8.0

1. Sep 19, 2013
    How could you not be captivated and engrossed by this movie that changed filmmaking forever? This movie goes far and beyond your wildest dreams. Even for 1939, this movie changed everything I know about movies and the way films are perceived today.
  2. Aug 1, 2013
    Una película de fantasía musical inocente, atractiva y perfecta. Uno de los mejores clásicos, y. de mis películas preferidas, es sutilmente perfecta.
  3. Apr 5, 2013
    I watch. Watch good. VCR break. Went to shop. Told VCR no work. I know. Told buy DVD. No money. Go home. Now sad. Write review. 3/10 stars. Dis stavan.
  4. Jan 18, 2013
    This has been my favorite movie since I was a little kid. The story line is a classic from the book though its a slightly bit different. Judy Garland is one of my favorite actresses and she is the main reason I keep watching this movie. My children will watch this movie as they grow up.
  5. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The technical colors is brilliant, the film is provided for all age s of viewers. For those viewers who like adventure, fantasy, comedy and musical entertainment; This film follows Dorothy along the yellow brick road in which she encounters meeting new friends and adventures. The story has a life lesson, that shows how we may already have what we think we want on the other side of the fence, per say, and discover, as Dorothy says, with her friends and family there really is "no place like home." Expand
  6. Jul 6, 2012
    This film is beyond classic status now. I can't imagine film without it. The characters are so wonderful and the story is simple and elegant. The music is absolutely top-notch. Please watch this film and share it with your friends, families, and especially with your children (if you have them).
  7. May 19, 2012
    Without a shadow of doubt, one of the greatest films ever made, and the greatest children movie ever made. Watching The Wizard of Oz is an something one must do in a lifetime, at least a couple dozen times. Brilliant.
  8. Apr 2, 2012
    A classic like no other. It is simple but deep. Its message resonates in everyone. One of the greatest movies of all time. You will leave the movie feeling you watch something of a true genius.
  9. Mar 15, 2012
    Never gets old. i watched the movie at the age of 6, i still think its a beautiful fantasy musical with some pretty good songs that you won't forget. It's definitely a must-watch to all those kiddies out there.
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    The Wizard of OZ is a nice children's film that is a delight to watch as well as provides a smart historical connection that is just unforgettable. The morals and lessons that the movie provides are very astounding and the musicals can get really annoying though. The plot is fairly simple but very well crafted as you will be drawn into the plot, it wont break your brain or force you to overthink so it is a nice fun plot. The acting is very good as the transitions are great too. The script is very well written and emotionally profounding that is so easily remembered. The relationships of the characters and their depths and progression through the story is so great that it strikes a chord with us all. There are hardly any flaws in the movie except for too many musicals that it becomes just darn annoying and some emphasis is lost due to it but this is such a minor flaw. Overall, The Wizard of Oz is a great movie that is so great that it will forever be remembered like "The Godfather". Breakdown for "The Wizard of Oz": Presentation: 9.8, Plot: 9.9, Acting: 10, Dialogue: 10, Lasting Appeal: 10, Verdict: 9.9 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  11. May 6, 2011
    The quintessential fantasy film. Everyone should see it at least once. Not only is it great fun, it slyly embodies great wisdom. A masterpiece of cinema.
  12. Apr 19, 2011
    i love the friendship of Dorothy and her companions, no matter what happens they stick together. Perhaps that's why it strikes such a chord with us all.
  13. Mar 28, 2011
    I saw this in 2011 and thought what a perfect movie it is. It is simple, beautiful, has great acting and speaks to the heart. I'm off to the see the wizard. The wonderful wizard of Oz...
  14. Feb 16, 2011
    I consider this movie to be the birth of the modern movie film industry, mainly because this cinematic masterpiece set a high standard for all movies to measure themselves against for many years to come! The songs and music are absolutely perfect, the choreography is amazing, every line said is a memorable one, the settings, paintings, props, and make-up used to create the unique location, characters, and objects featured in the land of Oz are absolutely incredible (especially when you consider this film was made way back in 1939!) All of the actors play their roles to perfection. When they experience something, you believe they are experiencing it! This is one of the films that I was first raised on, and one that I enjoy as much as I do today as I have when I was growing up. Time has been powerless to make any of the special effects (which can still hold their own even against modern C.G.I. efforts) feel like they are antiques, and the amount of effort and skill required to completely pull this movie together is nothing short of incredible! This is a film you will want to watch, to see what it's like for someone to go somewhere over the rainbow, follow a yellow brick road, go off to see the wizard in the merry old land of Oz, and watch characters singing about what it would be like to have a brain, a heart, or the nerve! I highly enjoy this movie, and so will all cinematic movie enthusiasts of all ages who enjoy seeing quality movies! Enough said! Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Owen Gleiberman
    Feb 16, 2011
    The Wizard of Oz remains the weirdest, scariest, kookiest, most haunting and indelible kid-flick-that's-really-for-adults ever made in Hollywood.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Feb 16, 2011
    This is one vintage film that fully lives up to its classic status and should play with outstanding success to contemporary audiences of all ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Stack
    Feb 16, 2011
    This wonderful romp of a movie looks magical on the big screen: colors are a picnic for the eyes, details loom so clearly you can practically touch them and there's a sense of the larger-than-life with a film that's already larger than life.