3.0

1. Feb 13, 2011
    Honestly, the best movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Cage's acting really brings it home. When he's screaming "THE BEES THE BEES" there is really this scene of truth and pain to the character. Spectacular. An absolute masterpiece.
  2. Dec 14, 2012
    Stunning. Courageous. A feast for the eyes and ears. These are but some of my reactions to Nicolas Cage's (in my opinion BAFTA winning performance) in The Wicker Man. He manages to suprise audiences time and time again with depth of characters that only he can bring forth to the acting table. Quality, not quantity has always been my motto and i think this film can be beautifully summed upStunning. Courageous. A feast for the eyes and ears. These are but some of my reactions to Nicolas Cage's (in my opinion BAFTA winning performance) in The Wicker Man. He manages to suprise audiences time and time again with depth of characters that only he can bring forth to the acting table. Quality, not quantity has always been my motto and i think this film can be beautifully summed up by one shortt, crisp and well executed line that fits so perfectly with the running themes of despair and fear: "What's in the bag, a shark or something?" .... A must see. Expand
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    What's in the bag, a shark or something?
    What's in the bag, a shark or something?
    This movie is undoubtedly the greatest achievement in cinema history. Nicolas "Not The Bees" Cage plays a troubled detective- but that doesn't really matter. The true achievement is not in the story, but in the acting and the writing- oh god, the writing. With such memorable lines as "Killing me won't bring back your goddamn honey" and "Step away from the bike".
    But seriously, if you go into this with the intent of laughing, you will.
  4. Mar 28, 2011
    Hilarious. The dialogue was so goddamn bad that I laughed like a moron. Why can't Nicholas Cage make bad movies that are funny? As far as I'm concerned, this is easier to get through than Bangkok Dangerous. Or whatever the hell he does now.
  5. Feb 19, 2013
    I enjoyed the movie and Nicholas Cage's character well enough, even with having heard other people say that it was silly etc in these other reviews. But I was still impressed with his detective skills, etc. but was very disgusted with the ending which was so disappointing after all that we go through in this story that I'm giving the movie a 1 out of 10.
  6. Oct 7, 2014
    I started watching "The Wicker Man" because it is "the worst movie with Nicolas Cage". That got me curious. And I was very surprised that I liked it and I would like to explain why. This is a true horror movie for grown-ups. You see, children are afraid of Freddy, of ghosts, zombies and all kinds of magical monsters that presumably live under their bed. But as we grow up we tend toI started watching "The Wicker Man" because it is "the worst movie with Nicolas Cage". That got me curious. And I was very surprised that I liked it and I would like to explain why. This is a true horror movie for grown-ups. You see, children are afraid of Freddy, of ghosts, zombies and all kinds of magical monsters that presumably live under their bed. But as we grow up we tend to understand that such monsters do not exist in real life. In Wicker Man we are presented with real monsters, horrible beings that are much scarier to me than any life-leaching ghoul or vurdalak. And the scariest part is that these beings really DO exist in the world, perhaps in a slightly different form. These monsters are...women... oops! Just joking here. Religious fanatics. Some people are so mentally handicapped that they believe that killing someone will make a better harvest. This is what happens when you let all kinds of **** persist in the air. And, frankly speaking, this part of humanity scares the **** out of me. So I wouldn't say it's the best movie, but it has a believable plot, with just a few minor flaws and decent acting. And even if this is the worst movie with Nicolas Cage, It's still a good movie which is damn impressive! Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Nicholas Cage punching a woman whilst wearing bear costume. This movie has it all. A welcome addition to the exclusive so-bad-it-is-good movie club. What a hoot.
  8. Nov 19, 2012
    I laughed out loud in theaters multiple times. This movie is full of those moments where the film making is so poor that it's easy to laugh. Nick Cage is awful in this role too, playing pretty much every other character he has played in his life. Serious guy, would be an in depth analysis of the bonehead that Cage is trying to portray. Oh, and he hits women. Multiple times...
  9. Nov 28, 2012
    Horribly written movie which builds to one of the worst climaxes I have ever seen in all my days of filmgoing.
  10. Mar 24, 2013
    A lot of criticism has been given to this movie especially because Nicolas Cage doesn't give proper treatment to his role but in general I thought that this was an interesting and yet really weird movie at the same time. I guess I'm saying i've seen worst.
  11. May 2, 2013
    nunca fui fanático de la original pero esta nueva adaptación es un lento pero seguro paso a un nuevo genero de películas de suspenso dramático lento y aunque este nuevo genero no le gustara a muchos a los otros les parecerá una evolución en el suspenso
  12. May 27, 2014
    This is undeniably terrible movie, but with one redeeming factor in the form of Nicolas Cage. The movie starts off slow and boring but eventually more and more insane stuff starts too happen. Highlights include: Nic Cage punching a women, nic cage running around in a bear suit, nic cage punching women in a bear suit, HOW'D IT GET BURNED! and of course NOT THE BEES!

This is one of the

This is one of the most unintentionally hilarious movies ever and if you get a few friends together (or buy the rifftrax commentary) then you will undoubtedly have a good time!

As a horror movie this is a 2 or 3 out of 10, but as a comedy this is hilarious and a sure fire 8.
  13. Jan 16, 2014
    NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEEs!!!
  14. Feb 14, 2014
    This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, from “Not The Bees!!!", to Nicholas Cage in a bear suit punching a woman, to Sister **** and Ellen Burstyn painted like Braveheart, yes this movie brings me a lot of joy, except for being a remake of a great classic, but this is still comic gold, and it is my joy.
  15. Jul 16, 2014
    The Wicker Man is not the best written movie, nor does it all make sense. But The Wicker Man is a cult classic, and I can understand why; it is so bad and dumb that it is almost entertaining!
  16. Jul 7, 2014
    The Wicker Man remake is one the worst remake and worst acting of Nicolas Cage but it is better than Carrie 2013, but i prefer watching The Wicker Man (2006) 100 times than Carrie 2013 it wasn't scary it is a funny movie ,and Wicker Man (2006) is a funny movie too , OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!
  17. Dec 20, 2014
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen, and it's a huge guilty pleasure of mine. It'll make you laugh more than most intentional comedies that are put out these days.

The Wicker Man isn't all that bad a movie; it's visually striking and ambitious in some ways. It just fails to bring enough to the table to fully distance itself from the original.
    There may be a way to remake 1973's cult thriller The Wicker Man, in which a deeply Christian cop has his religious convictions shaken to the core as he investigates the disappearance of a child from within a cheerfully pagan community, but Neil LaBute didn't find it.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Atkinson
    This wasn't a horror film the first time around, and LaBute makes sorry feints at effective creepiness, letting the story roam in circles just like Cage.