8.8

1. JamesB.
    Nov 2, 2005
    Similar in nature to "Punch-Drunk Love" with Adam Sandler, except that PDL was a good movie. Depressing, tedious, dark, plotless, and a waste of time...The only bright points were Michael Caine and a few chuckles.
  2. RichardT.
    Jan 8, 2007
    I'm rarely moved to wax unenthusiastic about a movie, but I'll make an exception for this one. This is one of those movies that, as they say, you'll want to think about for a long time afterwards. Don't bother! I've thought about it for a little while afterwards, and the more I thought, the more disgusted I got. This is a pseudo art-film with an unbelievably I'm rarely moved to wax unenthusiastic about a movie, but I'll make an exception for this one. This is one of those movies that, as they say, you'll want to think about for a long time afterwards. Don't bother! I've thought about it for a little while afterwards, and the more I thought, the more disgusted I got. This is a pseudo art-film with an unbelievably obtuse lead who is more antagonist (to himself and to reality) than protagonist. The offbeat attempts at humor/angst are merely offbeat. Furthermore, nobody could conceivably be as dense as this character in his personal relationships be this a fast-food, shallow culture or no. Sell anxiety ridden someplace else. We're all stocked up here. Expand
  3. DP.
    Apr 22, 2007
    This movie is nothing but a vehicle for blatant advertising of fast food. The ads are totally distracting from the otherwise plausible acting. I do not recommend this movie.
  4. BevisB.
    Nov 22, 2005
    This movie sucks!!!! Totally unreal character and situations. Pure Hollywood crap.
  5. jscott
    Nov 16, 2005
    Only the second movie I have ever walked out of since waterboy. It sucks sooo bad, you will be angry and want your money back, don't say I didn't warn you.

1. In The Weather Man, Nicolas Cage doesn't so much play a protagonist, warts and all, as he plays a protagonist who is all warts.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Aiming for an Alexander Payne-style synthesis of wry comedy and unflinching character study, pic has been made with the utmost sincerity, but the frankly lugubrious material and barely compensating spasms of humor are all but impossible to warm to.
    The scenes between Cage and Caine are by far the film's most affecting. The two men don't seem to share the same gene pool, which only helps their dynamic.