5.6

1. Jul 30, 2012
    I'm pretty surprised this movie got such negative reviews from the critics. I laughed virtually the whole movie and so did everyone else in the theater. I guess if you're expecting a dumb, funny, goofy buddy movie go see it, it's a good middle of the summer flick
  2. Sep 5, 2012
    If you didn't toke up before seeing The Watch, you are not qualified to review it. Believe me, if you are a member of this film's target audience (which DOES NOT include old, pretentious film critics) you will laugh your ass off, guaranteed. Smoke a j, grab a mountain dew, and enjoy Stiller, Vaughn, Hill, and co. doing what they do best.
  3. Jul 29, 2012
    This is the kick-ass-est movie of the year, guys. It had comedy, horror, action, and more comedy. The laughs were non-stop, about 5 a minute during the funny bits, in between the action and horror bits. This movie is truly guy-humor comedy gold, but as a girl I effing loved it so it has something for everyone as long as you're not easily offended. I dare you to not like it.
  4. Jul 29, 2012
    I laughed so hard... and everyone else in the theater did too. I don't know what the critics are thinking but my suggestion is to ignore them and go watch this if you want a great laugh.
  5. Jul 30, 2012
    This is a movie starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill. There is a good amount of vulgar humor involved. Based on these two statements, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not you will enjoy this movie. I found this movie to be very funny, definitely worth the ticket price. Richard Ayoade (the fourth member of the watch) did a great job in my opinion. He didn'tThis is a movie starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill. There is a good amount of vulgar humor involved. Based on these two statements, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not you will enjoy this movie. I found this movie to be very funny, definitely worth the ticket price. Richard Ayoade (the fourth member of the watch) did a great job in my opinion. He didn't steal the show, but I found a couple of his lines to be the highlights of the movie. Expand
  6. Mar 3, 2013
    I never thought I'd see the day Ben Stiller would actually star in a movie worth watching. The Watch was more than worth watching, it's hilarious and cleverly written. Yes, it has immature jokes and yes the musical score is just downright bad but that's the thing; it manages to be bad in a good way, it gets everything right and it just makes for this relaxed science-fiction comedy thatI never thought I'd see the day Ben Stiller would actually star in a movie worth watching. The Watch was more than worth watching, it's hilarious and cleverly written. Yes, it has immature jokes and yes the musical score is just downright bad but that's the thing; it manages to be bad in a good way, it gets everything right and it just makes for this relaxed science-fiction comedy that doesn't go too deep, doesn't leave any unanswered questions and wraps up the story in a great way with explosions to boot. Of course, as soon as I discovered a cameo appearance by R. Lee Ermey (FMJ) and a lead role by Richard Ayoade (I.T crowd) I knew this movie had to be good. The other characters were great too, Jonah Hill (as Franklin) and Vince Vaughn made for a great team. And for once the lead female role isn't overly dramatic, Rosemarie DeWitt (as Abby) puts in a great performance despite not getting as much screen-time as the guys. I'm not sure why this movie is as underrated as it is, I thought it was a great departure from all the overly serious science-fiction movies that have come out lately. This one had everything most of those movies are missing; a plot, people we can identify with and character development and best of all: a pacing that makes it feel like time flew by. To think that I was considering not watching it when I noticed Ben Stiller's head on the box! Expand
  7. May 7, 2013
    The watch turned out to be exactly what I expected and wanted it to be, and that is a rude, crude, and immature comedy with just enough vulgarity and absurdity to send it over the top. As with most comedies like this one I enjoyed laughing my ass off at it. The cast comes together perfectly and their chemistry helps the laughs feel so natural. In the end it's a top notch vulgar comedy thatThe watch turned out to be exactly what I expected and wanted it to be, and that is a rude, crude, and immature comedy with just enough vulgarity and absurdity to send it over the top. As with most comedies like this one I enjoyed laughing my ass off at it. The cast comes together perfectly and their chemistry helps the laughs feel so natural. In the end it's a top notch vulgar comedy that I just enjoyed watching, and if this is your kind of comedy you'll enjoy it as well. Expand
  8. Jan 2, 2013
    Brilliant. It may be "immature" but it's also a great film. I don't get the dislike for the film and whilst it isn't a laugh-a-minute, neither are other great action-comedies such as Big Trouble In Little China or Ghostbusters (although it does have more laughs and is more comedy orientated than both). There are also some genuinely clever laugh out loud moments too, and the film as a wholeBrilliant. It may be "immature" but it's also a great film. I don't get the dislike for the film and whilst it isn't a laugh-a-minute, neither are other great action-comedies such as Big Trouble In Little China or Ghostbusters (although it does have more laughs and is more comedy orientated than both). There are also some genuinely clever laugh out loud moments too, and the film as a whole flows really well. Light-hearted, silly fun that - judging by the reviews - isn't for the more serious people out there, but IS for those who like a carefree, laddish laugh. Great stuff. Expand
  9. Aug 26, 2012
    Very funny film. In the theater I'm laughting a lot and too loudy :)
    After the filem, I came back at home and was surprised to see such low rating here.
    It's one of the best comedies since last several years I've seen
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    Excellent movie, even with some jokes does not make you laugh, the combination science fiction-comedy is perfect. If you want to have fun with your friends, watch this movie.
  11. Jun 4, 2013
    You know, at first I thought this movie felt like a dud, but I stuck it out and really enjoyed it. Good work on the part of the actors for pulling this thing out of a nose-dive. Everything came back around, even if sometimes predictably, and by the end of the movie I had a smile on my face.
  12. Jan 14, 2013
    I don't know why people dislike this movie because it was hilarious and full of action. In my opinion it was one of the best comedies of 2012. Sometimes it was a little over the top but still a masterpiece of comedy.
  13. Feb 8, 2013
    This was really, really funny! Maybe you just have to have lived in suburbia and shopped at Costco to appreciate the humor! Or maybe the reviewers who disliked this movie live in suburbia, shop at Costco, and are easily offended.
  14. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm really scratching my head as to why this has such low reviews. The jokes are hilarious, great dry humor, Vince Vaughn at his best and nothing stupid to underestimate the audience. I also enjoyed the fact that the music is far and between in the movie allowing the characters and dialect to breathe from scene to scene. I laughed the whole way through and would rank this up there withI'm really scratching my head as to why this has such low reviews. The jokes are hilarious, great dry humor, Vince Vaughn at his best and nothing stupid to underestimate the audience. I also enjoyed the fact that the music is far and between in the movie allowing the characters and dialect to breathe from scene to scene. I laughed the whole way through and would rank this up there with Wedding Crashers and Old School, see it sober or high, you'll laugh until the end. Expand
  15. Jan 15, 2014
    I believe this was a fantastic movie and was hilarious. I wish they made more movies like this. My opinion of the people who don't this movie don't have a sense of humor and are probably going to die alone.

1. Reviewed by: William Thomas
    Aug 27, 2012
    Lacking the bite of "Attack The Block," Stiller and co. are happy to fall back on their usual shtick, with director Schaffer providing barely enough juice to power the laughs.
  2. Reviewed by: Ellen E. Jones
    Aug 25, 2012
    If you can ignore the disturbing parallels with recent events, this middle-aged, Middle-American "Attack The Block" raises a laugh.
  3. Reviewed by: David Fear
    Jul 28, 2012
    There's a secret weapon embedded within The Watch, however, and his name is Richard Ayoade.