7.6

1. Aug 31, 2013
    Saw this flick last night. Have you all gone mad? Crass juvenile humor without any character development whatsoever, with a plot that would only appeal to teenagers. I love comedy and science fiction but this was just awful. Avoid at all costs.
  2. Aug 30, 2013
    Stupid, long, clever in a sophomoric way. "Let's make a mashup of two overdone concepts!" That's not clever, that's throwing darts. I should know better: whenever critics love all the filmic references in a movie, it's overrated the filmmaker made it for the critics, not for us.
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    This movie is highly overrated. The movie has no character development, very juvenile humour, and plain stupid. I am very surprised that it has attained such a high rating among users and critics. Maybe I watched a different movie?
  4. Sep 8, 2013
    Awful, just awful. A terrible end to what was promising to be a great trilogy. It's as if Pegg and Frost ran out of steam altogether and went with a wet rag of an idea they had scribbled on a beery napkin used to soak up a mess from the night before. Very dissapointing.
  5. Sep 8, 2013
    So after an amazing Shaun of The Dead and a hilariously crazy Hot Fuzz, the last part "The World's End" had the very risky task of being the final act of a trilogy that on paper looked like the best one ever. BUT unfortunately, the movie sucks so much I couldn't believe it, I had hopes it would be good, and it was easily the worst piece of sh*t I've ever seen this past 5 years, first of all, Pegg's role is beyond lame, it's unbelievable, Frost overacts a boring assh*le and becomes quickly annoying. The movie doesn't focus on the duo, but on several insipid characters. The concept is lame, although it had a pretty good starting. Anyways the worst isn't there. The worst part of the movie was the alien/robotic sh*t. Holy hell this was so lame they are nothing in the movie, nothing more than stupid fragile punching balls. The ending is pathetic and everytime you look at Pegg or Frost, you see they don't even believe in the movie, they just want to be somewhere else. What a waste of money, time and hopes. The dirtiest piece of crap you'll see this year, no doubt Expand
  6. Sep 22, 2013
    This was one of the worst movies I ve ever seen!A total load of rubbish from start to end! I was very angry and frustrated, because movie tickets are very expensive in Australia,and money does nt grow on trees.
  7. Sep 22, 2013
    This movie is Complete, absolute, bilge. Over rated, self indulgent, foul mouthed, bloated, puerile dirge. From start to finish.
    I loved SOTD and HF but I didnt give a toss what was happening in this and couldn't wait for it to end. They have seriously just indulged themselves and taken the complete piss out of the film-going public. Obviously most people dont seem to be aware of that.

Seriously I am at a complete loss as to why this has such a high review. Shockingly awful nonsense, they should be truly ashamed.
    And all the 'fantastic' reviews of this WTF?! Are you all robots?!

One redeeming feature; the soundtrack. Unfortunately a few old school classics can't save this.
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    Wow, metacritic, letting me down. This film was a slow trudge through a half baked plot, only interrupted by a meager supply of chuckles. Oh but... it's the guy, from that movie, and we ALL liked that, remember? It did have it's moments. The action segments have some great choreography, which spices things up. And some jokes hit home. But overall, unfortunately, it just doesn't add up to be the swashbuckling buddy movie it sets out to be. Time will tell. Expand
  9. Oct 23, 2013
    The only spoiler I could give for this movie is that its a massive crap stain of a movie. The plot is tired. The comedy is non existent. The ending is stupid. Waste of time.
  10. Oct 23, 2013
    A massive disappointment. Like the guys in the movie, my feeling watching this was that it was an idea pushed too far, void of all charm and fun. Every joke feels forced and all comedic moments rest squarely on Pegg's shoulders. Nick Frost does not work well as the comedy straight man. And Paddy Considine is charmless without his Irish accent. A thoroughly sad way to end the franchise.
  11. Oct 23, 2013
    Pegg and Frost at their worst. Felt sorry for Martin Freeman being in this movie. And it's not an effing trilogy the three movies in the Cornetto series are DIFFERENT story lines, not a continuation. Meaning its not a trilogy. Regardless this film is
  12. Feb 2, 2014
    I found this movie, soooo painful to watch. It was boring and dragged on and on! I was watching to see where the good parts will begin. But it didn't happen.
  13. Feb 28, 2014
    Inspired by it's score I gave it a spin. And honestly - I want my time back. This movie just doesn't add up in any way.. For some time it tries to be serious and just when you start to get the feeling that there will be a moral at the end or just a bit of sense in it.. the blue thing pops up. And it goes completely bananas.Unfortunately, not in a good way. It's acted rather poorly, the script doesn't make any sense and the whole thing looks like it was written in the same way the whole thing acts out - completely drunk.
    If you want a good Pegg move - go see Paul.
  14. May 11, 2014
    After starting off ok, The World's End became an unfunny, drawn out mess half way through. It goes from a bland comedy into a ridiculous science-fiction event, with an ending that is truly horrible.
  15. Dec 27, 2013
    Lacking in character depth, lacking in humour and lacking in logic. The Simon pegg character was annoying and frost as the straight guy didnt work.

The only thing I would say is the plot concept had some legs but the execution was terrible.

One to avoid.
  16. Nov 13, 2013
    This could have the worst movie I've watched at the movie (and I get dragged to a lot of crap by my wife). No one was laughing in the theater, no lie, not once. I feel like people are saying they liked this just because of the cast, and they don't want to be left out for not "getting" its humor when there is none. "It's cheeky," they'll tell you. Or "it's to high brow for you," no this isn't. Simon Pegg is really funny, but he stinks in this. Expand
  17. Feb 19, 2014
    Good God, what was that? A dull, unfunny retelling of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with some mild humour (I laughed once: when a 'blank' chav's head came off and blue goop when over a lavatory floor). Some glimpses of character development here and there that never went anywhere. The World's End was an hour long tease: we're going to play This Corrosion, maybe at the end.
  18. Nov 14, 2013
    I expected a good movie, It wasn't. The acting is ok and the fight scenes are some-what entertaining but the unoriginal plot and lack of humor (didn't laugh once) killed it for me. I expected a movie worth the high praise from critics and users and I did not get that at all. Would not recommend.
  19. Dec 1, 2013
    I really liked Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but this one is by far the weakest of the trilogy. Why the critics love it so much is beyond me. The characters (especially Simon Pegg's) are all unlikable and uninteresting, and who wants to watch an entire cast acting drunk for half of the movie? Maybe you have to be drunk yourself to have any fun watching this, for all the others: this is not a good movie. And the unsatisfying ending stands representative for the entire unsatisfying 90 min. Expand
  20. May 3, 2014
    I had to double check this rating as the movie was absolutely ridiculous and not worth the time that it takes to watch, let alone any possible price that could be attached. Perhaps it holds some insider geek-of-film lure that I am missing. If so, I am content with missing it, and am reminded not to be further misled by "film critics".
  21. Nov 16, 2013
    one of overrated movies of 2013,Gary the king character is so annoying and can compete with Adam sandler for worst actor of the year.No single joke in entire movie and end of the movie is out of logic.It's sad to see professional critics writers gave this movie so much grade,Either they gone nuts of became man whores.
  22. Nov 24, 2013
    Ugggh. Talk about bad writing. I was ok with the movie's opening scenes and concept but it slowly became worse and worse. Early humanistic scenes that could have developed, didn't. Then, the movie fell totally apart, into a ridiculous science-fiction event. What were the creators thinking? Huh? This one isn't worth your time.
  23. Dec 31, 2013
    A movie that tries to balance comedy and action, but ends up lacking on both sides. The characters talk fast like they're going to say something funny, but never actually seem to. I'm sorry to fans, but I honestly never liked Edgar Wright, and I still don't. His movies are original, but they aren't funny. They aren't even clever. I don't see what they tried to do here.

The World's End
    gets a 3.4/10 Expand
  24. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie is just bad. Reviewers keep describing it as "funny" and "witty", of which it is neither. Anyone who likes this movie is clearly starved for entertainment. Seriously, what was funny about it?

This is a classic case of critics (who are notorious for having no sense of humour) trying to rate one token comedy highly. So instead of rating a comedy that is -actually- clever, they
    pick one that has "all these underlying themes" that "only a true fan will understand". What's even worse is the pathetic home viewers who think, "hey if the critics rate this highly I will too and that will make me sophisticated". No, it makes you a moron who has no mind of their own. Expand
  25. Feb 11, 2014
    Not only easily the weakest of the Cornetto trilogy, this movie is not as funny, well-written or well-paced as ANY of the other Pegg/Frost collaborations. The character development is non-existant and the humour is mostly misses and very few hits. The only saving grace comes from good performances from the supporting cast (inc. Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine)
  26. Nov 29, 2013
    Are you kidding me? I don't understand what all the praise for this film is for. The humour is horrid and tummy cringing, the acting is poor and the story is just shockingly lazy. Im sorry... I did not enjoy this film one bit, and I am a huge fan of Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim, Boo!
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    Clearly, I must be missing something here. I don't even know where to start so I won't I'll just say that I have not seen: talent, interesting ideas, entertaining dialogue, fun/funny moments
  28. Jul 30, 2014
    The three Cornettos trilogy.. If Shaun of the Dead is the chocolate flavour, Hot Fuzz is strawberry... The World's End must be brussels sprouts...

Nowhere near as good as the first 2 and it leaves a bad after taste.
  29. Jan 23, 2014
    What an obnoxious combination of aliens invented velcro and 'white man's burden'. I'm just so conditioned by the "liberal left" globalist media machine I react negatively to an Angle-Saxon pro-imperialist movie. But you know what they say: you can take the British out of Imperialism, but you can't take Imperialism out of the Brit.
  30. Jan 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers. The world's end is a TERRIBLE movie. It has a poor character development a stupid story and it doesn't even make sense at all by the half of the movie. Honestly, I didn't expect it to turn from a comedy movie into an awful action movie. The beginning of the movie was really fun and enjoyable, but *spolier alert* when they start fighting those robots, I gave up on this movie. And the end of the movie is awful too, It doesn't even make sense. I'm giving it a 4/10 because it made me laugh, but it's not really that good. Collapse
  31. Aug 9, 2014
    I want to like this movie but Pegg is horribly miscast, and it just isn't funny. Its diluted Shaun of the Dead with a heavier, but actually better, theme. The Sci-fi element is annoying. Of the five main actors, at least three are just not funny whatsoever. All five should have been. Even Guardians of the Galaxy had better characters, and they were often animated. A disappointment.
  32. Dec 24, 2013
    A film with such high ratings from critics and users, but so utterly poor beyond the first 20 minutes, that I had to sign up to Metacritic to ensure that sane people's views were represented more fully. Pegg and Frost have truly lost their way. How deeply disillusioning to see the wonderful Paddy Considine and Martin Freeman in a film so lacking in wit, skill, grace and genuine thoughfulness. Nice idea: zombie slave metaphor for middle age conformity. And the odd good line early on. But the people making it have so lost touch with ordinary life that they no longer know how to turn life into art, or more to the point, comedy. No one, but no one, will remember this film with affection in ten years' time. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Aug 31, 2013
    Nothing here is so well defined, and the tone of the film begins to suffer. I cannot imagine returning to it as one does to "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," hungry for fresh minutiae. [2 Sept. 2013, p.80]
  2. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Aug 28, 2013
    The World’s End affectionately takes a page from our Fifties sci-fi films.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Aug 26, 2013
    There's a lot of fun to be had in watching The World's End and, surprisingly, more thematic depth than one might expect. The humor, true to its British roots, may baffle some Americans but those who "get" it will laugh quite a bit.