gospel according to John, the life of Jesus from the beginning of his mission to the time just before his ascension into heaven. Superb acting, sets, costumes, and more importantly the Son of Man's message of hope comes across in terms we all can understand.
  3. Sep 7, 2013
    It sucks, don't get it. Don't watch. Don't look at it. Just don't.................................................................................
  4. AFS.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Great film makes the unique character of this Gospel come through. Too bad few other films take this purist approach. Convincing acting, good cast. We need more like it.
  5. JaredB.
    Jan 17, 2007
    This film is amazing! The acting, writing, direction, and production design were all brilliant. Henry Ian Cusick gives a terrific performance as Jesus. I would have to say that He's even better than Jim Caviezel, and that's saying a lot. If you haven't seen this film, I very highly recommend it.
  6. JacobF.
    Aug 22, 2005
    Just see it...you'll get it.
  7. a70eezchild
    Feb 27, 2005
    Excellent film!
  8. RobinB.
    Feb 8, 2004
    I am a nonreligious viewer who thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful movie. Acting, narration, direction, cinematography, etc. all very well done. Maybe 3 hours is a bit long to see it in the theater, but I watched it on DVD in several parts at a time and I was never bored at all. I was glad to hear the entire text instead of a cut down version (especially with all the controversy throughout I am a nonreligious viewer who thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful movie. Acting, narration, direction, cinematography, etc. all very well done. Maybe 3 hours is a bit long to see it in the theater, but I watched it on DVD in several parts at a time and I was never bored at all. I was glad to hear the entire text instead of a cut down version (especially with all the controversy throughout history over text itself). My only complaint is I would have preferred a more multicultural cast and I hope future films in the series will improve on this. Expand
  9. TonyM.
    Feb 4, 2004
    Watch holy paint dry.
  10. DianneS.
    Dec 11, 2003
    How wonderful to have a movie whose "dialogue" was written by THE Grand Writer of all Creation!
  11. AnthonyM.
    Dec 8, 2003
    It's nice to see a movie based on 100% fact! Believe and you shall be saved!
  12. GersonP.
    Dec 8, 2003
    All praise be to Jesus the King of King and Lord of Lord. This movie was excellent. I hope this movie will inspire more christian movie producers to make more movie about the Bible. Im tired of these new age movies that produces violence. I pray that this producer will come out with a new movie and I will get my whole church to go. Its time for christians to take of the enterainment business.
  13. PeggyO.
    Nov 21, 2003
    The best Biblically-based movie I've ever seen. It's about time someone had the courage to present the gospel as written in truth. The Word of God does not need fabrication or exaggeration to enhance what already is the most exciting, inspiring and wonderful love story ever written.

1. This well-made epic boasts carefully researched production values and the talents of classically trained actors, but by literally playing it by the book, the picture loses something dramatic in the translation.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Dramatically powerful, surprising in its strong narrative differences from previous cinematic tellings of "the greatest story" and bold in the extent to which it presents Jesus as a confrontational and threatening figure in the Judean context of the time.
  3. Altogether too faithful to its source. The makers of this ponderously middlebrow Canadian production have re-created the Gospel of John in its pristine entirety -- word for word, miracle for miracle.