The Wolf of Wall Street

6.8

1. Jun 1, 2016
    When I first saw previews for this movie I was so uninterested. However, I really enjoyed it. It was a well written, acted, and directed movie. Leo definitely shines in this movie.
  2. Apr 22, 2016
    Fun, swift, comedic, harsh and sobering, the Wolf of Wall Street soars from great direction for a superb cast of characters. Leo delivers another thrilling and oscar-worthy role in a three hour (yes, three hour) march through a life of debauchery and criminal activity that has leagues of people falling in line. The movie requires a bit of thicker skin as there is plenty of skin shown andFun, swift, comedic, harsh and sobering, the Wolf of Wall Street soars from great direction for a superb cast of characters. Leo delivers another thrilling and oscar-worthy role in a three hour (yes, three hour) march through a life of debauchery and criminal activity that has leagues of people falling in line. The movie requires a bit of thicker skin as there is plenty of skin shown and more than a few F-bombs thrown about - if you aren't swayed by these things then you're not going to be put-off by the "vulgar" content alone. There's an undeniable cool to everything here. We've all seen actors doing cocaine off a stripper's body, but those moments are rarely coupled with the threat of a good time at a summer party, only the party takes place everywhere the camera points. I loved this movie, enough that I'd highly recommend it. Its greatest weakness really is run-time. 3 hours was fine for a first-run, but that's Lord of the Rings extended edition territory and there's not nearly as much action here so the time might cause you to wonder "what time is it?" once or twice. See it once at least but, if you're like me, don't worry about seeing it again. It lasts well-enough on a first run that you may never bother with it again. Martin Scorsese gets another one right. Expand
  3. Apr 18, 2016
    Outrageous and controversial, clever and filthy, but how so funny and charming. Very entertaining three hours, with terrific performances from the cast. DiCaprio has really proved himself recently as a likable actor and great leading man, as he fits into this real life character of Jordan Belfort perfectly. I've never enjoyed watching him as much as here. This film is overloaded withOutrageous and controversial, clever and filthy, but how so funny and charming. Very entertaining three hours, with terrific performances from the cast. DiCaprio has really proved himself recently as a likable actor and great leading man, as he fits into this real life character of Jordan Belfort perfectly. I've never enjoyed watching him as much as here. This film is overloaded with nudity and drugs so be aware. Aside from that, this movie is crazy, with great characters and is a good time. Expand
  4. Mar 26, 2016
  5. Feb 19, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An amazing combination between director and cast.
    Probably one of the best movies I've seen (categorically)
    A combinação perfeita de uma super produção e um super elenco.
  6. Feb 15, 2016
    The Wolf of Wall Street manages to keep such a good movie at the theaters after seeing some of the movies 2013 has managed to get us. We know what to not count and what to count in this list.
  7. Jan 23, 2016
    The Wolf of Wall Street is a long journey through many emotions and events. It is a long movie, very long. But it is done very carefully and beautifully and it is freaking amazing! The movie is hilarious, the kind of humor this movie has is outrageously funny! I laughed so many times, and I cared about everything that was going on! It is so carefully made that you can feel every singleThe Wolf of Wall Street is a long journey through many emotions and events. It is a long movie, very long. But it is done very carefully and beautifully and it is freaking amazing! The movie is hilarious, the kind of humor this movie has is outrageously funny! I laughed so many times, and I cared about everything that was going on! It is so carefully made that you can feel every single detail the movie has! And the cast is absolutely amazing. Leonardo DiCaprio was the perfect choice for the main role and Jonah Hill as Danny Porush was phenomenal! And oh my god, Margot Robbie was beautiful in this movie! But there is a flaw, it is the length of the movie. Yes, the movie is very good and the 3 hour runtime felt like 15 minutes. But if I decide to sit and watch this movie again, I probably won't be able to watch through the whole thing because the movie will probably feel a lot longer then because I know what's gonna happen and all, so the replay value really isn't there. But other than that, I absolutely recommend this movie! Expand
  8. Jan 19, 2016
    To call 'The Wolf of Wall Street' outrageous is an understatement. Martin Scorsese's film is truly a divisive and controversial piece, but many can agree that this 3 hour fictional Wall Street Journal fest not only delivers brilliant performances and a great script, but a movie that at times is absolutely hilarious!
  9. Jan 7, 2016
    Points based review:

Story: 8.6 (very good)
    Genre-Rating: 9.5 (awesome)
    Effects, camera and performance: 9.6 (awesome)
    Cast: 9.6 (awesome)

OVERALL RATING: 9.3 (awesome)

9.3 = 9
  10. Jan 6, 2016
    This movie is very entertaining , i could watch for another three hours. Leonardo Di Caprio's acting is good but not as good as everyone claims it to be.
  11. Nov 19, 2015
    The review of echoplex01 made me remember how I often I do not look for the ways women are depicted in movies... It is a normative in Holly Wood to make women weak and fragile, and usually sex objects.

However, as for story telling, humor, truth, and a great insight of an American institution (Wall Street) that gives a pretty honest look at how the greedy stay greedy until they either plateau or fall.

While thoroughly entertaining, I cannot give more than a 7 because of the reality that will follow this movie... that more will think "I want to be rich too" after watching it, rather than "being rich doesn't buy happiness." A movie to further put the wasteful mentalities of Americans further and further into the void.
  12. Aug 31, 2015
    Wow this movie is one of the best movies ive seen in this decade. The story is great and always keeps you interested in the suspense of belfort trying to be one step ahead of the FBI
  13. Aug 22, 2015
    Veteran director Martin Scorsese does what he does best with "The Wolf a Wall Street", a biography film about the rise and fall of genius wall street stockbroker Jordan Belfort, a character illustrated beautifully with god-like performances of Leonardo DiCaprio. Its typical Scorsese magic, as despite the long 3 hour running time the director manages to build the character of Jordan BelfortVeteran director Martin Scorsese does what he does best with "The Wolf a Wall Street", a biography film about the rise and fall of genius wall street stockbroker Jordan Belfort, a character illustrated beautifully with god-like performances of Leonardo DiCaprio. Its typical Scorsese magic, as despite the long 3 hour running time the director manages to build the character of Jordan Belfort in-depth with careful meticulousness, from his normal man aspiring to complete the everyman's dream of hitting it big on Wall Street to the dissipation of his family and friends as he plummets down to earth with the weight of his lies and moral corruption pushing down on him hard. Its a grandiose movie that absorbs its audience with pleasure and excess and also manages to make them care about the man's story. Expand
  14. Jul 30, 2015
    Debauchery isn't pure excitement for me like it is for the millions of high school students that consider this their Goodfellas. It was more like a glorified Cheech and Chong. I love the Cheech and Chong films, but you get your fill when you're young, then it just lives in your memory as the good old days of getting high and watching stupid **** The Wolf of Wall Street is the newDebauchery isn't pure excitement for me like it is for the millions of high school students that consider this their Goodfellas. It was more like a glorified Cheech and Chong. I love the Cheech and Chong films, but you get your fill when you're young, then it just lives in your memory as the good old days of getting high and watching stupid **** The Wolf of Wall Street is the new generations stupid **** Enjoy, folks. Enjoy. Expand
  15. Jul 23, 2015
    4/5★ A tale of greed, debauchery and excess that played to the publics worst fears of Wall Street. Scorsese is the master of the visual story telling medium, never missing a beat during a 3 hour marathon of unlikable people descending into an ever more hedonistic lifestyle.
    Leonardo DiCaprio's performance as Jordan Belfort is all encompassing, committed and totally entertaining.
    Verdict:
    Verdict: Watch at your own discretion
  16. Jul 15, 2015
    The most rapid 3-hour film I have watched and has a set of great talent who portrayed their roles with exaggeration but well-performed. The movie described the Jordan Belfort's high-life to its downfall in a very comprehensive manner. It also has good choice of soundtrack and a great script.

As what I can see, the only downfall of the film is the exaggeration of the scenes (tons of swear words and orgies, not sure if that really happened).
  17. Jul 10, 2015
    Ok. The dialogue in this movie is awesome, the cinematography is awesome, the characters are awesome. This movie is a whole bunch of awesome...but it does not get a 10. This movie was WAYYYY TO LONG! 3 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to shoot this movie as. Some parts were unnecessary and felt there just as additional sex scenes. I don't mind sex scenes, but I do mind 30 minutes ofOk. The dialogue in this movie is awesome, the cinematography is awesome, the characters are awesome. This movie is a whole bunch of awesome...but it does not get a 10. This movie was WAYYYY TO LONG! 3 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to shoot this movie as. Some parts were unnecessary and felt there just as additional sex scenes. I don't mind sex scenes, but I do mind 30 minutes of them. Still, exceptional performance from EVERYONE in this film. Especially Di'Caprio Expand
  18. Jun 26, 2015
    Such a great movie! Leonardo Dicaprio is so awesome in this role! It may be a long movie but it does not feel like a long movie. One of the great documentary like films out there
  19. Jun 13, 2015
    Это просто, мать его, шедевр. Был серьезно удивлен, узнав, что фильм идет 3 часа, но они пролетают как один. Черный юмор наивысшего качества и интересная (для незнакомых с историей Белфорта) сюжетная линия. Редкий случай, когда не можешь не сопереживать очевидно морально разложившемуся герою Реально круто.Это просто, мать его, шедевр. Был серьезно удивлен, узнав, что фильм идет 3 часа, но они пролетают как один. Черный юмор наивысшего качества и интересная (для незнакомых с историей Белфорта) сюжетная линия. Редкий случай, когда не можешь не сопереживать очевидно морально разложившемуся герою Реально круто.
  20. Jun 10, 2015
    The Wolf Of Wall Street nails everything perfectly.Leonardo DiCaprio does such an amazing job here that leaves us wondering why hasn't he got an Oscar yet.All the actors here do a great job and the story is incredible.The direction this movie takes are great and there is a lot of comedy here also that mixed with everything else that is as equally entertaining makes for an really really funThe Wolf Of Wall Street nails everything perfectly.Leonardo DiCaprio does such an amazing job here that leaves us wondering why hasn't he got an Oscar yet.All the actors here do a great job and the story is incredible.The direction this movie takes are great and there is a lot of comedy here also that mixed with everything else that is as equally entertaining makes for an really really fun and unforgettable movie. Expand
  21. May 28, 2015
    Director Martin Scorsese and his muse, Leonardo DiCaprio are back and are telling the true story of a man named Jordan Belfort in a movie titled 'The Wolf of Wall Street'.

What this movie focuses on is Belfort's (DiCaprio) journey into the world of Wall Street and how he becomes his own businessman running an illegal business, cheating his ignorant customers. Belfort starts looking

Belfort starts looking for different jobs and begins to get a sense of what it's like to work for the industry, he manages to persuade his customers to trust him and his talents are put to better use when he meets an eager business-inspiring man named Donnie Azoff (Jonah Hill). The two men hit it off together, discussing what they aspire to do and how to get there, and it's there that Jordan is introduced to smoking pot and consuming other heavy amounts of drugs.

After they kick-start their business and become established, Jordan then meets a woman named Naomi (Margot Robbie) and they buy an apartment together and quickly get married and get their lives settled.

There are many cameos in this movie from Matthew McConaughey, to Jon Favreau and Spike Jonze. But then there's Rob Reiner, who plays the father, Max Belfort in a performance so crazy and so obnoxious, he should've been considered for some awards for his role.

DiCaprio gives us one of his most charismatic performances since Steven Spielberg's 'Catch Me If You Can' (2002), here, he gives us some physical comedy and it is surprisingly funny. Jonah Hill shares fantastic chemistry with him as the over-the-top sidekick. The two actors clearly have fun in their roles which is great to see.

Martin Scorsese tells this story in a 3 hour movie, which is one main problem I have. I have seen many movies that are longer than three hours, ('Schindler's List', 'Titanic' and 'The Lord of the Rings'), but this movie has scenes that drag on for longer than ten minutes, even if it's a jokey scene, we get the punchline, but it still goes on for a few more minutes. I do not think that the infamous story of Jordan Belfort and how he cheated his way through Wall Street needed to be told in three hours, but the movie's enigma and entertaining scenes do keep you intrigued and you find yourself glued to the movie despite its vulgarity.

This movie is full of cold-hearted characters, drugs, filthy language, and many scenes of sex and graphic nudity. It's not for everyone and I can understand if one was to be offended with the movie's content. It can be a lot t handle for three hours, but once you get into the story, you'll be entertained.
  22. May 7, 2015
    I just watched The Wolf on Wall Street and I must say, the movie is outrageously hilarious. Despite it's excessive promotion of drugs and its misogynistic theme, which I don't condole, the movie deserves merits for its whit and dark sense of humor. If you don't take it too serious, you won't get offended by its themes.

Frankly, I love it, and I'm interested in tasting "non-alcoholic" beer.
  23. Mar 10, 2015
    If Leonardo DiCaprio does not a Oscar for he's role in this movie then they is going to be a rant.

This is one of the best films of 2013, the acting, the directing was superb with out no words. Martin Scorsese is the best director out they just all of he's movies are one of the best and his other movies never let me down well my by gang's of new York. This movie is three hours and it feels like 1 hour because the movie goes by so fast that I didn't know the movie was almost finish and some people out they like news reporters and critics are saying that this movie is way to over the top and I got to say what movie Did they watch because I did not think it was over the top or silly.
  24. Feb 25, 2015
    Scorsese is questioning the moral values and taking an over the top approach. The result is great. I love the film all the way through. Di caprio was fantastic . It is definitely one of the best Scorsese films. Recommended.
  25. Feb 24, 2015
    I was a little bit disapointed by the movie. DiCaprio is great, as always, but I felt the movie was exactly what I expected. No surprises. The aggressive-perverted-addicted Wall Street type is a common stereotype. Belfort just multiplies it ten times. This is no masterpiece, but a very good movie.
  26. Feb 17, 2015
    It is an adrenaline rush like no other. Even at a nearly 3 hour length, the movie creates more and more outrageous moments that keep you hooked. The Wolf of Wall Street is infectiously entertaining with witty dialogue, over the top characters, and filled with energy that bleeds off the screen. Its the craziest film of 2013
  27. Feb 11, 2015
    Being a Scorsese fan, I can't actually say I disliked the movie or that it's bad. It's not. But, also being a Scorsese fan, I can't say it's even close to his best work or that it's as good as people claim i to be. It is not the movie of the decade, not even near and it is certainly not one of the best movies made in the recent years. 'The Wolf of Wall-Street' is a good, or better thanBeing a Scorsese fan, I can't actually say I disliked the movie or that it's bad. It's not. But, also being a Scorsese fan, I can't say it's even close to his best work or that it's as good as people claim i to be. It is not the movie of the decade, not even near and it is certainly not one of the best movies made in the recent years. 'The Wolf of Wall-Street' is a good, or better than your average 'COED party meets money' movie at best, a movie with a set of very strong qualities but also with a set of equally strong weaknesses.

The actors are definitely among the strong sides of the movie. Johan Hill delivered an Oscar-winning performance, showing an ability to add drama to his usually shallow comedy roles, while Leonardo DiCaprio actually did deliver one of the best roles of his career. Exceptionally authentic and strong, DiCaprio actually manages to present the obviously 'over-decorated' story of Jordan Belfort as realistic as possible. He could've lost only to Matt and the 'Dallas Buyers Club' and so he did, but the loss doesn't tarnish the role in any aspect. The technical details are amazing and Scorsese's direction certainly made the film come out strong, despite it's obvious flaws and I'm sure that he is only one of the handful of directors that could've made this movie so good.

As far as the weaknesses go - should I even bother? The movies is certainly too long and should've been at least 30 minutes shorter. At least! The plot line is feeble and full of holes, not to mention quite unbelievable at moments. Some of the scenes were borderline porn and quite unnecessary, leaving the impression that they were filmed in order to gain popularity among the viewers because, well - sex sells. Sadly, doing the film so that the people like it, often means a loss in quality. This movie is a clear example.

The score might be disproportionally high, but 'The Wolf of Wall Street' is really not a bad movie, it's fun, it's dynamic and interesting, with great actors and direction, but there are some essential flaws that keep it on a secure distance from the best ones, which is why I've gotten angry with the commercially oriented people that labeled this film as one of the best they've seen. Despite it's inherent quality, it is far from that standard.
  28. Feb 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Voracious Bull

Every time I try to enjoy a Martin Scorcese movie post-1980 I ask myself what made Raging Bull so great? Did Marty burn out after his Jake LaMotta bio, the same way Coppola did after Apocalypse Now? These were risky movies, driven by passion, bordering on madness. Did Marty and Francis lose their natural passion for making films because industry priorities dismissed 70's-style hyper-realism for sensational summer blockbusters and CGI spectacles? And why is Scorcese considered one of the greatest director when he really only made one truly superb movie?

When I first saw Raging Bull in 1980 I immediately knew I was watching something that transcended the typical cinematic experience. Genius was shimmering out of every perforated frame flickering on the screen. Paul, Marty, Bobby, Mike and Thelma created something that was completely absorbing. The style and substance was perfectly fueled by a flawless emotional narrative. Every element was orchestrated just right. The audience was spellbound. We were watching greatness. A rare and unique organic creation. I'm still waiting for Robert Redford to correct a travesty of justice and hand his Ocscar over to it's rightful owner. And I'm still waiting for Scorcese to match his own brilliance. But that's like expecting Tarantino to top Pulp Fiction. There's a better chance Orson Welles rises up from the dead to one up Citizen Kane.

After Raging Bull, Scorcese has made a string of pictures ranging from not bad to pretty good. All well-made, thoughtful and meticulously crafted films, but nothing special; certainly nothing profound. Contrary to popular opinion, Goodfellas is not a great movie. I was not swept away by the saga. I was annoyed rather by the fragmented non-stop soundtrack and incessant up-tempo style. Marty wasn't risking anything anymore. He seemed to be afraid of boring the audience. Perhaps he was trying to revive the 1940's never-let-up screwball-bouncing farcical Preston Sturges and co. comedies. But this is a mafia film. This should have been right up Marty's alley. It's been almost a quarter of a century since De Niro got his face busted in a boxing ring. Since the raw, robust and naive will-power of LaMotta's youth plunged into the pathetic, brutal, bone-headed stupidity of his later years. Similarly, Scorsese hasn't registered a knock-out punch since. Would his ensuing movies be considered great if someone else directed them? Would I have liked them all better if Raging Bull had never been made?

The Wolf of Wall Street is another exhausting affair. It tries too hard to excite and entertain us. It's afraid of slowing down, allowing us to ponder or examine the complexities of excessive greed, shameless wealth and unbridled capitalism. It desperately wants to arouse us. Like a neglected clown at a child's birthday trying to be loved and taken seriously while draining the life out of the party. Give Leo and Jonah an "A" for effort. They couldn't have tried harder if they broke out into song and dance every ten minutes. And they convincingly appeared to enjoy themselves freely indulging in coke, ludes and naked women every five minutes. It was nice of Leo to step back while Margot Robbie took her routine and obligatory, supporting-actress hissy fit. And you know a filmmaker has a lot of faith and confidence in his work when a superfluous narration track is added, to plug those terrifying noiseless gaps. Whatever happened to poignant, suspenseful, sure-footed, gripping, emotionally-arresting dramas that take you on a nervy, wild ride to a thoroughly gratifying climax? A truly great director from Kurosowa to, well, Scorcese-(circa 1979) would have plotted the rise and fall of a maniacal protagonist along deeper and more affecting lines even at the risk boring its audience for one minute.
  29. Feb 1, 2015
    Hilarious film, DiCaprio deserved his Oscar that year lmao. This film is funny and at the same time tells a true story very well. It does drag on a bit but whatever. Extra content I guess. Very good film. Watch it.
  30. Jan 8, 2015
    The Wolf of Wall Street is a 2013 American black comedy film produced and directed by Martin Scorsese. The screenplay by Terence Winter is adapted from the memoir of the same name by Jordan Belfort and recounts from Belfort's perspective his career as a stockbroker in New York City and how his firm Stratton Oakmont engaged in rampant corruption and fraud on Wall Street which ultimately ledThe Wolf of Wall Street is a 2013 American black comedy film produced and directed by Martin Scorsese. The screenplay by Terence Winter is adapted from the memoir of the same name by Jordan Belfort and recounts from Belfort's perspective his career as a stockbroker in New York City and how his firm Stratton Oakmont engaged in rampant corruption and fraud on Wall Street which ultimately led to his downfall. Leonardo DiCaprio (who also produced the film) stars as Belfort, with Jonah Hill as his business partner and friend Donnie Azoff, Margot Robbie as his second wife Naomi Lapaglia, and Kyle Chandler as Patrick Denham, the FBI agent who tries to bring him down. Rob Reiner, Jon Bernthal, Jon Favreau, Jean Dujardin, Joanna Lumley, and Matthew McConaughey also feature. The film marks the director's fifth collaboration with DiCaprio, after Gangs of New York (2002), The Aviator (2004), The Departed (2006), and Shutter Island (2010), as well as his second collaboration with Winter after the HBO television series Boardwalk Empire (2010–14). Expand
  31. Jan 4, 2015
    Una extraordinaria película, no era lo que esperaba, completamente cargada de humor negro, Martin Scorsese sigue cumpliendo las expectativas, a pesar de su duración de 3 horas, de verdad la sentirás muy corta, porque cada momento, cada segundo sucede algo que te atrapa y no te deja salir.
    Si queremos hablar de las actuaciones, bien, aun no e visto Dallas Buyers Club, pero personalmente Leonardo DiCaprio se merece el oscar, su actuación es extraordinaria, creíble e increíble, posiblemente la mejor de toda su carrera.
    la recomiendo amplia mente, veras una extraordinaria actuación de Leonardo DiCaprio, así como la de otros actores y sobre todo la épica dirección del maestro; Martín Scorsese
  32. Jan 3, 2015
    Filme muito bem feito, com uma aula de interpretação do Leonardo DiCaprio, na minha opinião uma das poucas coisas ruins do filme é a duração. Ele peca em ser muito extenso. Não precisava. Mas, mesmo assim, vale a pena conferir.
  33. Jan 1, 2015
    This entire movie is just one big orgy. The movie chases itself in circles by transitioning from making millions and then using rolled up one hundred dollar bills to snort cocaine up his nose to him regretting it the following day, and being put into a situation that would require a sober man. For a comedy, it only made me smirk a couple of times. %10 of this movie is LeonardoThis entire movie is just one big orgy. The movie chases itself in circles by transitioning from making millions and then using rolled up one hundred dollar bills to snort cocaine up his nose to him regretting it the following day, and being put into a situation that would require a sober man. For a comedy, it only made me smirk a couple of times. %10 of this movie is Leonardo Dicaprio/familly and friends upset that he does so many drugs. %15 of the movie is him doing drugs. %10 is pointless dialogue. %5 is important dialogue. And the other %70 is him having sex with any woman he can find. If you watched the entire beginning, about 10 minutes of the middle part, and then skipped to the very end, you would be able to summarize the plot as well as anybody who has seen the thing 5 times already. That's how much filler there is. If you like immature commedy at the sacrifice of a coherent plot, then you might enjoy this movie. Expand
  34. Dec 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The biggest issue with this movie, which knocked it down from a movie that could have been an 8 or 9 to a 4, was that it was far too long. I really enjoyed the first hour or so of the movie, from Belfort's introduction to the brokerage industry through the creation of Stratton Oakmont and their decision to move away from selling penny stocks solely to lower and middle class folks and instead trying to create relationships (and sell those stocks) to wealthier clients. I enjoyed the initial showing of the opulence, fraud, and craziness that was the Stratton Oakmont at least of Belfort's characterization. But then that portion of the film went on... and on... and on... and it added nothing to the understanding of the characters. I got it at 90 minutes into the film: these were bad men who were willing to do awful things to make themselves as wealthy as possible. The continued at great length portrayals of their awfulness did not make me think they were more awful, but instead took me out of the film and made me so bored that, by the time the action actually picked up again (when Belfort realized he was under investigation, his meeting with the FBI agents, and his move to get his money out of the US), I just couldn't get back into it. The movie could have easily cut a half hour off the run time and I would have felt it would have ended with a better result. For example, I felt the entire IPO Day scene was unnecessary. We already knew Donnie was a jerk, the fish eating/firing scene added nothing. We already knew that, at least according to Belfort, Stratton Oakmont viewed him as a something akin to a cult leader. We didn't need him herding the sheep after Madden tried to speak. That scene also seemed the most hollow and untrue to me in the film.

I also think the film could have been better had they done some more research BEYOND Belfort's memoir, and didn't just essentially present Belfort's memoir as fact. I would have found it much more interesting to have seen Belfort's rendition juxtaposed with what others (who said the environment was much more tame) said.

Other point: too much was focused on the Naomi relationship. It was clear from moment one that she liked Belfort solely for his money and the lifestyle he could provide. They didn't need to treat it like it was some crazy reveal, like we didn't get that he was delusional about their relationship.

I didn't get pulled back into the movie until the very last scene, where Belfort was doing the sales motivational speech, and you got pulled back into what made his group able to pull off the sort of fraud they did: they were able to convince buyers that they needed something that they did not actually need.

Short version: could have been a great movie, had a great start, but was at least a half hour too long and stuck too close to Belfort's telling as opposed to trying to provide some more objective truth.
  35. Dec 19, 2014
    Although Martin Scorsese's madness, he never loses his carefully and unstoppable directing vision. "The Wolf of Wall Street" just proves the fact, and gives us more.
    It's not exaggerated, the comedy and drama work perfectly well on this one, DiCaprio and Hill gave their best on this one, superb screenplay, yes it has, and Scorsese has not yet lost his touch.
  36. Dec 17, 2014
    Wolf of Wall street was the ultimate rich people simulator and was not only easily one of the best films of the year but an accomplish in cinema also. Leonardo Dicaprio's performance was intense and impacting, along with Jonah hills improving attempts. The direction of this film was memorising frame buy frame, not one scene was lazy or tedious despite its outrageous runtime, the filmWolf of Wall street was the ultimate rich people simulator and was not only easily one of the best films of the year but an accomplish in cinema also. Leonardo Dicaprio's performance was intense and impacting, along with Jonah hills improving attempts. The direction of this film was memorising frame buy frame, not one scene was lazy or tedious despite its outrageous runtime, the film successfully sustains focus and confidence. The editing was extraordinary and the films script holds pure brilliance. Expand
  37. Dec 13, 2014
    Summary: The Wolf of Wall Street is entertaining, powerful and extremely amusing. 94/100 [A-]

The Wolf of Wall Street is insane, hilarious and entertaining. It boasts an amazing cast and a vibrant direction. I'm not a huge fan of DiCaprio's previous work, but after seeing this I'm very impressed with his acting. Moving on, it's a three hour flick, and it wasn't boring at all. Despite its long running time it kept me interested and entertained. I usually don't like this type of films, but this one was very funny and powerful. The characters and the story are interesting too.

The cast is absolutely faultless. The main character performed by DiCaprio is completely nuts, he's riotously funny and you care for him. Although some moments in the movie were too surrealistic, I still love it because it's an extremely well executed biopic that manages to be hilariously entertaining and inspiring. It is about leadership and craziness; it's a strange flick filled with a bunch of obscene and bizarre moments. It definitely earns an R rating, it has some... explicit stuff. [A-]
  38. Nov 25, 2014
    To be honest, I expected worse from this movie. The Wolf of Wall Street wasn't that bad. The only reason this is an 8 is because of the unnecessary nudity and sexual content. It would've been a 10 (probably) without the sex and nudity.
  39. Nov 16, 2014
    Hell yeah. Now this is what I call a wild and crazy film!

Hell yeah. Now this is what I call a wild and crazy film!

I really had a great time watching this film; it's fun and crazy at the same time. I even laughed out because it got some damn great things that I totally enjoyed to watch. The Wolf of Wall Street truly got me of guard; I didn't expect this film to be so realistic and incredible. I even felt a bit emotional, because some of the events in the film truly illustrate how life can be; it can be fun but also terrible. Leonardo DiCaprio as Jordan Belfort is flawless, and the main cast are incredible. This in combination with a great story results in a fantastic and realistic film, but it got some downsides. One thing is that the second part of the film is less funny, and the tempo is also a bit slower. The movie overall could have had even more entertaining things, it could have resulted in a higher grade from my perspective! The last thing is the ending, there's nothing wrong about it but it could have been more exiting or thrilling maybe.

The Wolf of Wall Street is a **** wild film, and I really recommend everyone to see it!

The Wolf of Wall Street gets a 7.5/10
  40. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Wolf of Wall Street" 10 Scale Rating: 6.5 (Decent) ...

The Good: DiCaprio was absolutely amazing and deserving of his Oscar nomination. Jonah Hill has really come a long way as an actor and was great as well. The cast all around deserved accolades. The story itself was interesting and Scorsese grabs your interest five minutes in. The Bad: It is way too long and contains way too
    "The Wolf of Wall Street" 10 Scale Rating: 6.5 (Decent) ...

The Bad: It is way too long and contains way too much filler. The film is about excess and I get that, but there were far too many scenes depicting it. It felt like of the three hours the movie takes to complete, two of them were lengthy sex, alcohol and drugs binges. That fact severely limited how good the film could be.
  41. Nov 12, 2014
    Clocking at 3 hours long, The Wolf of Wall Street never takes a break. Right from the get go, Scorsese's energetically powerful directing and DiCaprio's brilliant performance make this movie a movie full of sex and drugs one hell of a roller coaster through the criminal world of Wall Street. The dialogue feels so colorful and vibrant, and all the actors deliver an incredible performance.Clocking at 3 hours long, The Wolf of Wall Street never takes a break. Right from the get go, Scorsese's energetically powerful directing and DiCaprio's brilliant performance make this movie a movie full of sex and drugs one hell of a roller coaster through the criminal world of Wall Street. The dialogue feels so colorful and vibrant, and all the actors deliver an incredible performance. Even at 3 hours long, Wolf of Wall Street never slows down, you're on board for the whole ride, and the ride keeps getting crazier and crazier. Expand
  42. Nov 10, 2014
    Overly excessive but wildly entertaining and very fun, The Wolf of Wall Street finds Martin Scorcese and all the actors involved at the top of their game.
  43. Nov 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. scorcese is a genious in any kind of movie he proved to be a gangster movie genious in goodfellas a family movie genious in hugo and now he is a comedy movie genious because this movie is **** awesome Expand
  44. Oct 26, 2014
    The Wolf of Wall Street is the story of a truly infamous man, Jordan Belfort, who had a stock market company that broke all the rules and then some. As a film, this movie does the same thing. It is shockingly outrageous as it follows his story of corruption, greed, sex, drugs, and other terrible things. The amazing thing is that this movie does all this in all the right ways to make aThe Wolf of Wall Street is the story of a truly infamous man, Jordan Belfort, who had a stock market company that broke all the rules and then some. As a film, this movie does the same thing. It is shockingly outrageous as it follows his story of corruption, greed, sex, drugs, and other terrible things. The amazing thing is that this movie does all this in all the right ways to make a movie that will blow you away and leave you thinking about it after the credits. I cannot talk about anything else without mentioning Leonardo DiCaprio's performance as the main character. He is absolutely phenomenal, and this film just adds to all the other career-defining performances he has done. He perfectly captures what this man in real life was. Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie, and Rob Reiner also do amazing performances. All the others did fine jobs, but some characters were underdeveloped. Seeing this man's journey felt extremely powerful over this 3 hour long film, but it moves at such a quick rate that it comes out as even more entertaining. With that quick pace, though, it adds minor plot holes to the film, but there nearly non-noticeable. The drama is amazingly done, along with the sharp-as-blades writing. Yes, this film is very, very brash and/or repulsive, but it makes sense with the story for it to just show how corrupt Belfort's and the people he worked with lives were. The film also sprinkles in a little bit of humour, but I wish it were a larger portion of the movie. The Wolf of Wall Street will go down as one of Martin Scorcese's best films, along with one of DiCaprio's best performances ever. The minor flaws are so overshadowed by the rest of the amazements. It is, without a doubt, one of the best films of the past decade. Expand
  45. Oct 16, 2014
    this is just fantasic start to finish I didnt know what was going to happen its a shocker its fantasiclly well put to gether ignore the trolls no matter how good something is there will never be a perfect 10 rating because of the jealous trolls its best film of 2014
  46. Sep 27, 2014
    Una delicia de principio a fin. Todas las películas de 3 horas de duración deberían mantener el ritmo de esta. DiCaprio está sublime interpretando la vida de un hijo de perra tan alocado. La trama es muy divertida y no hay un solo minuto sin tacos, sexo y drogas. Posiblemente es la última locura que Scorserse quería rodar, y le ha salido genial. La mejor película del 2013.
  47. Sep 26, 2014
    El Lobo de Wall Street tal vez no sea objetivo puesto que participan mi duo favorito de todo Hollywood Scorsese-Dicaprio ... pero este film es diferente...Principalmente empezare con la historia como todos sabemos Jordan un chico humilde que empieza su carrera en la gran wall street y termina creando un imperio lleno de drogas sexo y mucho dinero...

La película no trata de explicar lo

La película no trata de explicar lo malo que es nadar en dinero y caer en todos esos excesos es todo lo contrario y eso es lo que la hace tan diferente y magistral hace que envidies la vida de Jordan aunque sepas que esta mal hace que te adentres que sientas y que pienses como lo hace el nos cuesta trabajo aceptar que todo esto alguna vez fue real....Aunque esta claro que tiene el mismo estilo de dirección de Buenos Muchachos y Casino...¿para que cambiar una formula que ha sido exitosa durante años? solo hay que actualizarla....Las casi 3 horas que dura el filme cuenta con un gran ritmo que en ningún momento la hace tediosa apesar de que en cierto tiempo el ritmo disminuye no daña la esencia de la película gracias al guion también adaptado por parte de Terence Winter ... Y que decir del maestro Scorsese es un maestro para contar historias de este tipo y con el mismo resultado, historias largas pero entretenidas de principio a fin ya que en todo el film estas mas que adentrado en la película. En cuanto a las escenas explicitas de sexo y adicción a las drogas que todo mundo critica yo las veo como un personaje mas que es necesario para volver a esta película en un espectáculo irreverentemente artístico. La Banda sonora tal vez no sea espectacular pero es adecuada para construir la atmósfera de arrogancia, exuberancia y velocidad contenidas.

Y que decir del reparto inmejorable empezando con la hermosa Margott Robbie en este caso la nueva musa de Scorsese, que tal vez no es una actuación magnifica pero que es apropiado. (sin contar la alucinante escena de su desnudo esa si es magnífica).
    Johan Hill el amigo casi incondicional de Jordan apesar de que no ha salido del típico papel de gordito irreverente lo hace estupendo ya que el es simpático por naturaleza y aquí lo hace ver mejor que antes (quien no se ha reido con una escena de el en esta pelicula)
    Y que decir el Soberbio Dicaprio el gran campeón sin corona de los oscares que nos muestra una de sus mejores actuaciones de su brillante carrera...Capaz de hacer que lo idolatremos en una secuencia principalmente en su discurso del "adiós" y odiarlo al siguiente instante cuando quiere huir con su hija..Representando perfectamente las disntintas facetas de Jordan del chico humilde en busca de el éxito y del señor multimillonario ambicioso y depravado que termina por tocar fondo.

Conclusión: El Lobo de wall steet una película diferente que cumple estupendamente con su objetivo..mostrarnos de una manera triunfal el ascenso y caída de jordan con temas como el libertinaje y los excesos sin ningún sentido moral ..Con la firma característica de Scorsese y una magnifica actuación de Dicaprio
  48. Sep 20, 2014
    A beast of a movie, The Wolf of Wall Street, is a monstrous three hour Martin Scorsese creation that is absolutely enthralling and mesmerizing. Jordan Belfort is the repugnant stock broker who ‘steals from the rich and gives to himself’. An ostentatious super-rich man dripping in excess, achieved through deceit and fraud, and we follow along on his rise and inevitable fall.

The whole

The whole movie is garish, every single wonderful second and screams of Scorsese style. It is not for everyone and certainly not the faint of heart given the prevalence of nudity, sex and drugs (oh, the drugs!). It is loud, bold, and just shy of ludicrous but equally hilarious, anchored by the performances of Leonardo DiCaprio as Jordan Belfort and Jonah Hill, Belfort’s right hand man Donnie Azoff.

It is nominated for five Academy Awards, a sizable number worthy of pride for all those involved. Though, if it doesn’t win for at least one of the categories in which the picture is nominated, given the sheer undertaking of the film, then the whole award show is a sham because it deserves some recognition.

I want to explain why, I want to reference scenes to prove my point, I really do, but if I did I would be spoiling the experience. So just watch it and see.

More reviews of recent releases can be found at our website!
  49. Sep 5, 2014
    Sex, Drugs, and Stocks. Director Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf Of Wall Street" tells the eccentric yet true story of Jordan Belfort along with his wealth infused, drug addled escapades. In other words, It's complete debauchery from beginning to end.
  50. Sep 2, 2014
    It's as if you're seeing three separate, individual films--each as brilliant and intoxicating as the previous. Leonardo DiCaprio gives another fine performance, but it is Jonah Hill who turns his "Oscar-face" on once more.
  51. Sep 1, 2014
    sell me leonardo dicaprio :D
    sell me leonardo dicaprio :D
    28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28 characters28
  52. Aug 26, 2014
    This movie is value for your money. I wished I watched it in cinema rather than on DVD. Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill's performances were off the chain. Thumbs up!
  53. Aug 25, 2014
    Dicaprio takes the material, crumples it up, and swooshes it right in the can. He really is that good. As for the movie, it is a giant, non-stop train ride that is pouring out of it doors with ridulous genius as it races down the track. It really is great fun for mature audiences.
  54. Jul 14, 2014
    Scorsese has made a film that will make people cringe, laugh, and maybe even a little bit upset because of it’s explicit content. That being said, The Wolf of Wall Street is the most accessible three hour film to date. It is massively hilarious, and is a bold representation of a man on a twisted, ecstasy like odyssey to corporate greed and addiction.
  55. Jul 11, 2014
    This was a surprising film - audacious, satirical but also based on a true story. Martin Scorcese is still at the top of his game and firing on all cylinders. While not always comfortable to watch, this film proceeds at a nice clip and has some terrific moments.
  56. Jul 11, 2014
    Got that fresh Dollar Gold Blu ray Steelbook. On one hand exactly what i expected on the other hand not that masterpiece that many peoply predicted. Get this guy an oscar
  57. Jul 7, 2014
    Hey you!

Hey you!

Have you been so let down after experiencing something there was a lot of hype for? Lower your expectations and you will find that The Wolf Of Wall street is at least entertaining. DiCaprios performance is as ever, and quite the same. Margot Robbies acting was sub par, I gets thats the price you pay when hiring an adult entertainer. I do say that Jonah Hills character in this was well done in comparison to his other works.

The brief narrations in this movie irked me, as they narration wasnt well done and never seemed to capture the emotion of the given scene. What else could I say about this movie that's not necessarily negative?

If you want to watch a movie about massive debauchery and not think too much, I say this movie will do the trick.
  58. Jun 29, 2014
    The 3 hour length was not justified. For a movie with so little plot, characters, or anything new to say, this film should've been 2 hours at the most.
    It was overlong, boring, and pointless. I seriously don't know how Pain and Gain can get panned while Wolf of Wall Street gets praised considering they're both the same movie.
  59. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I went to see because my friends wanted to.
    Review:
    Pros: There were some funny bits. The story does draw one in.
    Cons: Oh! The depravity of this film! Wanton nudity and sex! Leaves a terrible taste in the mouth. Di Caprio was over-acting here, like he usually does, and so was Hill. The whole film seemed over-done.
    4/5 - Good enough to pay and watch it in the cinema.
  60. Jun 12, 2014
    After dumping his longtime companion Robert De Niro for the hey-day Leonardo DiCaprio in the naughties, Martin Scorsese embarks on a series of ambitious enterprises to earn his overdue Oscar statuette, finally third time is a charm, THE DEPARTED (2006, 8/10) achieved that goal, but poor Leo is still Oscar-less, so their fifth teamwork is THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, an excessive satire ofAfter dumping his longtime companion Robert De Niro for the hey-day Leonardo DiCaprio in the naughties, Martin Scorsese embarks on a series of ambitious enterprises to earn his overdue Oscar statuette, finally third time is a charm, THE DEPARTED (2006, 8/10) achieved that goal, but poor Leo is still Oscar-less, so their fifth teamwork is THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, an excessive satire of Jordan Belfort’s autobiography, a former Wall Street stock-broker’s rise and fall from 1980s to 1990s, which grants Leo the uppermost leniency to embody this corrupted, decadent and indecent character with inordinate excess and extravaganza, unfortunately, Leo’s time has yet arrived.

continue reading my review on my blog, google cinema omnivore, thanks
  61. Jun 9, 2014
    I really liked this movie...

I really liked this movie...

I can't recommend it to just everybody especially considering that some audiences will be offended by some of the imagery that this film has, it can be interpreted wrong by some. I like the story here because all the events that transpire feel legit and not forced at all, the actors all do an amazing job especially when you see how energetic some of the performances are, you just have to appreciate them; the cinematography is good has well.

Maybe the length of the movie will be too much for some, but I feel that is granted considering that the characters are basically jerks that treat women like objects so this is something that must always be handled with care because some audiences can, again, be offended, the beginning is a little clumsy because of the dialogue however, but I still enjoyed this movie.
  62. Jun 8, 2014
  63. Jun 4, 2014
    Watching the movie, I wasn't offended. It was interesting 75% of the time. but... It just didn't grab my total interest like some movies do. the movie was well acted and directed. but it just didn't do it for me.
  64. Jun 2, 2014
    The passion with which DiCaprio enacted the roll of Jordan Belfort is simply amazing. He and the movie deserved the Oscar if Dallas Buyers Club and 12 Years a slave was not there for the competition.
  65. May 31, 2014
    The Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by the great martin scorsese. this movie is about the life of stock worker jordan belfort, what this man goes through is very entertaining and your bound to get some laughs out of this . it really shows what success can do to some.. along with drugs and a ton of money! the acting is great by everyone especially the two main stars Leonardo Dicaprio andThe Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by the great martin scorsese. this movie is about the life of stock worker jordan belfort, what this man goes through is very entertaining and your bound to get some laughs out of this . it really shows what success can do to some.. along with drugs and a ton of money! the acting is great by everyone especially the two main stars Leonardo Dicaprio and Jonah Hill. two stars two big personalities. this movie runs for 3 hours and i didn't mind it, its very entertaining and well written, i thought this movie was one of the best movies of the year, defiantly recommend seeing this Expand
  66. May 25, 2014
    A great film which filled me with laughter and excitement. One of Leo's greatest movies. My girlfriend and I agree this movie deserves an 8 out of 10.
  67. May 25, 2014
    For a movie that I didn't know was going to be 3 hours it was quite a thrill ride it didn't even feel like it was that long. Martin Scorsese brings us the true story of Jordan Belfort a young talented stockbroker that wants what everyone wants TONS AND TONS of money and he is going to take Wall Street by storm. Scorsese and DiCaprio have done quite a few movies together The Departed beingFor a movie that I didn't know was going to be 3 hours it was quite a thrill ride it didn't even feel like it was that long. Martin Scorsese brings us the true story of Jordan Belfort a young talented stockbroker that wants what everyone wants TONS AND TONS of money and he is going to take Wall Street by storm. Scorsese and DiCaprio have done quite a few movies together The Departed being my favorite this is second for sure. The cast and dialog were near perfection I liked how sometimes in the movie DiCaprio would talk to the camera and it wasnt just one word but it felt like he was having a conversation with you. Now im not a fan of Wall street movies it's just not what I like to watch the only two good movies I have seen about wall street were American Psycho and Trading Places.

Leonardo DiCaprio was perfect again like always im waiting for the guy to have one bad role but i don't think that is happening anytime soon. Matthew McConaughey was great even though his role was small. Seriously though Jonah Hill was my favorite part of the movie just on the comedy aspect along he was so funny he had be laughing a lot best movie i have seen him in for sure. Also it seems that Kyle Chandler always plays a cop in all his movies at least the ones that I can think of Super 8, Zero Dark Thirty, Argo, The Day The Earth Stood Still I guess he just does a good cop. Didn't even know Jon Favreau was gong to be in the movie but it was great seeing him in it. The movie seems more like a big party then a wall street movie i mean it has A lot of drugs and naked women and i wasn't expecting it maybe thats why its being loved so much at least i know i loved the movie.

Overall I give it a 8.5 The movie is that great I would recommend it to people but I know most can't watch a 3 hour movie for me though its a piece of cake. I have had plenty of extented LOTR movie days so can handle a long movie. Also this is a for sure Blu Ray buy
  68. May 24, 2014
    The best movie of 2013 hands down. This movie gets your blood pumping. The sheer depravity makes the movie for me. The fact that this happened in real life boggles me. Martin Scorsese delivers another masterpiece. Performances are great all around, especially Leonardo's. This movie had me laughing from start to finish and had me intrigued. I would recommend not watching this with yourThe best movie of 2013 hands down. This movie gets your blood pumping. The sheer depravity makes the movie for me. The fact that this happened in real life boggles me. Martin Scorsese delivers another masterpiece. Performances are great all around, especially Leonardo's. This movie had me laughing from start to finish and had me intrigued. I would recommend not watching this with your parents as it may get awkward. Overall I highly recommend you go out and watch this movie. Expand
  69. May 24, 2014
    Badass movie aggssfghhyfdsdrggvghg srtyhhhhgfddfhjjhgfdhhhtfdvgffdfhjjhggggyhhgfddfgggfddfgghhbvfdfghygtrdtgtfddghhggffdgghytfddffgggffrtgtfffgyggffttffttgyuhhggffggfggggtggyygffUgtfgfddfgygfghhjjuyyyyytttftyygtffyygtttthhgttyfrgytttytttyttyyyygtfddfhhhhytfyyytfyyuyrffyyttyytryytttttytttffgh
  70. TEM
    May 21, 2014
    The best movie since The Departed (My favorite movie). Scorsese and DiCaprio team up and deliver again. Every cast member fit well and was impressive. DiCaprio gives a performance that leaves me wondering how the man doesn't have 15 Oscars.
  71. May 20, 2014
    Scorsese has never recaptured his great years of Taxi Driver and Raging Bull. Any film that lionises a low life like Jordan Belfort does not deserve a good review. Jordan Belfort is, was and always will be pond scum and a bottom feeder. This movie celebrates his disgusting deeds in a sycophantic Hollywood romanticism that so many American films suffer from. I give it a few points forScorsese has never recaptured his great years of Taxi Driver and Raging Bull. Any film that lionises a low life like Jordan Belfort does not deserve a good review. Jordan Belfort is, was and always will be pond scum and a bottom feeder. This movie celebrates his disgusting deeds in a sycophantic Hollywood romanticism that so many American films suffer from. I give it a few points for good camera work and acting. As usual the script has a lot of room for improvement. Expand
  72. May 16, 2014
    Shame that Leo didn't win an Oscar for this movie.... he was so good in it. Martin Scorsese is one of my favourite movie directors ever!!!. BEST SCORSESE FILM SINCE THE DEPARTED!!!!
  73. May 16, 2014
    Over-the-top, gratuitous, and at times down right disturbing, WOWs won me over despite my best attempt to remain detached. Leo is great, I never thought he could do comedy so well. Hill was excellent too, not deserving of an oscar nomination by any means, but he's definitely due a lot of praise for role commitment. Best I've seen the latter, ever, and the best I've seen the former in aOver-the-top, gratuitous, and at times down right disturbing, WOWs won me over despite my best attempt to remain detached. Leo is great, I never thought he could do comedy so well. Hill was excellent too, not deserving of an oscar nomination by any means, but he's definitely due a lot of praise for role commitment. Best I've seen the latter, ever, and the best I've seen the former in a long time. Don't watch it with any relatives. Expand
  74. May 11, 2014
    Very underwhelming movie, especially from the likes of Scorsese and DiCaprio. I may have liked it more if it wasn't so preachy about how 'cool' it is to be materialistic.
  75. May 8, 2014
    This dirty masterpiece has been told by the fantastic acting of Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese. Everywhere along the line this movie hits the spot with its grossed out orgies and drug infused scenes but its good where it uses it storytelling to back it up. Jonah Hill impressed me with his gouging character that did not fault at any point. As many good characters and cast this filmThis dirty masterpiece has been told by the fantastic acting of Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese. Everywhere along the line this movie hits the spot with its grossed out orgies and drug infused scenes but its good where it uses it storytelling to back it up. Jonah Hill impressed me with his gouging character that did not fault at any point. As many good characters and cast this film had if you have the maturity to watch this film then its a wonderful ride. Expand
  76. May 6, 2014
    This film is terrific, and im not talking about the sex and drug scene, but the movie is well conducted and well directed proving once again the talent of martin scorsese and leonardo dicaprio.
  77. May 5, 2014
    The mutant rapist cannibals from The Hills have Eyes were more likable than these characters . Casino Goodfellas and The Wolf are the same in pace, flashbacks and repulsive human beings. Scorsese is a master of making us hate people but why make us hate your movie . There was nothing new .
  78. May 4, 2014
    The story is interesting, but I didn't expect Scorsese to film an epic 3 hour long comedy about drugs and sex. I mean I love the actors and the filming, but I do not dig the whole concept of the movie, I'd rather like it as a more serious movie, which are Scorsese's finest.
  79. May 1, 2014
    muy buena película. buena actuación. fotografía muy bien ambientada . mostrando la vida de un personaje que tenia mucho drama . comedia , sin dejar atrás la actitud siempre
  80. May 1, 2014
    Saw this Scorsese Project, and I knew I had to see it! Do not regret at all. Excellent performance by DiCaprio, and an amazing adapted screenplay by Terrence Winter. All that drama, comedy, turns out to be better that thought. The only problem is that is overly long, and it has some unnecessary erotic scenes.
  81. Apr 30, 2014
    The Wolf of Wall Street had a lot of potential but it proved to be simply too long and too wannabe. Martin Scorsese is known for making films to this length, but this didn't work the way Gangs of New York or The Departed did. First of all, Leonardo DiCaprio is the main actor and narrator, and once you get used to his character's sense of humor, it becomes recycled and boring. It almostThe Wolf of Wall Street had a lot of potential but it proved to be simply too long and too wannabe. Martin Scorsese is known for making films to this length, but this didn't work the way Gangs of New York or The Departed did. First of all, Leonardo DiCaprio is the main actor and narrator, and once you get used to his character's sense of humor, it becomes recycled and boring. It almost seems as though he is trying too hard to represent the wolf that was stock-market giant Jordan Belfort. The movie is an overly-exaggerated version of the actual over-exaggerated life of a scumbag whose only interest was having a lot of fun and even more money. Expand
  82. Apr 29, 2014
    The Wolf of Wall Street is a good flick. It's fast paced, entertaing, has a LOT of energy and doesn't stop until the credits roll. It's a very enjoyable flick with lots of style but little substance. I liked it quite a bit.
  83. Apr 29, 2014
    Overly excessive but wildly entertaining and fun, The Wolf of Wall Street finds Martin Scorcese and all the actors involved at the top of their game.
  84. Apr 26, 2014
    Moderately well off guy becomes a total sleeze bag and becomes a filthy rich degenerate. Then he goes too far and ends up not being as filthy rich by the end. I wouldn't mind the story, except that degenerate sleezebag wallstreet execs aren't actually caught so often in real life, so that's always a damn shame.
  85. Apr 19, 2014
    A pretty well acted movie with a few memorable scenes noting to really hype to much over. I think this movie didn't deserve as much praise as it got. There were many good scenes but for it's three hour run time there weren't enough to leave me wanting more. Leo's acting was good but I still don't thin he deserved the Oscar for best acting so I'm glad he didn't get it.
  86. Apr 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Martin Scorsese puts out a entertaining dark comical academy award movie. Despite on relying on the drugs and sex of jordan belforst life ..it still provides from great acting peformances and a great sense of humor and enthusiasm to make this movie fun to watch. 85/100 Expand
  87. Apr 18, 2014
    The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
    Directed by Martin Scorsese; Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Rob Reiner
    Rating: 4/5 The fifth collaboration between Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street tells the true story of the rise and fall of Jordan Belfort (DiCaprio), a New York stockbroker who made it big in the wake of the financial crisis of the late ‘80s by
    The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
    Directed by Martin Scorsese; Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Rob Reiner

Rating: 4/5

The fifth collaboration between Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street tells the true story of the rise and fall of Jordan Belfort (DiCaprio), a New York stockbroker who made it big in the wake of the financial crisis of the late ‘80s by shady and frequently illegal means. More interesting is what he does with his new found fortune: what follows is a heady tale of excess and debauchery based on Belfort’s own memoirs.

Despite the more recent financial turmoil, or perhaps because of it, the image of the ‘80s stockbroker has resurfaced for a new generation. Belfort’s story strays into the early ‘90s, but the general aesthetic of the era has the same nostalgic feel, and the messages seem to be the same. Even if we openly loathe bankers, there’s a voyeuristic fascination in watching their decadent lifestyle – or what we imagine such a lifestyle to be like: high stress, fast living, dubious morality and plenty of drugs and sex to boot. The Wolf of Wall Street gives its audience a welcome window into this world.

The story begins when Jordan arrives in the city as a bright eyed, newly qualified broker; having already achieved his youthful dream of working on Wall Street. After an initially unwelcome brief induction into a life of cocaine and lunchtime cocktails by his new boss Mark Hanna (Matthew McConaughey) the rug is pulled out from under his feet, and he soon swaps blue chips for penny stocks, trading shares worth a fraction of a dollar from a Long Island brokerage on a strip mall.

Upon realising that these unlisted stocks can fetch a much higher commission than blue chips, he decides to go into business with a bunch of unscrupulous buddies who know a thing or two about sales, using their silver tongues to make millions by trading them on a massive scale, all the while trying to stay one step ahead of the law. For in truth he is committing outright stock fraud – the details of which are fairly complicated; even Belfort himself chooses not to bore us with the details with his tongue in cheek narration.

The stellar cast is rounded out by players including Jonah Hill, as Belfort’s toothy associate Donnie, Rob Reiner as his complicit accountant father Max Belfort, and Jon Favreau as lawyer Manny Riskin.

The movie treads a thin line between satire and glorification, but Jordan is undoubtedly the hero of the piece, and the FBI agents on his trail the antagonists he must outwit. As an audience, we are invited to his party, and we witness nothing of the effects that Belfort’s deceptions have had on those who were duped into buying his shares – bearing in mind these ‘customers’ are average people parting with their savings, not huge companies dealing in huge sums of money. This disconnection effectively puts us in Belfort’s shoes: much as they must have appeared to him, they are mere voices on the end of a phone.

But Jordan is not portrayed as completely heartless. No matter how large his company grows, swelled with a never-ending number of skilled and promising applicants, his loyal gang of hometown reprobates are never left behind, and maintain high-ranking positions until the end. Even when arrested, and forced to wear a wire by the FBI, he attempts to warn Donnie, rather than let him incriminate himself.

Gratuitous drug use and sexual content aside, the film’s vulgarity can perhaps be summed up by its smashing of the record for the most uses of the f-word in a mainstream non-documentary film, at the rate of around three a minute. The only film scoring higher is a documentary devoted to the word.

Much of the decadence is played for laughs, or at least as a showcase of extravagance, but coupled with the basic shock value of the actions themselves. One memorable sequence sees Belfort snorting cocaine to counteract the effects of a powerful sedative, paralleled with the Popeye cartoon playing on the television in the background.

The film does little to condemn Belfort – although his lifestyle unravels, and he is ultimately incarcerated, any true comeuppance is minimal. This is a reflection of the truth: Belfort’s sentence was just four years, of which he served less than two, which, if the film is to be believed, were in a comfortable minimum security environment for white collar offenders.

These days, he still makes a handsome living as a motivational speaker lecturing on sales technique, and of course, anyone who gets their autobiography made into a Scorsese picture starring Leonardo DiCaprio must have lucked out in the long run.
  88. Apr 16, 2014
    The Wolf of Wall Street was excellent in aspects of story and structure. The acting was great, which is to be expected with stars, such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. These actors truly outdid themselves in their respective roles. Unfortunately, the one big problem with the movie is that it was far too long. Some of the speech scenes should have been cut shorter and although theThe Wolf of Wall Street was excellent in aspects of story and structure. The acting was great, which is to be expected with stars, such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill. These actors truly outdid themselves in their respective roles. Unfortunately, the one big problem with the movie is that it was far too long. Some of the speech scenes should have been cut shorter and although the drug-induced stupors were comical they too lasted too long. All in all, the film was great but I was ready for it to be over before it was. Expand
  89. Apr 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like this movie it is very funny I like the main character where he fights with his wife every morning. he is a million dollar man he is very rich I give this movie a 10 out of 10 Expand
  90. Apr 16, 2014
    Apart from its boring sex and drugs scenes, it has some good moments. But overall, the movie is waaay overrated and boring. We've seen it all, done it all, and more...
  91. Apr 13, 2014
    I had to really struggle to give this move a 1. It is one of the absolute worst movies I have ever seen. I actually did not know that Martin Scorcese was the Director, until I noticed the credits-in fact, if I had noticed the movie cover and seen it was a Scorcese film I'd be even more bamboozled than I am. Dear Martin Scorcese-you can do better that this! I saw this loser of a film afterI had to really struggle to give this move a 1. It is one of the absolute worst movies I have ever seen. I actually did not know that Martin Scorcese was the Director, until I noticed the credits-in fact, if I had noticed the movie cover and seen it was a Scorcese film I'd be even more bamboozled than I am. Dear Martin Scorcese-you can do better that this! I saw this loser of a film after buying it on DVD at Target. Can someone please tell me how I can get my $19.99 back? This pure load of garbage is called a black comedy. I'm not sure why-they are a few laughs here and there, but by and large it's so overbearing and burdensome that its really tough to describe. It is also 179 minutes long-nearly 3 hours-so to be honest, I have no clue how I actually was able to sit through the entire movie. If I had paid to go to the movie when it was in a theater, I definitely would would have walked out. Some advice: do not buy this clunker on DVD-do not go to a theater who may be playing this dud. Spend your money on a decent sandwich or burger somewhere with a drink of your choice. Don't waste 3 hours of time and money on this one! Expand
  92. Apr 11, 2014
    Okay if you want a heart warming film just walk away, this is definitely not heart warming. I watch movies to be entertained and i was for 3 hours when i watched this, its s great to watch and it actually makes you want to be a stock trader and live that cool drug filled life style (which i know is bad). I have actually never seen Jonah Hill act as well as this WOW he was amazing andOkay if you want a heart warming film just walk away, this is definitely not heart warming. I watch movies to be entertained and i was for 3 hours when i watched this, its s great to watch and it actually makes you want to be a stock trader and live that cool drug filled life style (which i know is bad). I have actually never seen Jonah Hill act as well as this WOW he was amazing and persuading- its also great to see a young shy guy turn into a cocky a****** **** who isnt ashamed to pull down his pants and wiz in a bin. Leonardo and Jonah turn from good to very corrupt and unlikable characters which strangely you still love and cheer up. the film was so entertaining i wish i could forget it then watch it again. i agree not an amazing story-line but who cares when the actors are this good and entertaining as they are, Honestly guys watch this film even if you want depth because you will still love it Expand
  93. Apr 7, 2014
    I found this movie enjoyable, despite some of the objections I read going into it. Felt it was very well done, even with some unbelievable parts in it, though they did not detract from it overall. Leonardo was great in his role. Directing was great. I hate Jonah Hill, but he was good, I admit. It had funny bits as well. Clever storytelling. The nudity and sex was way less than whatI found this movie enjoyable, despite some of the objections I read going into it. Felt it was very well done, even with some unbelievable parts in it, though they did not detract from it overall. Leonardo was great in his role. Directing was great. I hate Jonah Hill, but he was good, I admit. It had funny bits as well. Clever storytelling. The nudity and sex was way less than what I was lead to believe by the prudes.

I give the edge to American Hustle as the more enjoyable picture, and plot by a little. Gravity isn't even in the same league (that was a total POS). Having just seen Grand Budapest, I am grateful we still have Scorcese to show how movies should be made, even though it's not his best work....it's still good.
  94. Apr 6, 2014
    I was absolutely blown away by this film. Scorsese just executed it perfectly. I believe this is without a doubt DiCaprio's best film and one of Jonah Hill's best films. It's engaging to all audiences and it keeps you hooked for all 3 hours of it's running time. You know Belfort is a sleezeball, but you find yourself cheering for him. This can only be done by DiCaprio perfectly capturingI was absolutely blown away by this film. Scorsese just executed it perfectly. I believe this is without a doubt DiCaprio's best film and one of Jonah Hill's best films. It's engaging to all audiences and it keeps you hooked for all 3 hours of it's running time. You know Belfort is a sleezeball, but you find yourself cheering for him. This can only be done by DiCaprio perfectly capturing Belfort's intended charisma. Expand
  95. Apr 6, 2014
    I'll admit there is some beautiful bodies and gratuitous skin, especially the starring actress Margot Robbie is gorgeous. However there just isn't much of a story and it seems like a really long movie that's mostly about severe substance abuse, which makes it kind of a downer.
  96. Apr 6, 2014
    I watched this film. It stars Leonardo Di Caprio, Seth Rogans friend, and boobs. It's on for 3 hours.
    Summary: Really good. Bit long. Much boobs. 8/10.
  97. Apr 5, 2014
    It is good entertainment. It is impressive that any film can maintain your attention after three hours and The Wolf of Wall Street certainly does that. Acting is great too.
  98. Apr 5, 2014
    Scorsese's latest film is an excellent fictional look into the lives of Wall Street Bankers. DiCaprio's character is certainly a role we've never seen him in before and executed perfectly. While this film contains a lot of drugs, nudity, and curse words, all are done to represent a bigger theme and convey Scorsese's message overall. While this film may seem a bit long, the story isScorsese's latest film is an excellent fictional look into the lives of Wall Street Bankers. DiCaprio's character is certainly a role we've never seen him in before and executed perfectly. While this film contains a lot of drugs, nudity, and curse words, all are done to represent a bigger theme and convey Scorsese's message overall. While this film may seem a bit long, the story is enveloping and very entertaining to follow. Expand
  99. Apr 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A big dissapoinment. I had high hopes because of the incredible score, but sadly I had the fealing of watching every movie where a gangster goes big and loses it all in the end. I don't know why exactly but it feels like a modern remake of Blow but replacing the weed with stocks. If this was the first movie in it's kind it would get an 8 at least, but same old story and same predictable end... I think I would have liked it if dicaprio got away with it and lived happily ever after. It is a true story, but then again this is the story of every stock brocker that **** up and makes a lot of money along the way... Worth a watch, but be warned this isn't the piece of art we're made to believe

just my opinion
  100. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    What i love about this movie, is it shows us how all our invested money is played with at the highest level of the financial system. Its shocking to be honest. What's more alarming is that you would think people of wisdom, intelligence and responsibility would be running the show, only to find out, that they are just a bunch of power hungry go getter's with a 'winniiiinnngg' attitude.What i love about this movie, is it shows us how all our invested money is played with at the highest level of the financial system. Its shocking to be honest. What's more alarming is that you would think people of wisdom, intelligence and responsibility would be running the show, only to find out, that they are just a bunch of power hungry go getter's with a 'winniiiinnngg' attitude. Brilliantly told and an absolute must watch! Could have been a little shorter though. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Dec 28, 2013
    By buying the pitch that its central character’s escapades were the stuff of mesmerizing drama or comedy, Scorsese, Winter and DiCaprio reveal themselves as dupes — the latest in a long line of clever folks swindled by Jordan Belfort.
  2. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 28, 2013
    This telling of the tale possesses enormous cinematic energy and a killer supporting cast full of hilarious delights.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 28, 2013
    Any meaningful perspective on the greedfest of the period is obscured by the gleefulness of the depiction.