New Line Cinema | Release Date: February 13, 1998
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 163 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Bullet97Feb 12, 2011
I'll say it-I hate most rom-coms. Most are so predictable, flat, dull, and unfunny. But this is awesome! Easily one of the better rom-coms ever made! Sandler and Barrymore have great chemistry, and everyone else is great too. Although itsI'll say it-I hate most rom-coms. Most are so predictable, flat, dull, and unfunny. But this is awesome! Easily one of the better rom-coms ever made! Sandler and Barrymore have great chemistry, and everyone else is great too. Although its predictable, the acting, funny writng, catchy soundtrack, and nice retro feel make up for it completly! Expand
shamusolarrySep 8, 2011
Amazing movie. It's touchy and funny. The quintessential romantic-comedy. And the soundtrack is amazing, too. I love 80's music so much, and they make some great choices. The two songs Sandler adds are pretty good as well.
AllAroundGamerJan 7, 2013
This movie has withstood the test of time. It is a classic and to me, the best romantic comedy ever made. No film has come close to eclipse it as of current. I love the onscreen chemistry between the Sandman and Drew. Simply amazing. TheThis movie has withstood the test of time. It is a classic and to me, the best romantic comedy ever made. No film has come close to eclipse it as of current. I love the onscreen chemistry between the Sandman and Drew. Simply amazing. The soundtrack is also very nice and, basically, just watch it, you'll understand. You'll get that mushy feeling too. Expand
AGarcia732Feb 6, 2014
After seeing Grownups 2, this movie ended up being a lot better with Adam Sandler giving a much better performance. Set in 1985 (filmed in 1998) the movie stars Adam Sandler as Robbie Hart, a wedding singer.
TheQuietGamerNov 8, 2012
Sweet and hilarious. It's probably the best romantic comedy I've seen. The chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore is fantastic, and the performances from everybody were outstanding. I highly recommend.
ERG1008Aug 19, 2010
Wedding singer, getting married himself, becomes friends with waitress, gets jilted at the altar, depression, falls for waitress but she's engaged to Miami Vice jock.
Very good 80's parody, feel-good film which I've seen a few times & is
Very good 80's parody, feel-good film which I've seen a few times & is still funny. Great detail & jibes at the mid 80's culture together with the outrageous fashions & fads of that era.
BrianMcCriticJun 20, 2013
One of Sandler's best comedies. You actually get somewhat invested in the story and you care about the characters. Sandler also gives one of his better performances.
cameronmorewoodNov 7, 2012
Billy Idol's cameo in the plane is comic gold.
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
"The Wedding Singer" is a 1998 film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Frank Coraci directs this romantic comedy about a wedding singer (Sandler) struggling to find true love in a seemingly cruel world. From what I've heard about this"The Wedding Singer" is a 1998 film starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Frank Coraci directs this romantic comedy about a wedding singer (Sandler) struggling to find true love in a seemingly cruel world. From what I've heard about this film, it's one of Sandler's best movies. IGN actually called it his best, so needless to say I wanted to see it. Is it his best movie? I don't think so, but it's not bad. I found most of this movie to be quite entertaining. The best part of this movie is the fact that if features an almost unbearably charming soundtrack featuring a plethora of 80s classics. I love the 80s, I honestly think they were one of the best decades in American History. It was a time that featured a cultural renaissance, a solid economy, and an overall unique feel and I was glad to see that this movie embraced that period so openly. Adam Sandler is also one of the film's strongest points. I honestly did not think that he could play any other part than the lovable fool ("Waterboy") or the ill-tempered everyman ("Billy Madison"), but he can. Not saying that those parts are bad, but it's refreshing to see a change of pace every once and a while, and Sandler's performance in this film is one. Some of the jokes are filled with a little too much brown and they seem dated in a few parts, but the film's comedy is generally funny. The script is pretty predictable, but as I said it's too charming to rip apart. Anyway I found that, in the end, "The Wedding Singer" was a genuinely entertaining movie that ranks among one of Adam Sandler's best movies. Expand
bladeagentMar 1, 2014
This isn't exactly the most original of romantic comedies, however the chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore more than makes up for it. If only Sandler would make more of these films.
MadenSep 9, 2003
It goes beyond your old love story.
AndrewM.May 9, 2004
A really great film. So lighthearted and whimsical it's amazing it didn't self-destruct...but it didn't! Barrymore is so appealing in this film she's almost unbearable and Sandler is at his deadpan best. He shows all the A really great film. So lighthearted and whimsical it's amazing it didn't self-destruct...but it didn't! Barrymore is so appealing in this film she's almost unbearable and Sandler is at his deadpan best. He shows all the right emotions when needed. As for the music...aah, the memories! Expand
AndrewM.May 9, 2004
KimboD.Aug 25, 2004
This movie was off the HOOK!
ydnar4Apr 30, 2015
The Wedding Singer is one of the greatest Adam Sandler films out there. The plot is original for a romantic comedy which is often a genre that will follow the same formula. It is straight forward and can be followed by anyone. The cast isThe Wedding Singer is one of the greatest Adam Sandler films out there. The plot is original for a romantic comedy which is often a genre that will follow the same formula. It is straight forward and can be followed by anyone. The cast is strong with several random appearances by some well known actors and performers. The film may be a bit predictable but it is still a very fun movie. It pairs Drew Barrymore with Sandler for the first time and now the two have released two more strong films. This movie is maybe a little on the romantic side considering its an Adam Sandler movie but its just too fun and entertaining to miss. Expand
harisongrossJun 25, 2015
Man, it is insane the way a comedic actor of Sandler's caliber can be so wrongfully tossed aside the way he is by most critics, and maybe classic film-watchers I guess. This man is a comedic genius and multi-talented. He incorporates singingMan, it is insane the way a comedic actor of Sandler's caliber can be so wrongfully tossed aside the way he is by most critics, and maybe classic film-watchers I guess. This man is a comedic genius and multi-talented. He incorporates singing and song-writing, every single kind of joke you could ever come up with and an awesome support cast in everything he's done, oh yea which by the way he has pretty much built from the ground up. It's sad to see him so discredited on sites like this. [Rant over]

This movie has a good story, pretty typical romantic comedy plot. Adam Sandler's acting is great, along with the legendary Drew Barrymore's. The support cast is funny and Sandler is always good at picking out a really believable douche-bag to play that role.