6.7

1. Jul 30, 2013
    Hugh Jackman is in the shape of his life and you can't miss it! If you are a X-men fan you have to see this movie now!
    You also have to see the "special" ending after the first credits and see the secret!!!
  2. Jul 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hard to believe a film could make Wolverine:Origins seem like a decent film. I have no clue how a character such as Wolverine, who's foundation was cemented in the Frank Miller mini series cannon, can be botched this badly. The work (story, mood, sub-plots, characters, etc) had already been done.....how could you screw this up?

The movie rambles pointlessly after Logan gets to Japan and never completes until it ruins Logan's experience in Japan, the Silver Samurai character, and needlessly introduces the Viper character (what was the point of her molting and taking off her outfit......only to put it back on and be in the same form?). This movie makes my head hurt
  3. Jul 30, 2013
    i was expecting more from that film. the first one has more action scenes. this one is so boring. i regret to have waste my money on that film... do not waste your time on this film..go see pacific rim its way much better. also the only thing he cut in this movie is paper walls and wood....very disappointing..
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    The movie was good but it could have been better My opinion is that Christopher Nolan should be the director of the next wolverine movie Hopefully there will be a new wolverine movie soon
  5. Jul 30, 2013
    An excellent adaptation of my favourite Wolverine comic series, The Wolverine does a fantastic job of developing the character further than ever before (and much better than the last installment of the Wolverine franchise). Action scenes are fast and beautifully choreographed with much better CGI than before (referring to the claws mostly) and it's much better on the violence side too!
    The soundtrack is also fantastic, as is the acting, especially good from Jackman this time, but also from everyone else involved.

In summary, my new favourite comic book hero film of all time! I'll be watching this for a long long time. And I hope you do to. Great respect to the Director.
  6. Jul 29, 2013
    When will Hollywood understand that most people don't go to see a wolverine or superman or even batman movie to see them get a piece of ass, the whole half hour to forty five minutes of character development leading up to a simple sex act is boring.
    Also please stop with the I'm losing my powers through 90 minutes of the movie and now I got them back for the last 10 minutes of the
    movie, been there done that. Expand
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    Fans of the horrible Origins film filled with miscasted characters, forced plot with nothing attached to the true comic arc at all, and never a real take on who Logan is will hate this film. It has a tight script focusing on Logan as The Wolverine and no so much the X Men. If people were looking for X Men 4 they are not going to see it here. Its better. Logan is his own story and thats what they focused on and thats why I liked it. The major villian in this film isnt the Ninja's or Silver Sam it's Logan himself. If you cant see that then watch it again as a stand alone film not as a film attached to the X Men franchise. Its a look into Logan and why he is who he is. Expand
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    I enjoyed the Japanese locations. I also really enjoyed Rila Fukushima as Yukio, Wolverines bodyguard. The fight scenes were mediocre, with the standard close ups and shaky camera so you can't see what's going on. And yes, there is yet another fight that takes place on top of a moving train. The only difference from this one and all the hundreds of others we've seen is this train is moving at 300 miles per hour. Hugh Jackman was good as usual. It really isn't that memorable a film, but it's well made and bill keep you entertained for a couple of hours. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    Generally stellar acting and well choreographed action scenes earns this film merit as a technical masterpiece. Unfortunately, the inconsistencies in character, especially in the central antagonist, and unresolved plot pieces leave something to be desired in terms of complete immersion.
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    Good acting, and a plot that explores the character, more than it exploits its powers and flashy traits for the only sake of dumb fun. The last xmen movies where mostly fun but unintelligent, Origins wolverine was as dumb as it can get, so this is actually a refreshing step forward for the franchise.
  11. Jul 29, 2013
    Easily the best action movie of the summer. Although Pacific Rim is real close! Come on, Wolverine and Ninjas! What else do you need? Ok, it does have one too many dream sequences, we got the point alright. Also it panders to the audience a couple of times like when he asked if that was a bullet train. Other than that top notch all the way. And with so many fuddy duddies like Lone Ranger and RIPD we welcome Wolverine with a great big bear hug. mmmmh Expand
  12. Jul 29, 2013
    for me ,the wolverine is one of best movies of super-heroes because i like wolverine and the scenario is very well .
    this sequel is very faithful to X Men The Last Stand
  13. Jul 29, 2013
    I'm quite disappointed with this movie. I was comparing it with the comic and animation's story (the wolverine chapter in Japan). I believe those ones are much better than the movie. they have deeper and well written plot. The director obviously could not get wolverine at all. Logan seems clueless but in the same time the story does not bring out the character. it was good enough in the beginning, well at least the first 30 minutes. But the rest...is just lame. Such a waste of Jackman and Hiroyuki Sanada's good acting. I can't feel the Japan/Ninja/ or Samurai's vibe at all in here. Waiting for a climax factor which never been found until the end. At least Xmen origin: Wolverine was quite okay and entertaining. This one is boring. And the last fight? Well.. that including the main villain and the mutant girl are just so wrong. So I believe this movie is much less than I'd expected. It just needs a much better director Expand
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    This movie is so bad that it is a disgrace to contemporary cinema art in all its forms whether it's acting, plot, cinematography or editing. The plot of the film is so lame and disgusting that I want to just ask yourself, "What is worth all this?". All the characters are so stupid, and their actions are so incomprehensible to me that you just want to get away and not watch all this nonsense that is happening on the screen. Expand
  15. Jul 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoilers ahead

This is stupid. Why can't a move follow some of the established character from the comics? The Comic book company has spent a lot of money perfecting the character, why not use something more closely resembling their story arc and actually using the established history?

Silver Samurai's suit made of adamantium? seriously? Even a heated adamantium sword (or tachyon energised sword like the comic's Silver Samurai) couldn't cut off Wolverines claws. And when Logan was fighting the father wielding a katana, the katana would have been cut to pieces.

The comic book wolverine would have mopped up those silly back- flipping keystone cop ninjas.

The relationship that was "forged" (as in counterfeit) between Mariko and Logan was laugable. I won't be watching this when it pops up on the tube, and certainly won't buy the dvd or even rent it on Redbox. I wouldn't even watch it on netflix.
  16. Jul 28, 2013
    Wolverine is an average movie. Hugh and the girls did a decent acting but the plot and the "artistic" compartment is really BAD and it is not excusable with 100 million dollar budget. SPOILERS WARNING: 1) The bear looks fake 2) The snow looks fake 3) PLEASE before making a movie with 95% of the plot in Japan, DO SOME RESEARCH about JAPAN. - Nagasaki is 1000 Km away from Tokyo (quite a ride in a Audi...and you dont do that when in a hurry to save a person)
    - Shinkansen not stopping with damages and people having fun on the roof?? (Ok, ok it is a mutant movie, it is passable)
    4) The height from where the planes drop the atomic bomb made me laugh...
    5) You cant stare at an atomic blast (you get temporary but serious blindness)

Ok lets stop here, final verdict: 6.
  17. Jul 28, 2013
    Continued the X-men story-line quite well, and as usual be certain to watch after the credits for the standard X-men glimpse into what comes next. Having Wolverine advance the X-men to the next logical conclusion works, which at the same time including a good alternate personal adventure for The Wolverine to contend with. Logan must balance the pain of his past, his torturous guilt for having been in love with Jean Grey while at the same time, having to kill her. Jean is now subdued into Logan's dream world where she visits him in extremely sweet little nighties, always laying next to him in bed and calling him to the afterlife, now that he apparently has a chance to join her since the villain at this juncture has devised a plan to steal Logan's immortality.

The film has plenty of X-personal emotion-morality we have come to cherish in getting to understand the stoic, Maverick Wolverine over the years, and is certainly not shy on great and originally creative action sequences, one in particular on top of a train that has never been done before. Combined with Matrix-Era king-fu gang fights that Logan boxes his way through adds an extra cool touch with this film. I love the ending and its message, and he way it just continues the whole saga into yet another mystery of how this time they may all get together to save themselves, and humanity.
  18. Jul 28, 2013
    Just like Tom Cruise in Oblivion, Hugh Jackman in his Wolverine shows off GYM pack body throughout the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Jul 28, 2013
    The Wolverine is not a bad movie by any standards. Hugh Jackman is badass as Logan and the rest of the actors are great as well. Unfortunately, the movie suffers no character development for a few of the antagonists, a smart, but at some times boring plot, and in the end, you are left with a lot of unanswered questions. This movie is fine though, and if you want a superhero movie badly this summer, this is a fine option. Expand
  20. Jul 28, 2013
    Awful. Just plain awful. Making a tortured-soul-identity-crisis-movie with Wolverine? Who would ever think that would work?
    God, that plot reminded me of Max Payne 3, it's roughly the same useless story, where the protagonist, according o his background and personality, shouldn't be giving a damn about all the people who just come out of nowhere, grab him, put him somewhere far away from
    home, and try to communicate with him, pretending that something very big and meaningful is happening. The truth is, nothing is really happening, at least, nothing that couldn't be explained in a ten-minute sequence rather than a two-hour parade of boredom.
    Action scenes are dull and unsophisticated, with CGI so badly made that my eyes were starting to hurt. I've never thought that an action scene with someone like Logan could make me fall asleep, but this movie made me change my mind. Great job.
    All of this was worth seeing only because of the little two-minute sequence after the credits. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for "The Days Of The Future Past".
  21. Jul 28, 2013
    I'd say this was the second best Marvel movie thus far, after Avengers. Behind it, I would put Iron Man 1 & 2, Captain America and some of the x-men trilogy. The Spiderman movies would come after that...
  22. Jul 28, 2013
    The critics are off on this one.. There is so many superhero films that they are starting to get sick of them. But The Wolverine, is not only a good superhero movie, it is a good movie. The characters, the acting, the action, the cinematography is all great here.
  23. Jul 28, 2013
    Don't know what movie the other reviewers saw, but this movie does not stay true to the comics. If you're a fan-boy, you may find yourself irritated by the absence of crucial aspects of Wolverine's character. Other aspects are just simply inaccurate. Hugh Jackman does indeed do an admirable job given the limited back-story he has to work with, and hey, no one looks better as Logan! I found myself disinterested with the story pretty early in and that feeling lasted throughout the remainder of the movie (I found it to be a very cut and paste approach to evolving the Wolverine character) I began simply looking forward to the next action scene, which didn't disappoint. Really not sure why this is an R rated movie... Expand
  24. Jul 28, 2013
    A couple of unwanted plot twists can't bring down the Wolverine movie we comic book fans always needed and wanted. James Mangold's "The Wolverine" is eye-catchingly well-shot, narratively straightforward, thrillingly designed, and featuring yet another brilliant performance from Hugh Jackman as the film's titular character.
  25. Jul 28, 2013
    Horrible.... The first Wolverine was fun, this one was incredibly boring. It felt like it was watered down for kids, when he'd stab someone it'd not show any blood... just a close up of either Logan or bad guys face reacting to it. The characters were weak, Viper was a crap actor and they voiced over her lines because I felt like I was watching an old Kung Fu movie. Logan's love interest was just stupid. Maybe I'm just had higher expectations after watching Superman. The first Wolverine was great, and I've seen it many times. This movie just lacked any fun qualities and the characters were boring. Expand
  26. Jul 28, 2013
    The least said about the last one the better...This one is just awesome! It takes the character of Wolvie into new territory with some drama to it and we see a side of Logan we don't usually see. Add in some great action and the movie is just killer!
  27. Jul 28, 2013
    "X-Men" returns for another spin-off, "The Wolverine." Since "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" was a huge disappointment until the people and the critics gave the movie a positive reaction of how good it is. But unfortunately the new spin-off sequel was pretty weak for me, and it's still underwhelm like The Origins has huge problems. The new story takes where Logan/Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is beyond the woods, and he becomes a caveman bum. We meet a young Japanese girl to bring Logan back to Japan because Shigen Yashida was dying from sickness and he meets Logan from the past in World War II. After the death, the group of samurai thugs are planning to kidnap Yashida's daughter, so Logan must defeat all baddies including one over the top villain named Viper. The actions scenes are pretty good sometimes, but it's too silly and completely inaccurate. The mid scene is pretty boring and I feel that the movie takes so mad long that it's the same setup like The Origins. The Wolverine may be good for all audience, but I'm still waiting for a good superhero film and I probably will hook up on the next X-Men sequel on the way because The Wolverine spin-offs are a mess and didn't capture to enjoy of the awesomeness of the X-Men character. Pretty dumb for Wolverine's reaction of being scream all the time. Thumbs Down. Expand
  28. Jul 28, 2013
    The wolverine is by far one of the best of the saga. I was on the edge of my seat enjoying ever scene and ill I g every second of this movie. I can't wait in the future of more films with huge jackman as the wolverine
  29. Jul 28, 2013
    Nice movie but only this, nice. I'm still waiting for a movie about the animal nature of Wolverine. The best part is the ending scene, linking with Days of Future Past.
  30. Jul 28, 2013
    Movie was way better than I had expected. Wolverine actually has a kind of character arc and you learn a little more about the character. Surprisingly, the two supporting girls are pretty cool too. After Origins I just assumed this would be another schlockfest and for about 4/5 of the movie, it totally wasn't. The finale is where the movie loses its marbles but for entertaining me as long as it did, I give The Wolverine its due. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Jul 28, 2013
    An intermittently exciting action film anchored by a strong performance by Jackman, who embodies Wolverine like no one else could.
    Slapped with the generic title The Wolverine, the fifth feature-length appearance of Hugh Jackman’s X-Man John Logan is basically "The Bad News Wolverine Goes to Japan" and is not especially world-shaking.
  3. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Jul 28, 2013
    The post-conversion 3D is more distracting than anything else, but the rest of this surprisingly fun entertainment is as sharp as the hero’s claws.