7.6

1. Aug 31, 2013
    Saw this flick last night. Have you all gone mad? Crass juvenile humor without any character development whatsoever, with a plot that would only appeal to teenagers. I love comedy and science fiction but this was just awful. Avoid at all costs.
  2. Aug 30, 2013
    Stupid, long, clever in a sophomoric way. "Let's make a mashup of two overdone concepts!" That's not clever, that's throwing darts. I should know better: whenever critics love all the filmic references in a movie, it's overrated the filmmaker made it for the critics, not for us.
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    This movie is highly overrated. The movie has no character development, very juvenile humour, and plain stupid. I am very surprised that it has attained such a high rating among users and critics. Maybe I watched a different movie?
  4. Sep 8, 2013
    Awful, just awful. A terrible end to what was promising to be a great trilogy. It's as if Pegg and Frost ran out of steam altogether and went with a wet rag of an idea they had scribbled on a beery napkin used to soak up a mess from the night before. Very dissapointing.
  5. Sep 8, 2013
    So after an amazing Shaun of The Dead and a hilariously crazy Hot Fuzz, the last part "The World's End" had the very risky task of being the final act of a trilogy that on paper looked like the best one ever. BUT unfortunately, the movie sucks so much I couldn't believe it, I had hopes it would be good, and it was easily the worst piece of sh*t I've ever seen this past 5 years, first of all, Pegg's role is beyond lame, it's unbelievable, Frost overacts a boring assh*le and becomes quickly annoying. The movie doesn't focus on the duo, but on several insipid characters. The concept is lame, although it had a pretty good starting. Anyways the worst isn't there. The worst part of the movie was the alien/robotic sh*t. Holy hell this was so lame they are nothing in the movie, nothing more than stupid fragile punching balls. The ending is pathetic and everytime you look at Pegg or Frost, you see they don't even believe in the movie, they just want to be somewhere else. What a waste of money, time and hopes. The dirtiest piece of crap you'll see this year, no doubt Expand
  6. Sep 22, 2013
    This movie is Complete, absolute, bilge. Over rated, self indulgent, foul mouthed, bloated, puerile dirge. From start to finish.
    I loved SOTD and HF but I didnt give a toss what was happening in this and couldn't wait for it to end. They have seriously just indulged themselves and taken the complete piss out of the film-going public. Obviously most people dont seem to be aware of that.

Seriously I am at a complete loss as to why this has such a high review. Shockingly awful nonsense, they should be truly ashamed.
    And all the 'fantastic' reviews of this WTF?! Are you all robots?!

One redeeming feature; the soundtrack. Unfortunately a few old school classics can't save this.
  7. Sep 12, 2013
    Wow, metacritic, letting me down. This film was a slow trudge through a half baked plot, only interrupted by a meager supply of chuckles. Oh but... it's the guy, from that movie, and we ALL liked that, remember? It did have it's moments. The action segments have some great choreography, which spices things up. And some jokes hit home. But overall, unfortunately, it just doesn't add up to be the swashbuckling buddy movie it sets out to be. Time will tell. Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2013
    This was one of the worst movies I ve ever seen!A total load of rubbish from start to end! I was very angry and frustrated, because movie tickets are very expensive in Australia,and money does nt grow on trees.
  9. Aug 23, 2013
    But up until its final minutes, The World's End is a genuine delight, the most satisfying apocalypse of a summer that has been brimming with them. Robert Frost famously mused Some say the world will end in fire/Some say in ice. I prefer Edgar Wright's vision: It will end in a pub.
  10. Oct 23, 2013
    The only spoiler I could give for this movie is that its a massive crap stain of a movie. The plot is tired. The comedy is non existent. The ending is stupid. Waste of time.
  11. Oct 23, 2013
    A massive disappointment. Like the guys in the movie, my feeling watching this was that it was an idea pushed too far, void of all charm and fun. Every joke feels forced and all comedic moments rest squarely on Pegg's shoulders. Nick Frost does not work well as the comedy straight man. And Paddy Considine is charmless without his Irish accent. A thoroughly sad way to end the franchise.
  12. Aug 26, 2013
    This has some great chemistry from this veteran team. The skits are real clever also. It's just what could of been a great coming of age movie dissolves into a Dr.Who wannabe plot line. The story would of been better if it were written by the Spice Girls. I liked the special closure and happiness elements but the special effects were nothing special.
  13. Sep 17, 2013
    It is a comedy Si-Fi- Apocalypse story. A gang of 5, old school friends, get together to finish what they tried at school but failed:
    to attend 12 pubs in a raw in one night. "The World's End" is the name of the last, the twelve's pub.

There are some funny lines, there is an interesting twist somewhere is the middle but overall I was not impressed.
    I have to admit that there are
    very few comedies that I really like. But they do exist. This one was not one of those, even though there were excellent actors involved:

Eddie Marsan (who is in my opinion, one of the best British actors), Sam Chamberlain, and others.
  14. Aug 23, 2013
    Definitely the most heartfelt and creative film in the trilogy but sadly not as good as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. The World's End is a fitting conclusion that, though suffering from some plot holes, is plenty of fun and great entertainment, though a little slow at times.
  15. Aug 23, 2013
    This is as close to perfect as it gets. Even with its flaws, it does everything it sets out to do, and is everything that it is supposed to be. Few movies can say that. It ends the trilogy well.
  16. Aug 23, 2013
    I personally loved this movie. It was a late new zealand night, me and a bunch of random i meet while drinking slowly approached downtown cinema, After a few vomits and speeys we sat on our fat lazy ass and watched with great dunking anticipation as random ass flashed at our dunking dull smelly rotting faces. Story short the movie is bad-ass and i definitely recommend sitting down and watching the film, starts slow but gets better as the film progresses. 10/10 madafluffas, loved it more then hot fuzz and Shaun of the dead, second best conclusion to a trilogy with the best being toy story 3 Expand
  17. Aug 31, 2013
    The World's End was amazing. I loved the sharp, witty dialogue and Simon Pegg really carries the whole movie with his odd, and somewhat unlikeable lead character. Edgar Wright delivers a fine ending to the Cornetto trilogy, and a great ending to summer.
  18. Oct 5, 2013
    The ending was crap. The movie was overall good but the ending felt lazy and uninspired. It was a nice change of pace to see Pegg and Frost reversing their roles and the supporting cast were good, even though they felt a bit thin as far as character development. It's funny but the ending was just so dissappointing and, sadly, the thing that really sticks out.
  19. Aug 26, 2013
    I would say that many of the moments are played too serious. I was really looking forward to this movie, but it wasn't as funny as I had hoped, and did not take advantage of the brilliant pub crawl concept. I would have liked different threats at each pub. Perhaps a two headed dog at The Two Headed Dog. Perhaps the characters caring less about the stakes, as they get drunker. Instead we get lots of repetitive action. Expand
  20. Aug 25, 2013
    The World's End is one of the best movies of the year. I loved Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and this movie was incredible. Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg have created an incredible premise and executed it nearly flawlessly. "The 5 Musketeers" act brilliantly. The humor is clever, and well integrated into the film. The fight scenes are well choreographed and the situations the characters get themselves in keep me on the edge of my seat. The movie even made me tear up during a scene. Overall, it is one of the best movies of the year and I can only recommend it, especially if you enjoy Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Expand
  21. Sep 6, 2013
    I really liked this end of the trilogy movie it was funny, gory and had lots of action, great acting by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost etc. great directing my Edgar Wright in my opinion best movie out of the CORNETTO trilogy
  22. Aug 23, 2013
    Weird that this film doesn't follow a homage to a certain particular set of genre in the film medium but rather gives closure and gives a reflective look at our selves as human beings. All of Edgar Wright's stylistic pans, wipes, cuts and other transitions are still there and the chemistry brother-like duo of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost is there. The action in this film is very top notch, I loved watching the fight scenes because of the kinetic shots and creativeness of the fight scenes are funny and entertaining. The beginning was a bit out there but as soon as they get into the town, strap your self in for a hell of a ride. It take's a particular taste of humor to get the jokes in the film but if your just watching this film because it had beer and had "EDM" music in the trailer, you are going to be like where's the non sensical nudity?! where's the blood? I only see blue blood/ink. lol Simon Pegg at the beginning can be a bit unlikable but who doesn't like an protagonist/anti-hero??? There is some surprise cameos if you ever watched a certain type of "spy" movie in the 90's. Expand
  23. Oct 23, 2013
    Pegg and Frost at their worst. Felt sorry for Martin Freeman being in this movie. And it's not an effing trilogy the three movies in the Cornetto series are DIFFERENT story lines, not a continuation. Meaning its not a trilogy. Regardless this film is
  24. Aug 23, 2013
    Couldn't have asked for a better conclusion to the Cornetto Trilogy. The World's End was quite possibly better than Shaun of the dead and Hot fuzz. It had great character development, a slightly confusing plot at first but it explains itself as it goes, and the humor is all there once again. The World's End is filled with action, a great story with a classic ending, and of course it is HILARIOUS! If you loved Shaun of the dead and Hot fuzz you'll definitely love this one. If you haven't seen the first 2 (I don't know why you wouldn't because they're great) then you won't get a few of the jokes but you will still have a great time but I highly suggest you watch the first 2 before then you will enjoy yourself even more. The World's End kicks every other comedies a$$ proving you can have a great story along with all of the priceless jokes. Go see this!! 9.5/10 Expand
  25. Nov 13, 2013
    This could have the worst movie I've watched at the movie (and I get dragged to a lot of crap by my wife). No one was laughing in the theater, no lie, not once. I feel like people are saying they liked this just because of the cast, and they don't want to be left out for not "getting" its humor when there is none. "It's cheeky," they'll tell you. Or "it's to high brow for you," no this isn't. Simon Pegg is really funny, but he stinks in this. Expand
  26. Aug 23, 2013
    I saw this in a Cornetto marathon that started with Shaun of the Dead, went to Hot Fuzz, and ended with World's End, so I think it's appropriate to grade it on two scales: 1) It's place in the trilogy and 2) It's independent value as a movie.

1) I liked Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I had high expectations here. After watching the first two
    and remembering how much I loved them, even the Nth time watching them, I started to get giddy for World's End. Plus, early reviews had rated it higher than either of the previous two.

So, it's with much disappointment that I say this was far and away the third-best movie in the trilogy. There were certainly some laughs, but they were much fewer and far between than SotD or HF. The protagonist (Pegg) was very rarely likeable. The movie got off to an *extremely* slow start, as well. (To be fair, so did HF, but I thought that in HF it worked, and it was at least still funny while it was slow in the beginning. TWE was slow and mostly unfunny at the start.)

2) So, it's the worst of the three, but that's a high standard. How does it stack up otherwise? Again, I'm sad to say that it wasn't overly remarkable. When we left the theater, we weren't interested in talking about the movie. Usually if it's an amazing movie you can talk about this awesome scene, that awesome line, or some cool plot point. This just left us disinterested. I laughed a bit, and I was certainly entertained. And all of the actors were amazing but I just wasn't blown away. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to friends, but if they told me they were seeing it, I wouldn't dissuade them, either.
  27. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The World's End is an excellent conclusion to the "Cornetto trilogy". Following in the wake of the superb Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, The World's End faced a daunting task. It does take a little while to get going, it occasionally is a bit self-referential and getting used to Simon Pegg playing such an anti-hero took me a little while. These flaws aside, it is a fantastic film.

Taking five long dispersed friends back to the epic pub crawl they failed at as teenagers the film starts by introducing each character during meetings with Pegg's Gary King a crude, lying man-child quite unlike Shaun or Nicholas Angel. A long way from Scotty (Star Trek) and Benji (Mission Impossibles 3 & 4), King has stubbornly refused to grow up, remaining as an idle slouch whose friends have left him behind. It took me sometime to see the character beyond Pegg's normal positions (barring his excellent turn in criminally underrated gem Big Nothing), but felt richly rewarded once I could eventually embrace King's values, justifications and the hints of redemption. He is, arguably, Pegg's most impressive creation to date.

We are introduced individually to Oliver (Martin "Bilbo" Freeman), Peter (Eddie "Inspector Lestrade" Marsan), Steven (Paddie Considine) and finally Andy (Nick Frost). Frost was a revelation in this film. Far away from his sidekick role in the two previous films (and, to a lesser extent, "Paul") Andy is as serious a character as the film presents, the man who has probably moved the furthest (emotionally) from the child that Gary King grew up with. A series of increasingly desperate acts by the latter firmly driving Frost's character away, Frost manages to gain real sympathy from the audience during the film, though he also perhaps has the greatest moments of comedy during the action sequences (more on them shortly). It could be argued that Marsan and Freeman especially are underused in this film but, as with the preceding films the main relationship is that between Pegg's character and Frost's.

The spectacular (and increasingly ridiculous) action sequences are superbly choreographed both for exhilaration and laughs. Director Edgar Wright knows when to cause carnage and when to reel back; when to allow a moment for something to sink in and when to throw the kitchen sink in. Given his skills on Scott Pilgrim, Hot Fuzz and Shaun this is not perhaps a surprise. The fight scenes billow with twists and turns, blue blood spilling asunder and delightful usage of setting throughout the film. Observers may note that each pub is named after something that happens there.

It is, simply, a joy. The villains of the piece are the residents of the town. Body possession/cloning is a staple of the science fiction genre (in which this film is as rooted as Shaun was in horror) and is used to marvellous effect, including excellent supporting turns from David "Argus Filch" Bradley, Rosamund Pike and a stunning cameo from Pierce Brosnan. I won't spoil the ending, suffice to say it caught me completely by surprise.

I'd heartily recommend this film it takes its time to get going, but its as rewarding a cinematic experience as has been had in a long time. 9/10
  28. Nov 14, 2013
    I expected a good movie, It wasn't. The acting is ok and the fight scenes are some-what entertaining but the unoriginal plot and lack of humor (didn't laugh once) killed it for me. I expected a movie worth the high praise from critics and users and I did not get that at all. Would not recommend.
  29. Dec 1, 2013
    I really liked Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but this one is by far the weakest of the trilogy. Why the critics love it so much is beyond me. The characters (especially Simon Pegg's) are all unlikable and uninteresting, and who wants to watch an entire cast acting drunk for half of the movie? Maybe you have to be drunk yourself to have any fun watching this, for all the others: this is not a good movie. And the unsatisfying ending stands representative for the entire unsatisfying 90 min. Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2013
    one of overrated movies of 2013,Gary the king character is so annoying and can compete with Adam sandler for worst actor of the year.No single joke in entire movie and end of the movie is out of logic.It's sad to see professional critics writers gave this movie so much grade,Either they gone nuts of became man whores.
  31. Nov 24, 2013
    Ugggh. Talk about bad writing. I was ok with the movie's opening scenes and concept but it slowly became worse and worse. Early humanistic scenes that could have developed, didn't. Then, the movie fell totally apart, into a ridiculous science-fiction event. What were the creators thinking? Huh? This one isn't worth your time.
  32. Sep 6, 2013
    This movie is great, but not amazing. If you loved the other movies in this trilogy or Paul, you will love this movie. Although the main character Is not as relatable as Simons previous roles. He's something new for Simon peg an anti hero. You probably won't like this movie if you're someone who can't pay attention or falls asleep in movies.
  33. Aug 23, 2013
    The movie-making team of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright has been one of the biggest success stories of British cinema of the past decade. With "Shaun of the Dead" (2004) and "Hot Fuzz" (2007), the trio demonstrated originality, ingenuity, and most significantly, capable of drawing a large, appreciative audience. Now they're back with the long-awaited third movie of what’s become unofficially known as the "Cornetto trilogy." Like it’s predecessors, director Edgar Wright loves paying homage to American cinema; "Shaun" pays its respects to George Romero, "Fuzz" nods its head to over the top action, buddy flicks, and "World’s End" takes a page from our classic American sci-fi films.

In "The World's End," 20 years after attempting an epic pub-crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hell-bent on trying the drinking marathon once again. Once convinced to stage an encore by Gary King (Simon Pegg), a 40-year-old man trapped in the mindset of his mid 20's, drags his reluctant friends back to their hometown, and once again attempt to reach the fabled pub The World's End.

"The World's End" plays on the notion that any time you return to your old stomping grounds, changes are inevitable. Upon returning to their small town roots—a place so boring it boasts about having the first roundabout in all of England—the crew notices that things are a little strange. As it turns out, the town residents are now blue-blooded alien robots. Pretty soon, the group of friends find they are not only fighting to recapture who they once were, but to preserve who they are.

"The World’s End" follows similar thematic and structural paths as the other films in the trilogy. While it is definitely intended as a satirical spoof on one level, it also works just as well as a fully functional sci-fi story. You have elements of body snatching, invasions, and more than a few overt nods to John Carpenter’s classic "They Live" (1998), in the way the aliens integrate into their society and take over. It’s satire in such a loving fashion that it comes across as infectiously charming.

If there is anything to criticize here, maybe it's that the genre is a bit more skewered and less defined than in its predecessors. However, "The World's End" does cap an unofficial trilogy, and the grievance is overly critical given the nature of the movies. Long-time fans of the trilogy will appreciate the reversal of roles, casting Pegg as the selfish screw-up, and Frost as the one who has it together. This allows Pegg to fully unleash his gift for gab, and for Frost to show off his considerable skill for physical comedy.

With great gags, better fights, and fan pleasing cameos, "The World’s End" is exactly the sort of British-accented, genre-blending pleasure we’ve come to expect from its creative trio, and we can only anticipate to what the future holds.
  34. Aug 24, 2013
    [9.5] The World's End is incredible, a perfect comedy. It starts out strong and just gets stronger. I can't come close to expressing my appreciation for this movie. It's hilarious, exciting, and wonderfully sarcastic.
  35. Aug 23, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I loved "Shaun of the Dead" and especially "Hot Fuzz", but this movie just had everything it needed to not only be a fantastic movie, but to conclude the summer. It's a funny and even heartfelt comedy that entertains on every aspect. A part of me feels like I'm cheating myself on giving this movie a perfect 10. But the more and more engaged I was into this movie, the more I felt for absolutely everything! Overall, it' the best well-made comedy of the summer. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies. Expand
  36. Aug 23, 2013
    This is by far the funniest and most fun movie of the year; everyone involved is as good as ever. Honestly, this is a movie made by fans, for fans, and the entire theater loved it. I got to see this at a Cornetto Trilogy marathon comprised of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz leading up to the 10:00 PM premiere of the film, and EVERYONE had an incredible time. Everyone.

First thing’s
    first: is a comedy, so is it funny? FROM START TO FINISH! And, surprisingly, it’s actually very heartfelt. The characters are very likable (even if they’re rude and belligerent, they have a good side to them) and there is an argument between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost towards the end that was actually very moving. This film never sacrifices a character or plot point to make a joke, just like the other films in this trilogy, and that in itself shows the care here.

A lot of movies are just mindless fun, but this is actually smart, and it in turn makes it so much more fun. Edgar Wright’s timing and ability to create terrific fight scenes are as good as ever, and of course Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and all others are just fantastic. And let me say something: these special effects are stellar throughout and it only cost $20 million? Truly well-spent. I just can’t wait to see this again.

And note: I am *not* comparing this to Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz (which are my two favorite comedies of all time) because each entry in the Cornetto Trilogy is so different and all of them are truly exceptional.

9.6/10, amazing, two thumbs up, far above average, etc.
  37. Aug 25, 2013
    Overall fantastic movie. Easily the funniest, smartest, and saddest comedy of the year. A great conclusion to an amazing trilogy, and exactly what i expected from edgar wright, pegg, frost and company. always deeper than your typical american comedy, World's End protagonist Gary King is the darkest and most flawed hero yet. some fight scenes seemed repetitive after the 3rd or 4th time around and the the ending had a decent message just delivered in a corny way in my opinion hence the 9 and not a 10. you will not be disappointed. Expand
  38. Aug 26, 2013
    The World's End might sound more like a depressing disaster flick than a touching comedy-drama that explores the nuance of long-term friendships, but that is exactly what you get in this final installment of Edgar Wright's so-called Cornetto Trilogy. The film follows Simon Pegg's Gary King, along with his high school buddies, on his attempt to recapture his youth along a pub crawl destined to end at the titular World's End.

And the film starts out with that simple premise but allows itself to gain momentum to both scale to action-packed heights and descend to melodramatic valleys. Pegg sets off to his home town with his straight-laced buds (which includes an excellent Nick Frost and a perfectly uncomfortable Martin Freeman) to achieve the Golden Mile, a coveted 12 pint pub crawl. Once his doubtful friends begin to lose interest in following through with their weekend plans, all hell breaks loose as Pegg's King discovers that their boring childhood town has a disastrous secret behind its shiny veneer.

Wright's and Pegg's (and Frost's for that matter) penchant for movie tropes take center stage from here on out. The audience is treated to a combination of slapstick humor, sharp wit, beautifully choreographed hand-to-hand combat, horror movie suspense, and sci fi gloom and doom. All of this comes together to pinnacle not to a world-ending explosion, but to a thoughtful character revelation that brings two friends closer together than ever before (which nearly brought this reviewer to actual tears).

All in all, World's End comes close to recapturing the magic of Shaun of the Dead's first watch and reminds us of how awesome the shootouts were in Hot Fuzz but fizzles as a trilogy clincher. However, it does much to remind us that film CAN be fun without monstrous budgets or high-profile marketing campaigns.
  39. Sep 9, 2013
    Despite a slow start and not as much Cornetto as I had anticipated, The World's End still is plenty hilarious, though it often relies on the cuss words more than the previous two films in the trilogy.
  40. Aug 31, 2013
  41. Sep 1, 2013
    The latest film from funny men Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edger Wright is a great time with several big laughs thought The World's End falls short of it's predecessors. The same quick talking witty banter has a welcome return between Pegg and Frost but a surprisingly great supporting cast including the likes of Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine just adds to the enjoyment. I personal love the wok of Edger Wright and he hasn't yet made a bad film, I would even go as far as saying that Shaun of the Dead is one of the best British films ever made, and this film is no exception. The World's End might not be everyone's cup of tea as the film changes drastically around half way through and has a rather abrupt ending but if you enjoyed there previous films I am sure you will fine lots of enjoyment out of this one. Expand
  42. Feb 10, 2014
    Fantastically made film. Not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but better than Hot Fuzz. The Action sequences are great, and the comedy is good. The hidden secrets such as the bars being named after what happens in that bar are so easily unnoticed, but a great touch and will have you shocked when you realise.
  43. Aug 23, 2013
    It's a very funny movie with solid acting and heart, but it absolutely lost me in sci-fi hell with about 20 minutes to go. I was bored by the ending. And the writer/director criminally underutilized Rosamund Pike! Come on! She needed much more screen time.
  44. BKM
    Sep 1, 2013
    Simon Pegg and Nick Frost team up once again with director Edgar Wright for the final film in their Cornetto Trilogy that began back in 2004 with Shaun of the Dead. While it's not quite on the same level as that uproarious classic, The World's End nevertheless serves as a satisfying finale to the series. A nice balance is struck between gut busting humor and more sobering themes including the uneasy transition into adulthood and the devastating affects of alcoholism. It's heavy but never heavy handed and one of the best comedies of 2013. Expand
  45. Sep 3, 2013
    Amazing TRIO has done it again. Love the humor (Its not for everybody). Excellent direction with actually great character development.

Love the fact that it gave us one thing that most movies dont now a day. Closure.

Simply loved it!
  46. Nov 22, 2013
    In the words of Oliver “WTF”. The World’s End is one of the weirdest movies I have seen all year. The story took me completely by surprise delivering the most offbeat and off color movie of the year thus far. The weirdess of the story though enhances it and makes it and stand out film of the year and by no means holds it back. Also, the characters are really likeable especially Gary primarily do to Pegg’s excellent performance. Additionally, you got some great banter between characters. This is all topped off with some a unique style. As a result, we have a stand-out film that I’d recommend to anyone who wants to see a unique film, unless all of Edgar Wright’s movies are like this. Regardless I enjoyed this movie a lot and I definitely recommend checking it out. After this I really want to check out Wright’s other films, since this is the first of his films that I have seem. Edgar Wright you did a good job here now please do the same for Ant-Man in two years. Expand
  47. Sep 15, 2013
    Very well made with all the usual tropes you expect from and Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg script. There are an awful lot of references to their past work and very subtle nods to other films along the way. I guess you’d have to watch it many times to get them all. All the performances were excellent with Frost and Pegg taking centre stage (of course) but with the talent on show, nobody could really put a foot wrong. Oh, and I have to mention Rosamund Pike who plays the female lead, Sam Chamberlain, I thought she was excellent as well. So was it just a clone of ‘Shaun of the Dead’? Well, it has many similarities but the characters are all different and the antagonist is also different. So not a direct clone but you can see where it came from. Over all, I liked it, an entertaining romp well worth a look.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED

My score: 7.7/10.
  48. Sep 1, 2013
    Simon Pegg heads the group of 5 boyhood chums, who returns to their hometown 20 years later to complete a legendary 12-pub crawl. On their route, they discover that the town has changed in an ill-fated sci-fi way. This team of accomplished British actors creates an assured comic ensemble, led by Pegg's manic character. There aren't a lot of laff-out-loud moments, but there's plenty of good-natured, energetic fun. Add some entirely convincing special effects and clever physical action and you've got an entertaining romp thru a possessed English village. Expand
  49. Nov 29, 2013
    Are you kidding me? I don't understand what all the praise for this film is for. The humour is horrid and tummy cringing, the acting is poor and the story is just shockingly lazy. Im sorry... I did not enjoy this film one bit, and I am a huge fan of Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim, Boo!
  50. Sep 20, 2013
    There's a lot to like about The World's End, such as the brilliant acting, solid script, cool music, well choreographed action sequences and overall good story, but there's also a few things that turn me off. Firstly, the three friends that accompany Pegg and Frost are extremely dull and only there to make the two of them seem funnier and to enable plot developments. Secondly, the aliens are lame, too easy to kill and seem put together like lego. Thirdly, and this more of a personal preference, this film is really aimed at p!ss heads, and I dislike p!ss heads. Bar brawls are just not cool, and I get the impression the film is trying to tell us they are....but all this to one side, this is still a great film with a really unique feel. I just think it could have been better. Expand
  51. Dec 21, 2013
    In general, it's pretty great. It's funny, has some touchy moments, and the plot is interesting. However, some things keep it from reaching the level of Shaun of the Dead. The fight scenes get a little bit repetitive (these robots should have been more challenging), the last third of the movie wasn't very funny (except the debate scene), and the ending was a little bit over-the-top. But none of these flaws could take away the joy of watching this movie. Expand
  52. Mar 2, 2014
    While I do not feel that it lives up to "Shaun of the Dead," "Hot Fuzz," or even "Paul," I still have to say it can be a very funny movie at times. It's not quite as intelligent as the previous works these people have been associated with, but it still hits the right notes of funny and action packed. The idea is over the top and absurd, but if you're a fan of these guys previous works then I recommend you give this one a shot. It might not be as good, but it's still fun. Expand
  53. Dec 8, 2013
    Clearly, I must be missing something here. I don't even know where to start so I won't I'll just say that I have not seen: talent, interesting ideas, entertaining dialogue, fun/funny moments
  54. Feb 19, 2014
    Good God, what was that? A dull, unfunny retelling of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with some mild humour (I laughed once: when a 'blank' chav's head came off and blue goop when over a lavatory floor). Some glimpses of character development here and there that never went anywhere. The World's End was an hour long tease: we're going to play This Corrosion, maybe at the end.
  55. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A missed oppurtunity. For me this could have been the best film of the Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz trilogy but ended up being the worst. I thought the premise was brilliant; a group of middle aged friends getting together to re-live their youth and going on a pub crawl. The Gary King character was really interesting in that he was living in the past and I really wanted to discover why he did that. The soundtrack was also fantastic, based on the madchester/shoegazing sound from the early nineties. Things were going really well as the characters started their pub crawl, exchanging anecdotes about their past and getting on famously. Ironically for me the film start unraveling once they introduced the robot aliens to the story. To be honest I think if would have been a much better film had they dropped the aliens altogether as from then on we got a series of overblown chase sequences ending up with Gary giving his "We are humans and you can't tell us what to do!" speech with the aliens responding "oh, alright then we'll leave" before blowing up the town and leaving the whole world reverted to a kind of mad-max existence. The whole of the last 5 minutes felt as though it belonged in a different film. Such a shame, this could have been such a good film. Expand
  56. Aug 26, 2013
    It's been years since the last instalment of the Cornetto trilogy and the final chapter is finally upon us and fortunately its just as good, if not better than the last.
    When Garry King (Simon Pegg) reassembles his gang of school friends for the golden mile, a bar crawl that consists of 12 pubs in his home town he doesn't realize that his home is no longer the same place he and his
    friends remember and it may well be dangerous to stay. The World's End isn't the conventional conclusion to a trilogy but this is no ordinary trilogy. Clearly attempting to bring some kind of resolution to the saga, the ending of the film is actually the worst part of the feature as it has very little to do with the actual film as well as being remarkably confusing. That being said, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and director Edgar Wright prove that their blood and ice cream series are the pinnacle of modern British comedy. Filled with Wright's usual wit, The World's End is bloody good comedy with plenty of laugh out loud moments and hundreds of quotable lines as well as a rather moving finale that is ruined by a journey into the ridiculous with the final coda feeling tacked on and utterly pointless. The film takes its time ramping up to its main story so the beginning is light on jokes and heavy on exposition but as soon as the drinking starts its off to the races. The 2nd act is a blur of well directed action set pieces and wall to wall belly laughs as everything starts to hit the fan and the characters start coming into their own. It's quintessential British comedy that is pretty damn terrific in every aspect and has stand out performances from Pegg, Frost, Rosamund Pike and Paddy Considine.. Must watch British cinema. Expand
  57. Dec 14, 2013
    The World's End doesn't know if it's an ensemble R-rated comedy, a middle-age crisis movie or an action sci fi dystopia movie.....

and you will be glad it doesn't. The movies sets out to create a weird blend of genres and succeeds.

Some of the disagreement in the user reviews can be explained by noticing that the movie is something of a satire or farce, and what it does well does
    not require us to take the characters, tone or plot seriously.
    It uses its monstrous hybrid of genres and tones to unseriously bat around a few serious ideas. This rubs some people the wrong way. Too bad for them, really.
  58. Feb 2, 2014
    I found this movie, soooo painful to watch. It was boring and dragged on and on! I was watching to see where the good parts will begin. But it didn't happen.
  59. Feb 28, 2014
    Inspired by it's score I gave it a spin. And honestly - I want my time back. This movie just doesn't add up in any way.. For some time it tries to be serious and just when you start to get the feeling that there will be a moral at the end or just a bit of sense in it.. the blue thing pops up. And it goes completely bananas.Unfortunately, not in a good way. It's acted rather poorly, the script doesn't make any sense and the whole thing looks like it was written in the same way the whole thing acts out - completely drunk.
    If you want a good Pegg move - go see Paul.
  60. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You could see that this movie reflected the same emptyness as the actors lives it was based on. I admit its a great movie if your high on pot or drunk or just stupid. But you know the actor writer is completely bankrupt of any creativity and ideas when they resort to sheer shock value and star power for the whole movie.

This movie is definitely a Jump the Shark moment for Seth Rogen and his crew, unfortunately, just the feel goods self affirmation this will give stoners of their lives will make all the potheads give it good reviews, if youre anyone else this movie will be something worth skipping
  61. Jan 23, 2014
    What an obnoxious combination of aliens invented velcro and 'white man's burden'. I'm just so conditioned by the "liberal left" globalist media machine I react negatively to an Angle-Saxon pro-imperialist movie. But you know what they say: you can take the British out of Imperialism, but you can't take Imperialism out of the Brit.
  62. Sep 12, 2013
    This movie is a fast paced quick witted movie that will test your ability to pay attention to absorb all of the great dialog and inter action between all the actors.... great acting, good story, and great humor.......... I was not sure I would like it because I saw the first Hangover movie and thought it was an insanely stupid drunk a log 3 stooges type of movie.. this is much different and lots of fun Expand
  63. Sep 12, 2013
    I was thoroughly interested and having an enjoyable time until the last 10 minutes of the movie. The worst ending to one of the best movies of the year
  64. Sep 23, 2013
    I am a big fan of the corneto trilogy,i love teh trilogy.so i was really hyped for the worlds end,and my hyped was worth it-I absoluly love this movie in every point.The movie was so fleshed out and polised so every one can understand i wont say the story to you but itis awsome.the way they act is epic they are so sutable for the roles no one else could have replaced them.Only thing that not shocked me but left me amazed whit a weird feeling adn happyness is the end it is not what you expect but it is at the same time so you feel happy and wierd at the same time.this movie diserves a perfect raitng for its clever writing,good acting,good story and for the overall movie.A good end to a good trilogy.and to al you newbes this isnt a realy trilogy it is a made up trilogy from simon pegg read about it neither one of the 3 films arent connected or in the same univere :).go adn se the movie Expand
  65. Oct 18, 2013
    For me this was the most anticipated movie of this year. I'd say that I'm a fanboy of Pegg-Frost-Wright and this is a decent movie mixing good old british comedy and some sci-fi action with lots of fun details and easter eggs. But still their best creation was "Hot Fuzz", it is really a top notch movie.
  66. Dec 23, 2013
    One of the best comedies of the year. The World's End is an engaging film. Like its predecessors, it's stocked full of laughs and quick-witted dialogue, and the cast is simply brilliant.
  67. Sep 13, 2013
    The end of the so-called "Cornetto" trilogy, "The World's End" perfectly mixes humor, sentiment and action...all in uniquely different ways. This will be a film where dialogue is repeated verbatim for years to come and it's an outstanding cast: Nick Frost, Simon Pegg of course, plus Eddie Marsan from "Ray Donovan", Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine from the brilliant thriller "Dead Man's Shoes." Here, they all get their time to shine. The movie is like hanging with the funniest yet nicest people you know. The plot is simple: 4 guys are coerced into reliving a night from their youth thanks to Simon Pegg's "Peter Pan." It is his refusal to grow up that drives the narrative, provides most of the laughs, and at various times, creates real sentiment..laugh out loud funny, kudos to all concerned. Expand
  68. Sep 16, 2013
    Quick-witted dialogue and unbelievably perfect characters not only render "The World's End" into a brilliant science fiction yarn it also leaves the audience with a thematically heartfelt end to the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy.
  69. Jan 29, 2014
    "The World's End" wasn't all that bad. I just ended up feeling like I had already watched it before. Followed a very safe formula that I feel had been used in "Shaun of the Dead". It did have a few humorous parts but I feel it to just be lacking in general. It wasn't anywhere close to being as enjoyable as "Shaun of the Dead." I really enjoyed that movie and thought it was very well done. In the future, I feel like It's gonna be difficult topping and/or knocking "Shaun of the Dead" off it's high pedestal. Expand
  70. pxl
    Aug 27, 2013
    A fantastic finale to The Cornetto Trilogy, altogether an enjoyable film, well done and thank you to Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I'd say one of the best movies in the trilogy.
  71. Dec 13, 2013
    A fittingly hilarious and clever ending to the "Cornetto Trilogy", complete with Edgar Wright's tight, stylish directing; witty, fast-paced, and almost intimidatingly allusive dialogue and great characterization. This film, as with the others in the trilogy, is distinct from the other two in many ways, but balances almost perfectly the sense of familiarity and novelty. It feels like its own film, and yet it is similar enough to its counterparts to make them feel unified. Though it wasn't as good as Hot Fuzz, it still made me laugh, a lot. Expand
  72. Sep 22, 2013
    My favorite installment in Edgar Wrights Three Flavours trilogy. The Worlds End is always exciting and always funny. Not only does it succeed at being awesome, but also at being quite emotional and in one scene tear jerking.
  73. Aug 25, 2013
    This was one of the best movies I ever saw. I liked it better than Shaun of the Dead but not as much as Hot Fuzz. Either way this is a fantastic movie that everyone should go see. Assuming you are old enough.
  74. Nov 28, 2013
    The World's End is a great finish to such a great trilogy. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are fantastic as usual, but Pegg's Gary King provides the quick witt and most of the laughs. Overall Edgar Wright has created a one of the best comedic trilogies there is. A
  75. Sep 2, 2013
    One of the best comedy of 2013, Simon Pegg delivered an Oscar worthy acting along with his cast mates! The movie has lot of great humor, smart and original dialog, great characters. But there are some problems with pacing. But overall it's a must see
  76. Sep 24, 2013
    Oh my god, this film is something else. Very rarely to I find a film that manages to make me laugh whenever it's attempting to. And all of the other elements that help bring this work of art together are very strong standing. All of the characters are likeable, believable, and they're even relatable to a certain degree, with top notch performance top put the cherry on top. The story is very interesting. It had me hooked from it's retro introduction, to it's final brawl at the very end. The setting may seem quite similar to Hot Fuzz, but it's approach to the setting is very different from such. We seem to have a sort of hybrid of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, which is a match, made in heaven. This certainly one of the best movies I have ever seen. It manages to live up to the hype and hold its own in an industry too scared to tip-toe outside the proverbial box. This film, might just be perfection. I'm honestly trying my very hardest to try and find one bad thing with this movie, and I only found one. The ending seemed a tiny bit inconclusive, but overall it wrapped itself up very well. Also to mention this is one of those movies where the more you watch it, the more it makes sense and the more you understand, so it may have just been me being stupid. So for being one of the few honestly laugh out loud comedies out there, and having brilliant performance, cinematography and writing, The World's End receives the final verdict of the legendary... 10/10. A must see. If you didn't catch it at the cinema, get it on DVD, Blu-Ray, Netflix I don't care. Just seek it out. It's one of the best films of all time and manages to be one of only 3 10/10 ratings this decade (the others being Toy Story 3 and Skyfall) Expand
  77. Feb 9, 2014
    "The World's End" es una buena pelicula de comedia, con un buen argumento y buenos personajes.Tambien esta pelicula tuvo buenas actuaciones comicas, especialmente la de Simon Pegg.
  78. Oct 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Worlds End was a funny and unique film. Simon Pegg is just a great actor and plays his part as Gary King in a great way. This movie involves 5 friends, led by Simon Pegg's character, on a pub crawl eventually leading to the pub The World's End. The humor in this movie is just excellent and the dialogue is perfect. I also give credit to Nick Frost for playing the reluctant best friend of Simon Pegg, Andy. The movie has some twists that are unpredictable which makes this film really exciting. The character development was pretty simple and straight forward. So that is all I have to say about this movie just great it was funny, creative, intelligent, and a great experience I highly recommend it as it is the sleeper movie of the year. Overall 9.5/10 Expand
  79. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably my favorite comedy movie. The humor is dark and the characters are interesting. Simon Pegg makes the movie with his childlike character. He is, of course the cornerstone of the film, keeping it interesting throughout. One thing that a viewer should e aware of before seeing this is that it is not a solid comedy. What I mean by that is the movie takes breaks from providing laughs in order to tell a better story. This doesn't make it any worse of movie, it's just something I wasn't expecting going in. Expand
  80. Jan 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The world's end is a TERRIBLE movie. It has a poor character development a stupid story and it doesn't even make sense at all by the half of the movie. Honestly, I didn't expect it to turn from a comedy movie into an awful action movie. The beginning of the movie was really fun and enjoyable, but *spolier alert* when they start fighting those robots, I gave up on this movie. And the end of the movie is awful too, It doesn't even make sense. I'm giving it a 4/10 because it made me laugh, but it's not really that good. Expand
  81. Nov 14, 2013
    And with this, the unofficial Cornetto Trilogy comes to an end. While I didn't think "The World's End" was as laugh-out-loud funny as "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," I definitely enjoyed it. The only downside was that I found Simon Pegg's character to be very grating and annoying during the first half of the film--however, once his character develops a little more, he's great. I think Pegg is a fantastic actor and very funny guy but he was just too obnoxious for me for the first half. However, the entire cast is comprised of fantastically talented people, the special effects are great, the story is a beautiful homage to classic sci-fi and the fight scenes were just incredible! Overall, a great end to a fantastic series of movies. Expand
  82. Oct 13, 2013
    Typical Simon Pegg movie. It is kind of his previous movies like shaun of the dead but still an just above average comedy movie to watch. I won't say it is too funny but still an enjoyable movie.
  83. Sep 7, 2013
    Despite the weird "enemies", this movie kept me laughing from start to finish. The cast qas strong and fun. The script was smart and hilarious. It's hard not to enjoy this movie.
  84. Aug 27, 2013
    Perfect ending for a perfect trilogy. Everyone from the past two movies ("Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz") have come back for an epic finale. This time, the main genre of the movie is sci-fi, and the story is pretty damn brilliant: it has a lot of hilarious moments (with Simon Pegg being the funniest in the whole movie), but also an emotional depth that I wasn't really expecting. Also, the action sequences feature great camera angles, and not dumb shaky-cam.
    I'm sad that this trilogy has come to an end. Wright, Pegg, Frost and the rest of the crew will always be in my heart, as protagonists of the best trilogy ever made!!
  85. Jan 9, 2014
    I was anticipating this movie, so I paid $8.95 to watch it on Costa Cruise lines. Certainly a downgrade from what Pegg and Wright normally create; well-crafted satires of overused and degrading American film genres. It's still quirky, energetic, and it leaves with a sense of "what the f**k?" Still one of the better apocalypse movies of recent times, 'This is The End' included. The only reason I give it a 7 is that I'm slightly disappointed with Wright and Pegg. Usually they make it far less ludicrous and more insulting to the genres, which I think is their greatest element of the Three Flavour's Cornetto. Expand
  86. Aug 30, 2013
    "The World's End" is a fun and humorous nod to the sic-fi genre depicting a group of friends attempting to do a pub crawl during an alien invasion. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are brilliant as always but I do have to take marks of for the inclusion of Rosamund Pike who just annoyed me throughout. The jokes and conversations in this film are funny and the ironic nature of the film in that Pegg and Frost don't drink in real life makes the film even more enjoyable.This is a solid film well worth paying to go and see. Expand
  87. Aug 30, 2013
    Is amazing. A genuine and satisfaying apocalypse of Wright. The humor is very intelligent, is a movie made by fans, for fans. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright has been one of the biggest success stories of cinema of the last decade.
  88. Aug 30, 2013
    Great Game! I am from Ukraine. Here is we play different staff like WOW, WOT, different kind of games... but this one makes me crazy Ubisoft creating best games... my point is 9
  89. Aug 31, 2013
    I enjoyed the movie! It's funny and it does have the Cornetto trilogy feeling to it. Without a doubt, Nick Frost did a fantastic job playing his character, His best character he has played since Ed in Shaun of The Dead!

My only downside of the film was the ending, I thought it was bit pants. Most of the endings in the trilogy has a funny twist to it but this didn't but as I said, I have
    enjoyed the movie and will buy the blu-ray on release. Expand
  90. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The third flavour in Edgar Wright’s Cornetto Trilogy is The World’s End, is a pub crawl set against the backdrop of the apocalypse, in a sci-fi farce that would make Douglas Adams proud. The setting recalls Shaun of the Dead (2004), which culminated in a mad dash to the pub amid a different world-end scenario, riffing hilariously on the classic zombie uprising. This plot sees five friends return to their home town of Newton Haven to complete The Golden Mile, a grand tour around the town’s twelve historic ale houses.

They’ve all come a long way since their school days. All that is, except one. Gary King (Simon Pegg) the instigator of this nostalgia trip has not moved on a day. The perpetual sunglasses and leather duster that made him the coolest dude in school twenty years ago are now the bedraggled clobber of a washed-up borderline alcoholic.

Where previously Pegg played the more driven character, with Nick Frost his stalwart, yet bumbling companion, in The World’s End, the roles are switched. Here, Pegg is still the lead, but the idle Gary King is much closer to his character in Edgar Wright’s sitcom Spaced. His old chum Andy (Nick Frost) is the complete antithesis, a successful lawyer, teetotal and married. The two have had a “frosty” relationship since school, if you’ll pardon the dreadful pun. Andy later comes to the forefront once conflicts begin, Dutch courage enabling him to become champion of bar-fu.

The laughter flows as quickly as the pints, with sharp and hilarious dialogue. The action is well choreographed by Brad Allen, a member of Jackie Chan’s famous stunt team who worked with Wright on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010). Fans of Wright and his team will recognise the return of some frequent collaborators, well cast to enrich the experience.

The film is a masterpiece of conception, with strength is in its attention to detail (resist reading further if you want to avoid spoilers). Of note are the character names, which subtly reveal their group dynamic. Self-appointed leader Gary King, ambitious rival Steven Prince (Paddy Considine), dedicated combatant Andy Knightley, managerial city slicker Oliver Chamberlain (Martin Freeman) and the submissive Peter Page (Eddie Marsan). The larger group takes a while to develop, drawing the focus away from the familiar Pegg and Frost dynamic. They characters chew the fat over the first few drinks, but each gets their moment in the sun. The name and design of each pub has been elegantly constructed to reflect the events that take place there; some are more subtle than others, but the stops on The Golden Mile are certainly open to rich interpretation.

The perfectly generic Newton Haven was filmed amongst Hertfordshire’s garden cities (The UK’s first roundabout is indeed a real place in Letchworth). Thus the fictional town manages to represent the epitome of Britishness, but with an atypical vibe of city planning. For The World’s End is a comment on the homogeneity of modern British towns. A similar uniformity afflicted the cities of the world in Huxley’s Brave New World, and this is the ultimatum delivered by the mysterious intelligence behind the alien invasion, whose brutal utilitarianism seeks to bring humanity in line with the rest of the galaxy by any means necessary. After all, we are almost there already: what high street can be walked down in this country without encountering the same banks, the same coffee shops, the same clothes outlets, the same chains of restaurants and pubs.

The film also dissects nostalgia by drawing attention to our own selective memories. The soundtrack is full of the early 90s Britpop and alternative rock of Wright and Pegg’s youth, that defines Gary King’s philosophy. The gang’s first attempt at the mile, all those years ago, was an unfinished ramble of illness and conflict, participants dropping like flies as the evening progressed. Yet it is remembered as the perfect night, the culmination of a wonderful youth. The characters are later offered the chance of a return to this youth, the recollection of twenty years’ pedestrian adulthood polished to perfection by cutting out all the bad bits.

It’s a tall order to replicate the success of the Cornetto classics without retreading old ground, but The World’s End manages to keep moving in unexpected directions. This is a team that know what they are doing, and they have certainly approached it with a new ambition, striking gold once more. At heart, The World’s End is a bittersweet endorsement of humanity, celebrating not only our faults, but the individuality and freedoms that come with them. It also inspired me to indulge in a pub crawl of my own. So I, for one, will be raising a pint glass to The World’s End, as it heads towards its cataclysmic finale. I suggest you do, too.
  91. Sep 4, 2013
    Pretty good! I'm a big fan of Simon Pegg so this film made me very happy, especially because Simon Pegg was in it and he his always a joy to behold. An A+!
  92. Sep 10, 2013
    12 pubs, 12 pints; one night. The World's End is the story of Garry King (Simon Pegg) and the old school gang, who re-tackle the 5280 feet of alcohol on the Golden Mile in their hometown. As Garry is reaching 40, this pub crawl is all he basically has to live for.

I usually personally judge a movie based on if I was bored at all during the run time, and with The World's End, I was
    constantly entertained with the British humor and witty comments, coming from Simon and the entire cast. The only character in the film I didn't like was Rosamund Pike (Picture 1). Her role was just minor and I feel that the film would've been better without it.

I walked into the film just for some laughs and a humor, and received much more in the end than expected. The movie took some completely unexpected twists and turns that neither me, nor the rest of the audience were expecting. I think that The World's End is the summer blockbuster film I never got. When I think back on this year’s break, I never really could remember a movie I actually left the theater satisfied with.
    Pegg's acting was the best I have ever seen from him, and I think that this single August release promotes his ability and range of all the parts he can play...WELL. The Sci-Fi aspect of the film weaved together nicely with the mix of comedy in an un-awkward way. When the sci-fi aspect did come about, I did feel the film began to become more unrealistic. I didn't like how these regular drunks, were able to change into mini Jackie Chan's all of a sudden.

Through the many fight scenes, there was really never a time where any one of the characters was in a close to life or death situation. I think that even though I thought this was a problem, The World's End is a movie that you go into knowing everything won't make perfect sense when you’re leaving the theater.

Being the third film in the series of Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz, I feel that The World’s End felt more like a sequel to Paul than the others it was billed against. Overall, The World's End is a movie you will feel like you got your money's worth out of, in the long run. It's one of those films that seems like it would be more fun to watch when you’ve had a few pints yourself, but either way it is an easy film to enjoy.
  93. Sep 13, 2013
    Very original! While I do find Shaun of the Dead still the best of the three Pegg, Frost & Wright movies, this was enjoyable. Though, I think the ending was kind of weird and unexpected. Overall, I liked it and it was a fun flick to watch.
  94. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The World's End was inspiring, filled with a mix of a dream with an apocalyptic twist, had a rebellious fun loving leader of friends that i could relate to, repeated the SPNF movie trilogy elements with pub drinking and fence jumping, showed old friends meeting again catching up which is a classic formula for awesome, it overall got me impressed and excited.
    it left me feeling refreshed, relaxed, rejuvenated, reanimated, recharged, and revved.
    being a great endpart to the SPNF movies trilogy, I give it in a solid 10/10 because its level of awesomeness seemed like an art form to me and revived that dormant living fun loving spirit inside. It invoked my inner party demons.
  95. Oct 2, 2013
    Now this is a very intelligent movie, extremely funny, surprising, and with a message.
    One of the best movies I've seen in a very long time.
    There goes that.
  96. Oct 17, 2013
    For what this is Good but not memorable! This movie starts with a great uphill arc. I would stat though somewhere around the middle the story goes too honest. Like they should just kill everyone because all hell has gone loose. Oh well. You know what you're paying for at this movie! @ramblingmango
  97. Dec 27, 2013
    Lacking in character depth, lacking in humour and lacking in logic. The Simon pegg character was annoying and frost as the straight guy didnt work.

The only thing I would say is the plot concept had some legs but the execution was terrible.

One to avoid.
  98. Sep 25, 2013
    Easily one of my favourite films. Went to see it with my dad and the excessive swearing and sarcastic humour really clicked. Brilliant fun, wouldn't recommend for sensitive people!
  99. Nov 21, 2013
    Simon Pegg and the rest of the cast are great and the first half of the movie is awesome, but during the second half it gets a little too weird. This is another good movie with Simon Pegg but Shaun of the Dead is way better. Overall Score= 68/100
  100. Jan 9, 2014
    Esta era una de las películas más esperadas del año para los que disfrutan de la buena comedia, y así es, The World's End es una lluvia imparable de carcajadas de principio a fin, el director Edgar Wright ha completado una de las trilogías más esperadas de la década pasada (incluyendo a Shaun of the Dead y Hot Fuzz). La verdad una comedia que debe ser vista para todos los que disfruten reírse a carcajadas con este dúo de actores (Simon Pegg & Nick Frost).
    Como último comentario: Muy recomendable y si no la ven están perdiendo una buena oportunidad para reírse con sus amigos un buen rato.

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Aug 31, 2013
    Nothing here is so well defined, and the tone of the film begins to suffer. I cannot imagine returning to it as one does to "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," hungry for fresh minutiae. [2 Sept. 2013, p.80]
  2. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Aug 28, 2013
    The World’s End affectionately takes a page from our Fifties sci-fi films.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Aug 26, 2013
    There's a lot of fun to be had in watching The World's End and, surprisingly, more thematic depth than one might expect. The humor, true to its British roots, may baffle some Americans but those who "get" it will laugh quite a bit.