8.3

1. AlexA.
    Jul 6, 2003
    An absolute gem of a movie. Simple storytelling about a universal lesson - respect and love. The grandmother's face, etched by life, will stay with me forever. A powerful comment about this movie is that it out grossed Lord of the Rings in technology crazy South Korea which means to me that even they are looking for something simpler - a good story with simple acting guided by an An absolute gem of a movie. Simple storytelling about a universal lesson - respect and love. The grandmother's face, etched by life, will stay with me forever. A powerful comment about this movie is that it out grossed Lord of the Rings in technology crazy South Korea which means to me that even they are looking for something simpler - a good story with simple acting guided by an understanding director telling us what is truly important in life. Expand
  2. fionaVFP
    Feb 1, 2005
    A marvelous film that you will never forget. Brilliant directing and acting, not much budget but you don't notice. Never boring, always funny and touching. Anyone who's ever cared for their relatives will be overwhelmed by the beauty of the feelings of this film. It's a masterpiece. Surprising it has not received the critical acclaim it deserves. 10 palmes d'Or.

1. Director Lee has a true cinematic knack, but it's also nice to see a movie with its heart so thoroughly, unabashedly on its sleeve.
    The plot of the picture is familiar, but it's realized with such delicacy and affection for the characters that it seems as fresh and warm as its verdant setting.
  3. If you ever doubted the power and scope of silent film, watch The Way Home. The narrative arc is as broad as any chattering feature, the emotional depth is greater than most, and it's all achieved with virtually no dialogue.