tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Mar 3, 2013
    Just when I finished reading the 30+ page TIME article about our broken medical system, I go see this movie. It's a very verite look at a public hospital's ER department. People spend hours, even days, waiting for medical help (more like a free clinic that an ER). Most of them don't have insurance and many don't have jobs. Meanwhile, the staff patiently and empathetically tries to deal with the backlog. While only 2 stories are followed in detail, there are glimpses of many more…and this is one of the film's flaws. It shows a mass of problems without solutions, preaching or emotional investment. It effectively spotlights the issue, but doesn't make for especially moving cinema. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ann Hornaday
    Nov 30, 2012
    With grace, discretion and supreme tact, Nicks sweeps viewers to a climactic montage that wordlessly honors the best ways we care for one another. The Waiting Room bears poetic witness to an overlooked fact: America's health care system may be broken, but its people are anything but.
  2. Reviewed by: Wesley Morris
    Nov 29, 2012
    The movie observes the general misery of needing serious medical treatment and the particular awfulness of needing medical treatment you can't pay for.
  3. Reviewed by: Mick LaSalle
    Oct 18, 2012
    This is human drama at its most intense and universal. This is the rare film that can change the way you think and see the world.