5.6

1. Dec 13, 2014
    Do not be fooled by the impressive cast because this film is utterly atrocious. The story is weak to say the least whilst the characters are so unappealing that I can't even remember their names. The plot twist is not clever, nor is it even needed because like the whole production it is basically a disgraceful, appalling and ridiculous proposition. Avoid setting your eyes upon this monstrosity.
  2. Oct 4, 2014
    This movie was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, with early reviews that I read I thought it was going to be awful. It wasn't very good by any means but the comedy just seemed to hit me in the right way at times ti make most of the movie an enjoyable watch. An all-star comedy cast that was rolled were pretty funny but definitely not the best roles of any of there carers.
  3. May 25, 2014
    Better then what others have said about it i actually liked this film sure it's not a great movie but for what it's plot is about couldn't expect that much from it and maybe it's the actors that help the movie. The movie follows a group of guys that start a neighbor hood watch after Even's (Ben Stiller) friend get's killed at his work. they come to find out that it was aliens that killedBetter then what others have said about it i actually liked this film sure it's not a great movie but for what it's plot is about couldn't expect that much from it and maybe it's the actors that help the movie. The movie follows a group of guys that start a neighbor hood watch after Even's (Ben Stiller) friend get's killed at his work. they come to find out that it was aliens that killed him and are killing other people in the town and taking over their bodies and taking shelter in the local Costco.

They start to expect that everyone is a alien and don't trust them anymore. Evan thinks that his new neighbor Billy Crudup is a alien and he invites them over for a party with they end up thinking it's a meeting for the aliens but ends up only being a neighborhood orgy. This is part where we see a band "The Lonely Island" jerking each other off i thought that was just too funny and couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes. In the end they end up killing all the aliens by blowing up the Costco

Overall i give it a 6.0 definitely a better watch then what i thought it was going to be maybe ill give it another watch in a couple months
  4. Jan 15, 2014
    I believe this was a fantastic movie and was hilarious. I wish they made more movies like this. My opinion of the people who don't this movie don't have a sense of humor and are probably going to die alone.
  5. Nov 28, 2013
    Nie wiem dlaczego film zbiera aż takie złe recenzje. Rozumiem że nie jest to jakieś zaskakujące i pełne polotu kino, ale to dobrze zrobiona, luźna komedia w amerykańskim stylu, którą się po prostu przyjemnie ogląda. Jeżeli ktoś lubi takie poczucie humoru oczywiście. Nie można od tego filmu zbyt wiele wymagać, a wtedy ogląda sie go fajnie.
  6. Sep 9, 2013
    I watched this movie yesterday, expecting it to be a fun take on the "Alien invasion" genrè. Sadly, I was mistaken. From the start, the movie fails miserably to be funny, that is, unless you find an endless stream of talk about genitals amusing. The excitement fails to materialise as the movie drags on towards it's ending, even as you sit, hoping that something can be salvaged from thisI watched this movie yesterday, expecting it to be a fun take on the "Alien invasion" genrè. Sadly, I was mistaken. From the start, the movie fails miserably to be funny, that is, unless you find an endless stream of talk about genitals amusing. The excitement fails to materialise as the movie drags on towards it's ending, even as you sit, hoping that something can be salvaged from this train wreck of a movie.

The acting is uninspired, the actors seem as embarrassed to be part of this as you will be to watch it, the humor is, depending on your taste for crudity, either lacking, or completely non-existing. The end brings not excitement, but relief that this movie finally ends.

In conclusion, do not waste your money or time on this, watch in stead "Evolution", which while it relies on some of the same crude humor, at least succeeds to be amusing using the same theme of Alien invasion and hopeless heroes.
  7. Aug 11, 2013
    I would give this movie a -10 but couldn't. Bad acting, stupid, vulgar, not funny, waste of my time, I could go on. Ben Stiller continues to make F- movies and cashing in all the way to the bank!
  8. Jul 31, 2013
    The only thing the movie has got going for it is a decent set of actors. The concept of the movie is not bad too, but the implementation of it is utter tripe. Whoever wrote the script for this movie might as well be the homeless guy they picked off a street corner. The movie obviously was given a decent budget, they've hired big name actors and the CGI is fairly good, but everything apartThe only thing the movie has got going for it is a decent set of actors. The concept of the movie is not bad too, but the implementation of it is utter tripe. Whoever wrote the script for this movie might as well be the homeless guy they picked off a street corner. The movie obviously was given a decent budget, they've hired big name actors and the CGI is fairly good, but everything apart from that reeks of amateurish nonsense. It's clear this movie tried to be a comedy, but the jokes are dire. The story makes no sense, and the lack of a presence of humour doesn't alleviate that problem. The attempts at humour are all predictable and old. Expand
  9. Jul 22, 2013
    This film suffers with poor pace and repetitive jokes. Too many long gaps where little is happening. It felt like they were making it up as they went along and although the main cast members are fine actors this is not one I will watch again.
  10. Jul 8, 2013
    How does a movie this funny tank so badly? The comedies that do well these days aren't usually my style, and yet I ended up really enjoying this strange but hilarious film. Stiller was, for once in a long while, actually kind of reserved in his role in this film. The twist in this film was totally bizarre and since I hadn't seen any trailers for it, it caught me totally off guard. IHow does a movie this funny tank so badly? The comedies that do well these days aren't usually my style, and yet I ended up really enjoying this strange but hilarious film. Stiller was, for once in a long while, actually kind of reserved in his role in this film. The twist in this film was totally bizarre and since I hadn't seen any trailers for it, it caught me totally off guard. I really do recommend this film. Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm really scratching my head as to why this has such low reviews. The jokes are hilarious, great dry humor, Vince Vaughn at his best and nothing stupid to underestimate the audience. I also enjoyed the fact that the music is far and between in the movie allowing the characters and dialect to breathe from scene to scene. I laughed the whole way through and would rank this up there withI'm really scratching my head as to why this has such low reviews. The jokes are hilarious, great dry humor, Vince Vaughn at his best and nothing stupid to underestimate the audience. I also enjoyed the fact that the music is far and between in the movie allowing the characters and dialect to breathe from scene to scene. I laughed the whole way through and would rank this up there with Wedding Crashers and Old School, see it sober or high, you'll laugh until the end. Expand
  12. Jun 12, 2013
    Had its funny moments but it could have been much better. The plot was good and the cast great for a comedy. The director and the producers should have done a better job here
  13. Jun 8, 2013
    they say Ben Stiller movies some ON and some OFF, well this one is OFF, actually it's too OFF this time that it's barely unwatchable,
    not totally unwatchable because there are FEW good scenes but the movie seems lazily produced, lazily written and lazily directed.
    i mean beyond the fact that the story is so dull and weird, the only way that you could know that this is a comedy movie is by reading the word "comedy" on the blue-ray box, THAT'S IT.
    the characters is so lazily written that you don't even know what the hell is Jonah Hill role, he just standing there doing absolutely nothing, and what's with the British guy, you can totally remove him and that would not effect the movie at all, but then they decided to spice it up and make him an alien REALLY?
    if this is where the comedy is going then we all completely doomed.
  14. Jun 4, 2013
    You know, at first I thought this movie felt like a dud, but I stuck it out and really enjoyed it. Good work on the part of the actors for pulling this thing out of a nose-dive. Everything came back around, even if sometimes predictably, and by the end of the movie I had a smile on my face.
  15. Jun 2, 2013
    Let's look at the concept behind this movie: Get 3 of the most 'popular' comedians out there and have them investigate weird and spooky going on in their neighborhood. Who you gonna call? If you said Ghostbuster, but with Aliens instead of ghosts, then you just got that one single film that The Watch tried so hard to emulate. What you get though is one the biggest flop of 2012, a film soLet's look at the concept behind this movie: Get 3 of the most 'popular' comedians out there and have them investigate weird and spooky going on in their neighborhood. Who you gonna call? If you said Ghostbuster, but with Aliens instead of ghosts, then you just got that one single film that The Watch tried so hard to emulate. What you get though is one the biggest flop of 2012, a film so bad that it deserves every score that the critics gave it. The casts, including Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill and Vince Vaughn tried so hard to make it funny, but they failed miserably. One of the worst film of the year Expand
  16. May 16, 2013
    All's forgiven if it's funny right? It might be a little hokey and unbelievable but the difference between this one and others that are complete garbage is that this movie is funny.
  17. May 7, 2013
    The watch turned out to be exactly what I expected and wanted it to be, and that is a rude, crude, and immature comedy with just enough vulgarity and absurdity to send it over the top. As with most comedies like this one I enjoyed laughing my ass off at it. The cast comes together perfectly and their chemistry helps the laughs feel so natural. In the end it's a top notch vulgar comedy thatThe watch turned out to be exactly what I expected and wanted it to be, and that is a rude, crude, and immature comedy with just enough vulgarity and absurdity to send it over the top. As with most comedies like this one I enjoyed laughing my ass off at it. The cast comes together perfectly and their chemistry helps the laughs feel so natural. In the end it's a top notch vulgar comedy that I just enjoyed watching, and if this is your kind of comedy you'll enjoy it as well. Expand
  18. Mar 15, 2013
    So much comedic talent wasted on such an unfunny boring alien invasion movie. Besides a few chuckles here or there this film is just a waste of time.
  19. Mar 8, 2013
    The Watch may have an inconsistent tone and some jokes may fall flat, but the film at least has interesting characters, with some nice dumb fun along the way.
  20. Mar 3, 2013
    I never thought I'd see the day Ben Stiller would actually star in a movie worth watching. The Watch was more than worth watching, it's hilarious and cleverly written. Yes, it has immature jokes and yes the musical score is just downright bad but that's the thing; it manages to be bad in a good way, it gets everything right and it just makes for this relaxed science-fiction comedy thatI never thought I'd see the day Ben Stiller would actually star in a movie worth watching. The Watch was more than worth watching, it's hilarious and cleverly written. Yes, it has immature jokes and yes the musical score is just downright bad but that's the thing; it manages to be bad in a good way, it gets everything right and it just makes for this relaxed science-fiction comedy that doesn't go too deep, doesn't leave any unanswered questions and wraps up the story in a great way with explosions to boot. Of course, as soon as I discovered a cameo appearance by R. Lee Ermey (FMJ) and a lead role by Richard Ayoade (I.T crowd) I knew this movie had to be good. The other characters were great too, Jonah Hill (as Franklin) and Vince Vaughn made for a great team. And for once the lead female role isn't overly dramatic, Rosemarie DeWitt (as Abby) puts in a great performance despite not getting as much screen-time as the guys. I'm not sure why this movie is as underrated as it is, I thought it was a great departure from all the overly serious science-fiction movies that have come out lately. This one had everything most of those movies are missing; a plot, people we can identify with and character development and best of all: a pacing that makes it feel like time flew by. To think that I was considering not watching it when I noticed Ben Stiller's head on the box! Expand
  21. Feb 21, 2013
    I really enjoyed this movie, I laughed heaps, as did everyone else in the theater. I can understand why people would not like this film as Neighborhood watch fighting skin-stealing aliens is a pretty damn stupid movie concept. It depends on your expectations when you watch the film, I knew it had bad reviews, and that it was about a Neighborhood watch, but that was all I knew about theI really enjoyed this movie, I laughed heaps, as did everyone else in the theater. I can understand why people would not like this film as Neighborhood watch fighting skin-stealing aliens is a pretty damn stupid movie concept. It depends on your expectations when you watch the film, I knew it had bad reviews, and that it was about a Neighborhood watch, but that was all I knew about the film so it really wasn't what I was expecting at all. Sometimes stupid movies are just really fun, it really depends on your mood when you watch it, and who you watch it with, which I find is the same with like 'Family Guy' among other things. Expand
  22. Feb 9, 2013
    Very Poor, looking at the cast I thought this movie would be brilliant. Very hard to find a laugh unless you look in your pocket and realise you spent money on this trash.
  23. Feb 8, 2013
    This was really, really funny! Maybe you just have to have lived in suburbia and shopped at Costco to appreciate the humor! Or maybe the reviewers who disliked this movie live in suburbia, shop at Costco, and are easily offended.
  24. Feb 5, 2013
    A pretty decent comedy that does try to do something a little different. Some really great jokes, but unfortunately some rather poor writing for the parts in between jokes. I always find it funny how I can not find Ben Stiller funny in almost any movie he's in. He actually does better when he plays more serious roles. Jonah Hill tries far too hard, but I think that is also just to badA pretty decent comedy that does try to do something a little different. Some really great jokes, but unfortunately some rather poor writing for the parts in between jokes. I always find it funny how I can not find Ben Stiller funny in almost any movie he's in. He actually does better when he plays more serious roles. Jonah Hill tries far too hard, but I think that is also just to bad writing and character concept. Vince Vaughn just nails his role and creates a funny, but believable character. Billy Crudup is just all round funny. His jokes are great but also feel a little out of place in parts. Overall: Not a brilliant comedy, but for the most part it was better than I expected it to be and and had some pretty well done special effects. Expand
  25. Jan 14, 2013
    I don't know why people dislike this movie because it was hilarious and full of action. In my opinion it was one of the best comedies of 2012. Sometimes it was a little over the top but still a masterpiece of comedy.
  26. Jan 2, 2013
    A fair film. It has some funny moments. The strength and absurdity of the characters creates some of the really funny bits early on, but as the plots develop some of this is lost into the usual feel good comedy plot - do weirdoes haves to show personal growth? Vince Vaughn is great as usual. The humour is a bit crude but if you don't overthink it, it is a fun way to spend an evening; andA fair film. It has some funny moments. The strength and absurdity of the characters creates some of the really funny bits early on, but as the plots develop some of this is lost into the usual feel good comedy plot - do weirdoes haves to show personal growth? Vince Vaughn is great as usual. The humour is a bit crude but if you don't overthink it, it is a fun way to spend an evening; and doesn't require so much attention that you can't cook dinner in between. Expand
  27. Jan 2, 2013
    Brilliant. It may be "immature" but it's also a great film. I don't get the dislike for the film and whilst it isn't a laugh-a-minute, neither are other great action-comedies such as Big Trouble In Little China or Ghostbusters (although it does have more laughs and is more comedy orientated than both). There are also some genuinely clever laugh out loud moments too, and the film as a wholeBrilliant. It may be "immature" but it's also a great film. I don't get the dislike for the film and whilst it isn't a laugh-a-minute, neither are other great action-comedies such as Big Trouble In Little China or Ghostbusters (although it does have more laughs and is more comedy orientated than both). There are also some genuinely clever laugh out loud moments too, and the film as a whole flows really well. Light-hearted, silly fun that - judging by the reviews - isn't for the more serious people out there, but IS for those who like a carefree, laddish laugh. Great stuff. Expand
  28. Dec 16, 2012
    The first half of the movie is a little rough but the second half (last 40 mins) are rather good and make the movie worth watching. Only problems I had with it was the incredibly large amount of product placement (to the point where it's just annoying and frustrating) and the immature jokes. A few i can take but there were so many immature jokes that it just got stale.
  29. Nov 29, 2012
    This movie definitely had some hilarious moments but it turned into a really strange science fiction movie that just didn't seem entertaining. The funniest parts of the film were all in the previews and all of the weird crap just took over the actual movie.
  30. Nov 22, 2012
    A comedy is supposed to make you laugh, right ? Well, I did not laugh once. Vince Vaughn's overpowering presence was a big part of why this movie was so awful. He does the same thing for 20 years now, and it gets ever more annoying.
    A complete and utter waste of time.
  31. Nov 15, 2012
    Just an average film or even below average at certain points. I expected more because of Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill but this movie didn't do the magic for me. There are a couple of funny moments which really make you laugh but they're not enough for a film to be considered good especially when you are expecting much more because of the people attached to the movie. The plot had so muchJust an average film or even below average at certain points. I expected more because of Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill but this movie didn't do the magic for me. There are a couple of funny moments which really make you laugh but they're not enough for a film to be considered good especially when you are expecting much more because of the people attached to the movie. The plot had so much potential but the screenplay wasn't that powerful or inspiring. Expand
  32. Nov 7, 2012
    This movie is offensively unfunny. I want to sue someone for the 30 minutes I wasted on it. It's as though someone wrote a vague story line while out of their tree on alcohol or other stimulants, then these mega-egos got together and thought they could make it hilarious by ad-libbing the entire way through it. They couldn't. They are painfully, horribly unfunny. Maybe they will get a fewThis movie is offensively unfunny. I want to sue someone for the 30 minutes I wasted on it. It's as though someone wrote a vague story line while out of their tree on alcohol or other stimulants, then these mega-egos got together and thought they could make it hilarious by ad-libbing the entire way through it. They couldn't. They are painfully, horribly unfunny. Maybe they will get a few **** out of a few undiscerning 14-year old boys.

Atrocious.
  33. Nov 5, 2012
    The plot flatlines- not at a point in the film, but through the entire film. For an R rated comedy with aliens, guns, and explosions, The Watch is extremely boring.
  34. Oct 2, 2012
    Excellent movie, even with some jokes does not make you laugh, the combination science fiction-comedy is perfect. If you want to have fun with your friends, watch this movie.
  35. Sep 24, 2012
    Saw this movie almost 2 months ago and my opinion is still the same. It is the worst comedy I have seen all year. J Hill seems like he is phoning in his performance. Vaughn is doing his normal annoying shtick. Worst product placements in a movie ever. This should of never been released during the summer. It should of been straight to DVD.
  36. Sep 5, 2012
    If you didn't toke up before seeing The Watch, you are not qualified to review it. Believe me, if you are a member of this film's target audience (which DOES NOT include old, pretentious film critics) you will laugh your ass off, guaranteed. Smoke a j, grab a mountain dew, and enjoy Stiller, Vaughn, Hill, and co. doing what they do best.
  37. Sep 1, 2012
    'The Watch' has been poorly reviewed and everyone seems to be dissapointed with it, but I wasn't. I enjoyed it. 'The Watch' WAS actually funny, it made me laugh then the majority of modern comedies, which are usually poor. The cast is brilliant. 'The Watch' has four strong lead actors, Jonah Hill & Richard Ayoade being the strongest, Ben Stiller being the weakest and Vince Vaughn is better'The Watch' has been poorly reviewed and everyone seems to be dissapointed with it, but I wasn't. I enjoyed it. 'The Watch' WAS actually funny, it made me laugh then the majority of modern comedies, which are usually poor. The cast is brilliant. 'The Watch' has four strong lead actors, Jonah Hill & Richard Ayoade being the strongest, Ben Stiller being the weakest and Vince Vaughn is better then usual. The narrative and premise is fun and the aliens actually look good (from a design perspective).
    Overall 'The Watch' is a fun, crude, rude comedy that's better than the majority, but overall to most people it's either a hit or a miss, I'd definately recommend it, at least give it a try.
  38. Aug 26, 2012
    The movie has a view good laughs, but has several points in which the jokes fall flat. When you see this movie you need to appreciate the film for the story more than just the comedy. If you focus to much on the lack of good lines you won't be able to enjoy the film. Even with what the film lacks, I would definitely suggest you see it. It has wonderful cast and entertaining plot, justThe movie has a view good laughs, but has several points in which the jokes fall flat. When you see this movie you need to appreciate the film for the story more than just the comedy. If you focus to much on the lack of good lines you won't be able to enjoy the film. Even with what the film lacks, I would definitely suggest you see it. It has wonderful cast and entertaining plot, just remember not to take it too seriously. Expand
  39. Aug 26, 2012
    Very funny film. In the theater I'm laughting a lot and too loudy :)
    After the filem, I came back at home and was surprised to see such low rating here.
    It's one of the best comedies since last several years I've seen
  40. Aug 26, 2012
    This movie is ok to watch it with your friends once. Nice actors, especially Stiller and Vaughn. The plot is okay. But in total the film is average. I prefer Attack On The Block!
  41. Aug 16, 2012
    Listen, The Watch wasn't perfect by any means, but was it a funny? It certainly was and thats all that matters with a film like this. What do you expect with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill battling aliens? The Watch was funny, and awesome. Yes it got dull and boring and slightly annoying at some points but overall this was a funny movie, i was dying with laughter at some parts. IListen, The Watch wasn't perfect by any means, but was it a funny? It certainly was and thats all that matters with a film like this. What do you expect with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill battling aliens? The Watch was funny, and awesome. Yes it got dull and boring and slightly annoying at some points but overall this was a funny movie, i was dying with laughter at some parts. I give this a 7/10 Expand
  42. Aug 14, 2012
    Detestable, at best. There is not one character in this movie that has any likability. The dialogue is painfully unfunny, repetitive, and possesses the subtlety of a frying pan to the face. I don't necessarily look for high-brow jokes, but there's a difference between making jokes the masses get, and desperate humor that almost begs the audience to like it, pretty please with sugar onDetestable, at best. There is not one character in this movie that has any likability. The dialogue is painfully unfunny, repetitive, and possesses the subtlety of a frying pan to the face. I don't necessarily look for high-brow jokes, but there's a difference between making jokes the masses get, and desperate humor that almost begs the audience to like it, pretty please with sugar on top. Desperation is not appealing in any sense, but especially not in the comedy department. The plot is beyond ridiculous. The script should have been burned, the ashes buried, and the earth salted at the burial site so nothing can grow there again. Who greenlit this? How can any actors do a serious read on this and not have a piece of their soul die? There are no redeemable qualities to this movie whatsoever. Your money would be better spent elsewhere. Expand
  43. Aug 4, 2012
    The movie was pretty average. Plot and comedy were meh with only occasional laughs at sex jokes. I just was expecting a little more based on the actors and previous high quality films they've all been in as well as guys like Seth Rogen being involved. You'd think combining all this talent in one movie would be golden but the script just didn't allow it. I suggest waiting for DVD but it canThe movie was pretty average. Plot and comedy were meh with only occasional laughs at sex jokes. I just was expecting a little more based on the actors and previous high quality films they've all been in as well as guys like Seth Rogen being involved. You'd think combining all this talent in one movie would be golden but the script just didn't allow it. I suggest waiting for DVD but it can be theater worthy and not a bad way to spend an evening if you're otherwise free. Just don't go in expecting a comedy like Wedding Crashers, Old School, Meet the Parents, Superbad... yeah you get the point. Expand
  44. Aug 3, 2012
    This is an hour and a half Costco commercial with a not very good movie squeezed in. There is obnoxious product placement... And then there is this movie, which, to paraphrase, is some next level **** I felt I was being product raped. It seems obvious to me Stiller and Vaughn could not give a **** anymore and just filmed themselves and their friends riffing. Sometimes that can work.This is an hour and a half Costco commercial with a not very good movie squeezed in. There is obnoxious product placement... And then there is this movie, which, to paraphrase, is some next level **** I felt I was being product raped. It seems obvious to me Stiller and Vaughn could not give a **** anymore and just filmed themselves and their friends riffing. Sometimes that can work. Sometimes just the sheer chemistry of the cast can make a movie. The Oceans Eleven movies are a good example of this. Not this time. This feels like a blatant money grab and an excuse for Vaughn & Co. to hang out and make raunchy jokes. Watch it as a rental or download because this is the very definition of a time waster. Expand
  45. Jul 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, I thought this movie was completely awful. The previews are quite misleading. The previews have you believe it's a slapstick funny flick about some average guys who discover some aliens. In reality, the movie is a medley of immature sex/penis jokes, overall crude and vulgar language every 30 seconds, a plot with a potential to be cute and funny but was instead butchered, and maybe 3 actually funny moments. the movie doesn't stick to the plot either, as it jumps around between the guys's personal problems, it was like two movies smacked together. Not to mention there is a disgusting orgy halfway through. No warning at all, just a ton of people having graphic sex, a lot of naked people (which personally, I do NOT like to see in movies, there are other places for that), and a shot of several sex toys. I have no idea how these other people are rating it so high, it was dreadful. And before you say I'm some old lady prude, I am a regular 20 year old girl, and as a member of a generation that usually likes these kind of things, I was truly repulsed. I would NOT see it again and heartily wish I had seen something else instead. Expand
  46. Jul 30, 2012
    I'm pretty surprised this movie got such negative reviews from the critics. I laughed virtually the whole movie and so did everyone else in the theater. I guess if you're expecting a dumb, funny, goofy buddy movie go see it, it's a good middle of the summer flick
  47. Jul 30, 2012
    This is a movie starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill. There is a good amount of vulgar humor involved. Based on these two statements, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not you will enjoy this movie. I found this movie to be very funny, definitely worth the ticket price. Richard Ayoade (the fourth member of the watch) did a great job in my opinion. He didn'tThis is a movie starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill. There is a good amount of vulgar humor involved. Based on these two statements, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not you will enjoy this movie. I found this movie to be very funny, definitely worth the ticket price. Richard Ayoade (the fourth member of the watch) did a great job in my opinion. He didn't steal the show, but I found a couple of his lines to be the highlights of the movie. Expand
  48. Jul 29, 2012
    Cheap, superficial, and immature. Even though the movie tries to be packed with laughs, they're few and far between. The best part of this movie is Vince Vaughn.
  49. Jul 29, 2012
    I laughed so hard... and everyone else in the theater did too. I don't know what the critics are thinking but my suggestion is to ignore them and go watch this if you want a great laugh.
  50. Jul 29, 2012
    The Watch... the new movie of Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn, ok the movie have an interesting story, in that can appear some funny moments, but the problem is the next that the movie is really terrible, but the movie is really funny. The performances of Stiller and Hill are the most redeemable and the rest... I don't wanna talk about that. The movie is really good, have some cool and funnyThe Watch... the new movie of Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn, ok the movie have an interesting story, in that can appear some funny moments, but the problem is the next that the movie is really terrible, but the movie is really funny. The performances of Stiller and Hill are the most redeemable and the rest... I don't wanna talk about that. The movie is really good, have some cool and funny moments and it's all. Expand
  51. SFN
    Jul 29, 2012
    i was totally looking forward for this movie and walked out disappointed, i thought hey jonah hill and vince vaughn this should be funny and it wasn't, i didn't laugh not once, i probaly giggled once or twice but not actually laughed out loud, the movie is totally inappropriate too, i was expecting a few sex related things and that's it, not an entire movie with swearing or some sexi was totally looking forward for this movie and walked out disappointed, i thought hey jonah hill and vince vaughn this should be funny and it wasn't, i didn't laugh not once, i probaly giggled once or twice but not actually laughed out loud, the movie is totally inappropriate too, i was expecting a few sex related things and that's it, not an entire movie with swearing or some sex related thing, the overall movie is terrible and i don't how these people liked it, im disappointed in hill and vaughn for staring in the these piece of crap Expand
  52. Jul 29, 2012
    This is the kick-ass-est movie of the year, guys. It had comedy, horror, action, and more comedy. The laughs were non-stop, about 5 a minute during the funny bits, in between the action and horror bits. This movie is truly guy-humor comedy gold, but as a girl I effing loved it so it has something for everyone as long as you're not easily offended. I dare you to not like it.
  53. Jul 28, 2012
    The Watch is a ridiculous movie. The plot is so clichéd and many of the jokes are overly vulgar. But there is no denying that The Watch has a certain charm to it that for the most part keeps you engaged. This is largely due to its cast, which do their best with the script and provide some very good laughs. Had it been other comedic actors like Happy Madison actors this movie wouldThe Watch is a ridiculous movie. The plot is so clichéd and many of the jokes are overly vulgar. But there is no denying that The Watch has a certain charm to it that for the most part keeps you engaged. This is largely due to its cast, which do their best with the script and provide some very good laughs. Had it been other comedic actors like Happy Madison actors this movie would have been downright awful. I would only recommend this to people who enjoy stupid vulgar comedies. Don't go in expecting some great movie. I didn't and had a few laughs that I felt was somewhat worth it. Expand
  54. Jul 28, 2012
    Everything you have come to expect from Vaughn,Stiller, and Hill and surprisingly new comer (to US film) Ayoade is by far the most entertaining character.
  55. Jul 27, 2012
    "The Watch" definitely starts out a little slow, but picks up the comedic pace within about 10 minutes (thanks to Vince Vaughn). If you are the type of person that likes guys making awkward penis jokes and aliens getting shot to death in the crotch, then this is the film for you! It is definitely not for everyone, but it is definitely not half as bad as the critics are reporting. If you're"The Watch" definitely starts out a little slow, but picks up the comedic pace within about 10 minutes (thanks to Vince Vaughn). If you are the type of person that likes guys making awkward penis jokes and aliens getting shot to death in the crotch, then this is the film for you! It is definitely not for everyone, but it is definitely not half as bad as the critics are reporting. If you're a quasi-imature youngster age 14-25 (as I am) then you'll definitely have a good time.

8 stars out of 10!
  56. Jul 27, 2012
    The whole movie felt recycled and was unsure of what tone it wanted to take. I never once actually laughed, but instead forced a snicker and maybe once giggled. What makes it worse is the fact that Seth Rogen and Evan Goldsberg (Superbad and Pineapple Express) wrote it, and Stiller, Vaughn and Hill are Hollywood's top comedians. The film was just not funny at all and I'm a little worriedThe whole movie felt recycled and was unsure of what tone it wanted to take. I never once actually laughed, but instead forced a snicker and maybe once giggled. What makes it worse is the fact that Seth Rogen and Evan Goldsberg (Superbad and Pineapple Express) wrote it, and Stiller, Vaughn and Hill are Hollywood's top comedians. The film was just not funny at all and I'm a little worried that Hollywood has run out of original ideas. Expand

1. Reviewed by: William Thomas
    Aug 27, 2012
    Lacking the bite of "Attack The Block," Stiller and co. are happy to fall back on their usual shtick, with director Schaffer providing barely enough juice to power the laughs.
  2. Reviewed by: Ellen E. Jones
    Aug 25, 2012
    If you can ignore the disturbing parallels with recent events, this middle-aged, Middle-American "Attack The Block" raises a laugh.
  3. Reviewed by: David Fear
    Jul 28, 2012
    There's a secret weapon embedded within The Watch, however, and his name is Richard Ayoade.