6.5

1. Mar 1, 2014
    Adam Sandler's voice in this movie is like nails on a chalkboard! It's so bad! One of the worst comedies I've ever seen! So bad on so many levels. Here's to hoping his next film won't be as obnoxious.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    An Adam Sandler classic. It's regarded as one of his best, and I agree. A classic that's hilarious and a must watch whether your a Sandler fan or not.
  3. Sep 23, 2011
    THE WATERBOY is a dumb football farce and just another predictable Adam Sandler comedy. It was possible to laugh in some scenes, but this, overall, was not very funny. It stars Adam Sandler as the title role, a 31-year-old named Bobby Boucher with the obnoxious voice of a 10-year-old, who has been bringing water to football teams for a lot of his life. He becomes angry when he is insultedTHE WATERBOY is a dumb football farce and just another predictable Adam Sandler comedy. It was possible to laugh in some scenes, but this, overall, was not very funny. It stars Adam Sandler as the title role, a 31-year-old named Bobby Boucher with the obnoxious voice of a 10-year-old, who has been bringing water to football teams for a lot of his life. He becomes angry when he is insulted early on, and he tackles the man who insulted him quite hard, leading the football team's coach to believe he is fit for the team. The problem is he is true to his "mama", who says he cannot play football and that it is "the devil" (like almost everything else, in her opinion). I would not recommend this is you can stand 90 minutes of asinine, juvenile humor. Otherwise, go ahead--you'll laugh a lot. Expand
  4. Jun 16, 2012
    I cant say I particularly disliked this movie but I cant say I liked it either, I liked what it had to offer, but it didn't offer much. This movie earns a passing grade, albeit barely.
  5. Jul 21, 2012
    This is Sandlers stupidest film. He plays off dumb potty humor with little laughs. This is really his worse film (Jack and Jill doesn't count) and one of the 90's worst films.
  6. Nov 7, 2012
    The funniest of all Sandler's films. Yes, Waterboy is even funnier than Happy Gilmore. The characters are all developed well and each of them delivers a different twist on a personality type.
  7. Jun 20, 2013
    This film is a tad overrated by many Sandler fans, but looking at what he has done lately it's a masterpiece. It definitely has some funny moments, but the accent gets annoying.
  8. Nov 6, 2014
    it is funny in deed but , when their is someone to cover Sandler's movie their most likely gonna never make a film again Oh look see Denis Dugan and Frank Coraci BOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! you suck stop making adam sandler movies here is the problem they are directors who don't care about cinematography or shots of using the camera all they care is comedy !!!!!!! see Tyler Perry yeah theirit is funny in deed but , when their is someone to cover Sandler's movie their most likely gonna never make a film again Oh look see Denis Dugan and Frank Coraci BOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! you suck stop making adam sandler movies here is the problem they are directors who don't care about cinematography or shots of using the camera all they care is comedy !!!!!!! see Tyler Perry yeah their just like this big joke. Expand

The Perrier of dumb-and-dumber movies, an effervescent idiot's delight that burbles from the wellspring of silliness inside star Adam Sandler's head.
    Sandler is making a tactical error when he creates a character whose manner and voice has the effect of fingernails on a blackboard, and then expects us to hang in there for a whole movie.
  3. Reviewed by: Ron Wells