5.5

1. May 25, 2014
    Better then what others have said about it i actually liked this film sure it's not a great movie but for what it's plot is about couldn't expect that much from it and maybe it's the actors that help the movie. The movie follows a group of guys that start a neighbor hood watch after Even's (Ben Stiller) friend get's killed at his work. they come to find out that it was aliens that killed him and are killing other people in the town and taking over their bodies and taking shelter in the local Costco.

They start to expect that everyone is a alien and don't trust them anymore. Evan thinks that his new neighbor Billy Crudup is a alien and he invites them over for a party with they end up thinking it's a meeting for the aliens but ends up only being a neighborhood orgy. This is part where we see a band "The Lonely Island" jerking each other off i thought that was just too funny and couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes. In the end they end up killing all the aliens by blowing up the Costco

Overall i give it a 6.0 definitely a better watch then what i thought it was going to be maybe ill give it another watch in a couple months
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    I believe this was a fantastic movie and was hilarious. I wish they made more movies like this. My opinion of the people who don't this movie don't have a sense of humor and are probably going to die alone.
  3. Nov 28, 2013
    Nie wiem dlaczego film zbiera aż takie złe recenzje. Rozumiem że nie jest to jakieś zaskakujące i pełne polotu kino, ale to dobrze zrobiona, luźna komedia w amerykańskim stylu, którą się po prostu przyjemnie ogląda. Jeżeli ktoś lubi takie poczucie humoru oczywiście. Nie można od tego filmu zbyt wiele wymagać, a wtedy ogląda sie go fajnie.
  4. Sep 9, 2013
    I watched this movie yesterday, expecting it to be a fun take on the "Alien invasion" genrè. Sadly, I was mistaken. From the start, the movie fails miserably to be funny, that is, unless you find an endless stream of talk about genitals amusing. The excitement fails to materialise as the movie drags on towards it's ending, even as you sit, hoping that something can be salvaged from this train wreck of a movie.

The acting is uninspired, the actors seem as embarrassed to be part of this as you will be to watch it, the humor is, depending on your taste for crudity, either lacking, or completely non-existing. The end brings not excitement, but relief that this movie finally ends.

In conclusion, do not waste your money or time on this, watch in stead "Evolution", which while it relies on some of the same crude humor, at least succeeds to be amusing using the same theme of Alien invasion and hopeless heroes.
  5. Aug 11, 2013
    I would give this movie a -10 but couldn't. Bad acting, stupid, vulgar, not funny, waste of my time, I could go on. Ben Stiller continues to make F- movies and cashing in all the way to the bank!
  6. Jul 31, 2013
    The only thing the movie has got going for it is a decent set of actors. The concept of the movie is not bad too, but the implementation of it is utter tripe. Whoever wrote the script for this movie might as well be the homeless guy they picked off a street corner. The movie obviously was given a decent budget, they've hired big name actors and the CGI is fairly good, but everything apart from that reeks of amateurish nonsense. It's clear this movie tried to be a comedy, but the jokes are dire. The story makes no sense, and the lack of a presence of humour doesn't alleviate that problem. The attempts at humour are all predictable and old. Expand
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    This film suffers with poor pace and repetitive jokes. Too many long gaps where little is happening. It felt like they were making it up as they went along and although the main cast members are fine actors this is not one I will watch again.
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    How does a movie this funny tank so badly? The comedies that do well these days aren't usually my style, and yet I ended up really enjoying this strange but hilarious film. Stiller was, for once in a long while, actually kind of reserved in his role in this film. The twist in this film was totally bizarre and since I hadn't seen any trailers for it, it caught me totally off guard. I really do recommend this film. Expand
  9. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm really scratching my head as to why this has such low reviews. The jokes are hilarious, great dry humor, Vince Vaughn at his best and nothing stupid to underestimate the audience. I also enjoyed the fact that the music is far and between in the movie allowing the characters and dialect to breathe from scene to scene. I laughed the whole way through and would rank this up there with Wedding Crashers and Old School, see it sober or high, you'll laugh until the end. Expand
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    Had its funny moments but it could have been much better. The plot was good and the cast great for a comedy. The director and the producers should have done a better job here
  11. Jun 8, 2013
    they say Ben Stiller movies some ON and some OFF, well this one is OFF, actually it's too OFF this time that it's barely unwatchable,
    not totally unwatchable because there are FEW good scenes but the movie seems lazily produced, lazily written and lazily directed.
    i mean beyond the fact that the story is so dull and weird, the only way that you could know that this is a comedy movie is
    by reading the word "comedy" on the blue-ray box, THAT'S IT.
    the characters is so lazily written that you don't even know what the hell is Jonah Hill role, he just standing there doing absolutely nothing, and what's with the British guy, you can totally remove him and that would not effect the movie at all, but then they decided to spice it up and make him an alien REALLY?
    if this is where the comedy is going then we all completely doomed.
  12. Jun 4, 2013
    You know, at first I thought this movie felt like a dud, but I stuck it out and really enjoyed it. Good work on the part of the actors for pulling this thing out of a nose-dive. Everything came back around, even if sometimes predictably, and by the end of the movie I had a smile on my face.
  13. Jun 2, 2013
    Let's look at the concept behind this movie: Get 3 of the most 'popular' comedians out there and have them investigate weird and spooky going on in their neighborhood. Who you gonna call? If you said Ghostbuster, but with Aliens instead of ghosts, then you just got that one single film that The Watch tried so hard to emulate. What you get though is one the biggest flop of 2012, a film so bad that it deserves every score that the critics gave it. The casts, including Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill and Vince Vaughn tried so hard to make it funny, but they failed miserably. One of the worst film of the year Expand
  14. May 16, 2013
    All's forgiven if it's funny right? It might be a little hokey and unbelievable but the difference between this one and others that are complete garbage is that this movie is funny.
  15. May 7, 2013
    The watch turned out to be exactly what I expected and wanted it to be, and that is a rude, crude, and immature comedy with just enough vulgarity and absurdity to send it over the top. As with most comedies like this one I enjoyed laughing my ass off at it. The cast comes together perfectly and their chemistry helps the laughs feel so natural. In the end it's a top notch vulgar comedy that I just enjoyed watching, and if this is your kind of comedy you'll enjoy it as well. Expand
  16. Mar 15, 2013
    So much comedic talent wasted on such an unfunny boring alien invasion movie. Besides a few chuckles here or there this film is just a waste of time.
  17. Mar 8, 2013
    The Watch may have an inconsistent tone and some jokes may fall flat, but the film at least has interesting characters, with some nice dumb fun along the way.
  18. Mar 3, 2013
    I never thought I'd see the day Ben Stiller would actually star in a movie worth watching. The Watch was more than worth watching, it's hilarious and cleverly written. Yes, it has immature jokes and yes the musical score is just downright bad but that's the thing; it manages to be bad in a good way, it gets everything right and it just makes for this relaxed science-fiction comedy that doesn't go too deep, doesn't leave any unanswered questions and wraps up the story in a great way with explosions to boot. Of course, as soon as I discovered a cameo appearance by R. Lee Ermey (FMJ) and a lead role by Richard Ayoade (I.T crowd) I knew this movie had to be good. The other characters were great too, Jonah Hill (as Franklin) and Vince Vaughn made for a great team. And for once the lead female role isn't overly dramatic, Rosemarie DeWitt (as Abby) puts in a great performance despite not getting as much screen-time as the guys. I'm not sure why this movie is as underrated as it is, I thought it was a great departure from all the overly serious science-fiction movies that have come out lately. This one had everything most of those movies are missing; a plot, people we can identify with and character development and best of all: a pacing that makes it feel like time flew by. To think that I was considering not watching it when I noticed Ben Stiller's head on the box! Expand
  19. Feb 21, 2013
    I really enjoyed this movie, I laughed heaps, as did everyone else in the theater. I can understand why people would not like this film as Neighborhood watch fighting skin-stealing aliens is a pretty damn stupid movie concept. It depends on your expectations when you watch the film, I knew it had bad reviews, and that it was about a Neighborhood watch, but that was all I knew about the film so it really wasn't what I was expecting at all. Sometimes stupid movies are just really fun, it really depends on your mood when you watch it, and who you watch it with, which I find is the same with like 'Family Guy' among other things. Expand
  20. Feb 9, 2013
    Very Poor, looking at the cast I thought this movie would be brilliant. Very hard to find a laugh unless you look in your pocket and realise you spent money on this trash.
  21. Feb 8, 2013
    This was really, really funny! Maybe you just have to have lived in suburbia and shopped at Costco to appreciate the humor! Or maybe the reviewers who disliked this movie live in suburbia, shop at Costco, and are easily offended.
  22. Feb 5, 2013
    A pretty decent comedy that does try to do something a little different. Some really great jokes, but unfortunately some rather poor writing for the parts in between jokes. I always find it funny how I can not find Ben Stiller funny in almost any movie he's in. He actually does better when he plays more serious roles. Jonah Hill tries far too hard, but I think that is also just to bad writing and character concept. Vince Vaughn just nails his role and creates a funny, but believable character. Billy Crudup is just all round funny. His jokes are great but also feel a little out of place in parts. Overall: Not a brilliant comedy, but for the most part it was better than I expected it to be and and had some pretty well done special effects. Expand
  23. Jan 14, 2013
    I don't know why people dislike this movie because it was hilarious and full of action. In my opinion it was one of the best comedies of 2012. Sometimes it was a little over the top but still a masterpiece of comedy.
  24. Jan 2, 2013
    A fair film. It has some funny moments. The strength and absurdity of the characters creates some of the really funny bits early on, but as the plots develop some of this is lost into the usual feel good comedy plot - do weirdoes haves to show personal growth? Vince Vaughn is great as usual. The humour is a bit crude but if you don't overthink it, it is a fun way to spend an evening; and doesn't require so much attention that you can't cook dinner in between. Expand
  25. Jan 2, 2013
    Brilliant. It may be "immature" but it's also a great film. I don't get the dislike for the film and whilst it isn't a laugh-a-minute, neither are other great action-comedies such as Big Trouble In Little China or Ghostbusters (although it does have more laughs and is more comedy orientated than both). There are also some genuinely clever laugh out loud moments too, and the film as a whole flows really well. Light-hearted, silly fun that - judging by the reviews - isn't for the more serious people out there, but IS for those who like a carefree, laddish laugh. Great stuff. Expand
  26. Dec 16, 2012
    The first half of the movie is a little rough but the second half (last 40 mins) are rather good and make the movie worth watching. Only problems I had with it was the incredibly large amount of product placement (to the point where it's just annoying and frustrating) and the immature jokes. A few i can take but there were so many immature jokes that it just got stale.
  27. Nov 29, 2012
    This movie definitely had some hilarious moments but it turned into a really strange science fiction movie that just didn't seem entertaining. The funniest parts of the film were all in the previews and all of the weird crap just took over the actual movie.
  28. Nov 22, 2012
    A comedy is supposed to make you laugh, right ? Well, I did not laugh once. Vince Vaughn's overpowering presence was a big part of why this movie was so awful. He does the same thing for 20 years now, and it gets ever more annoying.
    A complete and utter waste of time.
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    Just an average film or even below average at certain points. I expected more because of Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill but this movie didn't do the magic for me. There are a couple of funny moments which really make you laugh but they're not enough for a film to be considered good especially when you are expecting much more because of the people attached to the movie. The plot had so much potential but the screenplay wasn't that powerful or inspiring. Expand
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    This movie is offensively unfunny. I want to sue someone for the 30 minutes I wasted on it. It's as though someone wrote a vague story line while out of their tree on alcohol or other stimulants, then these mega-egos got together and thought they could make it hilarious by ad-libbing the entire way through it. They couldn't. They are painfully, horribly unfunny. Maybe they will get a few **** out of a few undiscerning 14-year old boys.

Atrocious.

1. Reviewed by: William Thomas
    Aug 27, 2012
    Lacking the bite of "Attack The Block," Stiller and co. are happy to fall back on their usual shtick, with director Schaffer providing barely enough juice to power the laughs.
  2. Reviewed by: Ellen E. Jones
    Aug 25, 2012
    If you can ignore the disturbing parallels with recent events, this middle-aged, Middle-American "Attack The Block" raises a laugh.
  3. Reviewed by: David Fear
    Jul 28, 2012
    There's a secret weapon embedded within The Watch, however, and his name is Richard Ayoade.