8.5

Sep 2, 2002
    It was very funny.
  2. MackenzieV.
    Sep 4, 2002
    This movie was hilarious. I loved it soo much.
  3. LisaM.
    Aug 19, 2003
    FUnniest movie I have ever seen!
  4. PhyllisD.
    Feb 9, 2004
    This movie left me thinking about how true to life "Roses" is. People once in passionate love and passionately hate. It is just the flip-side of the emotion love.
  5. SunnyG
    Jan 2, 2007
    Apt handling of subject. Great movie. So true...There is no winner, better get out of the divorce as quickly as possible if it becomes inevitable.
  6. SandraN
    Jul 27, 2007
    The best comedy i have ever seen. Michael Douglas & Kathleen Turner were made for the parts they played in this classic comedy. I have looked everywhere to get the DVD for this movie.
  7. PatC.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Best divorce movie I've seen. As sometimes happens, the partners blame each other for their psychoses, so it's a cautionary tale where the only alternative guidance that is offered is precious little, by DeVito as narrator.

1. Although the movie goes too far, you can hardly get enough of its delicious atmosphere - and of Turner, in particular, who has never looked better on the big screen. [8 Dec 1989]
  2. The ending is especially inventive, managing to be sour, cynical, sentimental, and upbeat at the same time. [22 Dec 1989]
    The movie treads a dangerous line. There are times when its ferocity threatens to break through the boundaries of comedy - to become so unremitting we find we cannot laugh.