6.7

1. Apr 9, 2015
    Generally speaking, X-MEN series is my favourite among the superhero universe, yet the distant memory of Gavin Hood’s X-MEN ORIGINS:WOLVERINE (2009, 7/10) has faded into blurry fragments, this time, Hugh Jackson’s Logan (who is in top form in his Wolverine physique) embarks on an exotic journey in Japan, all by himself (with Jean haunting him all along to allure him into discard hisGenerally speaking, X-MEN series is my favourite among the superhero universe, yet the distant memory of Gavin Hood’s X-MEN ORIGINS:WOLVERINE (2009, 7/10) has faded into blurry fragments, this time, Hugh Jackson’s Logan (who is in top form in his Wolverine physique) embarks on an exotic journey in Japan, all by himself (with Jean haunting him all along to allure him into discard his immortality), to say a farewell to an old friend Yashida (Yahmamouchi) in his dying bed, whom in the opening sequences, Logan saves during the Nagasaki bombing, only to discover there is a sinister scheme awaits.

keep reading my review on my blog, please google: cinema omnivore, thanks
  2. Jan 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The Wolverine" is the first time we get to see Wolverine in action, with plenty of blood, killing, swearing (well, the "F bomb" was dropped 3 times, not that often) and all that other good stuff. As always, Hugh Jackman is superb in the role but there are a few aspects of the film that bring the whole experience down.

Performances by the rest of the cast can be notably bad and lifeless at times and it doesn't help that characters are written to be quite stupid and one-dimensional. I have a feeling that some actors were only cast because they were experienced in fighting and choreography for the plentiful action scenes scattered in the film. The romance between Logan and Mariko was unnecessary and felt too forced. The plot becomes a little difficult to follow as we get further into the film and is illogically explained towards the end.

There are plenty of moments that make you scratch your head and make you question what the filmmakers were actually thinking; Wolverine disobeying the laws of physics (on the train), successfully striking the adamantium robot with one clean sweep and then deciding to make it fall over instead of finishing it off, Wolverine not doing anything at all about the multiple arrows being shot into his back and not even looking as if he's running fast enough to escape them and to get to Mariko, the Viper not using her powers immediately when confronted by Yukio, the list goes on.

"The Wolverine" opened with a very good 45 minutes but the remainder of the film gets silly along with both the plot and the characters. Hugh Jackman and his badass Wolverine moments may make this worth the watch but pretty much everything else doesn't.
  3. Dec 7, 2014
    This is a good superhero movie with a good plot. It also features plenty of action. It starts off as being a little bit boring at first, but eventually gets more and more interesting. It has a strong climax and an unusual twist at the end.
  4. Nov 22, 2014
    This movie wasn't bad but its one of the worst Marvel Films I've watched. I haven't touched the comics so I don't really care if it follows that storyline. I didn't care for the villain. Marvel films have to have an impressive villain in order to take the movie to the next level. Hugh Jackman was perfect as usual and that is what saved this one.
  5. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Wolverine" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

"The Wolverine" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

The Good: Jackman IS Wolverine now so a great performance from him is pretty much a given. Solid action sequences and great choreography during the fight scenes. Unlike the last Wolverine film (which tosses continuity completely out the window), this one remained tied to the X-Universe and offers up a nice glimpse of the future. With one exception, ... See More
  6. Nov 9, 2014
    Wolverine: L'immortale è uno dei migliori film di supereroi di sempre.Un film fortemente drammatic e fortemente cupo con una storia molto coinvolgente e con un'atmosfera fantastica.
  7. Nov 9, 2014
    The Wolverine stands tall for two-thirds of the movie with pa patient build-up, Hugh Jackman's terrific performance and its great use of Japanese culture, only to fall in its final act.
  8. Oct 19, 2014
    The continuation of X-Men is even less great than The Last Stand.

The continuation of X-Men is even less great than The Last Stand.

Well lets take the good aspects of the film first shall we. The opening scene is awesome, and the CGI is incredible. It also got some highly entertaining action-sequences and cool things. The Wolverine got many defects, and one of them is that it’s a bit brutal for my taste, and it’s very slow and boring at some places. The ending is another thing that totally sucked to watch, so boring (but the end-credit scene is great!). Some of the actors are just the worst, so they could have done that better.

The Wolverine is the less greatest film of all X-Men movies.

The Wolverine get a 6.5/10.
  9. Oct 9, 2014
    Give me a break the guys a great actor but the Wolverine I read about in the comics will tear him apart. The guy is to tall, to weak, and not vicious enough when he fights. Wolverine is a beast a on the thin line of humanity and animal carnage. If he lost a foot in height then grew more body hair then you would be doing something. Not to mention his trade mark yellow and hair. When isGive me a break the guys a great actor but the Wolverine I read about in the comics will tear him apart. The guy is to tall, to weak, and not vicious enough when he fights. Wolverine is a beast a on the thin line of humanity and animal carnage. If he lost a foot in height then grew more body hair then you would be doing something. Not to mention his trade mark yellow and hair. When is Sabertooth coming back can't let wolverine keep going without his arch enemy popping up from time to time. To rip and beat him up a little. Expand
  10. Sep 30, 2014
    The Wolverine had the task of rejuvenating the Wolverine franchise after the failed attempt of X-Men Origins. Did it succeed? Did it fail? I think it did pretty alright. This was mostly a character driven film with very little plot. It starts off strong with a very emotional and intense scene, but from there the film starts to lose path. The viper chick was a useless character that feltThe Wolverine had the task of rejuvenating the Wolverine franchise after the failed attempt of X-Men Origins. Did it succeed? Did it fail? I think it did pretty alright. This was mostly a character driven film with very little plot. It starts off strong with a very emotional and intense scene, but from there the film starts to lose path. The viper chick was a useless character that felt forced into the script in order to have more than two mutants. The Wolverine lacked a villain with strong presence, a plot, and an impactful score especially for a superhero movie. Hugh Jackman is at his best, and at this point it feels as if nobody else can play the legendary comic book character but him. The fight scenes had very good choreography, but the shaky camera made it hard to focus in what was going on. I especially like the train fight scene, even if it did make the eyebrows of every physicist rise. I appreciate this movie because they are at least on the right path to making wolverine movies, which origins failed to accomplish, but I cannot excuse The Wolverine of its empty plot driven solely on the development of one character surrounded by many seemingly empty characters. Expand
  11. Sep 17, 2014
    Lots of fun edge of your seat action and a not bad story but the final act wasent great but it was ok.

overall the Wolverine gets 7.3/10 a 7.9/10 for action 6.9/10 for story a 7.1/10 for acting and a 7/10 for characters/character development
  12. Aug 15, 2014
    "The Wolverine" doesn't diverge from its' comic book source, to its' benefit, but I found the ending to be too comical for my taste. The first half of the movie starts off strongly, and delivers us a tortured Logan, whose actions in X-Men 3: The Last Stand haunt him still. It's a powerful beginning, but like I said, it turns into an all out comic brawl. The ending scenes are whimsical"The Wolverine" doesn't diverge from its' comic book source, to its' benefit, but I found the ending to be too comical for my taste. The first half of the movie starts off strongly, and delivers us a tortured Logan, whose actions in X-Men 3: The Last Stand haunt him still. It's a powerful beginning, but like I said, it turns into an all out comic brawl. The ending scenes are whimsical comic fun, but it hurts the serious tone that James Mangold intended to create. It's okay, and better than the last solo Wolverine film, but it doesn't compare well to the actual X-Men movies, except perhaps The Last Stand. Expand
  13. Jul 28, 2014
    İlk filmi aratsa da açıkçasını söylemek gerekirse beklediğimden iyi çıktı fakat özellikle ortalarda tempo çok düşüyor hatta 80'li yıllar aksiyon filmlerinin tipik sahneleri insanı filmden soğutuyor
  14. Jul 16, 2014
    Its final act is nothing special. But thanks to Hugh Jackman's performance and striking action sequences, "The Wolverine" keeps fans and general audience entertained.
  15. Jul 8, 2014
    סרט שהוא המשך לאקס-מן 3 המפלט האחרון, שמתאר מה קורה עם וולברין אחרי שהוא עוזב את האקס-מן, סרט טוב, רק חבל שהיה כמה דמויות שנהרסו אבל זה לא משנה כי היה שם כל כך הרבה רגעים שרצינו לראות בסרט של וולברין. והסרט הזה אכן היה באדאס
  16. Jun 10, 2014
    Although rough around the edges, this movie is actually very fun...

Although rough around the edges, this movie is actually very fun...

I like the setting, the characters, the fight scenes and the music, but everything is clumsily executed, some of the characters motivations just feel warped and not explained enough, I admit I don't know much of the wolverine character but has an audience watching this movie I expect to know him better, specially when he is the title character... I didn't felt that much here.

I like the X-Men movies in general and this movie is good; I just don't feel has invested in this movie has I do with the more well though out films of this series...
  17. May 25, 2014
    Really enjoyed this movie! I've always been a huge fan of Wolverine and this movie just further solidified that! I really loved how the story involved Logan getting his power of regeneration taken away from him, in addition to having a romance thrown into the mix. It really made him seem more like an actual human character instead of just some unstoppable beast! All in all it's a greatReally enjoyed this movie! I've always been a huge fan of Wolverine and this movie just further solidified that! I really loved how the story involved Logan getting his power of regeneration taken away from him, in addition to having a romance thrown into the mix. It really made him seem more like an actual human character instead of just some unstoppable beast! All in all it's a great superhero flick that any fan of the X-Men is going to want to check out! Expand
  18. May 25, 2014
    jackman promised it would be better than x men origins and he delivered a suitable story to following wolverine after the events of last stand and the first time wolverine is more at risk and closer to death than he has been before it is a must see for wolverine fans
  19. May 25, 2014
    You know Since i wasn't really expecting much out of this movie after watching the trailers. Though after watching it twice now i can honestly say that i enjoyed it more then the over hyped "Iron Man 3". The movie washes out the horrible taste that X-Men Origins: Wolverine left in your mouth. Oh yeah and the claws don't look like crap either so that's a plus.

Again Hugh Jackman plays

Again Hugh Jackman plays Logan aka The Wolverine and just like Robert Downey Jr. with Iron Man the guy is Wolverine simple as that. He has hit rock bottom lowest of lows and he is just looking for a way out. When goes to japan where he meets Shingen (Hiroyuki Sanada) and Marik (Tao Okamoto)the grandkids of the man that he saved back in WWII. There Yashida (Hal Yamanouchi) offers to transfer Logan's healing abilities into his own body so that he can heal himself of his sickness and to get ride of Logan's pain.

The film has some great action i was worried about how it was going to looked but i was not disappointed. People really get messed up more so then the previous X-Men movies which was great. Definitely the best fighting action of this year so far the Silver Samurai fight was awesome and definitely better then what i thought it was going it be. Though the film does seem to change tone there in the third act of it not really sure what James Mangold was thinking but it clearly does feel different and not for the better.

Overall i give it a 7.3 Best Wolverine yet can't wait to see the Directors Cut which is going to be bloodier and also contains 10-12 minutes of extra footage as it does seem this movie needs it. It also has an amazing after credit scene that will just blow your socks off.
  20. May 18, 2014
    The Wolverine is a decent film with some fun action and good direction and nice score. The lack of any real substance prevents this film from being anything spectacular but what puts it above duds such as the last Wolverine movie is the film actually making Wolverine vulnerable and good effects. The only issue I have is the end credits scene, which while awesome undermine this movie. IThe Wolverine is a decent film with some fun action and good direction and nice score. The lack of any real substance prevents this film from being anything spectacular but what puts it above duds such as the last Wolverine movie is the film actually making Wolverine vulnerable and good effects. The only issue I have is the end credits scene, which while awesome undermine this movie. I can’t help but feel like this whole movie was just a giant filler until the next X-Men movie, which looks awesome, and that nothing in this movie amounts to much. Its just a lot of action with a bunch of characters that aren’t that interesting. There is some bit of character study with Wolverine and his vulernability but it isn’t fleshed out that much. If you want a fun movie to kill some time check it out but if you want you can skip it as there is nothing in this film that makes it mandatory viewing. Again that end credits scene just makes me feel like this movie is tiding me over for a much better movie. Expand
  21. May 2, 2014
    This is how you ruin an amazing character who was part of an amazing franchise. The Wolverine is overly boring, with a ridiculous screenplay, laughable action sequences and awful nonsense villains.
  22. Mar 18, 2014
    So it has one part, ONE PART that lasts about 15 minutes involving a giant robot mech samurai thingamabob (that I thought was, well, okay) that pissed people off about this movie? The rest of the film was great! Much better than Origins. Well-paced, character/story driven, with a balancing of awesome action scenes (the train scene in particular). Plus, that setup for Days of Future pastSo it has one part, ONE PART that lasts about 15 minutes involving a giant robot mech samurai thingamabob (that I thought was, well, okay) that pissed people off about this movie? The rest of the film was great! Much better than Origins. Well-paced, character/story driven, with a balancing of awesome action scenes (the train scene in particular). Plus, that setup for Days of Future past during the credits, just ended it on an awesome note. If you haven't seen it yet, and you're worried about the negative remarks from people and the average reviews, don't worry. Just go watch it and see for yourself. I enjoyed it. Plus, it's one of Marvel's better movies, especially after the boring Spiderman reboot and that joke of a "film" Iron Man 3. Expand
  23. Feb 27, 2014
    Arguably the best Wolverine movie yet, and let's be honest all the X-Men movies but "First Class" were about him, so that's a pretty big compliment. The action is great and Hugh Jackman is still perfect as Wolverine. The plot here is also very good even if it does include an almost pointless romance as well as a predictable final plot twist. Overall though it's hard to complain about aArguably the best Wolverine movie yet, and let's be honest all the X-Men movies but "First Class" were about him, so that's a pretty big compliment. The action is great and Hugh Jackman is still perfect as Wolverine. The plot here is also very good even if it does include an almost pointless romance as well as a predictable final plot twist. Overall though it's hard to complain about a superhero movie when the action and special effects are this good. I also really enjoyed the new characters.

It's safe to say that if you are an X-Men or Wolverine fan then you should enjoy this movie. Even as someone who hasn't always enjoyed the X-Men movies I really enjoyed this one. So I find this to be one that is easily recommendable. Do yourself a favor on this one and be sure to watch through the credits.
  24. Feb 23, 2014
    The Wolverine was a very good movie but didn't quite live up to the hype or the potential. The pace and style was unlike any other X-Men movie made to this point and I thought that was actually a good thing. It spent more time on the development of the characters and the emotions. The only negative for me was the last 15-20 minutes or so. It felt rushed, nonsensical, and just mediocre inThe Wolverine was a very good movie but didn't quite live up to the hype or the potential. The pace and style was unlike any other X-Men movie made to this point and I thought that was actually a good thing. It spent more time on the development of the characters and the emotions. The only negative for me was the last 15-20 minutes or so. It felt rushed, nonsensical, and just mediocre in general. They failed to make any motives make sense and the twist was too cliche. It was a good movie but it deserved a much better ending. Expand
  25. Feb 14, 2014
    the wolverine is Big changes all of its previous sequels. instead of adding same story and taste in every sequel, its a good thing to change some characters , and had allot work on actions and music.
  26. Jan 20, 2014
    This is a decent movie. It had potential to truly be great in exploring Logan's struggle with immortality, but falls utterly short in that regard. Instead it becomes a fun yet unfulfilling action sequence. The action is well done and somewhat redeems the movie's other shortcomings, but not enough to make it great.
  27. Jan 9, 2014
    It's definitely better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The action is great. The characterization is also appreciated, showing Logan's struggle with the death of Jean Grey. Hugh Jackman's performance is also a plus.

The plot, on the other hand, is a bit boring. Especially when stretched across two hours. The dialogue is a hit-and-miss. An entertaining summer action movie. Just don't

An entertaining summer action movie. Just don't expect anything else from it.
  28. Jan 5, 2014
    This was just a bad movie on so many levels, plot, characters, etc. Hugh Jackman was good and the only reason one would even want to torture themselves to see this garbage. I love the X-Men original movies, the comics, and the cartoon, but this movie ruined the franchise. The actors were really bad and such a silly ending, this movie needed better fight scenes, actors, and plot...fire theThis was just a bad movie on so many levels, plot, characters, etc. Hugh Jackman was good and the only reason one would even want to torture themselves to see this garbage. I love the X-Men original movies, the comics, and the cartoon, but this movie ruined the franchise. The actors were really bad and such a silly ending, this movie needed better fight scenes, actors, and plot...fire the director! Expand
  29. Jan 5, 2014
    I'm a big Xmen fan, but I had it with Wolverine this and Wolverine that. although wolverine is one of my characters in the xmen franchise, I am sick of his story line, why not open up other origins of different xmen like first class did. despite this I still think it was good, but has to be the last movie about wolverine
  30. Jan 5, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie and I'm not a great fan of X-men movies but I thought Hugh Jackman's protrayal was excellent this time round. A much more entertaining movie than Wolverine. The special effects were spectacular although the ending was a wee bit over the top.

1. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Jul 28, 2013
    An intermittently exciting action film anchored by a strong performance by Jackman, who embodies Wolverine like no one else could.
    Slapped with the generic title The Wolverine, the fifth feature-length appearance of Hugh Jackman’s X-Man John Logan is basically "The Bad News Wolverine Goes to Japan" and is not especially world-shaking.
  3. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Jul 28, 2013
    The post-conversion 3D is more distracting than anything else, but the rest of this surprisingly fun entertainment is as sharp as the hero’s claws.