6.7

1. Sep 22, 2013
    I wish there was a way for users to delete reviews. I thought this was a good film but I want to delete the review under this profile, and so I write 150 words.
  2. Sep 21, 2013
    No estaba muy seguro si deseaba volver a ver a Jackman como Wolverine y pensaba que la historia que vivimos con X-Men Origin: Wolverine iba a repetirse. Pero me equivoqué; está en mi opinión ha sido una de las películas perteneciente a la franquicia de X-Men más sólida que haya visto. Empezando porque el director imponen un estilo diferente y con mucha credibilidad. Fue sumamenteNo estaba muy seguro si deseaba volver a ver a Jackman como Wolverine y pensaba que la historia que vivimos con X-Men Origin: Wolverine iba a repetirse. Pero me equivoqué; está en mi opinión ha sido una de las películas perteneciente a la franquicia de X-Men más sólida que haya visto. Empezando porque el director imponen un estilo diferente y con mucha credibilidad. Fue sumamente interesante, el ver como Logan realmente no puede separarse de su instinto animal y agresivo (Wolverine). Que con mucha ironía lo usa para hacer el bien y no el mal. El sentir a nuestro héroe experimentar una pisca de la mortalidad, fue lo que lo hiso más impresionante que nunca. Pero haciendo un paréntesis si hubo algo que me pareció molestoso y que no funcionó fue el personaje de Viper. No obstante la película es lo suficientemente buena como para opacar este hecho. Es claro que en el último y tercer acto la vibra en el ambiente de esta cinta cinematográfica cambia un poco -reconociendo que fue necesario- para recordarnos que estamos viendo una película de X-Men y no otra cosa. Expand
  3. Sep 21, 2013
    No fun! Few actions scenes, almost boring.
    The begining is fine but the rest of the movie is practically horrible and ridiculous. A big waste of money!!!
  4. Sep 16, 2013
    Definitely worth a watch! This film caught me by surprise as i had no interest in it at all going in. Tons of Wolvie, Ninja action. Comic fans may be a little disappointed with the direction taken with certain characters but the film was still very good.
  5. Sep 10, 2013
    [5.8] This movie is almost enjoyable, it just doesn't seem like an X-Men movie, even if most X-Men movies aren't the strongest. Its plot is clearly its weak point, not only because of a sub-par script, but it just doesn't make sense as an X-Men movie. The dialogue isn't always bad, but it's clearly recycled. Easily forgettable, and only worth watching if you care about X-Men that much.
  6. Sep 9, 2013
    the wolverine..honestly i had no high expectations from James Mangold..but i gotta say dis..he actually proved me wrong..the wolverine is a worthy watch, its more drama than action..which is a good thing in a way..because it helps in character development in the eyes of the audience, which is what the wolverine delivers.
  7. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hugh Jackman finally got the lead in his own movie! After being associated with X-Men Origins and more, The Wolverine delivered the entertainment value we hoped for in this film.

The movie trails Logan (Hugh Jackman) and his journey to Japan to be thanked by Yashida, (Hal Yamanouchi) who Logan saved as a young soldier. Yashida was very sick and wanted Logan's power of immortality so he can be healthy again. We see Yashida die, and learn that his company has been left to Yashida's granddaughter, Mariko (Tao Okamoto) and not his corrupt son. She becomes the new owner Yashida Technology and her life is immediately in danger as the others try to kill her and take over the company.

Meanwhile, Viper (Svetlana Khodchenkova) kisses Wolverine in what seems to be an unrelated scene. Wolverine gets injured and doesn’t heal. Logan and the audience begin to uncover the plot to steal Logan’s powers. We learn that Viper passed Wolverine a spider in the kiss which now lives on his heart and neutralizes his powers, making him vulnerable. We follow Logan through his attempt to retrieve his power and save Yashida's granddaughter, Mariko.

Between the amazing (mostly CGI (computer-generated imagery)) fight scenes, and the quality of the cast's acting, I really enjoyed the film. There was a great fight scene in the film, (also featured in the trailer) on the top of a bullet train. Logan's bone claws dug into the train to keep his position. When he would take them out to dodge objects or fight, he would lose contact with the train which was traveling below him at 300MPH. He would then literally fly above the train. It thought that was a truly amazing effect.

What I didn't like was the flaw in Logan's vulnerability. After counting four gunshots to the chest, and a knife to the elbow, Logan still managed to fight and get around as if he still had his regular abilities. He didn’t even seem to worry about the wounds for a whole day, which made that period of the movie feel fake to me. I also am not sure what it is with Hugh and his shirt off. Seriously, 40% of his screen time is spent shirtless. It got to a point where the 44 year old man should have just put a shirt on. Also, there are a few shaky camera scenes when Logan is running and the camera is following him. I know it is supposed to add a level of intensity to the film, but it’s not intense when you start to get dizzy. The dizziness occurred at least twice, during my viewing of the film. Despite the few things I didn't like about The Wolverine, I mostly enjoyed it and was entertained. After hearing about the amazing spoiler in the credits, I stayed after everyone else in the theater left to see what it was all about. If you do not want to hear about this scene, I recommend you ignore the rest of the review.

It is two years later and Logan is going through airport security. The x-ray is beeping like crazy and metal objects near him are floating. He quickly turns around to find Magneto behind him in line. As they are talking, time stops except for the two of them, Professor Xavier rolls up near them. He looked almost too perfect and produced from CGI (computer-generated imagery). As in the first X-Men Wolverine, Xavier says the same sentence. “It’s as I told you when we first met, Logan, you're not the only one with special gifts." This to me was the first reveal of the future 2014 X-Men movie, Days Of Future Past.
  8. Sep 5, 2013
    I'd say mediocre. Stereotyped story events, not innovative, not so violent like i would expect from Wolverine background.
    A mutant villain with no purpose that finds a difficult spot in the plot, a mutant ally with a nonsense power, and a giant robot just because, maybe due to the Japanese background.
    The beginning IMHO was good, but after just Hugh Jackman as Wolverine saved a bit the movie.
  9. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not a bad movie, but not great either. It was a fun summer movie that had it's share of action, but also it's share of holes. I was a big fan of Wolverine growing up, but in the movies he's something less. He's supposed to be very old, and one of the best melee fighters, but he is constantly getting his butt kicked by practically every other melee fighter that he comes up against. He's been around a long time, you would think he has learned a few languages by this time, and become a bit more cultured, at least in knowing about the ways of other people. He still looks/acts like a barbarian in many ways, which I understand to be part of his character, but he's also potentially hundreds of years old and has had to have had a lot of different experiences and exposure to worldly ways. He was obviously in Japan many years ago, you would think he picked up a few tricks. I understand that he's supposed to be a wild badass, but why not give him some culture mixed in. It would have been awesome if he surprised them all and actually knew how to speak Japanese and more about their culture to give him some more depth, and ass a bit of mystery, to show he is not just a one dimensional thug. He's also very stealthy and ninja like in the comics, but in the movies he runs in without looking or thinking, no stealth at all. Among other plot holes and questionable scenes, I didn't get the backstory about the Viper and why she served Yashida? Overall a bit slow, and boring at times, but there was some good acting by Hugh Jackman, and some of the fight scenes were fun, but the story and script was flat. Expand
  10. Sep 1, 2013
    An exhilarating superhero flick that improves over its previous lackluster installment. The Wolverine stays faithful to its source material and does what the previous Wolverine film failed to do, which is display an immense amount of heart and pay close attention to characterization.
  11. Aug 28, 2013
    As expected this was a great addition to the X-Men series that focuses on just Wolverine, and it was an improvement on the first solo Wolverine film. It's a little more serious and less corny than previous installments which is a very good thing, and has a few twists & turns in there as well as plenty of Action. Jackman once again proves that he was the right choice for this character asAs expected this was a great addition to the X-Men series that focuses on just Wolverine, and it was an improvement on the first solo Wolverine film. It's a little more serious and less corny than previous installments which is a very good thing, and has a few twists & turns in there as well as plenty of Action. Jackman once again proves that he was the right choice for this character as he has delivered every time he portrays him. Overall great stuff, and stick around during the credits! Expand
  12. Aug 28, 2013
    Es una película de mutantes con pocos mutantes, sigo pensando que no logran atinar con la personalidad del Wolverine de las comics, las escenas de acción le dan un pequeño respiro a la película pero son muy cortas.
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    I always feel that movies set in Japan are automatically at an advantage because of the inherent beauty and tradition that comes with the country which is why The Wolverine is such a colossal disappointment. When Logan (Hugh Jackman) saves a Japanese man's life in Hiroshima in 1945 he sets off chain reaction that brings about death and destruction in the present when Wolverine is summonedI always feel that movies set in Japan are automatically at an advantage because of the inherent beauty and tradition that comes with the country which is why The Wolverine is such a colossal disappointment. When Logan (Hugh Jackman) saves a Japanese man's life in Hiroshima in 1945 he sets off chain reaction that brings about death and destruction in the present when Wolverine is summoned by the man so that he can say his goodbyes. While Jackman is a talented performer, The Wolverine is beyond saving as it is derivative, predictable and most of all, its boring. Working off a horrendous script by writers Mark Bomback and Scott Frank, director James Mangold shows a talent behind the camera for the action in the film with a high speed chase on a bullet train being a breathtaking piece of cinema but he fails to display emotion or evoke character out of his wooden performers. It's not entirely his fault, the acting is dire with both female leads dragging the film down. The constant references to X-Men: The Last Stand and the presence of Famke Janssen's Jean Grey reminds viewers of the nonsensical mess of a film that was, which should make The Wolverine look stellar by comparison but it only really makes you long for the days of Bryan Singers X films. While the film does try to fix the character of Logan, ridding him of some of his grief and shame, it just feels like a stop gap before Jackman is set to appear in the following X film, Days of Future Past. Ultimately its a feature that doesn't live up to its potential and makes light of its own story of redemption by having Logan murder countless numbers of people as if for sport making the whole movie a waste of anyone's precious time. Expand
  14. Aug 26, 2013
    If you like martial arts you might want to check out the new WOLVERINE movie. I don’t know why they call the movie “WOLVERINE” cuz Hugh Jackman has nothing to do with any of the plot of characters until the last 10 minutes of the movie if you exclude the brief yet passionless encounter between Jackman and a young woman. But the Wolverine does make an interesting ally for the movie’sIf you like martial arts you might want to check out the new WOLVERINE movie. I don’t know why they call the movie “WOLVERINE” cuz Hugh Jackman has nothing to do with any of the plot of characters until the last 10 minutes of the movie if you exclude the brief yet passionless encounter between Jackman and a young woman. But the Wolverine does make an interesting ally for the movie’s warring gang factions. I suppose the producer also needed a ‘superstar’ to pander his Kung Fu movie since Hugh Jackman is the only white guy along with some toxic blond who struts around in Jimmy Chu’s and spends most of the movie deep throating her venomous forked tongue into unsuspecting male admirers. Again, why this character is in the movie, makes no sense other than erotic and to push the envelope of the R rating. This having been said, the movie was only okay because the ‘flow’ (I use the term loosely) is constantly interrupted by the need for another martial arts battle. It got boring for me after like the 10th battle and each battle goes on for a while.The giant metal samurai battle at the end was laughable, sorry. Its probably me and I don’t mean to sound jaded (no pun intended) but after having seen Crouching Tiger nothing really impresses me in this arena. If you’re going to do a 2 hr. martial arts movie you had better have awesome dialogue and impressive plot/characters.With the exception of Wolverine this had neither. So going full circle, this is why the movie is called WOLVERINE. But don’t be disheartened X-Men fans. There was an interesting ‘teaser’ at the end with Magneto and Xavier which shows promise for the NEXT X-Men Wolverine release. On the upside PIXAR and DISNEY have a slew of new releases coming out in genuine ADHD guaranteed to keep the little tikes bouncing off the wall way past their bedtime. Expand
  15. Aug 26, 2013
    Disappointed.
    That's how I felt after watching this movie. While the trailer makes this look fantastic, and it does follow the comics pretty well, the way this movie was put together just... it didn't look or feel right.
    Disappointed.

Acting was subpar for such a big movie and they definitely could have cast better in my opinion Hugh Jackman of course continues to do an excellent job portraying Wolverine, but everyone else just seemed so... fake. And bland. And downright terrible in some scenes.

Not as much action as I expected either, and yes there is barely any blood in this movie. Plus certain sequences were very very questionable in that some actions by the character just didn't make any sense (aka it felt forced and unnatural/illogical to advance the story in a certain way).

Locations and sets are nice, and special effects while limited are still done well enough as per the usual with Marvel movies. There are some funny moments with the usual Logan one-liners and a handful of good dialogue, but for the most part I was unimpressed by the writing.

Wait for the DVD/online stream or whatever you use for your non-theater movie-watching if you really want to see this.
  16. Aug 25, 2013
    With this much superhero moviesne life wolverine had to be different and it deliverd. It is a refreshment in this genre It doesn`t pretend to be a part of a bigger story insted it`s a stand alone movie about events in wolverine`s life. Action sequences a great and the movie fun.
  17. Aug 25, 2013
    all horrible

too many Marvel Comics
    I don't like superheroes
  18. Aug 24, 2013
    Hugh Jackman proves to be capable as his usual, sardonic Logan. If only the movie was a little more comprehensible. Some plot holes were obvious. I still enjoyed it.
  19. Aug 21, 2013
    Plot was well pieced together start to finish. Stayed true to comics enough. Action was good and fun although the train scene was a little "unrealistic" to say the least but overall good action.
  20. Aug 20, 2013
    Yet another money grabbing film from the X-Men universe. The Wolverine is a terrible film, I'm even tempted to say that it was worse than X-Men Last Stand. The Wolverine which is essentially a two hour waste of time to see a post credit scene that lasts around 30 seconds to set up "Days of Future Past".

The Wolverine is another attempt to give Wolverine a decent stand alone film. Both times, frankly, have failed miserably. Wolverine is given a pointless and c***py assistant, who's part in the film is just a waste of time. Despite all of the rubbish that happens, the plot which is just stupid.

I did enjoy seeing the darker, angrier Wolverine from the comics coming alive, in this film. But that is the only good thing about this film, and it is only really seen for about 20 minutes, if that.
  21. Aug 19, 2013
    "The Wolverine" is way better than it's predecessor. At this moment we can definitely say that Hugh Jackman one of the best action film actor in US(The Rock isn't even near), he did amazing job in this one. The movie did everything right, except for one villain, great pacing & action, ok story. So, it's one of the best action of 2013
  22. Aug 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was an incredible disappointment. Corny, campy, unrealistic (yes, even for a sci-fi movie) in terms of both plot, character, action sequences, etc. The costume for the female antagonist was terrible. Like a costume out of the 80's. Oh, and Ninjas.. Lots of corn-ball, 1980's ninjas running around and doing unnecessary flips. There are too many stupid little things to mention. A stupid little movie. The acting was OK, and Hugh Jackman was fantastic as always.. but terrible plot really. This movie is actually a 3, but there are a lot of BS reviews of this movie, I think by some paid company and they need to be offset. This movie should NOT be green. It should be Mixed/Orange. Expand
  23. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Wolverine is the newest X-men film to hit cinemas this year. I am genuinely surprised that this film was only given a 6.9 by users as it was incredibly enjoyable. I felt my self on the edge of the seat constantly. That one scene where wolverine rips a parasite out of his heart had me shaking for the next 10 minutes of the film. I walked out of that cinema debating the film's age rating. The UK rating is 12A so I was permitted to see it. However it was in my opinion borderline 15 and I was a little shocked as I expected a typical superhero movie (guns, explosions) and I was handed a plateful of gore! But you know what? That was what I liked. I like a film that I can watch without getting scared but just staring at all the blood and saying 'awesome!!!!'. All in all, I really enjoyed 'The Wolverine' and I am truly glad that it wasn't rated a 15!!! Expand
  24. Aug 16, 2013
    The movie is worst movie i ever watched.Half of people in cinema were sleeping,only
    the dump looked people were enjoying and i felt that they need therapy session.
    The Archer changing sides than baby dippers don't know what the hell is he doing. Hugh Jackman is always perfect and he did his best but this movie is horrible as dark knight rises where batman doing fist fight.First thing
    the dump looked people were enjoying and i felt that they need therapy session.
    rises where batman doing fist fight.First thing is how Japanese captured Wolverine.Who can ran away from Atom bomb while its falling.
    May be flash can do but certainly no human.Movie also so predictable and first glance i knew Yashida
    is the Silver Samurai.Why they delayed till last to extract Wolverine's powers they could have easily done
    it in first place.My advice is don't watch this in 3D because hardly any 3D in it and 3D wise similar
    to iron man 3,rent in a rent box if you have nothing to do with your money.To writers only one message stick
    with comic books unless you are good as JJ Abrams or Dennis Lehane.
  25. Aug 16, 2013
    I was hoping for something a little more special, but what you get is solid. Hugh Jackman is great as Wolverine like always and I can't wait to see him more in the future. B
  26. Aug 14, 2013
    La pelicula no es muy buena pero...es entretenida hasta eso, solo que senti un poco enredada y forzada la trama de wolverine lidiando con su pasado y bueno que mas puedo decir..para una renta esta bien..
  27. Aug 12, 2013
    I love this movie not that I am a huge fan of the comics but jus how they directed the movie to be dark and gritty like most other movies these days, but in the same way ceeps it cind of realistic of how Wolverine manges the loses he had to enure and the many wars he has fought through out his many years on this earth. I deffinetly recommend this movie for every one that likes a goodI love this movie not that I am a huge fan of the comics but jus how they directed the movie to be dark and gritty like most other movies these days, but in the same way ceeps it cind of realistic of how Wolverine manges the loses he had to enure and the many wars he has fought through out his many years on this earth. I deffinetly recommend this movie for every one that likes a good action movie or superhero movie. Expand
  28. Aug 12, 2013
    In a way it's a movie kind of frustrating, because when I watch expected nothing and got kind of frustrated because the film begins in a manner so interesting, humanizing the character to be worthy of becoming a pity that I began to think it would be one of my biggest surprises of the year, I was wrong, by the end of the film convinces and excites us, from there it becomes aIn a way it's a movie kind of frustrating, because when I watch expected nothing and got kind of frustrated because the film begins in a manner so interesting, humanizing the character to be worthy of becoming a pity that I began to think it would be one of my biggest surprises of the year, I was wrong, by the end of the film convinces and excites us, from there it becomes a disappointment, because the end is stupid and almost takes all the fun out of the rest, but acceptable near the predecessor with another Hugh Jacman time putting on a show. Expand
  29. Aug 12, 2013
    Unlike 'Origins', 'The Wolverine' offers a feistier and much more complex protagonist, and director James Mangold brings an abundant of energy, which was massively lacking in Wolverine's previous outing. Although the story stumbles occasionally and the best scene is mid-credit, 'The Wolverine' is still a decent watch.
  30. Aug 12, 2013
    The best superhero movies are the ones where they can capture actions only those characters can pull off... Spidey swinging, Superman saving a plane, hulk smashing things.... Wolverine does that with the character to a degree. Unfortunately it does the same couple moves over and over. Expect a lot of last minute saves before being knocked off the edge. Other than that the action is theThe best superhero movies are the ones where they can capture actions only those characters can pull off... Spidey swinging, Superman saving a plane, hulk smashing things.... Wolverine does that with the character to a degree. Unfortunately it does the same couple moves over and over. Expect a lot of last minute saves before being knocked off the edge. Other than that the action is the best reason to see this movie. The story is so-so. There are some truly head scratching moments, and the repetition of Jean Grey is kind of like the repetitive fights in that eventually one says "I get it already." It's certainly much better than the first one, but not one of the shining stars of Marvel movies.

It is also not a kids movie, at least not little kids. Jackman again shows his bare bottom, there are a couple instances of language and there is a lot of people getting killed (no blood though). Certainly not as PG as Avengers, but it's not meant to be,

1. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Jul 28, 2013
    An intermittently exciting action film anchored by a strong performance by Jackman, who embodies Wolverine like no one else could.
    Slapped with the generic title The Wolverine, the fifth feature-length appearance of Hugh Jackman’s X-Man John Logan is basically "The Bad News Wolverine Goes to Japan" and is not especially world-shaking.
  3. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Jul 28, 2013
    The post-conversion 3D is more distracting than anything else, but the rest of this surprisingly fun entertainment is as sharp as the hero’s claws.